YRC Freight Employee Reviews

Found 1,106 reviews matching the search See all 1,135 reviews
Good place
Line Haul Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 12, 2019
Good place to work. Transportation manager is top notch. The vacation time is fantastic. The benefits are good and dealing with the main office in Kansas city is good also.
It's cool
Dock worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILSeptember 10, 2019
Takes forever to get put on a shift so youre on call until you do which means that you sit around waiting on them to call you..if you don't have another job until you get on a shift this won't be for you
Great union, ok company
Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILSeptember 10, 2019
The actual work isn't too bad you start on the extra board and almost all routes are to the west coast if you are in Illinois. My biggest issue with the company is the attitudes of dispatch and the supervisors. Really nasty and nonchalant for no reason.
Eis
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Central Islip, NYSeptember 9, 2019
I was hired by yellow freight transportation in 9/22/2000 is was a great place to work.... I met a lot of nice people threw the years ...............
No need for cdl
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHSeptember 8, 2019
If you lose your cdl you can still work at yrc, also they have competitive wages, and you're in the Teamsters union a great company if you like longevity.
MGMT is biased
Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 7, 2019
Do not work here unless you are willing to deal with Union procedure. My interview did not explain how it works and thus I was forced to position that wasn't ideal for me. Benefits are great but MGMT plays favorites and is unprofessional and straight out mean and ugly. Equipment is horrible too. I do not recommend working for YRC in Des Moines, IA.
Very Good Job Many benefits and union
Line Haul driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2019
I would recommend anyone who loves to drive and has experience driving doubles to apply and pay is fair and unbelievable benefits. Only thing is you start out on a call block and you will be this way for sometime.
Pros
Benifits and Union
Cons
Call Block
Dead end Job with tons of stress long hours with decent pay.
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Copley, OHSeptember 5, 2019
Bad management, bad hours and working with teamsters. Twelve hour shifts with every three months you switch from day shift to night shift. Good pay and good benefits.
Pros
Toxic company
Cons
no time for life
I wood like try the sales rep position
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJSeptember 5, 2019
I like working for yrc Corp the people were great through out the years .the dispatchers were ok .the people in general knew their jobs . The benefits were great . And long as you did your job it was ok of a company to work for
Great place
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sauk Village, ILSeptember 4, 2019
The people are great, understanding but also stern. If you ask you shall receive, everything is like clock work from an office stand point. Now the dock is different cant really say much other than the dockmen got the job done.
Not at all what i exepted from a company with such a huge brand name. Very dissapointed
Casual Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 4, 2019
The company bring you on as an casual, meaning you're not a regular employee. They don't offer you any insurance, no benefits, Management treat casuals very poorly. The process of becoming a regular employee is when they feel like it so its never gaureenteed. No job security as a casual.
Pros
As a casual you're schedule is flexible if thats what youre looking for
Cons
As a casual you are given all the load assignments that nobody wants
Union job
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2019
Even though it's a union job, there are issues with favorites and work assigned. Also the mgmt one week is aggressive and the next week could care less. Always the employee's fault. The people who work with you are decent and reliable. Your first years there will be nights and weekends. I've been there 20yrs and the company has changed in many ways. More still to come. Perks are best in the business.
Pros
Union job. Benefits.
Cons
Co. Has no leeway for life issues, always changing its sytem, and the first years are nights and weekends mostly.
Good Work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 2, 2019
Everyone was friendly we all got a lone we got paid weekly everything was great. But it was a part-time porter job. I WISH I WAS FULL-TIME. I had soooo much fun here.
Worse place I ever worked for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 30, 2019
To start off the gave me a start date so I put in my 2 weeks notice then my date kelp getting pushed back cause me to fall be on my bills I didn't start working til 46 days after the interview and the hr lied about getting benefits on the first day of work and lied and the overtime and all they people talk to u any way
Company Rating
Dock Worker and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2019
It’s was Great it was fast paced. You can learn a lot from it and it’s also a workout. I recommend for people who like to work and can do challenging work.
Account Executive
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 30, 2019
Working as an account Executive for YRC Freight can be challenging on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is working with an operation that is strapped for employees and hours available to work them. The best part is the culture and the people who work there.
Management is very hands on, they want to see you succeed and support you if you want to go after a promotion.
Pros
Big name in the industry
Cons
Driver hours
Good place to be
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Mercer County, NJAugust 27, 2019
Nice place to be, relaxed and convivial with friendly co-workers, who are ready to advice and assist. The manager at my facility is top notch, very friendly and ably supported by supervisors who know their onions. I have no complaints but just compliment for this company. Started working here in 2018 but plan to stay here for long while.
Prepare to not have a life
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 27, 2019
10 hour days

Must be available 24/7

No training

5-7 day work week

Good luck trying to get some of the Union employees to work and earn their paycheck
Worked there 14 years
Line Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 24, 2019
If u want a pension , go to ABF !!!! YRC only pays a 1/4 a year in for your pension ..
They also have a 15% give back to the company ... It sucks , Company is greedy !!! Would not recommend this company ..
Pros
Cons
Yes they are
Great Job
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2019
Great job to work. Offer 2 hrs non mandatory OT daily, easy tasks, veterans always willing to help. You dont have a supervisor over your shoulder watching your every move, long as you get trucks unloaded , you have alot of freedom to take a smoke break whenever you want or step out to make a call if need be. Fun environment. Best job I ever worked, really trying to get back in to finish the dock to drive program. They pay 100% benefits and for CDL A training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YRC Freight. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight