YRC Worldwide Inc. Employee Reviews

I learn how to be Pro productive it was a good place to work
Forklift driver dock hosler (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAOctober 25, 2018
It was a good place to work I learn how to work with others it made me more responsible and that's where I learn how to drive a forklift I learn how to load trucks and the proper way of the trucks and I learned different destinations where the freight was headed to or coming from
Pros
I learn to work with others
Cons
Paying union dues
Ok job for a rookie
Linehaul / Road-driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 16, 2018
The job would be so much better if they would speed up the trucks to at least 67 miles er hour because doing 63 miles per hour is very dangerous and risky. Also, the equipment is very poor and dangerous, the trucks are very nasty and dirty on the inside.
Pros
not pushed to have a specific time of delivery
Cons
poor/dangerous equipment, nasty and dirty trucks and trailers
Warzone
Manager - Regional Fleet Equip (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 10, 2018
I worked for YRC for almost 8 years, I worked days/nights/weekends and Holidays. We all called the way of life like the donkey affect " as long as your still alive and walking they will keep adding to your loadand don't think you will be rewarded.
great place to work
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Maybrook, NYAugust 30, 2018
very good place to work being a union shop had lots of benifits and being a teamster was a pleasure work wasnt bad i just couldnt take the cold anymore a open dock
Productive and relaxed environment.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 29, 2018
If you can't acquire a CDL they won't hire you full time, it's really hot in summer and really cold in winter, they have no dock doors. The dock floors where really bad. Some times the freight was really damaged. Had trailers catch a fire,
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No healthcare
At one time great company to work for
Sr. Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 20, 2018
When the economy crashed so did YRC. Management was okay. Great pay for the job that I did. Always something new to learn Was at one time top of the Logistics game.
Wanted to try something new.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 21, 2018
Come in, get a trailer assigned to you, get a forklift, and start unloading. Scan bills to find where product went, take it to the location indicated. Help load product in between unloading products. Finish trailer, see supervisor for another trailer.
Mediocre place to work.
Casual Dock worker/ CDL trainee (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 4, 2018
I go to work and put in 100 % + in my opinion. I got told I'm a great worker and was offered a opportunity to get my CDL and that the company would train me for it while soaking up the cost. Now I'm being told I have to learn on my own which after working in a factory for 25 + years is all new to me. I have never driven a clutch or a big truck for that matter. Needless to say I quit my job of 25+ years to take on a new career and now I feel like I have been set up for failure.
This is a union company; pay is excellent, but workplace and management is poor
Freight Handler/City P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAJune 4, 2018
A typical day at YRC basically included getting on the forklift and then proceeding to your assigned trailer to start stripping freight out.

What I learned most was about the economy and the movement of goods throughout the country - how vitally important that is.

Management is mostly amicable, but there is an ever-present tension between the management and employees. This is because it is a union workplace and you are basically guilty until proven innocent. And the management has good reason to hold the unionized employees in contempt as the union regularly threatened strikes, walk-offs and work slow-downs.

The hardest part about the job is the lack of a regular schedule. Especially if you're new. You were on-call 24/7 and they didn't hesitate to wake you up at 3 in the morning to call you in for a 5 o'clock start time.

The most enjoyable part about the job was having direct participation in the economy. Everyone needs their goods and it was our job to make sure they got it.
Pros
Excellent pay, job mostly secure due to the industry itself
Cons
No schedule, management always in bad mood and occasionally mistreated you, no life outside of work, basically.
Fun place to work
Administrative / Biller (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 26, 2018
Excellent pay with excellent benefits. I would recommend working here. The truck drivers are very interesting and the business runs seamlessly. Union job.
Ok
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 26, 2018
Good place to work, excellent benefits. Training is mediocre. Management is knowledgeable, caring and understanding. Great team environment. Great food in the café.
Pros
Training is ok
Cons
Strict attendance policy
good union job
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAApril 29, 2018
Wasnt too bad of a job was in the union so had job security. would of stayed there if i didnt move. Pays every week only thing that i didnt like was forced overtime everyday .
Pros
job security
Cons
forced overtime
Nice place to work
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 14, 2018
YRC Logistics was a contractor of Proctor & Gambel in the Saint Louis MO area. It was a temporary contract that paid well for relatively relaxed work.
Pros
Good pay and work environment
Cons
None really
My department is a Great Department
Inside Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 13, 2018
Normal typical work day, New Industry in Logistics-Need continuos Training in the !st year. Upper management doesn't seem to have their finger on the pulse and micro managing is not the best way to get result. I believe sales is sales and customer service is customer service. Learning the terminology and fitting in the groves of things. the people are the best thing about YRC.
Long days but thats how u make money
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 4, 2018
Lots of old equipment 60 + hours per week benefits are incredibly good management is horrible but who cares they aren't in the truck with u so I leave and go about my business
Pros
Great medical
Cons
Some people u work with
Poor management
Corporate Account Executive (Corporate Sales) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 25, 2018
Over worked with zero life/work balance.

Had a manager say that the minimal work day should be 11 hours.

Try to enforce manatory over time even though it was against companty policy.

Would not recomend to anyone who wants a life outside of work.
Pros
Good pay if you are on the sales side.
Not a Stable Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 20, 2018
The company was greedy, and tried to acquire companies before having an infrastructure in place to support it.

Just don't...all of the great employees left years ago.
Pros
Cons
Unstable company
Job Work/ Life Balance- 1 Star
Shift Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2018
This was a very difficult job to balance home life and work life. This company did not take into account that employees had families, and made decisions based on only the companies needs.
Good place
Line Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHFebruary 27, 2018
Good place to work if you don’t mind not being home a lot and don’t mind working all different hours. With no real start time or end time. It’s all over the place
work environment
Application Analyst III; Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Good place to work until direction of company changed and Chicago branch got phased out. After Manager left company, position was filled with inexperience managers with no IT experience.
Pros
Technology
Cons
no incentives