YRC Worldwide Inc. Employee Review

View all YRC Worldwide Inc. reviews

Challenging Place To Work For
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILFebruary 6, 2013
My experience with YRC was not the best. In fairness, multiple factors have to be considered in my assesment of this company. During my tenure, YRC was experiencing economic difficulty. 3 weeks into my employment, I was forced to take a 10% pay reduction. Once I got promoted, my new salary was based upon a 10% pay reduction as well. Unfortunately, YRC's HR or management forgot that my pay was already reduced and they implemented another 10% pay reduction more than 6 months into the position. There were many layoffs, including myself during this time. There is a seperation between union and non-union employees and management had a tendancy of being rather bullish regardless of the economic challenges that their sales people experienced. Commissions and bonuses were either not paid or took nearly 6 months to recieve after being earned. They no longer provide company cars for their sales people and require the vehicle in use to be no more than 4 years old in order to recieve a car allowance.

Besides these unfortunate experiences, there are a lot of employees that have a very long tenure there. Everyone's experience is different. They provide a strong name brand and decent service. They have many loyal employees and there was a time where from what I've been told, it was a great place to work. Perhaps, one day they will return to those days.
Pros
strong name brand
Cons
constant uncertainty about your future and pay

Other YRC Worldwide Inc. Employee Reviews

good union job
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAApril 29, 2018
Wasnt too bad of a job was in the union so had job security. would of stayed there if i didnt move. Pays every week only thing that i didnt like was forced overtime everyday .
Pros
job security
Cons
forced overtime
Nice place to work
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 14, 2018
YRC Logistics was a contractor of Proctor & Gambel in the Saint Louis MO area. It was a temporary contract that paid well for relatively relaxed work.
Pros
Good pay and work environment
Cons
None really