YRCI

Working at YRCI: 32 Reviews

United States32 reviews

companygreatworkmanagementjobbenefitgoodplace

Good company, inconsistent hours

I enjoyed working for YRCI a few years ago. They used my skills wisely, I was fairly compensated, and I liked the employees a lot. However, they're a contractor, so at times I worked way more hours than I wanted to, and at others there was not enough work to do, so I got about 10 hours a week. Very inconsistent, but leaning toward more work than what you may sign up for. The company owners & upper management have, and make, A LOT of money, and they were always touting themselves and how great they are by sending out emails telling us which one of them got a promotion, recognition, or a bonus. LMAO. Remote employees were not given much training or treated like "family" like those in the office. That may have changed by now. All in all it was a decent place to work. I did apply to work for them again at one point, because they support your leaving to explore other jobs and coming back, however, that time my recruiter was not very good and kept blowing me off.

They look out for their employees, great company.

It has been a while since I've worked at YRCI, but they definitely pivoted me in the right direction in my career with a great on-site government client. They definitely looked out for the best for their employees.

YRCI insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Super laid work place

Love this place wouldn’t leave it for anything. Great people nice equipped trucks. Good money. Days off anytime you want no questions ask. It’s always a good day to come to work. Never had a bad day.

Linehaul

This is a a great place to work. Everybody gets along and easy money . Just come in and do you job and you will have nothing to worry about at all. Great place

Management is unorganized and unresponsive.

If you already have experience in HR, like the idea of working remotely, and don’t mind being underpaid, this is a good job for you. If you are new to HR, look elsewhere, because you will have difficulty accessing the resources you need to learn the job.

Pros

Good work/life balance

Room for Improvement

Pros: flexible place to work, some fun/interesting people to work with, can start off without experience Cons: they do not pay nearly as well as other contractors, the owners like to keep the money for themselves and run things in a cheap manner, management has no idea what’s going on and often treat staff quite rudely, the benefits are not good enough (very high deductibles and copays), HR is not discreet in the least bit and will air out your issues publicly. Note to management: please stop hiring people that aren’t even qualified to do the job properly and losing your best people because you refuse to pay them what their worth. Stop cutting costs by paying low salaries and subpar benefits, it’s greedy and your employees suffer.

Fun place to work when in office but they’ll betray you

Management will lie to you and play favorites to certain employees. Certain employees get whatever they want and then they treat others terribly!They will give some huge raises then lie and say “they don’t give raises” to others. Supervisors and team leads aren’t helpful when you need their support. Supervisors and team leads need additional training.While in the office the work culture is great.

Pros

Free snacks, monthly parties, work from home

Cons

Expensive health care, poor management, lack of training in managers/supervisors, low pay

Official response from YRCI

May 21, 2021
We are very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience while working at YRCI. This doesn’t align with our values or our mission. Our leaders make an effort to be engaged with our employees and want to know if something isn’t right so that we can remedy it. We even promote this during our new hire orientation where we take the time to meet each of our new hires every week. If you are still working at YRCI, we truly would like the opportunity to turn this around for you and give you the positive experience you deserve and that is reflective of who we are. Please email the HR team at YRCIHumanResources@yrci.com and we will handle your situation in confidence and with professionalism. Even if you are no longer with YRCI, we’d like to make it better for the remaining team members. We hope to hear from you so we can make this right.

Lots of young, energetic people.

No longer there. Got laid off but no fault of the company. It was due to government hiring freeze causing lack of work..Worked from home.Technologically advanced.That's all.

Pros

Competitive salary.

Cons

None.

Great interpersonal interests

Great contract jobs with excellent employers. Were able to match my personal skills to employers expectations. The result was a health relationship with the individual mangers in this location.

Family owned company...

Was an average company. Family owned so be sure to research pros and cons on that type of employment. Not diverse and no standard practices. Some good managers.

Workplace Culture is great but the benefits suck

Working for YRCI has it's benefits but their biggest downfall that stands out the most is their work life balance. As a federal government contractor, YRCI does not ensure that their contractors are taken care of during government closures beyond their control i.e. weather, early closures or executive order (Christmas eve closure). Considering that they solely deal with federal government contracts and have been for years, they don't ensure situations like these are included in their contracts. Contractors are required to take leave every time or telework, if approved. Since you only receive 4.5 a period, there are a lot of contractors having to take LWOP. Not mention, it doesn't allows for much PTO (leave) for sick or vacations. The Program Managers aren't very responsive or knowledgeable about the contracts.

Great place to work..

Great company to work for. The work is fast pace, always more coming, demands attention to detail. The compensation and benefits are excellent. This is a very mission driven culture but we're given the tools to achieve success. Best of all, they support remote options which allows excellent flexibility. Glad to have joined this team when I did.

Great Company

I reported to Federal Agencies through YRCI's recommendations. Learned jobs are out there...you have to be marketable. Management looks out for their recruits. Great work culture...everyone matters.

Pros

Good people

Cons

N/a

Review Policy violates privacy

The audacity to mandate that a 150 word review be done is beyond acceptable. As qualified candidates we drive work to your site and to breach privacy

Pros

Opportunity

Cons

Distance and traffic

Very supportive

YRCI was very supportive and made great inroads with my introduction to the workplace. They were always available when I had questions. Very good time.

Sub contractor

As a Sub-contractor, I was not only at the direction of the government, but the prime contractor. I had to wait for most tasks to become available from Prime.

Great company to work for if you are starting your career

YRCI is a great company to work for. The benefits are so so but the employees are really what make it worth while. If you are starting your career fresh out of college this is a great place to work.

A good contractor

YRCI was the second government contractor I've worked for. My duties were straightforward, management was clear on expectations and responsibilities, and I was otherwise left to do my job for the client without distractions or interference.

Pros

Very employee-centered

Cons

Were unable to place me on another contract when client cut my position

Good Company

I enjoyed working for YRCI. You are compensatin according to your experience and knowledge. They assist with you continuing your education and certification in your field.

Yrci

I am enjoying my experience with the Federal Client through YRCI. I am looking for another opportunity to ensure I am in the best position that is out there for me.

Excellent place to work

YRCI is a great organization where work life balance is promoted. They work with the team to support them achieving their goal. They provide several types of benefits, including a certain level of tuition reimbursement. It's a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YRCI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about YRCI in popular locations

• YRCI