Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun, Easy-going enviroment
Public Relations Assistant-Summer Hire (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKJuly 10, 2018
My time as a summer hire at YKHC was a great experience and helped me to find what I want to do as a future career aside from photography. I learned quite a bit working here.
Productive day
Community Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Aniak, AKJune 9, 2018
I've learned a lot with YKHC in the past 3 years. A lot of of the things I learned are like for a medical assistant but I was able to give injections and prescribe medications. Hardest part about the job was not able to have out-reach help for traumatic events like suicide, heart attacks and/or heart attacks
Pros
Helping my people
Cons
burnout
It was a good job.
Patient Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKApril 27, 2018
They hired me for a job I had no experience for and trained me. Hours were good plus overtime was available. Pay and benefits were excellent. My immediate supervisor was not very open to suggestions.
Pros
Good pay, benefits and hours.
Excellent Healthcare and employment
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKApril 3, 2018
Excellent advancement and training opportunities, able to transfer to another department if eligible and position is open. Great benefits to employee's and families.
Pros
Paid holidays and vacations
Ykhc
WIC Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKMarch 24, 2018
I loved working with clients and the WIC team.
I loved the management and our weekly meetings to make sure we were all on the same page. I would go back if i could.
I loved my job!
Registration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKFebruary 27, 2018
It was great working here! YKHC is a large organization, many moving parts. Very busy, pushing quality healthcare. Bethel, is a hard place to live for those who are not familiar. I experienced learning new job duties and how they relate to the financial revenue cycle.

The people were awesome.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
too cold, too dark, harsh weather conditions
Good company to work with rural American Indian communities
Epidemiologist (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKDecember 20, 2017
The town is landlocked
Learned a lot about local community's culture and their unique health issues
Very professional yet casual environment
Collaborated with state and national health experts
Pros
Good company to work for in small town
Cons
Cold weather and landlocked
Poor Management in Travel Department due to staff shortage
Hostel Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKDecember 13, 2017
I have worked varies shifts within the Hostel Department as a Hostel Technician for 5+ years. There was always something new to learn about and different approach would occur. The hardest part about the job was there was a lot of complaints regardless of how hard we worked, regardless of many hours we took, we dealt with different settings including the state troopers, police departments, etc due to child-contact environment. I enjoyed working within the department because I would be able to learn about cultures, values, and helping the need was rewarding.
Pros
Free internet browsing
Cons
staff shortages
fast paces and busy
Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKNovember 27, 2017
I love working in a fast pace job where there is always something to do all the time and with this job we has something to do everyday. I loved working with the people that were working there we all got along and worked well with each other. When we did not have a ride we had a coworker willing to pick us up so we can make it to work on time. I have learned a lot from them and had respect from them
Pros
free rides
Perfect place for advancecments
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethel, AKNovember 16, 2017
YKHC is a great company to work for and grow in, there are many opportunities for promotions and training. YKHC is growing quickly and its a great to gain experience and knowledge. I believe YKHC is a leading healthcare company that is setting standards for the industry.
Health Administration
Risk Management Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKNovember 15, 2017
Receiving, reviewing and processing paperwork. While employed with Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation, I learned to provide information of our department during New Employee Orientation. Management was very professional and assisted other for success. The culture of the organizations supported traditional values while serving Health Care to community and rual areas. I enjoyed working with YKHC because the excellent benefits along with the opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Wonderful caring place
Great place to live and work.
TDY Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKNovember 2, 2017
I enjoyed working with the native American Yupik people they appreciated all the efforts of medical professionals. I lived in Bethel for about 9 years and I would still be there if YKHC did not eliminate the night shift.
Pros
Friendly and professional staff
Cons
Management cares very little about appropriate staffing or patient care
Na
Interim Recruitment Manager & HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Bethel, AKOctober 17, 2017
Not sure what there is to review other than it's pretty standard place of employment. Depending on what department you work in will determine the pace.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
inequities
Micro management
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKOctober 13, 2017
Too much micro management. Had to be careful what you do and say. What they say and do was the opposite then what they said and did. Not fun too work.
Pros
Cons
stressful
great place to work
Temporary Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKSeptember 20, 2017
YKHC was a great place to work, where you could interact with new people, or with people you already knew. Since Bethel is the hub of the Kuskokwim, you often get to bump into people you know.
Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, AKAugust 13, 2017
If you wanted to do more they are open to training you and advancing you. Good company to work for, they encourage your growth. Sometimes miss the job security I had with them.
Pros
Good pay good hours and free trainings
Cons
Sometimes you have to work with ediots
Health care system
REGISTRATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKJuly 27, 2017
The corporation is great to work with, I was patiently trained until I got comfortable with the job independently. There are great benefits and holiday pay and leave hours. I enhanced my knowlege in computers and clerical administration.
Benefits
Cons
short breaks
Nice place to work,Optional working, flexible hours, different shifts
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethel, AK 99559June 19, 2017
Clock in to work ready to go, learned better customer service and how to interact with different situations. Hardest part is having to deal with family and known people or removing them from the building. I enjoy working and assisting others in need of help,positive vibes, and learning new ways of dealing with different situations.
Pros
Week-on, Week-off
Cons
No lunch
You Get What You Give
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKJune 6, 2017
Personally, it was tough as a new nurse but I'm thankful for the experience. I learned so much about myself, community needs, Yupik culture, the land, and so much more. Come with and open mind.
Pros
Student loan repayment, competitive pay, unique culture ...
Cons
expensive, high turnover rate (especially managers)
Busy
Dental Assistant Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Hooper Bay, AK 99604April 13, 2017
Always busy but fun environment.
Learned how to utilize a couple x-rays.
Learned how to schedule patients.
Management was fair.
Hardest part of job was dealing with angry patients.