YUM! Brands, Inc.

YUM! Brands, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

unhealthy envirment.

I typically worked the drive thru because how fast I could move the line. I also had to multi task by taking orders, taking money, making drinks, and boxing chicken and wedges. the goal was always to keep it green and I usually could keep it green the whole time. I cleaned the hot boxes out at the end of my shift before clocking out, that probably was the worse thing to do because you would be getting burnt while trying to clean it since we cant turn it off til we have no food in there. the management wasn't that bad but also needed improvement and people who actually take control of the place and run it smoothly.

Pros

free meal

Productive and fun workplace; all inclusive.

A typical day at Taco Bell usually consisted of helping team members prepare food/provide customer support when needed. I learned how to deal with various types of people and why it takes so long to get my food in the drive thru. Management was organized and respectful and everyone pretty much got along. The hardest part of my job was definitely coming out of my shell and dealing with rude people. Though the best part of the job was meeting and associating with cool people.

Pros

Free lunch, Easy to learn, Very flexible

Cons

Unpaid breaks, Reliance on others, Rude people

Great culture

Yum! has a wonderful corporate culture that values all employees and encourages recognition, big and small, of contributions. The emphasis on this made it a very enjoyable work environment.

productive and fast paced

its a fast paced environment where you can always stay busy, you get to learn how to work as a team with your co workers to get the job assigned to you done

Pros

free lunch

Cons

short staffed

good amount of hours but management wasnt the best

I was a closer and an opener at this job. I was a minor at the time but they would only sometimes give me breaks. I would work 8 hr shifts and get no breaks because they would not make time for it.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

sometimes you dont get a break

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Second Gen Inc.

They are accommodating, friendly, and welcoming. I was trained well and felt prepared to begin work. Truly a great experience and a wonderful first job.

Pros

Free food.

Cons

Minimal breaks but they were not missed, truely.

Eh

It's decent if you need something now. You should keep looking for something better though. Some managers are great, but one was on a power trip. Another was lazy.

Overall a great place

It’s been 10 years since I worked there, so I’m sure a lot has changed. As in any company culture there are some people that are out for what’s best and some that have their own agendas. But I lasted 14 years and I’m thankful and a better person for having working there.

Soul sucking Job that’s it

This job is just mind numbingly annoying as is any fast food job but working here I have learned just how bad coworkers can be I’ve had multiple ex coworkers come in and destroy stuff all because they quit and are young and dumb

Pros

Good tips every once and a while

Cons

No brakes coworkers don’t help bad management

The culture is outstanding

The culture at yum is completely and entirely outstanding, I wouldn't trade the culture here for more money anywhere else as this is what completes this company.

Great Place To Work

Wonderful People. You can work from home any day as long as you tell your manager. The offices are super clean and well maintained. The technology is fascinating and always growing and changing.

Rude workers, understaffed and unfair

Worked there for 3 months and it was good at first but then it just started to get bad. The shift leaders and other crew members are rude and constantly talk behind peoples back. Too much drama and don’t really care about their employees at all. The actual GM is super nice tho, only issue is the shift leaders and their attitudes towards employees.

Pros

Decent hours

Cons

Disrespectful, unfair pay

Excellent Culture and support from supervision

I worked as a Service Desk Analyst for Pizza Hut and the managers/supervision for the Pizza Hut team are all incredibly supportive and understanding. This is a fantastic place to work. Typical days can get repetitive but even after years there might be a new never before seen issue that occurs. Team scheduling leaves a little to be desired in that they have set schedules that you must choose from. During the pandemic, the company almost entirely converted to Work from Home.

Pros

Excellent management.

Poor work environment manager is vey rude.

Poor working environment, on your feet for long periods of time. Unpleasant staff from the top down. This was my first job, after the manager who hired me left, this place went down hill fast!

Pros

Cons

Long hours, low pay, getting yelled at.

No work-life balance. Meaningless training. Constant stress.

The only good thing about working for Yum is the healthcare offered to some employees. They hire close to everyone who applies regardless of their skill and capabilities. As a store manager you will work over 50 hours a week or you will be pressured to. When they switched to hourly pay, they based everyone’s pay on a 50 hour work week. Any maintenance will destroy your numbers and you will be reprimanded. They will make you work with a broken AC when the oven heat over 400°. They do not care about their employees. Turnover is horrible another thing that managers end up dealing with. Customers can treat employees horribly (throwing food, spitting, screaming) and the company will ALWAYS side with the customer.

Pros

Free pizza sometimes.

Cons

Decent work place for beginners

It's a good job. Basic work. Basic pay, good job for a person short on cash or a beginner. The main problem is that you smell bad after every shift. The smell doesn't wash out either.

Pros

Free food

Cons

short breaks

Work/life balance is nonexistent.

There is no work/life balance. You are expected to be available at all times. Your personal life is not to exist and your family does not matter. You do not matter as a person and no one truly cares about you. You are a number and they only half care about you if you make them look good on paper.

Pros

The money, the medical benefits

Cons

Basically everything else.

Fun place to work you meet people from all background

Long hours, you have to work fast but it's also fun.The company has good standards and you have to be ready at all times because they have a secret shopper

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Poor pay

Yum! Brands has a positive and rewarding culture. They take of their employees and the leadership actually practices what they preach. Positive shadow of a leader.

Pros

Fun culture, beautiful facility, employee benefits and offerings

Cons

Job advancements depend on which team you are.

Ok place to work

This is a very fast paced job. It would often get very busy and was sometimes hard to meet the time goals required. However, all team members were hard workers trying to meet the goal.

Reasonable work demands in each assignment.

Worked as an in-house temporary employee in different departments. Co-workers were nice but at the time the lower level seemed underpaid compared to jobs at other companies at the time.

Pros

Good work/life balance.

Cons

Management did not review work done as a group so not able to tell who was working or not.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YUM! Brands, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at YUM! Brands, Inc..
Powered byComparably