Yuma Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

cleaning and disinfecting
Envirolment Service (Current Employee) –  yuma azJanuary 24, 2019
not good communication in the area im working in

. they do not understand u and they don't care about ur opponion

they say one thing and they do another and they confuse u a lot

to stress ful
ER team was amazing a great group of folks
Contracted EPIC Trainer (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 11, 2019
My time with YUMA Regional was brief but enjoyable. It was an amazing group of people working together to provide the best medical service to Yuma. The physician and physician assistants treated everyone with respect and worked to meet the needs of the patients. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!!
Awesome opportunities to use skills and care for our community
Perioperative Educator; Circulator (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZ 85364January 3, 2019
My last job was in the OR for the last 15.5 years. I circulated in the OR and cared for one patient at a time in a great environment with great coworkers. I got to interact w ith each patient before taking them in for surgery and explain the procedure and what to expect during and after surgery. I learned that each experience with my patients was the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part was to have a trauma patient but also the most rewarding. The OR has the most equipment in the hospital and learning each of those and the Surgeons preferences was great. Our workplace culture was great and we worked with other departments really well. I enjoyed all my years there and hope to continue to work there again.
Pros
patients
Cons
not sure
bad management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZ 85364December 25, 2018
you get written up for everything you do . and don't get your side of the story regarding customer (patient ) service. over work and no help with patients
Expanded my skills and knowledge
Registered Nurse-Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 22, 2018
Provided me with opportunity to expand my nursing skills and encouraged autonomy. Great mentors and educational department. Coworkers support each and provide great teamwork.
Pros
Pick your schedule, team players
Cons
High acuity, high volume patients
Extremely poor leadership
RN (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 17, 2018
The hospital used to be about empowering nurses, shared governance, and patient safety. But now it's about who you know and what looks good on paper. It feels like a for profit system and the leaders just want what they want, not what is actually right.
Cons
Poor leaders, including directors and CNO and CEO
Good work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 11, 2018
Overall experience volunteering at the hospital was amazing. Had the opportunity to meet new people and gain a little work experience in and out of the office.
not about pt care
Senior Staff MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 15, 2018
Yuma Regional does NOT treat their employees with dignity or respect. They brought in managers to systematically get rid of the senior higher pain employees..
Pros
Great place to work, but don't take my word for it!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 13, 2018
Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is a great place to work! I am a registered nurse and I've been there almost 4 years now. I have enjoyed the company of my coworkers and the endless learning opportunities I have encountered. I work nights, so I don't deal a lot with upper management, however they don't seem to be too bad. Sometimes, their decisions seem like they're contradictory to what employees ask for (especially when it comes to staffing), but so far it has not been a major issue. We have travel RNs that keep coming back and speaking highly of YRMC, comparing it favorably to other hospitals they've worked in. Overall, I like being there!
Pros
Flexible scheduling, paid time off, paid sick leave
Cons
Management sometimes "doesn't get it"
Excellent Learning Opportunity
Nurse Extern I, 2West Medical (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 5, 2018
As a nursing student, many opportunities were available for learning. Staff on all floors were receptive and kind to students. I excelled as an extern in YRMC.
Fast paced, hard working, fun environment! I loved working for YRMC!
Management Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 13, 2018
I was an MRS for the Volunteer Service department and the Spiritual Care department, two of the best departments in the entire hospital. I worked with volunteers of all ages, from 15 to 95 and each and every one of them gave freely, of their time and their hearts, to YRMC. As for the Spiritual Care, the Chaplains and Chaplain Residents are some of the most caring and compassionate people I have ever had the privilege of working with. I would highly recommend Yuma Regional Medical Center a great place to work!
Pros
Recognition from ELT staff, benefits, covered parking for staff members, Cart drivers!
Terrible Work Environment
Surgical Technologist Positions (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 30, 2018
Management very reactive not proactive, thus we aere always short handed. The culture was not in favorable of employees. This also meant we can never say "NO" to the doctors, who wouldn't observe set rules and policies. Most of the staff is very professional and great to work with, pay is very comparable to other facilities, however the benefits package was terrible. In particular the medical benefits. Overall, I had a good experience but senior leadership is very lacking.
They are all about money and dont cate about their employees.
Usr/ telemetry tech (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 14, 2018
They need to be restructured the management is all about money and the employees suffer because of their poor leadership. The employees are treated like cattle and are told they are easily replaceable .
Pros
good employees
Cons
bad managenment
Fast paced enterprise environment
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 9, 2018
Very fast paced environment, with tons to do.

Being a hospital there is always something to upgrade and do.

The management there is very bad however, everyone just needs to have some thick skin going in.
Incestual Leadership
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 3, 2018
Only one religion thrives at YRMC. Yuma should be located in Utah. That way prospective workers would know what they are getting into before hiring on.
Pros
compensation
Cons
leadership
N/a
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZ 85364June 13, 2018
the part I enjoy the most is that, it's not a stressful place to work at.
i have learned a lot about team work in this company. My immediate boss is great. She is very understanding.
Cons
no breaks
Good experience as you are many miles away from any big hospital.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 8, 2018
Worked there as a new grad so I am sure things have changed a lot. I see that they are always hiring new or experienced nurses and that has been going on for years. Yuma is not the easiest town to live in. Huge population are 'snowbirds' so your census will drop significantly in the summer time. Very busy hospital with a lot of unexperienced new nurses.
Pros
Salary, not too far from the sand dunes and San Diego.
Cons
Too far away from Phoenix or Tucson. Small town attitudes.
I loved working there
LNA (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 1, 2018
It was an amazing place to work. I'm looking forward to next season. Most of the people there are amazing. I've made some good friend's while my time there. I won't lie it's very hard to get & keep your foot in the door but it's worth it!
Pros
Sometimes we got free lunch just because
Cons
Short lunch breaks
No protocols set in place to function as respiratory therapists.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 25, 2018
Everything at this facility has to be micromanaged by a physician. There are no protocols that allow us to practice our skill set with autonomy. Every medication, procedure, ventilator change, etc. have to be cleared with a physician before being executed delaying proper patient care. Minimal staffing creates danger for patients as there is not enough time to properly assess and care for them. Triaging patients in order of severity became necessary as we did not have enough staff to adequately treat all of our patients with the time and care they deserved.
Not enough help
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 20, 2018
It was a ok place to work , some of the Employees knew what their where doing, but not most. This place overloads its Employee's with to many duties to do at once. Not enough C/A's for so many patients
Pros
The C/A's are team players
Cons
The RN's not team players at all. Very lazy and dont really care about their C/A's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yuma Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Yuma Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location