Yuma Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Politics, politics, politics!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 11, 2018
What it was a great place to work once, is not so much anymore. Upper management keeps making non-sense moves. They really need to stop and let their employees do their job.
licensed nursing assistant
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 9, 2018
Providing selected patient care activities working under the direction of an RN, answering call lights, reporting/responding to emergencies, working at part of the Code team, phlebotomy, Applies appropriate techniques in transferring, ambulating and positioning of, assists in the admission, discharge and transfer of patients.
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
short breaks
wonderful athmosphere
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 3, 2018
I truly enjoy working here because not only do I get to help people but you mean such great co-workers. It is a very positive environment and everyone is very helpful.
Excellent coworkers
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 1, 2018
I worked at YRMC 3 times! First time full time for 8 years and went back twice part time. Your coworkers become a second family. I had a great boss and supervisor most of the time I was there, especially when I was with the ERBO.
Pros
Coworkers, flexible schedule, decent pay.
Cons
Working nights!
fast paced
Lead Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 1, 2018
It is a good place to work if you are in the medical field. Management is really bad for some departments not all. It has its busy seasons. Not a great place to work if you wanna move up unless you have a college degree or certification
hospital
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 28, 2018
This place is a joke. Horrible hospital to work at. No breaks, or lunch. Never time to think, always have phone and people bothering you. Everyone gets infections
My Nights at YRMC
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 22, 2018
I worked for YRMC for 5 years and most of them on night shift. What I learned is that it is important to be a team player and that the patient comes first.

The workplace environment is very diverse and was mutually satisfying to all. We could learn many things from the different cultures and appreciate the difference.

The hardest part of the job was the night shift, it would become very hard to stay awake during the 3-4 am time period, and so the increase of drinking pop that had caffeine was necessary to stay awake.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the patient improve and return to their own home environment.
Pros
Continuing education opportunities
Cons
I cannot think of any.
I had a great time helping patients get checked in for their surgeries and visits as well for labor and delivery.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 8, 2018
Volunteering at the hospital was a interesting and fun experience. I enjoyed helping patients with their appointments and accessing the computer for visitors at the labor and delivery. As well I helped patients with wheelchair and take them to get checked up. I also handled answering calls at the front desk. I have great communication skills.
Excelente
FACILITIES ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZ 85364January 3, 2018
Perfect & good environment its good nice salary ..
15 years of growth and learning
PACS Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 2, 2018
Encourages getting a degree.
Keeps up to date on laws and training regarding HIPPAA and OSHA etc.
Excellent vacation time and sick time.
I learned many computer programs and getting around in them.
The hardest part of the job was getting laid off.
Learning was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Downsizing
Advancement was only given to family members of upper management.
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 21, 2017
Unfortunately Yuma Regional Medical Center is the only hospital within several 100 miles so there are no competitors. The organization has also refused to allow the employees to go union to represent their benefits, making all the wages and benefits uncompetitive to the market.
Pros
The only hospital within miles
Cons
The only hospital within miles and they do not have competitive wages/benefits for employees.
Great staff
Unit Secretary/Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 11, 2017
The staff are well trained and work together extremely well. Always willing to lend a hand if they are able. This includes the travelers. The middle management are knowledgeable, understanding and compassionate. The upper management is more concerned about cost than patient care. However, they are concerned about staying current with technology and equipment.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Not enough staff
working at a hospital isnt easy
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 27, 2017
A hospital is no joke. lives are at stake. a hospital is not meant to be fun its meant to be on a constant lookout. keeping an eye open always. being alert is the main concern
Pros
good career
Cons
stressful environment
Supportive enviornment.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 9, 2017
Case management is stressful, yet the hospital culture is focused on reducing stress by providing many activities for employees to be involved in outside of work as well as wellness programs during work. Unfortunately, staffing is always short and sometimes there is not enough flexibility with work schedules, i.e.. able to work 10hour days in the case management department. Staff is supportive of one another and management attempts to hear concerns and address them-as with most organizations, change is slow. Salary and benefits are good, but not based on structure of case management at YRMC.
Pros
supportive work environment
Cons
Shortage of staffing increading daily stress
Nice place to work if you don't have a family.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 7, 2017
I loved the place but after just having my baby they wanted me to return to work at 4am when I told them ahead of time I would not be able to work that early. All of the staff was very welcoming though. There was always a little bit of drama like any work place.
Productive day
RN (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 28, 2017
Enjoyed working for this hospital. The benefits were acceptable and the pay was competitive. The culture is very warm and welcoming. I had great co-workers and an effective team.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Management closely monitoring everyone's hours
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 11, 2017
I have been employed with YRMC on and off for many years. Starting as a Clinical Associate, then surgical technician, and now returning to the O.R. as a Registered Nurse. The current department administration is fantastic. This facility is a regional medical center and offers challenging patient populations and yearly population spikes due to the warm weather during the winter months. The proximity to San Diego beaches is a bonus!
Pros
Clean, technologically advanced, ensures we have everything we need to perform any task
Cons
Facility is sometimes not competitive due to it being the only hospital for 60+ miles
A enjoyable place to work,lots of teamwork
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 9, 2017
A positive work environment promoting excellent care for patient's satisfaction .Great employees and teamwork with other departments. Great doctors and nurses.
Pros
salary
Cons
management
excellent work enviroment
Pbx switchboard operator (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 9, 2017
the dept i work in has an awesome staff of 8 ladies within our office, we all communicate well to get things done.We all have our fare share of tasks within dept, over all its a great place to work
Pros
people
Cons
stress
Lack of support from upper management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 7, 2017
At one time YRMC was a great place to work, however that has changed immensely. They are extremely top heavy and continue to hire upper level positions while cutting from the bottom. Doesn't matter how many hours you work per week and or how much you stress that you need help, they will hire another Director, Admin Director or VP before they hire front line staff. It's all about the bottom dollar and their end of year bonuses. Very sad. After working there for over 15 years I said enough!!! I've seen some cut throat decisions made lately that were appalling and did not want to stay one minute longer. They will cut positions in one area that is continually over worked just so they can create new departments that offer nothing more than fluff. It's sad how low this hospital has become over the years. At one time they really cared about not only patients but also their staff.
Pros
Discounts and pay scale.
Cons
Over worked, not enough help. Lack of leadership. Every man for himself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yuma Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Yuma Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location