Yuma Regional Medical Center

Yuma Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

United States207 reviews
Featured review
Yuma Regional Medical Center selected this as a representative review
Awesome place to work and great co workers. Excellent benefits. A lot of jobs to advance too. Many departments to work for. Get to meet a lot of people both internally and externally.
Wonderful staff, management team not support
Good for a temporary job, management team lot of room for improvement
Excellent Community Hospital
It was a pleasure working at such a fine hospital out in the middle
of the desert. Excellent department with wonderful staff who truly are

devoted to providing best patient care possible.

Excellent Surgeons and Staff.....it was a true pleasure working for this hospital.
Productive and fun people to work with.
The nurses in the unit tend to give each other support and help each other when needed. Very team work oriented atmosphere. The pay does not do any justice, but i really enjoy working at YRMC. Budgeting and budget cuts tends to over the quality of patient care.
Worst management
Management is a joke, some charge nurses tend to be lazy and not making sure the nursing staff is doing their job. Often times nurses will be sitting down and on their phones, while asking the assistants to do work (if not all the patient care) for them
Pros
Some floors are so helpful and work as a team
Cons
Bad management
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Excellent
I loved working for YRMC at the ED dept. Flexible schedules, pay is great, charge nurses are great!! They have improved tremendously as clients care and employees duties!! I truly recommends YRMC a excellent place to work. I am thankful for having the opportunity of being part of this wonderful family!!
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Open 24 hours
Strong sense of team
Great employer with a lot of growth potential. I have had a lot of opportunities that may not have been possible at another organization. Patient safety and satisfaction are of the highest priority.
A typical day at wortk
Good place to work. Good training. Overall good management. Fair pay. Fair hours. Small town community. Good to its employees. Work on a few different units. Enjoyed all of them.
Great staff
Good systems in place that are doable and work well for community. Staff all disciplines work as one team to provide great care to the community. Many CNAS become nurses due to the nurturing staff
Awesome Director and CoWorkers
I began as a contracted coder. Shortly after I was offered a permanent position. This has been an awesome place to work. Family oriented organization.
Friendly!
Everyone is so friendly and helps each other. You're allowed to be human. Management is very supportive. It has about 470 beds, so I do a LOT of walking.
managers have no idea what they are doing
Do not apply at main lab.down sizing and using machines by November next year and letting a bunch of people go. horrible manager no idea what she is doing. There is a on going problem and we bring it up to her and still nothing. She needs ALOT of more experience.
Cons
horrible manager
Management and hiring policies
Poor management and environment does not support everyone Very clicks groups they hire people without verifying previous employers and people who have reputations for drugs and alcohol issues depends who you know not what you know Horrible conditions however need to work
Worst place to work
Stress levels are high. HR doesn't communicate with departments and changes things from one day to another. Work to personal life ratio doesn't exist.
Quick Paced
Good place to work while being a student. I was able to attend school and work. Sometimes I was scheduled to work on days I had school but was usually able to switch days with my coworkers. Pay was okay, I sometimes felt that I was under paid for the amount of work done and my experience.
High volume work environment with ample training
Fast paced and high volume laboratory with ample opportunity to grow ones skills. Management has an extremely high turnover rate. Schedule is not very flexible, but it is easy to pick up overtime.
Learning with a team
Right when you start you have a preceptor assigned to you (or you can request one) who's approach is the one most likely thought to help you learn. You can request a new preceptor and also if you need more orientation time you can easily get that as well. The nurse supervisors and director are readily available.
Pros
Overall friendly staff, team players. Provide care we're proud of. Cliquey in some areas.
Cons
Very little help with continuing education (financial aid). A lot of equipment missing.
People did not know much of what they were suppose to be doing.
Management there really sucked. Especially in the kitchen area even the directors. Confidentiality was broken there, anything said or spoken to the main director or management was always said to other employees in that area.
No thank you
Never got a raise till I left the company and that only happened because of unfair treatment I filled a complaint with the EEOC then they decided I was no longer welcome. I was injured on the job and when I came back from FMLA they decided to try and break me. And they did, they broke my back to the point I could barely walk. I filed a complaint and they fired me.
Pros
If you get hurt you are already in the hospital
Cons
They pay poorly
Excellent
Excellent fast paced environment. Core staff was very helpful to seasonal RN’s just be willing and open and do much support. They always put the client first. Working with the team was always “beyond fabulous”.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yuma Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.
Yuma Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location