Yuma Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced, hard working, fun environment! I loved working for YRMC!
Management Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 13, 2018
I was an MRS for the Volunteer Service department and the Spiritual Care department, two of the best departments in the entire hospital. I worked with volunteers of all ages, from 15 to 95 and each and every one of them gave freely, of their time and their hearts, to YRMC. As for the Spiritual Care, the Chaplains and Chaplain Residents are some of the most caring and compassionate people I have ever had the privilege of working with. I would highly recommend Yuma Regional Medical Center a great place to work!
Pros
Recognition from ELT staff, benefits, covered parking for staff members, Cart drivers!
They are all about money and dont cate about their employees.
Usr/ telemetry tech (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 14, 2018
They need to be restructured the management is all about money and the employees suffer because of their poor leadership. The employees are treated like cattle and are told they are easily replaceable .
Pros
good employees
Cons
bad managenment
Fast paced enterprise environment
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 9, 2018
Very fast paced environment, with tons to do.

Being a hospital there is always something to upgrade and do.

The management there is very bad however, everyone just needs to have some thick skin going in.
Incestual Leadership
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 3, 2018
Only one religion thrives at YRMC. Yuma should be located in Utah. That way prospective workers would know what they are getting into before hiring on.
Pros
compensation
Cons
leadership
N/a
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZ 85364June 13, 2018
the part I enjoy the most is that, it's not a stressful place to work at.
i have learned a lot about team work in this company. My immediate boss is great. She is very understanding.
Cons
no breaks
Good experience as you are many miles away from any big hospital.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 8, 2018
Worked there as a new grad so I am sure things have changed a lot. I see that they are always hiring new or experienced nurses and that has been going on for years. Yuma is not the easiest town to live in. Huge population are 'snowbirds' so your census will drop significantly in the summer time. Very busy hospital with a lot of unexperienced new nurses.
Pros
Salary, not too far from the sand dunes and San Diego.
Cons
Too far away from Phoenix or Tucson. Small town attitudes.
I loved working there
LNA (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 1, 2018
It was an amazing place to work. I'm looking forward to next season. Most of the people there are amazing. I've made some good friend's while my time there. I won't lie it's very hard to get & keep your foot in the door but it's worth it!
Pros
Sometimes we got free lunch just because
Cons
Short lunch breaks
No protocols set in place to function as respiratory therapists.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 25, 2018
Everything at this facility has to be micromanaged by a physician. There are no protocols that allow us to practice our skill set with autonomy. Every medication, procedure, ventilator change, etc. have to be cleared with a physician before being executed delaying proper patient care. Minimal staffing creates danger for patients as there is not enough time to properly assess and care for them. Triaging patients in order of severity became necessary as we did not have enough staff to adequately treat all of our patients with the time and care they deserved.
Not enough help
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 20, 2018
It was a ok place to work , some of the Employees knew what their where doing, but not most. This place overloads its Employee's with to many duties to do at once. Not enough C/A's for so many patients
Pros
The C/A's are team players
Cons
The RN's not team players at all. Very lazy and dont really care about their C/A's
good place to work
Registered Nurse II (competent) (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 26, 2018
The institution is well organised and people help each other. Nurses can do their job and provide better patient care. Management support the staff very well.
Pros
organised
Cons
remote
Seasonal employee
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 20, 2018
I enjoyed working here, the staff was nice. For a seasonal employee we received a 401K paid by the hospital. This place does get extremely busy. Some resource coordinators are very young and not helpful.
Pros
yearly pay increase
Cons
extremely busy
Politics, politics, politics!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 11, 2018
What it was a great place to work once, is not so much anymore. Upper management keeps making non-sense moves. They really need to stop and let their employees do their job.
licensed nursing assistant
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 9, 2018
Providing selected patient care activities working under the direction of an RN, answering call lights, reporting/responding to emergencies, working at part of the Code team, phlebotomy, Applies appropriate techniques in transferring, ambulating and positioning of, assists in the admission, discharge and transfer of patients.
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
short breaks
wonderful athmosphere
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 3, 2018
I truly enjoy working here because not only do I get to help people but you mean such great co-workers. It is a very positive environment and everyone is very helpful.
Excellent coworkers
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 1, 2018
I worked at YRMC 3 times! First time full time for 8 years and went back twice part time. Your coworkers become a second family. I had a great boss and supervisor most of the time I was there, especially when I was with the ERBO.
Pros
Coworkers, flexible schedule, decent pay.
Cons
Working nights!
fast paced
Lead Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 1, 2018
It is a good place to work if you are in the medical field. Management is really bad for some departments not all. It has its busy seasons. Not a great place to work if you wanna move up unless you have a college degree or certification
hospital
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 28, 2018
This place is a joke. Horrible hospital to work at. No breaks, or lunch. Never time to think, always have phone and people bothering you. Everyone gets infections
My Nights at YRMC
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 22, 2018
I worked for YRMC for 5 years and most of them on night shift. What I learned is that it is important to be a team player and that the patient comes first.

The workplace environment is very diverse and was mutually satisfying to all. We could learn many things from the different cultures and appreciate the difference.

The hardest part of the job was the night shift, it would become very hard to stay awake during the 3-4 am time period, and so the increase of drinking pop that had caffeine was necessary to stay awake.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the patient improve and return to their own home environment.
Pros
Continuing education opportunities
Cons
I cannot think of any.
I had a great time helping patients get checked in for their surgeries and visits as well for labor and delivery.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 8, 2018
Volunteering at the hospital was a interesting and fun experience. I enjoyed helping patients with their appointments and accessing the computer for visitors at the labor and delivery. As well I helped patients with wheelchair and take them to get checked up. I also handled answering calls at the front desk. I have great communication skills.
Excelente
FACILITIES ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZ 85364January 3, 2018
Perfect & good environment its good nice salary ..