YWCA Metropolitan Chicago Employee Reviews

great teamwork
EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILAugust 10, 2018
The YWCA is an awesome place to work. The communication with the team I worked with was phenomenal. There was always problem solving being done within our team and also helping other colleagues with problem solving at the YWCA.
They deserve million stars! The best place to work!
Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 11, 2018
I was working as math instructor there. This is one of the best jobs that I have had since I came to The USA. People are professional, carrying and supporting. I really love my job and I appreciate that they let me do it. I had a lovely time with my students, I hope I did something that can change their lives for better.
Cons
It was teporary job :(
Amazing people to work with.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2017
I met the most wonderful and dedicated people, helping the community thrive. Also provided chances to try new and different things. A place to learn and grow.
Pros
Staff, Work in the Community
No management or accountability
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 27, 2017
Poor and inconsistent hours with no safety for your scheduled personal time off. Very unethical practices considering it is a non-profit. Culture expresses that any interaction with HR is means for creating a hostile work environment.

You have any problems? Deal or leave. They do not care about their employees unless they are using them to accomplish a job paying the least amount of money. If they find a work horse, that person will be valued for the amount of time they put in, not the quality of their work or character.
chaos, bigotry, unprofessional behavior
Social Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2017
The entire time I was there there was so much turnover, everything was very chaotic. It was really common to overhear discriminatory statements or witness very inappropriate behavior that was met with no consequences. Cultural competence and awareness are NOT valued here. Trying to make a complaint or offer constructive ways to improve the situation didn't do anything to resolve the situation. Management was unsympathetic and chaotic and pay/opportunities for advancement are very low-nonexistent. Health insurance premiums were ridiculous and communication within the organization is very bad and feeds a chaotic environment. Also, the facilities to do your job were sub-standard, noisy, and in bad shape.
Pros
you are expected to work your full hours and not work overtime and use your vacation
Cons
everything else
Unorganized work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILOctober 5, 2016
This job was set on dictatorship and following the rules without speaking of everything that is wrong. very stressful work environment and managers are not supportive of employees. No room for growth if you are not willing to do as they say. No annual raises
Great organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILMarch 21, 2016
Largest and oldest women's crisis center in Illinois. Job culture is one of dedicated employees working hard to provide services under government grants. The CEO is dedicated to the mission AND to finding alternative funding sources to keep the YWCA and it's mission afloat.
Pros
Dedicated staff with passion for helping othets
Cons
Senior management
Ywca
Client Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJuly 9, 2015
This is great place to work at, with a great mission to empower women. It is a very fast paced environment. The directors are wonderful and welcoming to all new employees.
Respected organization
Innovation & Collaboration Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Long-standing women's services organization in Chicago.