YWCA of Greater LA

YWCA of Greater LA Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles, CA13 reviews

Great Place to Make an Impact on the Community

This is a great place to work if you really want to have an impact on the community. They have a variety of programs that meet most needs of a family from cradle to seniors. I really enjoy the work I do but sometimes like any job it can be frustrating to get things done in a timely fashion as there are multiple levels to get things approved. Otherwise I enjoy the work and think this would be a great place to work for anyone looking for a mission focused organization.

Pros

Mission driven, great work with great impact to the community, Pay

Cons

Very bureaucractic, takes a long to get things approved, Management

Don't bother! Seriously!

This place place should be audited by the state and federal government agencies that govern the regulatory policies of non-profits! It is extremely nepotistic and unethical in its hiring practices.

Pros

Couldn't think of any

Cons

Cronyism, Nepotism, Mismanagement

YWCA of Greater LA insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good working ennvironment with lots of growing knowlege and skils.

I liked working side by side with the HR Dept. It was awesome. I loved every day of it. I was layed off due to covid-19. I wish i could go back. Good work space and good work equipment.

Nice place to work

Company is very flexible and loves for you to think and be creative. They give you the opportunity to do your very best at all times. Creativity they encourage.

Dysfunctional and extremely nepotistic!

The person I worked for was extremely condescending and was not qualified to be in the position she held. I learned that she had numerous Executive Assistant's prior to my being hired, after the fact. When trying to address concerns on the job, management did nothing to rectify the issues. The hardest part of the job was not being trained and constantly being blamed for not being able to successfully execute an administrative task at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was there were a lot of nice people. The work was purpose-driven.

Pros

There were a lot of genuinely nice and helpful people

Cons

Some of the management staff are not qualified to hold their positions.

Peaceful place to work with a kitchen full of goodies

I enjoyed working at the YWCA. I was able to exceed my skills in the office setting with women who wanted to assist me to their best ability. I admire each and every one of them for helping me. I, being the youngest there at 18 gained much more confidence to pursue challenging projects in the future.

Pros

Positive atmosphere

Cons

No cons I loved it there

Great place to be

The YWCA of Greater LA is a wonderful organization. They help women and children by providing training, daycare and other supportive opportunities. They're great.

A relaxing work environment

The YWCA Greater Los Angeles is a good place to learn. From office administration to soft skills to basic organization, it can be a great place to work for long term employment or to prepare for future employment.

Pros

Many events to participate in

poor place to work in

totally against their mission, racism all over the place, I wouldnt recommend this place to anyone. Reimbursement of mileage and other expenses is almost a year behind.

Great place to work with senior citizens

A typical day at work starts by providing a light breakfast for seniors starting at 9am, followed by teaching basic computer skills for an hour to seniors interested. Lunch is then served at 11:00am until noon. Several seniors then play Loteria after lunch.

Pros

Co-workers and Management

Cons

Limited Career advancement

I enjoyed working for the YWCA Greater Los Angeles. The people were friendly and fun to work with. There was a great work-life balance and a warm, family-type atmosphere.

Empowering and fun-filled job placement

I absolutely love what I do, however, now that I graduated from college, I am looking for a new and exciting, better paying job opportunity.

Great people to work with and challenging

Enjoy working the YWCA learned many skills with children and parents. Lots of growth with files and observations with children with special needs. Very challenging and enjoy what I do as well as advocating the victims for sexual assault in the South Bay Area.

Pros

medical benefits/ holiday pay/ vacation pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YWCA of Greater LA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits