Z Gallerie Employee Reviews

Many internal changes.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAApril 13, 2019
Absent DM. No support in certain areas. Upper management iare more concerned with the physical appearance of the store than helping provide proper support to their teams. It was a family owned business that eventually let investors in and I believe through that their mission value statement got lost. A great company that rapidly went downhill. Sadly.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Now has filed for bankruptcy
Z Gallerie is a stressful environment with no growth whatsoever.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAApril 8, 2019
Stressful environment, no room for growth, store is on the verge of closing. They have already filed for chapter 11. This job is very inconsistent and I do not feel is a healthy environment for me.
Not A Good Place To Work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 1, 2019
I worked part time, and I was working almost full time hours. The manager scheduled someone else as working 50+ hours a week. The literal only upside was that they were accommodating about my gender identity.
Pros
Accommodating about gender identity
Cons
Short breaks, insane scheduling
Overall zgallerie is just a okay company to work for .
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2019
There's no Commission , you never get your 80 hours, sales goals are high but attainable, they don't recognize your brakes only your lunch on a full 7 to 8 shift . Not a fulfilling company to work for
Pros
Cons
No Commission. .they only recognize your 30 minute lunch you never get your two 10 minute brakes .
Dynamic
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 20, 2019
Z Gallerie has taught me to manage others and work with things outside of my comfort zone. It is a great opportunity to work with clients on a personal basis.
looks great on the outside.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMarch 15, 2019
corporate needs to get an update! everything is backwards and the systems are old and don't work well. no real policy and procedures. every store basically does it's own thing. They want store managers in the office instead of on the floor working with employees and customers.
Good work place
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 3, 2019
Z Gallerie is a good place to work. I have worked here for over 3 years and have been promoted in the company.. I really enjoy working here, but unfortunantly corporate does not listen to its long standing employees. There are issues with the distribution warehouse that are failed to be fixed after a few years of costing the company way too much money.
Pros
good atmosphere, fun, good wages
Cons
dealing with issues others in the company caused
Daily Operations
Customer Service Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Please see resume. High volume call center, fast pace. Needs to work well with other and create personal relationships with other department within the company to complete tasks.
Na
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2019
Not A company that I would work for again.
Task focused
Putting up new sales, taking down sales.
Not customer friendly.
Not good customer Service people at Corp
Z Gallerie need to take care of its brick & mortar locations
VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2019
I was so initially excited to get a Visual position at Z Gallerie:

It's brand identity is already the 'King of Shimy, Shimy, Bling, Bling'.
It had/has the potential of becoming another American icon, along with Target, Starbucks, etc. They MUST maintain their showroom locations in order to, not only survive cyberspace, but to rise in ranks.
It was so disappointing to see it slipping away...

To a showroom based retail store like Z Gallerie is, the Visual staff should be part of the management team, with the clout to keep the jewel polished and breath taking. Otherwise, anything short of that, and a shiny palace like ZG will fall into oblivion like so many others.
very respectable
furniture unloader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2019
a typicall day at z galleria was very hardworking but satisfying the sore was organized and clean the surpervisors treated you very fair and with respect
Pros
free lunch
ok place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 26, 2019
I liked my DM and staff. I asked and applied to transfer back to my original store several times, which was closer to where I lived, however was stuck running the store 30+ miles from my home when I was promised transfer back after 1-2 years. I was there 3- so I found another job. pay wasn't great for the time I put in- worked longer hours to help payroll since I was salary, no overtime. hard to take time off (my paid vacation) wouldn't go back.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Very relaxed environment. The people are great to work with and the industry is always changing. Moving up is difficult as they bring in new people all the time.
Great staff and management, poor customer services in call center.
ZGallerie, Lead (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 13, 2018
Working a Zgallerie was a challenging experience. I loved the people and management I worked with, barring a few exceptions. The major problem with the company in the call center was the out dated system which created, lack of resources and information to give customers accurate updates on their orders, poor practices in warehouse to send out orders correctly and in a timely manner, lack of resources and information to give customers accurate information about their delivery, and items arriving broken to customers homes often due to the choices of delivery options and companies chosen to complete orders. Worse of all having to herd customers along with limited imformation just to get to the next customer which mostly consisted of repeat calls from customers who were unsatisfied with the resolution process which could remain unresolved for months at a time. I felt like I had to lower my intecrety and level of customer service just to make management happy about making the numbers. Sorry customers.
Pros
Great staff and mamgement
Cons
Outdated system and practices
Nice place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 24, 2018
I've worked at Z Gallerie for a long time. I am leaving due to family obligations and my children are getting older now and I am more involved in their hectic school schedules.
Working at The Mall
Warehouse Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2018
Very friendly Staff, and very supportive and organized. It can be a hectic environment at times, especially during the Holiday Season. The Company is run very well.
Ok, place to work but no upward mobility,
Sales, Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2018
A good part time job. If you are looking to advance, tis is not the place,
Very physical job, lots of standing. They should look at increasing the hourly rate for such a demanding job.
ZGallerie
Visual Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 23, 2018
ZGallerie as with many retailers is going through some challenging times. Currently, the leadership team is pushing & pulling in many directions causing frustration & low moral in many markets. Feedback is asked for but rarely taken seriously. The most enjoyable part of the job at this time is the core team of people that I work with daily, can trust & lean on during these frustrating times.
Pros
healthcare & benefits are comparable
Cons
Low moral
Fast paced fun environment
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2018
Seasonal decor changes kept selling fun. They have core pieces to work with as well. Sales goals were achievable. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Pros
Benefits, paid holidays
Cons
Retail schedule
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2018
Fun. You will meet lots of interior designers. You would love the merchandise you are selling and when you believe in the products you will love selling.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Z Gallerie. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Z Gallerie.

Powered by Comparably