Zachry Construction Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Solid company fair in their treatment of employees
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 16, 2018
Working at Zachry was a learning experience that has proven invaluable in my career. While they were a nose to the grindstone company they embodied safety in en devours a.
Great local owned company
Accounting Clerk III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2018
Zachry is a great place to work, the commute was too long for me. I would recommend this company as a great place to work. There is also a lot of room for advancements.
Pros
own cafeteria on site
Cons
too far to drive
Great place to work if you have the time for it.
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Quintana Beach, TXAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed the work, it was a wonderful experience and I would keep doing what I do if it weren’t for the hours. You have to get the parking lot early to ride a bus to the job site and then when you leave the job site at the end of the day to go back to the parking lot, it takes awhile to get out. It takes up a lot of my free time.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, friendly environment
Cons
Horrible hours, stressful
very organized and fun to work at
Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2018
people are very welcoming to the job not good pay but nice cultural differences wide variety of jobs you can do during the work day. Really need to pau the laborer's better
Pros
fun
Cons
bad pay
It was a good place to work
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 10, 2018
It talked of equal pay for women but was some what lacking and promoting women engineer outside of home office was not good.
Company provided training and also would help pay for classes not offered by the company. Safety was and still is a high priority.
All about getting the job done
Electrician/Journeyman/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXAugust 3, 2018
It all about knowing someone on the inside , and being a family member,the pay is good all depends and where you at and who you know that work in the company
Don’t work for this company
specialty welder (Former Employee) –  Port Everglades, FLAugust 1, 2018
Management is under skilled and over paid. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Overall just a horrible contractor to work for. If you love stress you’ll fit right in
Pros
Cons
Zachry
Great company
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 31, 2018
Great job sites. Growing company
Loving team
, safety is the biggest concern.
I love the job and the people you usually work around are good people and take care of one another.
Great benefits.
Good place to work.
Document Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 30, 2018
If you show up and work hard, you can be positioned with a better job and/or get a raise. There is a lot to learn for any position you have, but all is learnable and there is someone to teach it to you. Everyone there is willing to show you and to listen to you if you have a better way.
Productive and Hardworking
Welder Helper (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJuly 28, 2018
typical day at work consisted of hard working, ,learned how to survey land, management was fair not the best, the hardest part of the job was the cold temperatures endured outside even when it rained
Pros
multiple breaks, good pay
Cons
long hours, work on saturdays
Enjoyable and Fun
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 19, 2018
Normal work start from 7pm at night till the next day Morning 5:30am. Time management and team work is the most important thing I learned from my work. Hardest part was to work in a very less spacious area were I could barely move. The most enjoyable part of my work is to work in open spaces.
Pros
Stress-free Work.
Cons
Less number of breaks.
Enjoyed working for Zachry and will again.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2018
Excellent safety culture created by company. Advancement was limited by organizational levels. I was given opportunities to enhance my skills by working with a wide variety of materials and operating equipment.
Flexible work schedule on site, community service, big UW support
Field Adminstrative Representative (Former Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FLJuly 19, 2018
Although the job itself was a good one. Management was lacking in many areas. Tampa Electric was a great client to work for. Many Management changes in the (7) years I worked there and time and experience did not mean much. I had the opportunity to train several employees including my manager. The chance to severe as our Community Service Leader was the best part of the job. Worked closely with TECO and learned a lot from them. I headed up our United Way campaign for 5 years and every year we were awarded the GOLD Star Award 4 of those 5 years. Very rewarding.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Micro Managing Project managers
Construction
Foreman - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJuly 17, 2018
Zachry brought me to south Florida. I enjoyed working for Zachry for a few years until management changed towards the end of the project.Was given many promises of a call back to start the new project but never contacted. Also, when management changed on the last project, pay was cut almost in half, hours were cut, personnel were cut, per diem was cut.
Pros
Monthly Safety Bonus, Monthly Company Picnic
Cons
False Promises
very productive, enjoyed working for this company
Millwright Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Page, AZJuly 16, 2018
I learned more about saftey, learned from other craftsmen how they do their job. I'm always interested in learning. I'm interested in working with zachry in my future..
Pros
30 breaks was good...
Cons
no complaints
Good Entry level work
Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 16, 2018
We worked at a good pace and was a safe environment. We had morning meetings where our job cope would be talked upon. Worked with teams and we would alternate between ourselves.
Productive Company
Senior PC Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2018
Productive company and allows hard workers to excel but for technical workers they do not value subject matter experts appropriately. People are very respectful and professional nevertheless.
Last project was stressful
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 15, 2018
The work was interesting due to the nature of my activities: I reviewed alterations to construction details due to site conditions. The hardest part of the job was the isolated location of the project.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Weather
Good pace, workers appreciation day, flexible
Hepler to General Forman (Former Employee) –  Juliette, GAJuly 12, 2018
I enjoy working there, I am what you call a seasonal worker, pay is good atmosphere is good. Close to home, work is easy and explain in details, Safety is high priority. The company seem to show employees appreciation of services.
Pros
pay is good, atmosphere is good, close to home, work is easy
Cons
working outside
Fast-paced environment
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 11, 2018
The management of the entire site to craft specific is sub-par, however this was probably the hardest part of the job to deal with. Hours were great, pay was excellent and benefits were amazing. The most enjoyable part of the job was peace of mind in the company's involvement in safety, and making sure that everyone was/is safe.
Pros
Pro-safety, on-site lunches avaiable
Cons
Poor management on most levels