Zachry Construction Corporation Employee Reviews

my review abouut zachry it is all about safety and the people you work around .team work is the best there on doing a job so know one would get hurt.
Fire Watch, Helper 2 Maintenance Crew (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, IL 62863June 18, 2018
making sure the job is up to standards. I learned about how to do fire watch by using a monitor checking the oxygen level gas level carbon dioxide level. the management was good cause the checked on there employers to make sure it was safe to do the job performance. the hardest part was to get inside the boiler and change bars out weighing 420 pounds on your knees. the most enjoyable they had a picnic for all there employees and played games.
Pros
free dinners
Cons
short breaks when it is really hot gave us water to drink
Poor management
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2018
I’ve worked for some good management and I’ve worked for some bad management, but this company takes the cake and has very poor managers throughout the ranks. The owner is pretty much the only person that genuinely cares about his employees however everyone below him has issues.
Basically a Kiewit or an Archer Western company hiding behind a Zachry logo.
Loved having great co-workers
Carpenter Helper 1 (Former Employee) –  Juliette, GAJune 14, 2018
Enjoyed the diversity of people that worked at Zachry and always tried to learn something new each day whether it pertained to the craft or to the policies and procedures. Co-workers are like family since we spent the majority of our lives with them working some of the hours we worked. The hardest part of the job was feeling like only certain people got a chance to improve on their skills and advance while others were cast aside.
Pros
Descent money, diversity with cultures
Cons
Difficult to advance, favoritism
N/a
Payroll Clerk/Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLJune 13, 2018
Great company to work with. Job site I started working at was in FL. Met great peers and learned how the industrial industry works. With that knowledge I was able to succeed in the position I am in now.
Was a great company to work for.
Full Time Safety Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Domino, TXJune 12, 2018
Zachry was great company to work for and I experienced a lot of great things with the company. I would strongly recommend to anyone that it was great company to work for.
Fun environment
Boilermaker and pipefitter at Chevron Phillips (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 12, 2018
Working good hours just was a contractor wanted a career not just a job so I went to school to get degree and this company worked with your school hours and always understanding any issues
Pros
Very understanding
Cons
Good company
Need to be able to relocate to keep employment with Zachry
Project Manager / Estimator (Former Employee) –  BP Texas City RefineryJune 12, 2018
I do not want to travel and work out of town at this point in my life and it is required by Zachry employees. Site manager gave me free rein to perform my job to manage my people and secure hard dollar scopes of work.
Pros
Decent pay, reviewed yearly for rates and bomus
Cons
required to move out of town or state to continue employment
Zachry Was an OK Place to Work, If you don't care about job security
Engineer (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 10, 2018
Engineering at Zachry was great. There was some opportunity for advancement in the design industry, but was very limited if you wanted to get into management. Zachry told us that they were a family company and that they would make there best effort not to lay anyone off. But when things got a little slow, they cut their professional workforce severely, without giving the opportunity to try to help them in other areas of their business. There is no advantage of going to Zachry over any other major corporation, as their business plan is to be just like the Fluors and Black and Veatch's of the world. Benefits and pay are tailored to construction and management does not seem to understand engineers should be given better benefits, pay, and paid overtime if they have to work overtime.
Pros
Exciting design, wonderful (immediate) supervisors
Cons
Executives, being asked to move because of advancement, job security
it's a toss up
Accounting Clerk III (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2018
I've worked at worse places. I've worked at better. so, in the end, i guess it's a toss up. The owner of the company is amazing; down to earth and really cares about his employees. I wish management and those under him felt the same.
Company is disorganized at the lower levels due to improper management. Company has overall amazing personnel and job potential.
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 8, 2018
Although this company has management issues and devastatingly horrible communication ability between management and employees. Aside from the management issues with communication and improper management the company is a quality company.

Want to know more about Zachry Construction Corporation?

Ask a question
Has been good, but is closing our office.
Senior Design Engineer, Mechanical (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 7, 2018
The Amarillo office was an excellent office with excellent management. Zachry corporate has announced closure of the Amarillo office. I really cannot comment on the other offices.
good job
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2018
Build relationships with the right people and you will be ok ....Politics... Its all bout who you know...It goes a long way. The work is not that hard
Good Workplace
Plumbing Department Manager/Commissioning Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 6, 2018
Typical workday was good. They wanted additional education which is good. The workplace was good. The hardest part of the job was traveling and being away from home for weeks.
Be ready to work
Industrial Electrician Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY/Juliette, GA/Sweeney,TXJune 6, 2018
It’s a traveling company. Does major jobs all along the South and Southwest. Lots of hours and not a lot of down time. If you’re willing to work, they take care of you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No life outside of work
great place
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJune 5, 2018
Worked 10 hour days 7 days a week, great supervisor, worked in all types of weather, hard to to really get your full rest do to the long hours, met many great people. no more info
Not a bad company
Boilermaker Foreman (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJune 4, 2018
Zachry at BASF is a lower paying place of work compared to all the other sites. not a bad place to work, benefits are outrageous when it comes to healthcare. don't expect a lot of raises
Pros
All the over time you want
benefits
Worked as a team, enjoyed doing the work and good teamwork
Rodbuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2018
Great job with alot of opportunities and really good benefits. You get a chance to work as a team, to complete tasks and meet company's goals. ability to move up in the company with promotions.
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Cayuga, INMay 29, 2018
I enjoyed it everyday the crew I had was awesome I learned a bunch of new stuff at this job. It was a good environment to work in the superintendent was great.
Great Atmosphere
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 28, 2018
Chances to advance in the company are great. The people actually make the atmosphere great. No the leadership needs to be improved. If family oriented company is very great to work for and strives to keep and take care of the employees
Pros
The people(coworkers) make it the best
Cons
Poor leadership
Cosistant
ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMay 24, 2018
The safety culture at zachry is one to take home with you. There are plenty of incentives which is motivation to come to work and give input. There is room to grow as well as be promoted within the company.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Could use comp time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zachry Construction Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.