Zachry Group Employee Reviews

Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2018
I enjoyed working @ Zachry. I worked there for many years. got along very well with my co-workers. Performed my job duties as I was required. I hated leaving the job.
I loved working for Zachry
Janitorial and Instrumentation Fitter (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXOctober 7, 2018
I learned a lot at my time working for Zachry. Amazing management personality there. Great benefits for any level of worker. Very understanding company and easy to move up the ladder if you really work for it.
Construction
Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78221October 4, 2018
Good people fair pay fast pace lots of hours safety oriented team work is very great over time is plentiful and they always have projects that you stay busy.
Pros
Pay fair
Cons
Temporary
Professional workplace experience
Welder (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Depending on what job site you on you could feel as if your moving up in the ranks and learning very quickly and professionally and that your apart of something great and you have a family of workers as your brothers,sisters all around great company that I've had the upmost pleasure to work for
Pros
Nice pay, good people to work with, 40+ hrs weekly family Oriented
Cons
No sick days paid, 2 years to even recieve 1 week paid vacation, management is poorly choose for roles and duties, to many family and friends hiring in on one job site, Job Security
Excellent work place and would highly recommend Zachry to others.
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 27, 2018
Zachry Group is definitely one of the best companies to work for. I was very please with the salary and supervision for this project. Additionally, Zachry prepared me for all aspects of procurement.
Pros
The salary was excellent
Understanding and caring Supervisors
EPC Cost Rep. II (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXSeptember 25, 2018
I have worked for Zachry for about 11 years they are like my second family. The Supervisors that I have had have been very understanding and supporting.
safety allways
Millwright Foreman (Former Employee) –  Chocolate Bayou, TXSeptember 24, 2018
SAFTY FIRST, QUALITY AND PRODUCTION good place to work. good people to work with good benefits after one year of working, lots of overtime if you want .
productive
Electrical Foreman (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 10, 2018
stress production. have to work hard everyday. prove you belong. handle your business. be dependable, responsible and hard working. great hours and environment.
Previous work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 3, 2018
Pros: new environment, new program.
Cons: job culture, poor management depends on site to site, paid time off, per diem, hours paid, case management and so on
Pros
People
Cons
Not enough parking spots
poor management
Senior Recruiter/Field Employment Manger (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXSeptember 2, 2018
For the most part my time at zachry was good, but its not up to the recruiter of who to hire, its about who the person turning in names, it doesnt matter who applies, regardless if he or she is more qualified, its about who they know or who they are screwing. its just sad that so much goes on with out the president knowing, big cover up

Want to know more about Zachry Group?

Ask a question
na
Electrical Helper III (Former Employee) –  Old Ocean, TXAugust 30, 2018
There is something new to learn everyday. Safety is the main priority.You have to earn certification for every craft and skill you encounter. morning meetings are important to learn what job is the focus of the day.
Good company just don’t expect time off
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXAugust 29, 2018
There are a good company with lots of work and good pay for good hrs .
But for them the job comes first no matter what and they will let you go for missing 3 or more days of work in a year time period
Place to learn a lot from.
Cold Shoe Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Quintana, TXAugust 26, 2018
This place was completely out of my expectations, I learned a lot though. Zachry thought me how to relate my drafting skills in the fields of engineering.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Lunch time
Working with inexperience workers,very lack job
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 22, 2018
Management is okay depending who you work for,a lot of judgemental personal working for Zachry,working as a team like it suppose to is not the way personal works,and for advancing,is like
other managment will bring you down and say things to other managment to not let you advance to higher positions knowing your qualified for positions
you either want to train for or have the experience to do and express your thoughts and opinions to better production and or to provide better work ethics.Overall,working for Zackry is not that bad,very lacks job at times and more when needed to work as scheduled.
Either you 4-10's or 5-8's, whichever crew they put you on.
Pros
easy work at times
Cons
if told or offered advancement opportunities, well
Competitive and fast paced
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 18, 2018
Worked for them for about 3 years now, great company and pays well. Hard to get it at first, (is not what you know, but who you know) but once you in it’s easier to get back in. Like any other company it’s about upper management, they can be good or bad that sets your experience. Advancement? Mainly depends on upper management, you can have a great work ethic and your foreman acknowledges it but your superintendent can shoot you down. Still a good company to work for, especially if you follow a crew and work well together.
Pros
Pays well, a lot of work hours
Cons
Upper management can suck sometimes.
Awesome
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 12, 2018
Great place to work. Have worked with them before. Love my job as a pipefitter. Freeport Rx is where I like to work. It’s hard work but very productive
Good company to work for once your in stay in.
Pipefitter Helper/Reinforing Iron worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78221August 5, 2018
Typical day was clearing deadlines staying busy producing work for your boss and enjoying every min. of it. On slow days just stay busy cleaning and getting your work done. They pay is good also room for advancement with thier zcap program.
Pros
Good pay good hours awesome work culture
Cons
like any bad things they come with every job.
Fast paced and challenging
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 2, 2018
Hard work and long hours, but compensated well. Zachry honestly takes real concern with the well being of their employees. There's room to grow with the company.
learned a lot
Logistics Technician/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 1, 2018
summers are brutal because of the heat but the company takes care of you. Good place to learn and get experience in a craft. Be prepared to work overtime on short notice.
Zero planning and sub par management.
NCCER + Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 30, 2018
Hands down the worst management of a company I've ever seen, planning is non-existent! The office is overloaded with made up jobs, the secretaries have secretaries. The morale could not be lower.
Pros
Constant lay offs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zachry Group. Our community is ready to answer.