Zachry Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Gas and oil refinery
Electrician (Current Employee) –  7629 Ardmore oklahomaJuly 5, 2018
I've enjoyed working with this bunch of guys this is the largest group of 1st timers with Zachry in Oklahoma in Ardmore Valero gas plant .300+ people ,,,,,,,
workplace
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2018
everyday we got meetting, and mass meetting weekly, bring gifts for the employees, every 500 hundred thousands hours work safely the company bring lunch for everybody,,
Ok to work for
Laborer3 (Former Employee) –  Houston txJune 26, 2018
Work butoff for nothing got to be in the cliik putting it nicely to get advance ment in per diem I guess better than.starving too death .go Zachary your friend
Pros
Getting to work
Cons
Not working long enough to get bennifits
Overall a good work enviroment
Field Safety Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Sweeny TX.June 22, 2018
I have never been a fan of the "zero tolerance" policy when it comes to safety rules. There is breaking a rule and then there is willfully breaking a rule. As someone hired to ensure compliance with the rules I would have liked to have had more leeway in determining consequences. However as many of the safety personnel were new to the field I can understand why Zachry does things as they do. Overall a good company with many fine employees.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Fellow employees
Production
Maintenance Worker, Pipe Cutter, Overhead Crane (Current Employee) –  Moss Point, MSJune 19, 2018
When there’s work it’s ok, but when it’s slow they look for any little thing to get rid of u, there is a big lay off coming In the near future and want to have something established before then...
Excellent
Procurement Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2018
Excellent. Love the culture. Good environment. Company is growing and if you know the right people you might get promoted. Good company. Pay is average.
Cons
fast paced and well earned pay
Combination Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 1, 2018
Enjoyed the other employees and the environment within the Texas basin. Good place for tradesman to prosper and make a good living base don the pay and benefits. Also a great place for veterans to work, disabled workers can thrive and have a good career.
Pros
benefits, income, per diem, positions
Cons
management
was a good outfit
Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2018
Due to downward trending economics in the power sector, this engineering office is closing August 3, 2018. Other Zachry offices closing or downsizing.
Decent job
Helper (Current Employee) –  Edwardsport, INMay 24, 2018
Decent job and decent pay. Be prepared to work a lot of hours, as the overtime is pretty much every week. I have a good supervisor is is good to work with
It was a good place to get experience in a plant.
Instrument Tech helper (Current Employee) –  Sweeny, TXMay 23, 2018
Zachry was a good place to start off in the career I was pursing. I got good work experience in a process plant and I learned a lot of things about how the plant operated. I also learned about how instruments read flow, temperature and pressure.
Pros
Good work place and good management.
Cons
Doesn’t give good raises and doesn’t give a lot of vacation/sick leave.
Great
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  FortlauderdaleMay 17, 2018
It’s a great job and I’m very happy to have the opportunity to work with this company and I as a worker know plenty of times people have said that it was a great company and job
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
zachry review
Surveyor Technician (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 16, 2018
Zachry is very clickish, not based on performance or skill set and knowledge for advancements. If you know someone or are related to someone in upper management, they will promote you.
Pros
Plenty of supplies and tools
Cons
All management is related
this is only aparttime job.
Fuel Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TX 77536May 7, 2018
Dependable . close by home ,always safety first. .this job is only parttime work nine months out of year,the only good thing is lots of over time ,no benfits,at this time.
Pros
lots of work.
Cons
parttime only job
Fast paced, challenging, demanding, growing too fast
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2018
I believe Zachry is better than the average corporation, but with a lot of room to improve. As it has grown it has lost its emphasis on family and loyalty, and is less loyal to employees than it was under the founder and his son.
Should pay workers off when laid off.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield LaApril 11, 2018
I was not paid when laid off as a Reduction in Force. A 2 week Shutdown I got layoff on 8th day. I live 290 miles from jobsite. Laid off on a Monday and said payday is Thursday. Pick up check at jobsite or we'll mail it. So I'm in a weekly rate, time to pay motel. Have to go home without pay. How long will it take to get mail.
Pros
Money was fair.
Cons
Dont pay when lay offs happpen. Bad when you ain't received first payday .
pipefitter helper not a good position
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMarch 24, 2018
Not good if you have a worthless foreman or GF. Most of the time they don't care about you and safety like they preach. Won't advance like they preach. You will work hard with no reward. They need helpers and you will say a helper unless you have a good foreman or GF. Like they say... "You are going to stay what you came in as". I won't go in as a helper again. No per diem for helper kills you with Zachry. And night shift they give you a dollar more but 30 mins less a day than day shift. I worked with Zachry at 2 locations thinking I could maybe advance the 2nd time around. No luck with the chain of command, all my hard work and goals fell on deaf ears. DONT DO IT!!!
Pros
its a job
Cons
many cons
great place to work and learn
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2018
great place to work and learn, they teach you how to read prints and are very patient with new hires.
great working environment and they provide for there employes too
Pros
good money
Awesome
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Very great company to work for would consider it to anyone who is a hard worker and willing to work the hours. The company really takes care of their employees.
pay and hours
rod room attendant (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TX 77541February 22, 2018
pay and per deim very low for area. Hard to get hired can only apply on line, Paychecks not correct, management was poor. Job was good but management did not handle issues correctly.
Great place
Crane operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Good environment, good people, great safety standards, good housekeeping, management well trained, very professional company and with good leadership.
Pros
Vacation pay
Cons
Good insurance