Zachry Group Employee Reviews

Make a better choice and work for a better company
IT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2019
The people who work for Zachry are great. Poor pay, poor management, upper management has no clue how to direct in a way that benefits the workers below them, and continually increasing workload with no compensation can be expected from Zachry. I have witnessed managers fly in, take an employee out to lunch, fire them, then get back on the plane the same day. Like any business this company can be cutthroat. As mentioned the only plus side are the employees who make the best of an ever changing citation and yet have the personality of one you would like to be friends with.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Advancement is for relatives in the workplace
Electrician (4th year) Apprenticeship (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Mostly everyone at the LNG Freeport jobsite is related. So advancement opportunities are giving to their relatives working under them or for other foreman’s.
The term “family values “ is taken literally and reserved for those relatives.
90.% of the workforce is from out of town. Not enough locals hired onto this site because of all the family members that were hired on instead.
Pros
Lots of hours/overtime
Cons
Low pay for helpers and extremely hard to advance
Very good people around you
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Great growing opportunity, great bosses, great coworkers always helping each other!
Pros
Great health insurance and affordable prices
Corporation type of work
welder (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Great company but poor management with high standards without the consideration of their craft workers. Dirty work areas(due to poor culture) and hiring process most often requires a friendship to successfully landing an opportunity regardless of experience.
Zachry does many industrial jobs in the energy sector as a contractor, if you have a high skill level in your career it is a good company to work for.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Traveling is key
a typical day at work
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Zachry is a company that operates on safety and is a good company to work for. They are invested heavily in creating an extraordinary craft, professional and support workforce. They continue to invest in their training and development, to keep their skillset on the leading edge, and equip them to fulfill their potential as individuals and members of a team. Every assignment contains unique challenges. The self-perform execution model and long-tenured teams enable them to recognize and respond to the challenges and they deliver outstanding execution safely under any condition.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
n/a
excellent company
equipment operator helper (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLDecember 31, 2018
excellent supervisors, as long as you do your job they leave you alone and reward for a job well done. only downside is if you don't want to travel the jobs are temporary.
good working for them
Journeyman equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 21, 2018
They treat like a family, and they care for you, not like other company,s They off good benefits at this company there very safety orientated always looking out for your safety
Pros
There a family minded Company
Good place to active your 401k
Helper Electrician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 5, 2018
Good place t work but if you’re not friend of the general foreman you are no one you can be one of te best but if the foreman don’t like you you’re out
Pros
Good insurances and 401k
Cons
No raises until hey want to, short breaks, you can be working on rain and tunders, they hire a lot of people and sometimes there’s no space in the lunch tents
Send it
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKDecember 3, 2018
my crew was the best crew ive ever worked with. My direct supervisor was awesome as well. Other than that it kept food on the table. Not like Zachry jobs ive worked in the past but still a good company, and I look forward to getting on future jobs for this supervisor. My crew and supervisor made coming to work everyday a pleasure. SEND IT!!!!
Professional Work place
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LA 70737November 27, 2018
Nice atmosphere to work in. Nice people to work for and I enjoyed working out of time. The work was not hard and i was not worn out when i got off. I would love to work for Zachry again,
Pros
good hours
Cons
not enough pay
Hambiente laboral seguro, limpio.
Instrument fitter (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 12, 2018
Seguridad exelente HR excelente., excelentes proyect mang.
Unrewarding work
Employment Representative (Former Employee) –  Mt. Carmel, ILOctober 28, 2018
The nature of the work in the Employment Group is very unrewarding. If a person is OK with leaving work everyday feeling that nothing meaningful was accomplished, maybe they would have no issue with this job.
Pros
Pretty good pay and benefits for area
Cons
Understaffed, Unrealistic expectations
Managment issues
General Foreman,Site manager Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Quintana Beach, TXOctober 25, 2018
Zachry has poor upper management, Poor choices have been made by Zachry when placing the right people in the right places.As a company it has made major hiring mistakes on skill level, quality of people and product. Zachry’s field management do not practice Zachry’s core values and it reflex’s on them poorly, upper management seems to not care much about that fact so it appears Zachry is heading down some slippery slopes. I would not invest in them nor would I work for them
Pros
Pay’s 7 days per diem
Cons
management
Alright place. Everyone's experience is different.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 18, 2018
Your experience will be determined by many factors. Zachry had treated me good but I have seen others that I work with not get treated so fairly. Can be political and promote based off of friendships instead of ability.
Great place to work.
Sr. Construction Engineering Rep. (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2018
Started with Zachry as an equipment operator and was able to learn several crafts while advancing through the ranks. It is a fast paced work environment that values Safety and Quality above all.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2018
I enjoyed working @ Zachry. I worked there for many years. got along very well with my co-workers. Performed my job duties as I was required. I hated leaving the job.
I loved working for Zachry
Janitorial and Instrumentation Fitter (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXOctober 7, 2018
I learned a lot at my time working for Zachry. Amazing management personality there. Great benefits for any level of worker. Very understanding company and easy to move up the ladder if you really work for it.
Construction
Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78221October 4, 2018
Good people fair pay fast pace lots of hours safety oriented team work is very great over time is plentiful and they always have projects that you stay busy.
Pros
Pay fair
Cons
Temporary
Professional workplace experience
Welder (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Depending on what job site you on you could feel as if your moving up in the ranks and learning very quickly and professionally and that your apart of something great and you have a family of workers as your brothers,sisters all around great company that I've had the upmost pleasure to work for
Pros
Nice pay, good people to work with, 40+ hrs weekly family Oriented
Cons
No sick days paid, 2 years to even recieve 1 week paid vacation, management is poorly choose for roles and duties, to many family and friends hiring in on one job site, Job Security
Excellent work place and would highly recommend Zachry to others.
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 27, 2018
Zachry Group is definitely one of the best companies to work for. I was very please with the salary and supervision for this project. Additionally, Zachry prepared me for all aspects of procurement.
Pros
The salary was excellent
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zachry Group. Our community is ready to answer.