Zale Corporation Employee Reviews

Just a decent job
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 22, 2018
Hard work doesn't really matter as long as you become friendly with the managers. That's really the key to advancement. They also consider sales goals when it comes to promotions or raises, but making your goals does not mean you will work an adequate amount of hours. Part timers will sometimes get as low as 8 hours a week. Also the commission rate is very low, UNLESS you sell a ridiculous, almost unachievable amount or the store makes team bonus. All benefits are only for full timers. Which means no insurance or PTO, or really anything for part timers. Managers don't do much but hold "meetings" on the phones and travel every couple of weeks for business trips, while they collect multiple bonuses for everyone elses hard work.
This company has messed up priorities
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 22, 2018
They Push for sales which is fine if you could actually spend the time on the floor to get them, instead they constantly want you on the phone telemarketing. Also, they do not recognize the time off the sales floor that goes into checking in new merchandise, checking in and sending out repairs. They seem to promote cheaters and lairs because they steal commissions in order to achieve their weekly and monthly sales goals!
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
company values and work structure sucks
Corporate is awful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Altoona, IAJune 21, 2018
This company does not care about its workers at all. I've seen a fly care more about s**t than the higher ups in this company care about their workers
Fun Learning Enviornment
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJune 19, 2018
Zales the Diamond store is constant learning experience about metals, stones, gems, and overall jewelry. It is an entertaining environment to work in!
Pros
Employee discount, good breaks
Cons
Corprate isnt great, Commision is too low.
It was nice to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2018
I enjoy working with Zales ...They was very nice and the customers was very friendly.....The only thing is the paid was not that good but it wasn't stressful at all....
Fast pace and high energy workplace.
Repair Specialist/Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJune 16, 2018
Working at Zale's you come into contact with people of many backgrounds. You are always on the move, even in down town there are things to be done. You have to be able to meet people where they are and meet their needs.
Pros
Relationships that are made
Cons
short breaks
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJune 15, 2018
It's been too long for me to write a proper review. Enjoyed working there when i was in college. They worked around my school schedule. That's it really.
It was good while it lasted
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 12, 2018
I had the privilege of working under some awesome management, but I've heard the horror stories from other stores. It's a pretty typical retail position, so expect to be on your feet a lot. The goals aren't so high that they're unattainable, and it's fun to sell jewelry. All in all, it was a pleasant work experience, but it wasn't the most satisfying job.
Pros
Great teams, beautiful pieces
Cons
Not as flexible as private jewelers
Jewelry Sales
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TXJune 3, 2018
Manager training was poor at best
Majority of co-workers unwilling to answer questions
If your only job is retail, this is the place for you!

The customers were always friendly and pleasant
Pros
Customer Interactions
Cons
Co-workers unwilling to answer a question
Great Company Poor Management
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 3, 2018
Manager was terrible, but the job was great. Typical day was laid back and the customers were wonderful. My manager had a terrible attitude and was incredibly judgmental with regard to people's personal lives.
Not good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2018
Working here the management was not good they did not work with you and would not give you the training that an employee needs. The rest of the staff was great the management was not good at all. Played favorites with staff, only accommodated when the felt it was needed.
Pros
discount on jewelry
Cons
working there in general
Typical day at work: Be a pushy sales person.
Jewelry Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 27, 2018
All about CREDIT:
They train you to ask for people to sign up for credit card cards, and you must ask 3 times! Personally, I hate that policy because I hate pushy sales people & hate debt!
People on the sales floor are always listening making sure you do ask 3 times & if they hear you're losing the customer, they may try to steal your sale & "help" you with the customer. Then you split commission if you sell something, or if the 2 sales people helped the customer sign up for a credit card, both of you take credit but no reward, more like an unofficial recognition. They kept a list of which sales people had gotten customers to sign up for credit each month. Sick!

When it's slow, you must appear busy by cleaning glass display cases, clean the entire building.

Both mornings & evenings, you must count EVERY piece of jewelry in EACH display case & then match it with the inventory list, make sure no one has stolen anything or if there's extra verify if it's a returned item, etc

Two employees are required to be in the building at ALL times, to avoid temptation, sadly this sucks when you're understaffed and makes taking lunch difficult.

A lot of the time you're going to clean jewelry for incoming "customers", some haven't actually purchased their jewelry there but know from word of mouth that they can get a free jewelry cleaning session. The manager & other sales people will push to try to sign them up for credit and buy anything from the store.
Pros
Discount on some products.
Cons
Sometimes required to take a short lunch break. They want you to be a pushy annoying sales person.
Enjoyable work
Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 27, 2018
It is enjoyable to assist customers purchasing a valued product during their happiest times.
The atmosphere is competitive between sales associates. However, collaboration is achieved with sharing of sales.
The goals are high yet achievable.
The greatest challenge is with balancing work and life. Scheduling to work 6 or more days in a row with most shifts scheduled to close caused undue stress.
Productive and fun work place
District Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2018
Very competive. Strong leadership and growth opportunities.Great training and development for all associates at the company campus and stores. Amazing incentives and awards for managers and associates.
Pros
Great training and advance opt. Free trips all over the U.S.A and the world
Awesome Retail Sales Environment
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 23, 2018
 Selling High end and quality Jewelry by identifying new sales opportunities, continually building a clientele base, making appointments, prompt follow up and follow through and continuing product knowledge.
Pros
Sales Benefits/ commission
Cons
poor Management
Limited time with company
PMO Analyst / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2018
I was a contractor performing a set of TASKS for the deployment of selected environments.
Once completed the contractors where let go. This in my mind was a loss to the company and possibly a sour taste in the mouths of those contractors.
Not properly trained, revised schedules and not informed about it... Not enough hours
Zales (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 15, 2018
It would have been a good job if I had been trained properly. Bad management. Not enough hours. Worked through the holiday season without being fully trained. When working if a large sale is to be rung up the veteran sale girls would take over the sale. Poor management and bad scheduling.
Pros
Good employee discounts
Cons
Not. Enough training
I Loved It!
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILMay 13, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Zales. I loved my co-workers, my manager was..meh. It was an extremely relaxed environment. Even though it's a professional environment, it was enjoyable! I rarely ever dreaded going to work. The only real downside was when my location got shut down, they only sent my manager to a new location. My co-workers and I had to go find other jobs, If this location hadn't been shut down I absolutely would still be working there.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Fun place to work, but little pay
JEWELRY CONSULTANT/ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 13, 2018
It can be a fun atmosphere to work in but the hourly pay and commission scale they use make it hard to really make good money. I use to make great money when I worked there prior to those changes but still not a bad place to work.
Amazing Staff
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 11, 2018
I loved every second i worked that and wish the times lasted longer. Amazing people with even amazing accomplished lives. I was very fortune so work there and learned so much about the world of jewelry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zale Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.