Zale Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun work place
District Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2018
Very competive. Strong leadership and growth opportunities.Great training and development for all associates at the company campus and stores. Amazing incentives and awards for managers and associates.
Pros
Great training and advance opt. Free trips all over the U.S.A and the world
Awesome Retail Sales Environment
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 23, 2018
 Selling High end and quality Jewelry by identifying new sales opportunities, continually building a clientele base, making appointments, prompt follow up and follow through and continuing product knowledge.
Pros
Sales Benefits/ commission
Cons
poor Management
Limited time with company
PMO Analyst / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2018
I was a contractor performing a set of TASKS for the deployment of selected environments.
Once completed the contractors where let go. This in my mind was a loss to the company and possibly a sour taste in the mouths of those contractors.
Not properly trained, revised schedules and not informed about it... Not enough hours
Zales (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 15, 2018
It would have been a good job if I had been trained properly. Bad management. Not enough hours. Worked through the holiday season without being fully trained. When working if a large sale is to be rung up the veteran sale girls would take over the sale. Poor management and bad scheduling.
Pros
Good employee discounts
Cons
Not. Enough training
I Loved It!
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILMay 13, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Zales. I loved my co-workers, my manager was..meh. It was an extremely relaxed environment. Even though it's a professional environment, it was enjoyable! I rarely ever dreaded going to work. The only real downside was when my location got shut down, they only sent my manager to a new location. My co-workers and I had to go find other jobs, If this location hadn't been shut down I absolutely would still be working there.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Fun place to work, but little pay
JEWELRY CONSULTANT/ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 13, 2018
It can be a fun atmosphere to work in but the hourly pay and commission scale they use make it hard to really make good money. I use to make great money when I worked there prior to those changes but still not a bad place to work.
Amazing Staff
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 11, 2018
I loved every second i worked that and wish the times lasted longer. Amazing people with even amazing accomplished lives. I was very fortune so work there and learned so much about the world of jewelry
Love this company!
Sr. Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 9, 2018
My career with Zale Corporation was a dream. I started as a coordinator and retired as a Senior Director with a 6 figure salary. This was in the corporate office, not in stores, I was allowed to freely pursue goals and objectives - you prove yourself through performance and learning to be a great communicator. What an awesome business to be in - Jewelry!
Pros
Freedon to pursue, excell in your area of expertise.
Cons
High stress, fast moving pace. Be ready to spring into action every day.
Loved my sales family, great environment, fun and professional, awesome commission, outstanding manager and training
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYMay 8, 2018
Perfect. The location I worked at was an amazing group of sales associates and management. I would have never left if I hadn’t moved. Loved my entire Zales career.
Pros
Fair treatment, extensive training and coaching, outstanding customer service
Cons
Advancement was difficult
Wish I was Kept
Cashier/Admin (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 8, 2018
I started out as a seasonal employee but was not kept for some reason. I enjoyed working there and would have stayed in a heartbeat. I learned a lot and would love to work there again. The hardest part of the job was that the manager was not very informative about what I was to do that day, so I was very confused about what my place was. Loved the job, but not so much some of the employees.
Pros
Was that I had a job
Cons
Confusing environment
Working for Zale was an Unfortunate Career Decision
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 4, 2018
Although I knew Zale was going through a organizational transition, the Executive in Ohio indicated that the company would continue to have a department presence in Irving, TX, for at least 5 years. Approximately 1 year after being hired, the department in Irving was closed down and the function transferred to Ohio. The Irving employees were not given an opportunity to relocate to Ohio. Management was not truthful during the interview process, which resulted in my being unemployed. Shameful!
Business oriented
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 2, 2018
Sales, Credit and Repair Goals must be met each month.
Busy around holidays and bridal seasons.
Great manager to work under.
Learning how to work within the system and building team.
Benefits
Cons
No gray areas
Great Place to work
Jewelry Consultant/ Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 1, 2018
I love my boss, my employees, and job as Zales. Unfortunately, my location is now closing, I had no intentions to leave any time soon. If you get a chance to work for this amazing company, TAKE IT!
no work life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NJApril 30, 2018
Not an ideal place to work if you have children. Though the hours are flexible you have almost no personal or family time due to the amount of hours/days you are required to be there. Managers work mandatory 48 hours a week min and 6 days a week every other week. Two days off a week rarely happen and if it is an event weekend you are required to work 3 to 4 doubles within a 5 day period with only one day off.
Great Company
Assistant Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 28, 2018
Great place to work, provide advancement opportunities and on the job training. Management and leadership support available to those that are looking for a career path.
Fun place to work at
SALES CONSULTAN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 23, 2018
Is a good environment and you have the opportunity to grow and learn a lot, plus you can get certification as diamond specialist for example, the only negative thing is the low commissions.
Pros
room to learn and grow
Cons
low comissions
It is a nice job but good luck paying your bills
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILApril 23, 2018
I love working here but with only a quarter of a percent commission it is almost impossible to make any money. There is also a corporate rule that full timers can be given as little as 30 hours a week. Management has no say in how much you get paid it all goes through a computer program, and there is only the chance for a raise at the end of every fiscal year. You only get that raise if you sell over a quarter of a million in product. I am having to leave this job that I love because I can not afford my bills let alone the clothes and various items required to look the part for the job. I also am currently uninsured because the health insurance for just one person was taking over half my monthly salary.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Short breaks, expensive health care and low wages
good place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 22, 2018
good place but little opportunity for advancement
Discounts on the jewelry
good employees to work with
manager was fair during the scheduling process.
I enjoy working at Zales, they compensate you for relocating and give you great benefits.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 19, 2018
I like working for Zales, but there are not set schedules, it is hard to plan stuff around a schedule that could possibly change at any moment. I relocated for this position, and they compensated me for my move.
Benefits
Cons
There are not set schedules
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 16, 2018
Management on all levels were easily accessible and responsive. Great culture to work in with highly competitive wages and compensation. There is ample opportunity for growth.