Zale Corporation Employee Reviews

Interesting to learn about gems.
Jewelry Consultant/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMarch 23, 2019
Management had little control over employees. Felt like I had to babysit and I was the new person. Get mixed signals work alone but work as a team. Felt untrained.
Cons
Non management employee dictated schedule. Immature atmosphere
Very Boring and repetitive
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 16, 2019
Very hard to make a living. The job was very inconsistent since you are on commission. They don’t advertise enough to bring in customers vs competitors. Store manager was a joke. She used to be at the mall management office all the time with her boyfriend the mall manager.
Pros
The discount and working with great people.
Cons
Very boring, horrible schedule and low quality jewelry.
fast pace
Assistant Supervisor/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DE 19801March 7, 2019
One of my favorite jobs. Management was great and was very involved and active. I loved working there and selling jewelry to various couples. the interaction was priceless.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 6, 2019
There is not a good work balance. Always short staffed and having to work long hours. Management expects you to achieve goals but does not give you the tools necessary to do them.
Credit driven business
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 6, 2019
Slow run rate. The previous teams had alienated the customer base and repeat footsteps were low. Managers compete against sales associates for sales.
not for everybody
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2019
you only receive 1% commission there is a lot of back work like stock maintaining showcases vacuuming did not hate it just it provided no rea incentive
Pros
flex hours
Cons
low commission
Sales as a growth opportunity
Bridal Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 25, 2019
Sales has come a long way but needs to continue to maximize client base through social media. Training should be continuous in order to help new hires become successful.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Jewelry Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2019
The most enjoyable part of working for this company was the knowledge that I gained while I was there.It was my first time working expensive jewelry and they gave me a chance to prove myself. For that I will always be grateful to Zales.
Na
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 5, 2019
I had a good time working here. Enjoyed the people I worked with high learned new things and I'm happy with my experience. Will enjoy this again as a part time if need be
competitive
Key Holder, Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJanuary 31, 2019
management favored those who brought in more sales, even if it meant lying to the customer and being sneaky. the hours were long and had to work each weekend day
not goo
Sales Manager and Store Operator (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 29, 2019
The district manager was an unfair strange person. She didn't know what she was doing or how to lead people. She was very fake and lazy. She did not support me or my team
Cut Throat
Zales Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 23, 2019
The location I worked at no longer exists. It was run poorly. The manager was not involved with anything going on with the business. The mall chose not to sign their lease again
Pros
Opportunities to train, flexible hours
Cons
No breaks, poor managment
Competitive environment with flexible hours
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 21, 2019
It is interesting to know about how the jewelry business works and to learn about how credit and leasing programs work as well. I learned many problem solving techniques using only the older systems available to the jewelry consultants.
Expectations
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 19, 2019
With this job you need to know how to sell people. There are monthly goals to assimilate to, which could get you terminated after a certain period of time. The management team I had, which I know is now different, was awful. I had a pregnant boss who was "pregnant" before she went on leave. Her boss was a different kind of nightmare. She was cutthroat with no apologies. I probably could have sustained a decent position if it weren't for those two ladies.
Pros
The starting pay is nice especially with commission. Also, the benefit package and discount were nice.
Cons
If you have a family and need specific hours, this job isn't for you. Being in a mall relinquishes that Monday- Friday gig.
Sales associate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 13, 2019
Duties included sales, providing information about different
jewelry products, customer satisfaction surveys, inventory control, switchboard operation, and sales paperwork
great!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 9, 2019
. Through my trajectory with Zales and Signet I was able to coach and develop different teams with very diverse personalities. I was able to maximize their potential as Jewelry consultants and in turn was able to bring a healthy amount of revenue increase for the company. I am also DCA certified and am a certified career development advocate. Through my great customer service and my great connections and understanding of the business I was able to create an amazing culture and great teams as well as leadership.
okay
Very sales driven (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYJanuary 8, 2019
Do not want to review this company at this time. I was not pleased with how I was lead on about a promotion and my co-workers were not professional in their hygiene or attire.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Low pay
workplace
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CA 94520December 30, 2018
Every work must staying communicating so each customer is being taking care of. Management gives the worker a clear way of understanding jewelry and responsibilities.
cant trust management
Special Orders Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 29, 2018
they will smile in your face and talk behind your back . its hard going into a job giving your all and the management don't care about the things they should
never again
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 21, 2018
I hated this job as much as I thought I would like it but I never left with bad intentions of course I was well respected and even left the manager a note.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zale Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.