Zales - The Diamond Store Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I learned about diamonds, gems, it was a good experience
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Howell, MIJuly 18, 2018
I am glad i had the experience. can be a very long day if slow. the most enjoyable part was meeting people from all over the world, travelers from everywhere. Can be a very boring job,, besides the store manager you rarely ever meet anyone else.
Pros
good manager
Cons
no work life balance sometimes
Great Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 18, 2018
At Zales Jewelers is a great place to learn how the Diamonds get create and how beautiful they are. Zales I learn the beautiful jewelry is. Also what I like saling Jewelry it was I was making people happy buying they jewelry.
It’s ok good
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 10, 2018
Love working with this company, everything change when management send people just to work for the money not and really dont care about the company but themselve
Enthusiastic
Sales Associate - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2018
A great place of work. Amazing atmosphere. Learning about diamonds, sapphires and so many other precious gems. Learning how to up-sell and create a friendly atmosphere.
Generally Boring
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 2, 2018
Extremely boring and slow work environment,
Never a place to move up.
Sales numbers were never able to meet commission tier.
Difficult to understand pay structure.
Always changing for the worse.
Very Quiet and calm work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJune 25, 2018
Working for Zales was very interesting and you learned something new everyday from your customers and staff. I learned about birth stones and diamond preferences among different people.
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 24, 2018
I loved the work and the job itself. The amount of in house fighting and the cut throatness of some of my fellow co-workers are the only complaints I ever had with the job
Pros
Steady base pay plus commissions and bonues
Cons
Stealing of sales
Great management
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 21, 2018
I absolutely loved my manager and people I worked with! I left only to try and get a job to financially take care of my family more! They are very thoughtful of you when you need to take time off work as well!!
Decent in a Bigger City
Jewelry Consultant/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 13, 2018
Working in Missoula was slow. There was not a lot of foot traffic at the mall where we were located (to the point that that particular store is now closed) so it was VERY difficult to make our metrics. We could go whole days with no customers at all. However, once the store came under new management and the employee turnover leveled out, the environment was very pleasant to work in. The manager was fantastic and understanding. He really knew what he was doing. There was a lot to learn in training and after a year you were eligible to take the DCA training--which was fascinating. I feel it would be a lot more fast-paced and fulfilling in a larger city that has more customers than the middle of Montana.
Pros
Employee satisfaction, decent benefits, decent hours
Cons
Changing schedule, low traffic so slow hours
overall it was fun, i enjoyed it there
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2018
Everyday was a challenge because a typical day was making phone calls to customers and to the corporate offices, had to meet quotas for the day as far as sales go. Made a new friend everyday to become Customers of the Company. Learning new things everyday through training online helped a lot in different situations especially with Customers.
Pros
store meetings was the best because they provided food for free
Cons
short breaks & late shifters
Zales jewelers
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMay 11, 2018
You are never paid what your worth. That place continuously gets new people . This is not a place for advancement. Not what I thought it was going to be when I first started.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Poor wages, mall hours, management .
Fort Wayne
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 11, 2018
The Fort Wayne location had no manager for almost 6 months! We just got her and she’ll be with us for a week, then leaving on vacation. Already ?? In my interview I was lied too and told completely different things like I was going to be payed $10 and that I was Full time. They had me in the system as part time so I couldn’t receive any benefits and my pay was almost minimum wage! Also, there are only 3 employees and one of them they bribed $15.50 to come back and work for them! We all are working 50 hours and up every week, they have us working open to close for days. That’s 11.5 hours 9:30am-9:30pm daily. It’s a very very poor company. They lie and play you. Never been at a place that is so unprofessional. Never will recommend. In the past 2 months, four other employees quit because of pay and no management. I’m ashamed of myself for trusting them.
Great
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMay 1, 2018
I feel that Zales is a great company to work for , I just feel they should take question the moral integrity of the Managers they hire. Overall I love how they run their business
Have to know the computer and know how to multi-task
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLApril 20, 2018
Being in Sales it can get competitive but as long as you respect your conworkers and work as a team it should be okay. Knowing the computer is very helpful. Also being outgoing and being able to work with people is a must .
Benefits
Cons
No vacation paid as part time
Educational
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  WyomingApril 12, 2018
Zales is a great corporation with room for advancement and great learning opportunities. Great team atmosphere with room to grow and set goals for yourself
A productive environment to work in.
Jewelry Consultant/ key holder (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 21, 2018
Change policies and procedures too often. Too much change too often. Very confusing . Too much drama everyday. Love the people though. The company doesn't care about anything but money and not their employees.
Pros
Workplace
Cons
Too many chiefs
Competetive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 8, 2018
Work was always stressful and competitive. Sales associates were always aggressive with sales. If you don;t make your sales quota you were made to feel pointless to the company.
Liked my Job
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMarch 1, 2018
It was very interesting learning the jewelry trade and picking up tools for a career. I left only to manage a store and take a raise. I would work there again in a minute.
Pros
Commision, interesting
Cons
Pay not the best, selling more high end items
Productive and fun place to work
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 22, 2018
You learn so much from here, sales in the main point at this job. You also do cashier, doing credit cards. You learn the meaning of achieving a goal every month. Very fun place to work. My team was the best you learn so much from them.
good place to build a stepping stone
Third Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAFebruary 22, 2018
good place to build a stepping stone. a typical day at work could be fun and fast pace. you build connections with costumers and your coworkers. i enjoy helping customers with their needs.