Zales - The Diamond Store Employee Reviews

So stressful
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 22, 2019
It is very slow and dead in store. Only holiday seasons are busy. But you would always be busy trying to solve repair problems. Commission is very low. It’s almost nothing. They will have you to work for full time hours or even overtime only when they are short staffed. Once they get enough employees, they will cut your hours. Very rude and unfair management. I definitely don’t recommend to work there.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay and management
Zales
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 22, 2019
Zales is a great place to work, they have many things to offer their employees. It has a healthy competitive sales atmosphere and it seems everyone likes to work together.
Great Manager and co-workers, has a very family feel yet professional
Sales Specialist. DCA Certified (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 16, 2019
Working at Zales is wonderful. The Manager and Co-workers at Corbin Park are the best people to work with. Everyone is fair and very helpful to one another Great Location if your not looking for a very busy store and to make top dollar although creating a client following and repeat clients list it is pretty easy but you'll need to follow the protocol of getting names, phone number and address of all clients you work with and follow up for events, new items and approaching sales. Store is really slow but money can be made.
Pros
Great manager, flexibility, opportunity to make a good money if in the right store.
Cons
low pay, very low raises, rotation of merchandise
Demanding and uncomfortable.
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMarch 3, 2019
Terrible Manager!Very rude and condescending to his staff and small purchasing customers .No structured training.A lot of pressure from my manager to hustle customers to take credit.This requires a hard credit check but we must not disclose that fact to the customer.
Manager was only concerned about big number sales and not about customer satisfaction above all.
Sales tactics were too aggressive and I felt very uncomfortable with policies and the low standard of customer satisfaction and service.
Zales In Glenwood Springs Colorado ,I would never recommend to anyone as a good place to work.
Worst manager I have ever encountered.
Pros
Learning about Diamonds, other precious gems /stones and fine jewelry.
Cons
Terrible Store Manager.No incentives.Very uncomfortable, degrading and demotivating environement.
Run
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2019
The pay it’s awful they expect you to sell a lot and the commission it’s next to NOTHING. A lot of training but when you do big sales no even 10$ for you in commission, if you’re looking to work basically for free this is your best option.
Cons
Who you know not what you know
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bonita, CAFebruary 15, 2019
Just another backwards company where there is no room to progress, the managers get paid too well for all of the consultants hard work . Current managers will stay in their position until the day they die . Employees are taken advantage of . There is no room for movement unless you sleep with the boss . That’s how our dm was hired.
Okay College job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAFebruary 5, 2019
Took the job to make money while in college, the hours were good, but the pay felt low. Would be better working at another store. Overall I was happy to leave the company.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Bad commissions
Loved Zales
Jeweler (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYFebruary 1, 2019
Wish there was one where I moved I loved working with the crew we had a blast and sales were amazing such a great team. I truly miss Zales. It is a job I will never forget
Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 26, 2018
Great people to work with. The culture was to live by. The upper management team really cared about you and your families. I would highly recommend this place.
Not a good place to work
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 10, 2018
I have worked at two difference Zale's locations. The second wasn't as bad as the first but both were pretty bad. I was constantly having sales taken by other people and management would "look into it".
They never did. I was always bullied and belittled by 2 certain co workers. Each at a different location. I was called stupid in front of customers. The manger at the second store was pretty great but she couldn't do much without corporate cracking down. You are paid just above minimum wage and commission was terrible When you did make a sale, one of the gals who was there longer either stole the sale or inserted themselves into it so you had to split it.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Terrible management over all, catty co workers, sales being stolen
Fun work place but its also a Cut throat
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 2, 2018
i loved working there at first than as time went by i seen that it wasnt for me the people i worked with were cut throats and we never worked as a team like we were supposed to
Disgusting
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 28, 2018
Awful, awful work environment. Absolutely turned me off to anything and everything about retail and jewelry. I will not give anymore info than this, because it was genuinely a traumatic experience. Avoid at all cost.
Cons
Productive , achievement job that need a lot of group work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 19, 2018
This work required a lot of costumer service . Everyday, all day people are walking and calling the store for questions. You have to learn to be patient and never let a costumer walk out of the store unsatisfied. Working at Zales requires a lot of group work which Is the hardest part because we all have different ways of working but we all managed to do our best. The best part helping people with whatever they need.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Not career related
Notgreat
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 2, 2018
I wish it was a more team environment and not so cut throat , and I would have liked to have seen some sort of benefit for part timers especially if they are hired as part tine but still work full time hours
Greatest job I've ever had.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYSeptember 12, 2018
The work environment is competitive yet helpful and positive. There is always somebody to help you and you work as an individual and a team. The management is very organized, upbeat, friendly, and the pay is fantastic as well as the opportunity for growth. Highly recommend.
A harmonious working environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXSeptember 6, 2018
The store I worked in had several management changes over the years. I liked the work family/coworkers. Most jewelry stores have busy and slow seasons which means the part time hours are cut. I need a more steady work schedule.
Positive exciting and busy
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 5, 2018
This Job will and should be my best work experience. I would love to prove Im the Ideal asset member that has what it takes to keep the buisness and get the Job done. I've done enough researching the company
Pros
Learning the training
Cons
Short breaks
Relaxed atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJAugust 21, 2018
This was a second part time employer only. I enjoyed learning about gemstones and fine jewelry. It worked for the amount of time I needed it to but once my son began playing sports, I couldn't keep up the schedule of 2 jobs. Sometimes I miss it!
Pros
schedule
Cons
long days
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln City, ORAugust 5, 2018
A typical day consisted of conversing with co-workers on mock scenarios while waiting for customers. Our manager was great,always on to of the job. sadly, the company closed and relocated our store.
Pros
Enjoyable work enviroment
Cons
Busy holidays
the people i worked with were a lot of fun and i loved my manager.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 25, 2018
My overall review on zales is it was fun working there but our mall is not very busy so we didnt have that many customers on the weekdays. Sometimes on the weekends there were a few but it just depends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zales - The Diamond Store. Our community is ready to answer.

Zales - The Diamond Store Reviews by Location