Zankou Chicken Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
3.6Job Security & Advancement
fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 19, 2018
I enjoy working for the company because the co workers are all great people, but the management there is poor, and my store manager is not the best at scheduling and is hard to get into contact with.
Pros
free lunch
Fun place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Everyone is really nice at the main office and you get to work with people who are good at what they do so you can learn from them. Its especially fun because its so fast paced and it feels good to support the restaurants
Pros
free lunch, nice and new office space
Cons
no dogs allowed
Love
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Loved the job and everyone I worked with, great staff, great people to be with, the only downfall Was working next to the kitchen so it got kind of hot but it was a great job,
I love working here
Cook (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 22, 2017
Zankou is a great place to work. I get a long well with my manager and coworkers. We get free food everyday and pay is good. Management is friendly and the company is opening new locations. Very exciting place to work
Pros
pay, free lunches, easy scheduling, good food
Constant battle between the Family running it and hired help
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 27, 2017
Its very slow if you like fast paced. 80 Spanish speaking only staff. No SOP's or Training material, revolving HR and managers, No consistency, bills always paid late and you feel the doors can close any day.
Cons
no dental vision, or bonus plan.
work place drama
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 17, 2017
it is very stressful and overwhelming. I really do not recommend anyone working here. there is a lot of drama and if you do not know Spanish they will talk bad about you behind your back. also, it is really hot and it makes you in a bad mood and customers are extremely rude when they don't get their way if we have to charge for something.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
bad work environment
Manager and Customers so friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 28, 2017
When i was working at Zankou i was still in high school and they worked with my school schedule. my coworkers were amazing, and the customers were so sweet.
Pros
amazing work environment
Cons
super hot during the summer
Productive and fast paced
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2016
My typical day at Zankou consisted of a busy fast-paced day. My co-workers and I got along very well. My customers had a smile on their face at the end of every transaction. I created a relationship with my customers and knew most of them by name. The most enjoyable part of my job was to interact with my customers and get to know them and their orders. The hardest part of my job was probably the first day because it was a busy day and I had to learn everything fast.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly customers
Cons
healthcare
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CA 91356December 8, 2016
Working here was very fun for someone young and out going. Love that they are able to work with your schedule. Very easy job to have

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zankou Chicken. Our community is ready to answer.

Zankou Chicken Reviews by Job Title