Zappos Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Unique environment and company culture
Lead Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2019
The first five years were incredible and literally the most exciting work place that I've ever worked in. Following the implementation of Holacracy, an experimental, team management system the environment became less clear, fun and rewarding but I stuck with it for several years. Once Holacracy was rolled back, from my department without validly adhering to the communicated principles I felt it was time for me to move on.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Inconsistent communication
Working at Zappos as an Intern
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2019
Zappos is an absolutely amazing place to work at. The team environment is very welcoming and the management genuinely care about you. While working as an Intern, I learned a lot about how a corporate company works and was given a lot of tasks based on my initiative.
Pros
Free lunches, company outing
Cons
Location (driving to and from)
Don't work here unless you are ready to suck Zappos D to be a favorite
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2019
I would not recommend this to anyone. It was the worst experience I've ever had. As I mentioned, if you don't drink the Kool-Aid, you won't be a favorite.
Work/Life Integration with a focus on Work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2018
This company has an excellent onbording/training program for new employees.
Great people and culture. Very fast-paced. Unfortunatey, you have many objectives but are given no resources to do your job.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Structure is always changing.
Fun place with cool peeps
Fashion Stylist, Freelance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2018
The day was always different, working with different models and photographers. I loved the environment. Hardest part was leaving when the photo studio closed.
Pros
Ping pong
Cons
Nada
Best company I have ever worked for!
Help desk (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 8, 2018
I loved showing up to work every day (even at 5am) they provided free Breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day! With the occasional random parade through the office!
Fun place to work
CLT Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2018
This is a great company to work for. The management team cares about their employees, and the company is very active within the community. One of my favorite things was how diverse the culture was. It’s a laid back, fun place to work!
Pros
Free lunches, Free event access, Free benefits
Cons
Temporary position
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong room.
Art Director/Senior Photographer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2018
Typical day at Zappos was always filled with laughter and occasional meetings, vary lenient company with ability to learn and grow on your own terms. Company was very open minded and willing to help out any chance possible.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Las Vegas is too hot.
It's a Good Company for some people.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2018
I think if you get the schedule you want that works with your family and you keep that schedule it would be good. Other than that I didn't enjoy my time there. Also I'm a UI/UX designer and they told me I had to be on the phone for 1 year before I can transfer into that department.
Fantastic Employer and Employee relationships
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYSeptember 24, 2018
night shift Processed returns, trained people under supervisors. Management was fair and teachable. Food was free and food/drinks provided. Hardest was the night shift. The perks were great Never left this job- It was taken over by Amazon. The Fantastic relationship died.
Pros
Perks, Management was approachable locally and in Nevada
Cons
Take over by Amazon

Want to know more about Zappos Family of Companies?

Ask a question
Great Company
Inventory Control/ Shipping Clerk/ Picker (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYSeptember 5, 2018
Before Amazon bought the warehouse I was in, we had free lunches, snacks and sodas. The pay wasn't great but it made up in food etc.This place embodied culture in the company and made it a great place to be.
Learning Experience
PRODUCTION APPAREL STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2018
Met great people, but management, advancement, and compensation needed improvement. Great benefits and culture at times. Poor communication and promoted by who you knew and not skills.
The best place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2018
Zappos family and culture is incredibly warm and accepting. It has been my absolute favorite place to work. Anything is possible as a Zapponian. You don't just feel like another number or employee, and that is because you are not! The company is ran under holacracy and you are definitely empowered and made to feel highly important. From the CEO to the person sitting next to me, Zappos feels like home and agenuine family.
Lucky to work ther
Site Merchandiser 6pm.com (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2018
I would have never left Zappos, if it wasn't located in Vegas. I speak very highly of the team I was on and miss them often. Zappos allows for each person to have a say in decision making.
Great when it was zappos
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJune 20, 2018
This was the best place to work ever when it was still Zappos. The culture changed drastically when Amazon bought out the distribution side of Zappos and it became a HORRIBLE place to work. Would not recommend to anyone.
Productive and Fun place to work with an amazing culture.
Metrics/Scheduling Operations Adviser (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89101June 18, 2018
The best part about working at Zappos is working in an environment where the leads prepare you to advance to new positions with new responsibilities. The culture is so much about helping others to excel, to have fun while being productive and becoming better people. I have learned so much about overcoming obstacles, using my resources and embracing change.
Decent Place to Work
Customer Loyalty Team Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2018
This was a decent job and I did like it because it was easy. But the lack of management made it hard to always keep up with all of the changes like performance metrics and other requirements. All in all though, if I had to I would go back. Taking care of customers on the phones was an easy job and it was nice to be empowered to take care of customers.
transitional company
Returns Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJune 7, 2018
free vending food at that time.
ping pong and other enjoyable things to do on break times.
Learned crediting of customers and was able to achieve projected goals.
Pros
free vending
Cons
culture taken too far by others
Company Seems Like a Great Fit
Student (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2018
I only had a one day visit at this company, but they boasted about their company culture and amazing benefits they offered. I would have applied for an internship for this company, but it is a very lengthy process.
An Interesting Experience
Tech Leadership Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2018
Zappos promotes a very fun culture with lots of socializing opportunities which is great if you are like me and love to meet new people, etc.

However, if you are also like me, and have a strong work ethic and need for some sort of structure, tracking, measuring of success...then this isn't the place for you.

Owned by Amazon now for almost 10 years, the business is not the start up and entrepreneurial place it once was years ago. There is no management under holacracy. So everyone is just trying to make themselves look like they are busy and valued so they will be viewed that way in defining if their job is necessary or not.

The other problem I saw first hand was people passing themselves off as knowledgeable in areas they had NO EXPERIENCE in...just so they could be in more "holacracy circles" and again, be perceived as a valued resource.

At the end of my almost 1 year - I gained new friends, had some wonderfully fun social experiences, but never ONCE felt satisfaction about the work...it was a chaotic crazy place - definitely not for everyone - myself included!
Pros
Free food, no micro managing your time, (they may not even notice if you don't show up for work in some areas) social opportunities
Cons
No structure, no shared vision or goals, you won't be building much on your resume by working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zappos Family of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight