ZARA Employee Reviews

41.2K
Found 733 reviews matching the search See all 3,804 reviews
Ambiente de trabajo aprezurado
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 10, 2018
Muy mala comunicacion de supervisores y los lideres de las lineas
Pros
Buena paga
Cons
Solo te emplean por par de meses
nl
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 7, 2018
if you are part-time in Zara you are more like a no body, they work you to death, give you full-time employee hours and the only incentive you get is employee discount.
Go and Look For Yourself
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2018
I will rather give the chance to experience thing for yourself. Apply and see the pro and cons for yourself. Every store is different as well as all treatment from the company to the store is different.
You can learn a lot ( Fast pace)
Management can sometimes demand too much
But its based because the company demands from them.
If you get along with the managers/corporate you can
get easily promoted.
Treatment for everyone is not equal.
You enjoy your co-workers. They become your second family.
Pros
Break ( 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour) Depends on how long the shift is. If you are a full timer you get a good time for vacations, Holidays, Healthcare, Dental, good pay when you start off
Cons
Too demanding, favoritism, Pay for full timers, No time for personal life
Goodbye Zara
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2018
seasonal employee
understood patience, obtained social skills
the hardest part of the job was being complained at
the most enjoyable part of the job were my team; very friendly and helpful
Pros
discount
Cons
no breaks
Miserable work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 29, 2018
A typical day always sent me home feeling horrible after my shifts. The management is not positive in communicating with the staff. In my experience, when customers would complain, yell in your face, and talk down on you, staff members would call their manager through the walkie-talkie, to find that the managers did not want to deal with it and hid in the break room.
Cons
Fun and productive work place with positive people
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 29, 2018
I started working in the stock room when i first applied then branch off into the sales floor. A typical day in the stock room consisted of organizing the clothes by style and sizes along the wall, grabbing customer online orders, communicate with each other through a walkie-talkie. That was it for the most part the stock room would do, On the floor I would be doing go backs mostly and organizing as well. I would help out customers with their questions get them sizes, I also helped out in the cash registers when needed and ran fitting rooms as well. I learned all those skills in a matter of a couple months, i really enjoyed working there. Unfortunately, the store went under construction and we got relocated. The relocation wasn't the problem, once i started it was smooth, i had been switched back to the stock room because that was my initial position, i then asked to get switched to the floor and they eventually let me be upfront but then my hours started being cut dramatically to only 8-14 hours a week, when in comparison i to the other location in Santa Monica 1 was getting about 30 each week, so i quit.
Really great retail Job
Sales Associate/Front Desk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FL 33139June 28, 2018
Zara is fast paced, and fun. I enjoyed interacting with the customers.I was a cashier so I was responsible for closing and balancing the registers and cash drop.
Pros
breaks, fun staff, amazing clothes and discounts, ability to move up in the company
Cons
parking
Hard work just doesn't pay off working there
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2018
Overall i did learn a lot from working there,just not from the managers just from my co-workers.The managers there only helped themselves to get ahead in the company. A typical day for me would be making sure everyone was in their zones,product was being ran back to the floor.On top of making sure everyone had there breaks and lunches for when the managers were not on the floor.Plus pulling the 25's and running them to the floor. While doing visual work; money mapping,placing,assist with floor moves,organize the fitting rooms. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customer leave with a smile and knowing that i did everything i could to make sure they got what they were looking for or something similar to the items that they wanted.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
the mangagers
Very busy
Stock associate/Men's Sales associate (Former Employee) –  59th LexingtonJune 25, 2018
Usually very busy from start to finish. the workplace in the stockroom is usually crazy with unopened shipment boxes from the morning shift. which is left for the closing team. hardest part is managing morning shipment and afternoon shipment.
Typical retail
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 24, 2018
As with all retail environments, know what to expect. It comes down to how competent your co-workers and managers are. You might have great co-workers who know what to do, but terrible management.
It was a productive work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
I felt really comfortable working in Zara. Management was okay. All I would suggest is better communication with employees. The job was very easy and I got along very well with my fellow coworkers.
good place to work
Cashier / Sales Associate / Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2018
Some of the managers are good, sometimes they change managers too much and people quit too because is very stressfull to work at zara. What i liked is that you learn a lot and you have a lot of cultures around you
very productive workplace for kids that are in fashion school and it's fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 18, 2018
Zara is a place where you learn different skills fashion skills ,, designers people with creative ideas and thoughts fellow workers that make you feel comfortable and like you're apart of the family
Pros
discounts
fun workplace
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2018
I have learned a large amount of knowledge related to retail and have moved up the chain steadily. I started as an associate, then a stock associate, and now a Visual Merchandiser.
I typically read reports and directly affect the floor based on the information provided.
The workplace culture can be hostile. Management continues to be a questionable change. Associates are kind and easy to talk to, management can be difficult to communicate with unless in contact with them frequently.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
to far
An interesting place to gain experience
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2018
The most difficult part of my position is the time constraint. There is a high turn over rate in retail, even with higher competitive pay. I enjoy all of my coworkers and finished work the most out of this job, but the lack on continuous coworkers makes the position difficult.
Pros
Paid vacation, 401K, vision, dental, flexible scheduling
Cons
high turnover rate with associates, black out dates
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 12, 2018
This is a great company to work for. friendly also great place for growth... fast pace, great team ...................................................
Productive work pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 9, 2018
Great people
Improve skills

Stock room review
Learned a lot about clothes , Zara culture and worked to spread brand awareness and improve sales with customer Loyalty
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
terrible
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 6, 2018
worst management ever....felt like mean girls. Management throws staff under the bus. racism and favoritism prevails over justice and professionalism.
Pros
discounts
Cons
staff
Just a bad place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 6, 2018
I’ve been working here before the store even opened I’m one of the few employees that were hired before the store had opened and everyone is quitting like crazy they pay us bad and the hours are so inconsistent. They constantly change your hours without notice. I get that they’re all learning but they treat us like we’re getting paid to do what we do when we get paid really bad. My friends work well over 40 hrs but they keep them as a “part time associate” so they don’t have to give them benefits. And they only give raises every 2 years .50 cents
Cons
Bad management, hours suck, pay sucks
nice store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2018
i worked here as a part time employee in the register, it was fun at times but the management was complicated at times scheduling employees and managing the floor.