ZARA Employee Reviews

51.5K
41.3K
Found 788 reviews matching the search See all 4,092 reviews
Not the best work place
Manager Of Operations (Current Employee) –  42nd street 5th AvenueOctober 14, 2018
The expectations exceed what you’re compensated for. The people within the location make the job environment pleasant and comfortable. If held accountable, so much of the company would advance.
fun place to work, but not a great job
Assistant Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78758October 11, 2018
This is a real fun place to work, mainly because the managers are great and the co-workers are really cool.

As a job though? You won't get promoted (I was told I would be promoted, and then 6 months later "the paperwork hadn't gone through" or something) and you will not get a raise. I think I made like $9/hour the whole time I worked there? Its not hard work, but standing at a cash register for 8 hours a day with a constant stream of customers isn't easy either.

You also do not get an employee discount. (Maybe 10%?)
Pros
fun
Cons
poor pay, no benefits
Good Job
Trustworthy sales associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 8, 2018
It was very fun but busy environment. They guide and teach you on how to improve and grow as a person. They are willing to hear you out if you want to move up with the company so there is always opportunities to grow with the company.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
busy environment
It was a dun place to work gained alot of experience and good friends
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Canal Street, NYOctober 7, 2018
It’s always busy i learned how ro organize clothes and how to work with advanced technologies , i learned not to fear the cashier cause i always had a problem with it they helped me overcome it . Management was amazing my managers were really fun and understanding. The hardest part was when it’s really busy and there is not that much people because put packs pile over our heads and it’s put backs for a 3 floor store. The enjoyay part was before we open we played games to start our day fresh and ready .
Pros
No free lanchues
Cons
10 min payed break each day
manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2018
• Created/analyzed reports and made product placement adjustments based on collected data.
• Complete all duties including special projects with high level of proficiency and according to set time frames.
• Utilized all reports to implement creative merchandising changes to meet sales goals.
• Maintained visual concepts and flex displays based on inventory.
Interesting workplace but overwhelming
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 6, 2018
Working environment is very energetic and positive. The company focuses a lot in training and making sure employees feel part of the team and interested about fashion trends, materials, company FAQs etc. In general employees are demanded to perform more tasks than they should with a very low flexibility of schedules and hours.
Pros
employee discount, oportunities for all who are capable and focused on growing in the company
Cons
overtasking, too much demand and poor flexibility with schedules
Visual manager
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2018
The Houston Galleria was a very busy high paced store where it can get stressful if you don't have the correct help try to follow all their rules so you can make work easy.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2018
zara index is a great place because they offer flexible hours . They give a week off work if family emergency . Zara offer job training for new promotions.
Pros
discount
Cons
health care benifit
over worked and under paid
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
unless you are in management I do not recommend working retail. Even when you are in management I will not recommend retail. Their discount sucks and they do not appreciate their employees.
Creativity
visual commercial (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 30, 2018
I loved working at Zara as a visual commercial even though it did get stressful at times. I learned a lot working there and was able to use my own creativity and express myself because I was a commercial. It has great learning opportunities.
Pros
great opportunities
Cons
stressful at times and very high expectations
Good Place to Learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2018
ZARA is the best affordable fashion-forward retailer. They have quick turnovers with product and get employees thinking about how to better pair garments, how to sell the product to the customers, and how to keep the sales floor interesting and fresh. I worked for 2 different locations, Michigan Ave in Chicago and Downtown LA. The Chicago store is ran with purpose and accountability. The store is kept in top condition and management is eager to help and teach. Downtown LA is a lot more laid back with far less attention to detail, however, new management is getting it back on track.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJ 07203September 27, 2018
I enjoyed working for the city, the overall workplace was enjoyable. The people were nice and it made the day go better. i would recommend this job to others.
Stressful
Cashier/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2018
Poor management, poor culture with associates, decent pay for lots of sweat, very little to no benefits as well as continuously staying past your shift for regular pay to finish closing procedures.
Disciplina y excelente organizacion
Dirección de Tiendas (Former Employee) –  panama y volombiaSeptember 24, 2018
1- Excelente sistema de Tecnología y cumplimiento de estándares.
2- Proceso de distribución efectivo cumpliendo los tiempo de entrega dentro de cada temporada.
3- Producción en corto tiempo.

Fue la mejor experiencia en mi carrera, maneje 8 tiendas en Colombia con mas de 1300 metros cuadrado.
Pros
Premios por metas cumplidas, seguro medico y asignacion de auto
Cons
ninguno
Very stressful
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2018
The knowledge, experience and bonds I have acquired during my tenure with the company was great but the work itself was lackluster. Most of the management team have no idea what they are doing and most of the time you are left to fend for yourself.
Not a good place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 23, 2018
Really not a good place to work due to the competitiveness and favoritism. It's really hard to work in a field with too many Hispanics who tend to divide many people who are not the same culture.
Pros
12.00 hourly
Cons
less hours, not many days to work
Retail job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Love the clothes but not so much the job. Required smiling a lot and acting a certain way to appear customer friendly which I wasn't into. Running the cash register was good busy work.
A typical sales associate job in Zara consists of , teamwork, making sure customers feel welcomed, having your product look clean and presentable.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Zara is a nice retail job to start off , definitely teaches you the meaning of communication and team work. A safe environment with many friendly faces, it’s an overall good part time job.
Productive / Flexible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 15, 2018
I learned a lot about handing money and customer service while working here. The managers were very helpful and understanding people. I got to experience every department.
Pros
Lockers, Break Room, Employee Discount
Cons
Uniforms
Zara review summary
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2018
A typical day at Zara depends on the traffic in the store. Fast paced days were exciting and very team focused. Slow days would be filled with stock work, maintaining the store, and prepping shipments.
Pros
Discounts, team oriented, friendly enviorment
Cons
Closing shift will have you leaving very late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight