ZARA

United States1,517 reviews

Found 1,517 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,299 reviews
retailfashionclothestorediscountvisualfloorsale

Flexibility

Schedules are flexible especially for students going to school. We work together as a team to communicate, and customers are usually nice. Hardest part is dealing with the busy customer traffic. I enjoy the work community and managers.

Unorganized and poorly supported

They (regionals/managers) will ask for too much from their employees yet provided little to no support and not do not provide the correct tools needed in order for the store to function poorly. The higher ups and managers are unprofessional and poorly trained. Higher people out of desperation and never train the new hires.

ZARA insights

Based on 1,266 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Bad managment

rude, won't work with you on anything but will demand the impossible. horrible horrible place. staff are all rude to you unless you're in the clique.

mostly chaotic, i think i should quit

working there now & i will say that the management is a bit wonky. i’ve recently learned that that JUST started asking for each other’s numbers. there’s groupchats that most employees are not included in. i’ve seem the customer service not be that great, but sometimes the customers aren’t great either. parts of the floor are broken or have tiles placed higher than others which makes it a dangerous place to walk frequently.. i’ve had many times where i tripped and almost face planted into the hard tile floor. there’s not many store devices for sales associates to use so we kinda just have to wait around or give our best guesses to the customers about what the items they’re looking for. many people have quit already just a few days ago. 4 people to be exact and managers have gotten into fights with employees. just crazy overall. i filled out a 2weeks app but decided to stay. wrong choice in my opinion.

Pros

there’s an employee bathroom in the breakroom. discounts are $4 off.

Cons

terrible management, many lazy employees that are unprofessional

Regular

Regular, bajo salario y estresante. NBuen trabajo para jóvenes pero no por mucho tiempo.

Poor management

Managers expect too much from employees while doing very little to assist with goals. Pay is decent but you are expected to do five people’s job because they can’t keep anyone.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?Horrible el ambiente de trabajo y los manager no sirven para nadaWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everything, the management's

Not a fun and supportive environment

Would not recommend this job poor work environment, lot of work and very little pay. Poor management, lack of support, team work, no promotions, and no recognition for good work

Pros

no pros

Cons

no health care, poor benefit, very poor management

Negative environment

The most enjoyable part of my job was I loved what i was doing, being able to connect with employees and was able to train and assist with any issues or concerns that they may have…but the management team and corporate team was not uplifting, and did not take their employees thoughts into consideration. Unfortunately, the management team did not respect any boundaries, would usually take their anger out on employees which causes mental turmoil and it was a lot of employee slander done by the general manager.

I liked working in the compony. The way tha company carring about employees, the product i worked with. Stuff discount, unigorm, management, balance work\life

Coworkers- great. customers- the worst

I loved majority of my co workers and got along with all managers. I have worked retail for 6 years before I got this job. Never in my life have I come across the disrespect you see at this job. The customers are literally the worst. Every half hour (if you’re lucky, not sooner) there is an all out brawl. I have had heels thrown at me, someone smashed the register and broke the monitor, screamed at all the time over things that’s corporate level issues. Customers do not treat zara employees like they are humans and it’s really strange. The job itself was fine. But because customers treat us so poorly it’s a lot of work. Clothes thrown all over the place all the time and it’s just back and forth trying to get things cleaned up you barely have time to do any other work. Co workers really helped make the time go by though. We were all feeling the same struggles and always felt supported by one another.

Pros

Co workers, managers being understanding

Cons

Customers. Return policy making us out to be a**holes to these people.

What is the best part of working at the company?Interaction with the worker's and the customer's What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Trying to help a customer to find a item and you can find it What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very good 👍 What is a typical day like for you at the company?When we have sales.

Hated it

The managers suck at running the store. They’re severely understaffed but hire no one. I was literally everywhere cash register, the floor, and stockroom. Surprised they didn’t put me to clean the bathrooms. Everyone got along there but not with the managers. They would go out of their way to bring negative energy anywhere they stepped foot in, it was sick. And it didn’t help that customers are very rude, by far some of the worst people. I will forever side eye Zara customers. Everything is basically you’re fault cause they’re so empty headed and can’t read refund policies that are on the receipts they never have. All the workers are basically leaving and they’re not replacing fast enough so strongly i suggest not applying unless you like having constant stressful shifts.

Pros

Cons

The whole store, Customers

bad

it is awful bad employees bad management bad everything bad i dislike it here thank you very much and i and the east spring of the church is not followed

Assistant ops manager in training

Zara will use you until you are washed dry. It’s very easy work but management will surely make it hard. Training is unpaid and they create new rules as they go or will tell you that you need to fight to be properly trained as if they don’t need a well trained person?

Not organized

Co workers were terrible and the environment was disorganized. Wasn’t received a raise when asked for one after working there for 2 years. The employer was helpful and friendly.

Poor management and overworked

They have a really poor management it wasn’t like that a few years back and they don’t care now, they do pay you enough for the amount of money they make monthly and they expect you to do more without any compensation

Pros

It was a nice place to work back 2 years ago

Cons

Poor management

eh

very much a clique environment makes it hard when you’re only there to work. The company is whatever they aren’t really body positive. Customers come in with an expectation of you being rude which leads them to disrespect you from the start

Pros

lots of coworkers/team

Cons

they want you to do everything at once, jump around from mens to womens, everyone is always having a bad day/mood

Cashier position very fast paced

Fast paced environment. Good discounts. Must be able to balance work life and personal life or you’ll be stressed. Cashier position very fast paced. Lines are to the door. Employees are very helpful. Clean environment. Just stressful atmosphere while on the floor.

Bad energy

Horrible customer service, the managers all have nasty attitudes, not enough technology for all employees to find clothes around the store for customers

Cons

Horrible communication and customer service

Great place to learn to not care and staying to yourself.

If you work at the registers, good luck with too many customers and not enough support; whether everyone is busy or there are a lot of callouts. You definitely need to be used to fast-paced environments and working independently. You must also use that same sense of independence to learn the full extent of your job and duties. Tip, don’t give up a lot of yourself here, learn to not care, show up on time, provide for the team, and stay to yourself. Be VERY straightforward and on point with management as to not let anything you need completed, falling through the crack.

Pros

There’s a lot of places to eat for break…

Cons

Aggressive management, mundane, lack of cohesion and organization within the main groups of the store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare ZARA with

ZARA reviews by popular job title

• ZARA