ZARA Employee Reviews

Found 859 reviews matching the search See all 4,404 reviews
ambiente laboral confortable
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 10, 2019
excelente ambiente de trabajo, oportunidad de crecimiento!
Poor work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 9, 2019
Poor management, a typical work day is busy with very workers, Feel like I'm being over worked for very little pay. Communication is horrible. Management does poorly on scheduling. Work place is very cold and workers are not allowed to wear sweaters.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Not a great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2019
From the beginning of my employment there, I knew this would not be a great experience. The managers only uphold the “administrative” aspects of their job and not the quality of the work environment. Moreover, the employees, due to managerial incompetence, have nasty attitudes to both guest and other employees. What’s more disturbing, for me, HR and my store manager were very chummy to the point where I questioned impartiality for my behalf. All in all, it is a very toxic place to work!
Pros
Commission pay
Cons
Everything else
Poor work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2019
Did not receive training for my position , I did not really learn anything that I did not learn at my previous job at Abercrombie & Fitch. Management really was not much of help. The culture was not what I thought it would be.
Horrible place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 7, 2019
The worst stores I’ve ever worked at in my retail career have been Zara stores. Upper management shows favoritism. No room for advancement. If management sees your a confident strong employee and have potential to be higher in your career they view you as a threat and will do everything they can to bring you down.. to try and make themselves seem bigger. They aren’t happy unless everyone els around them is stressed out and worried. Hostile work environment. Turn over is extremely high overall with this company. Training is horrible but they expect you to know everything. By far the worst company I have ever worked for and do not recommend Zara at all to anyone.
Birthdays/holidays dinners
PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAJanuary 29, 2019
Zara is a very easy job, everyones very friendly & fast paced. Always be on time, ready to work, help each one another. Coworkerswere very opened & always brought positive energy.
Pros
Allowed to listen to music
Cons
Short breaks
company
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 29, 2019
progressive company good management positive attitude good managers expressive people good workplace culture nice people working here schuedule is flexible for employees
meeting different people
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2019
selling jewelry can be challenging. salary is great if sales are made other than that not much. no benefits/paid time off/sick time. very little room for improvements
Stressful wouldn’t recommend working here.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 27, 2019
They really need to improve on management here. I worked for about 3 months. My first impression of this company was nice. Management seemed easy going friendly and caring. It wasn’t until my first official day working that I witnessed the chaos of the store. Lines never ending , people running around everywhere. Unlike my other jobs, management at Zara didn’t really teach anyone proper customer service . It seemed like they hired anyone and fired anyone for pointless reasons. All of the managers have favorites and even if u worked hard you would get picked on. my hours were good only cause I worked during the holidays but it’s very disorganized and understaffed. You’ll be doing a lot a lot of work. When I decided I wanted to leave, they begged for me to stay. Then when I decided to stay they fired me because I kept changing my mind. And the one who wanted me fired couldn’t even tell me to my face. She got someone else to do it. Pathetic. Not to mention Zara at least Bethesda location is very cheap. Quality of clothes is decent but things such as equipment for the store such as registers is always breaking and old. Employees only get 25 percent discount and limited amount of purchases.
Pros
Discount only 25 percent but limited amount of ourchases
Great company
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2019
Love it. Great brand and company. .......... I learn my styling skills here that lead to a career in fashion. .......................................
Poor management, drama, not friendly people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 21, 2019
To be my first job at vancouver , was the worst, poor management, non professional, co workers smelling so bad, general manager the worst, I would not recomend to anyone to work here. Dont worry they dont care about you anyways.
love it
mentor/sale associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2019
retail is wonderful retail is a hard working environment. Without customer service this job isn't for you will only because you deal with people everyday.
Fun and stressing
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2019
It is a fun and stressing job , pays a bit better than some retail jobs , management needs some work and somewhat good benefits for only full timers. Raises every year
Pros
Discounts, flexible schedule
Cons
Barely benefits for part time, management
never work at Zara
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2019
They expect full open availability for 20 hours or less a week which is an unlivable amount of hours. there is no room for advancement and to get more then 20 hours you would have to be there about 2 years.
Pros
friendly co workers and customers
Cons
everything else
WORST job ever
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NY 11530January 15, 2019
I wouldn't recommend any one work here. They treat you any type of way and the managers are unprofessional. Managers just love talking to you however you want and they keep you after the time your supposed to leave all the time !!
zara
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJanuary 14, 2019
its alot of time on your feet and alot of time with your hands. the managers don't have personalities !!! its hypocritical and i was tired of this place fast !!!
Did not like ara
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2019
managrrs are inconsiderate, racists, show favorites. very unorganized as far as delegation, time management and prioritizing duties. lots of employee gossip and managers enagaging in gossip
Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 5, 2019
Managers were incredibly unhelpful, hours were long and felt unfulfilling. The only reason I didn't leave sooner was because my co-workers were good people.
great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2019
A typical day consists of assisting customers. some are great some are very rude but acts as if they're spending boatloads of money. turnover is a little high because of the young kids that work there. 15% discount. if your not full time except 8-15hrs a week.
*SoHo* Fun coworkers but poor management
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2019
When you first start they don’t give you training even though they have a training manager. Managers there are young and immature, there’s favoritism, they don’t know how to manage situations, they make you feel uncomfortable because they make assumptions but don’t communicate with you they talk about you behind your back like it’s highschool. One of the managers know how bad the other managers are at their job so he has to pick up after their mishaps which is unfair.
Many people quit or they’re finding new jobs while working there. They have strict rules for clock in and outs that is unnecessary. Some days they would be low on staff and only one person would be working that day. Some coworkers manage situations better than the managers ever could.
Pros
Coworkers, discounts, work hours
Cons
Management, uniform, bathroom facilities, short on equipment, schedule, training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.4K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight