ZARA
57Below average
Here to help
Coronavirus update

ZARA Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA31 reviews
you have to work like a machine because they need more people to handle their store and they have only 4 people working where they need 10 people....................................
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor management
simply stay away. If you are looking for a gig until you find something better I respect it , or you simply love fashion. Not worth the stress, disrespect, or insensitivity. Specifically Zara at Tyson’s.
Zara’s work culture is one of the best I’ve worked in. They are strict on uniforms and punctuality but I feel that is to be expected They are friendly and very inclusive. Opportunity for growth however is to be determined. If you are interested in fast pace high demand retail employment this is the place for you!
Overall the management is really bad. The pay is not even worth all the work they want you to do. They don't know how to communicate with people and they run the store like its a factory, its ridiculous.
Make sure to let managers know in advanced if you are planning to take off a certain week or day, to be on time so others would not have to maybe cover for you especially when it’s busy & always be productive at something at all times on the floor
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
It is a cool place to work but its but very fast paced and had favoritism but if you mind your work you'll survive. Fitting Room was a challenge for those not use to so many people visiting.
I had been working for Zara for about 3 years in total as a cashier/ cross- trainee with a clean working record, including returning as a re-hire. They didn’t honor my prior experience from working there nor the raise I had received from the previous location, and was put back at the bottom to ‘work my way up’.

Although things like sales & maintaining a clean work place are important (as Zara is very high- volume and it does get messy) the teamwork aspect was not intact at ALL, and that would always directly affect the customer service... which was usually not good.

Personally I didnt feel there was a good value system in the workplace, and it was always very clear who was priority in the company. (i.e. Managers and responsiveness as well as treatment with the visual merchandisers vs cashiers & floor associates). There was no sense of comfort or outlet for the associates, as the ‘higher ups’ were normally sided with each other. (I promise I’m not just saying that)

In terms of growth and promotion, they already have a plan in mind for who they want and where, which isn’t the fairest process. For instance, I was on track for a promotion, and was given new duties to show my readiness, and the entire time, through follow-up with the HR rep and corporate, there was nothing but dragging feet, and many loopholes & gray areas, which of course led to my search of another job.

Lastly they are accusatory! (I cannot speak for all locations but this was solely my experience). I was pulled to the side and was TOLD that $200 cash had gone missing in my register 2 days in a row
 - more...
if fashion is not your forte this job isn’t for you. i had to learn to have more patience when it comes to this job. lots of cleaning up after people every minute & every hour
This is the wort company to work for, the job is extremely simple but management makes everything difficult because of micromanagement and lack of respect for the employees. Managers show favoritism and that's how most employees get their promotions, not based on work ethic or reliability. If you are a part time employee and have a dispute with a manager they will punish you but cutting your work hours, completely unprofessional. Managers also gossip about employees and express their disdain for the people they work with.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Have to work with unprofessional management
At Zara, Had good and bad moments as any other place ,at my free time mostly where spent by chatting with coworkers and planing the weekend , there where good and bad managers, for those good one i do still remember them till today, and i do not regret spending time while working with zara. it is a good company to work and have some sales experience. but it was not my place to be because of kind of the job that i am looking for as an engineer.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
short breaks
I loved working at Zara, I worked for the stick team. The hours were consistent and the commission really helped streachbmy paychecks. They are strict about attendance but that’s about it... honestly the best job I ever had!
progressive company good management positive attitude good managers expressive people good workplace culture nice people working here schuedule is flexible for employees
They really need to improve on management here. I worked for about 3 months. My first impression of this company was nice. Management seemed easy going friendly and caring. It wasn’t until my first official day working that I witnessed the chaos of the store. Lines never ending , people running around everywhere. Unlike my other jobs, management at Zara didn’t really teach anyone proper customer service . It seemed like they hired anyone and fired anyone for pointless reasons. All of the managers have favorites and even if u worked hard you would get picked on. my hours were good only cause I worked during the holidays but it’s very disorganized and understaffed. You’ll be doing a lot a lot of work. When I decided I wanted to leave, they begged for me to stay. Then when I decided to stay they fired me because I kept changing my mind. And the one who wanted me fired couldn’t even tell me to my face. She got someone else to do it. Pathetic. Not to mention Zara at least Bethesda location is very cheap. Quality of clothes is decent but things such as equipment for the store such as registers is always breaking and old. Employees only get 25 percent discount and limited amount of purchases.
Pros
Discount only 25 percent but limited amount of ourchases
Zara was a great place to work because all the employees were super friendly and stylish. When faced with challenges ranging from difficult customers to fashion advice the team members always had each others backs! Great workplace.
Its terrible, they're so controlling and they have favorites. They pick on new people and try to find so much wrong in them. The managers are disrespectful and there even that way towards customers
zara fit perfectly with my visual communication major. It was nice very fast paced but that is expected in retail. We were often paid late if you received checks and the management was little unorganized.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
30 min lunch break
if you are part-time in Zara you are more like a no body, they work you to death, give you full-time employee hours and the only incentive you get is employee discount.
I worked with a company 10 years ago. It was very fun time. Then everything changed. They started cutting budget on everything making you work for 3 people. A lot of corporate people I started with were leaving. They were great. I should read the sign on the wall. The main goal of the company is to push units and make money, that is all. Not people. You can work their, when you are 20. Forget about having personal life or kids.....
Pros
Great benefits
Typical day included rude customers, rude managers, and an enormous headache of a day. Retail in general is never fun but Zara was especially challenging. They rarely give opportunity for advancement, they promised to teach me register and never did after 6 months of working there. The managers would get mad I did not wear the correct shoe uniform, but they had never provided me the shoes they wanted me to wear. They were extremely unorganized, lacked communication, and the managers lacked maturity. They often kept workers hours past when their shift technically ended. The only enjoyable part was the fashion and meeting my coworkers. The salary was good I got $12.25 an hr plus commission. But with all the things I had to put up with I question if that is fair compensation.
Cons
short breaks, bad management
fun place to work you have to be a very friendly person and a people person to work at a sales store. you also got to have alot of patients with customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
I have been with the company for a little over a year now . Retail can be very stressful and challenging . I want to move forward with a different career path.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.
2K
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight