ZARA Employee Reviews

41.3K
Found 751 reviews matching the search See all 3,907 reviews
zara
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLAugust 11, 2018
Zara was a fun environment to work in although the all became stressful, I made sure i handles the customers problems, whether it be directing them to use the website or dealing with a lost package or a damaged product.
Fun and safe environment staff always professional
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
Working at zara has been a great experience for me I seen myself grow as an individual person and found myself being a great leader to other with all of training and hands on work I experience during the years working with the company, I’m very competitive and the company had many challenges which I had to prove I can overcome and I feel like with those experiences I was able to collect myself and understand if I lead by example others will follow.
Pros
Flexibility, promotions and benefits
Cons
not having the ability to work overtime, low pay and security coverage
It's ok
Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 6, 2018
For a leading fashion retailer, it is surprising that they pay so low. More time is spent on replenishing stock and keeping the "boutique" appearance than having and efficient payment system for checking out customers, the lines are always long.

There are cliques of workers and most of the staff don't event acknowledge your presence and ignore you (unless they need something)

Some of the managers have "premadonna" attitudes and don't take the time to explain their needs.

They are flexible with scheduling and that is a plus.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Lack of proper training
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
Zara was a productive place I had fun with majority of the co workers there the only problem is that the management in Zara very poor but overall a fun place to work
Room for improvement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
Zara definitely was not a good work environment. Highly competitive, insane hours, illegal working conditions. Management is cruel and there is little oversight by corporate.
it was really bad
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 1, 2018
I wouldn't work their again because of the management bad management. I saw my manager yell at a customer and argue with him down the hallway. to me I left because I didn't feel comfortable anymore there.
I loved my co workers
Senior Visual Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 31, 2018
Zara was my life until they didn’t wanna pay me more and made up false write ups. Mangerment was horrible either like you or they didn’t . I was loyal
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unfair management
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2018
i enjoyed working at zara's, at the time i was a student so the hours were very flexible for my schedule, i learned a lot about customer service and learned to be very patient with others. it was very hectic but i was always occupied and always organizing. overall i loved how busy it kept me.
ehh
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 26, 2018
A lot of work and the pay is not enough. They slave work you but, your hard work is not appreciated. Self evaluation is based as a team and not just you. (I don't think it makes sense) getting promoted takes time. 3 month trial thats only if they approve
only good benefits to full timers
Pros
hour break, commission
Cons
slave work
Kinda Stressful
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2018
Working at Zara as a sales associates is a challenge. The job isn't difficult but there are a lot of things to do and it gets stressful day by day, Managers can be very strict or sometimes rude to the point of quiting the job
Pros
25% Discount
Cons
Stressful
Decent place to work but can feel like highschool sometimes
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE/ STOCK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  39 west 34th streetJuly 26, 2018
Managers can be very strict at times so as long as yiu follow all the rules yiu should be fine. A typical work day is usually a 6-8 hour shift so the hours aren’t bad. The brdt psrt about working at zara is probably the employee, everyone is very friendly and nice
Super fast and unorganized
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
Most retail tends to be fast paced and customer oriented. So the “customer is always right” monicker was the way to secure a successful day at the workplace. Customers can come in with simple or complex demands but knowing when to draw the line was tough. Managers would back you up to a certain degree but normally you were out left to dry as they constantly hire and re-hire around the clock.
just a paycheck
Floor Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2018
A typical day consists of assisting customers. some are great some are very rude but acts as if they're spending boatloads of money. turnover is a little high because of the young kids that work there. 15% discount. if your not full time except 8-15hrs a week.
Pros
networking with customers
Cons
management, on feet the whole shift. too many attitudes from management, customers, and co workers
Productive work place
DIRECTOR OF STORE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2018
Very fast paced, unpredictable and exciting work place. ups and down, a lot of demands, strong fashion culture and very little training. this place offered a great start up point and whomever leaves Zara, for other opportunities, claims they are having an easier time at the other job. Management is busy, but never lacks time to check with the high numbers of employees. Many expectations, many requirements, many flaws in delivery, but the pulse is strong and the company thrives on the good energy and determination of its employees.
Pros
paid vacations/twice a year, benefits, discounts, uniforms
Cons
raises don't come often, reviews don't come often enough, high employee turnover, preferential advancement
Good for college students
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
Good company to work for especially if you’re a full time student looking to have some money in your pocket.

The customers can be overwhelming at times but there is always something to do. Most times we have regular customers who come in and greet us on a personal level.
Pros
Commission, uniform, employee discount, flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of coverage, motivated employees
productive , always something to do .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 17, 2018
Workplace their was alway optimistic , very friendly employees. Flexible schedule with very nice management. The hardest part of the job would be that it was always busy , fitting room , on the floor , cashier , was always busy . I enjoyed working with my managers from the woman department .
zara is the best company
visual merchandiser (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
a typical day at work is very fast-paced but you learned a lot from this company. learning how to sale and pick out options for customers that shop there. giving advice when it comes to styling people. interactions with different people everyday is the most fun part for me
Not so bad,
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 15, 2018
The pay is better than most places in miami but if you're looking for a chill not so hectic work place then it is not the place for you. Management could be better but I don't mind it.
Ambiente de trabajo aprezurado
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 10, 2018
Muy mala comunicacion de supervisores y los lideres de las lineas
Pros
Buena paga
Cons
Solo te emplean por par de meses
nl
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 7, 2018
if you are part-time in Zara you are more like a no body, they work you to death, give you full-time employee hours and the only incentive you get is employee discount.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight