ZARA Employee Reviews

Found 831 reviews matching the search See all 4,258 reviews
workplace culture
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with my fellow coworkers on a day to day basis. Management was ok but it could be way better. This job did teach me a lot of patience.
Pros
the company provides incentives during holiday time
Cons
too far from home
Fun, fast paced job environment
Assistant Head Cashier, ZARA (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2018
Working at Zara has taught me alot. It's fairly easy to get promoted, since they promote from within. Management varies, depending on what department you work in and what zara location you work at. The hardest part of the job would probably be the fast paced environment. You will break a sweat! The funnest part about the job is the people. The employees and customers. Hard work is always rewarded. Also good discount!
Pros
good discount, easy to get promoted, hour long breaks
Cons
long work day, one weekend off in a month
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2018
productive and fun
enoyable
good managers
busy environment
nice coworkers
learned a lot about product placement.
restocking and
merchandising
good discount
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CADecember 7, 2018
okay so I actually really loved working here. until everyone who hired me left. then management starting sucking. suddenly my school schedule didn't fit there needs but when I was hired the company and management from my store was well aware that I was going to school. all in all I personally just think my manager didn't like me.
productive
Part- Time Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2018
the hardest part of the job was the schedules and the co-workers. the workplace culture was flexible. and I learned how to organize the clothes by code
Cons
one day you work in the morning other day in the night
My experience with Zara
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2018
I liked working for Zara and enjoyed the environment. They did not want to accommodate my visa needs otherwise I would have stayed and worked longer. The environment is very quick paced and merchandise kept replenished twice a week. I learned a lot about people's preferences over color and fabrics. I am a Textile Designer and Zara made me gain lots of insight over retail clothing and marketing. I wish they would invest more on people while they hire sales associates.
Amazing
Men's Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateDecember 3, 2018
I love my job Still currently employed by them but would love a better salary but have no negative comments that my harm the companies reputation. i Love where i came from within the company and would to continue working with them unto a bigger promotion one day.
Ambiente de trabajo agradable
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLDecember 3, 2018
La unión de la familia zara es aceptable, se aprende diario muchas cosas y sobre todo muchas técnicas en el campo de la moda
Pros
Posibilidades de subir de cargo
Fun and good
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 28, 2018
the environment it's very busy sometimes and that's was good for me, cause the day pass very fast and always you have to keep doing something, I was cashier and that's was amazing I learned a lot
sales
Sales Associate/ training visual (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2018
a great company to work for. the road to advancement is short if you work hard. If you show leadership skills they will push you to be great that is why I love them.
Alot of Fun!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  SherwayNovember 25, 2018
Like any other store, you need to have a great general leader and the place I work has it. She's a leader who is both approachable, professional, able to work fast-pace yet calm and relaxed. She chose great managers that ARE able to actually do work, be friendly and strict when it comes to Zara. Co-workers are greatly encouraged to work together which is a "Go" for me cause I like working with people. Also, time goes by fast which is great because it's better than doing nothing in a retail store that you're there to look at the clock for every hour. Overall, having a great leader puts everything into play to make ZARA rise higher.
Fun and relaxing!
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 21, 2018
Zara was a great place to work because all the employees were super friendly and stylish. When faced with challenges ranging from difficult customers to fashion advice the team members always had each others backs! Great workplace.
Management Team had very little respect
Retail Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 20, 2018
Did not enjoy working for ZARA not the type of work I am use to dealing with retail work is very difficult I spent one year with them trying to fit into the element but no way.
Stockroom Shift Lead, Cashier (Former Employee) –  passedNovember 17, 2018
There was always something to do and different guest interactions, no day was the same. It was a great environment with great people to work with. They were always willing to accommodate my school schedule.
terrible experience
manager (Former Employee) –  pavilionNovember 16, 2018
there will no career advancement, hr are too stupid and the blaming culture are everywhere in that brand.. not a suitable career.. no work balance, no extra hours payment..
Pros
staff are very friendly
Cons
everything suck
High school
Stock Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2018
It is a fast pace environment. We are Constantly shorthanded, people get fired or quiting. The management team act like the mean girls n boys from high school. They hire their friends and promote they quickly. So you will get passed over . Which leads to poor attitude from employees. Corporate comes to your store the managers run around like chickens without a head. When corporate makes rules you must follow them no matter how bad they are. Most mangers want to get promoted to corporate so there is ALOT of butt kissing n begging. Make sure you get everything in writing and take pictures of your schedule, if not it will cost you your job.
Pros
Hour lunch and ten minute break
Cons
Poor management
Nice clothes
Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Century City, CANovember 11, 2018
The experience at Zara was my first in retail. I wasn’t a star here but a team player. I learned how to get good at folding and zoning. I also learned I’m good at engaging customers and caring out tasks on my own.
Pros
Clothing
Cons
Pay
Workplace
Sales associate/ Customer service rep/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 10, 2018
Its terrible, they're so controlling and they have favorites. They pick on new people and try to find so much wrong in them. The managers are disrespectful and there even that way towards customers
This job was not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2018
I worked with one of the flagship store. It can get really crowded. The job was really physical. Employees need to maintain their zones, merchandise properly kept and restocked, attend to customers, get the merchandise on the third floor (there's no elevator), pick the merchandise from fitting rooms and smile. This was the worst job for me. It's very tiring. I worked in a huge store. Visuals is everything in this store. Merchandise has to be properly folded. hangers hanged on the same face, sizes has to be in order. I can't fold well so it didn't work out for me. I left within a month.
Pros
You get to see new trends
Cons
Short breaks, Salary, Employees are snob
Fast paced not meant for a person of little patience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioNovember 6, 2018
If you're the type of employee that doesnt like to stand around and do nothing all day, zara is the place for you. From the moment you clock in be ready to work endlessly. Especially during sale.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for hours
Cons
Lack of balance between work and home life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.4K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight