Zaxby's | ZAX LLC Employee Reviews

fun working place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Walkertown, NCMay 9, 2018
i really enjoyed working for zaxbys and would go back or recommend to anyone just getting started and looking to move up.great place to work for anyone.
Good workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 4, 2018
Zaxbys was my first job and I can say that it did help me with learning to follow directions from authority and learned to work at a fast pace but also at efficient level
Pros
Half priced food
Cons
Customers attitudes, hot kitchen but that’s expected in fast food, light staff
Horrible place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hiram, GAApril 29, 2018
Somebody messed up my schedule and I got fired behind the error that wasn’t mine. The Managers are unprofessional and the employees are even more unprofessional. They curse and flip each other off in front of customers. They are rude and gossip. I only worked there for about a week and this is the kind of behavior that was displayed.
Pros
Discount on food. Fast paced environment
Cons
The employees
Pay is only good for GMs everyone else receives pennies compared to the work they are required to do.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCApril 21, 2018
The pay for general managers is great and so are the benefits but they leave little to no time for family or an outside life. I dedicated years of my life to this company, sacrificed so much time with family. They don't care, all they care about are numbers. Alot of talk about family and how they care but it doesn't show by their day to day operations. Zaxbys does not pay crew members and hourly assistant managers nearly enough for the amount of work asked of them. How do you expect to keep employees for long term when you cant pay them what all other businesses in the area pay for this same type of position. They leave and go where the money and hours are.
Good luck with the extremely high turnover. Zaxbys needs to revisit how they operate when it comes to taking care of their employees. Managers and crew members.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
long hours, no time for outside life or family
fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 18, 2018
I cooked alot of chicken, was bossed around by angry managers who sat arund doing nothing, plus was that I sometimes got to take home leftover food. Would work here again.
Pros
Fun
Cons
A workplace where you feel a part of a family.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAApril 17, 2018
Zaxby's is a very friendly environment. The co-workers plus the managers make you feel at home and very welcomed. Everyone receive a 100% on their order when it's their first day on the job. After that cashiers and regular cooks receive 50% discounts unless they are a manager or a shift leader.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 9, 2018
Very busy around 3-4 pm, 6 & 9 or right before we closed. On a typical work day Mondays would be the least busiest day. It's a fun workplace with your coworkers.
Productive and fun work place.....
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 24, 2018
Love it while it last..............great food... Clean environment.... Great social environment...... Security is awesome....... Management is reasonable......
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fast paced
Front of House Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Park, GAMarch 23, 2018
Zaxby’s is a fast paced environment to work in. It requires a lot of patience and integrity. You have to have thick Skin because people can be pretty rude, but it’s okay.
good
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 9, 2018
good place to work hood workplace culture tha hardest part of the job is the hours that youre going to have to put in there is no such thing as a typiucal day
Fast Paced
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 28, 2018
This job can be very fast paced and understaffing does not help during rush times. On site management does not have great communication skills but the owner of my store is great to work with.
Pros
Meal discount
Cons
Staff turnover, non supportive manager
Great place as long as your manager likes you.
Backline Cook (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNFebruary 26, 2018
The time that I worked for Zaxby's was a weird time for them. We were a brand new store and we had a crew who really wanted to make the store succeed. The beginning was rough but we pushed through it and got rolling along. Time pasted and our store manager quit. That is were the experience dropped for me. All the other managers at one point or another got told they were gonna be store managers and they tension started to rise and I left after the place started becoming uncomfortable to work in.
Pros
Free lunch to a limit
Cons
Hours can be strange
Overall a good workplace, very friendly and helpful, very fast.
Front End Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAFebruary 22, 2018
My typical day at work for zaxbys was just taking orders for the guests and receiving their food. Everyone always had a smile on their face and stayed clean always.
Pros
half off your order on the days you work
Cons
healthcare, late days with a legitimate excuse
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Good job for someone looking for an easy and good job, You can climb the chain if you listen, are dedicated and know what you are doing. They require a uniform code so be prepared for that
Overall, Zaxby's is the easiest job to work!!
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 23, 2018
Zaxby's was my first job right after high school. It was a great experience for me to explore, for I have learned how to do almost everything there. A typical day at Zaxby's includes a smooth running base with lots of moving. The management staff are always in need for training those with less experience. There are tasks set up for every employee to accomplish at the end of their shift. The hardest part of the job would have to be double checking orders and missing a mistake. The most enjoyable part of the job is on busy days when everything is fast-paced, because there is always something to do.
Terrible Business to Work Would Not Recommend
Cook (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALJanuary 9, 2018
Horrible Business. The Owner is cheap, always lack cleaning Supplies, The Managers don’t try to work with your schedule or listen to your schedule requests nor do they help to try advancing you, after working there for near 2 years I would of thought to see some kind of recognition of which I did not. Not even there one year pin. & None of the cooks wanna cook!
Pros
The GM
Cons
Lack of Advancement, Terrible management, Not a flexible schedule
Horrible work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 8, 2018
don't work here it sucks I'm tired of having to write this stupid review. It deadass sucks and every one that works there is on drugs.z Omheroanja;y8arefqeo;8gejhfheyg
Poor management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Metter, GAJanuary 6, 2018
Fast paced, stressful job. I would only recommend this as a temporary job. Ive worked at manh food places and this place has Poor management, no communication.
Pros
50% off meal
Cons
Understaffed overworked
Work there if you want to..
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Wallace, NCJanuary 1, 2018
Unless you're a`favorite` don't expect to get any hours. Don't expect your manager (any of them) to do anything about that either. The harder you work, the less hours you'll get whereas those who watches you work get full time hours. General manager sees and turns a blind eye to situations.. New management overall would be beneficial to the restaurant
Pros
N/a
Cons
wouldn't recommend
fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 26, 2017
very friendly fun place to work. great food and great people. i would recommend this place to anyone thats looking for great food and people. you willn not be disappointed