Zaxby's Employee Reviews

Ewwww
Cook/Dishwasher/lineman (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 21, 2018
These people are just plain dumb you do not want to work with them unless you want to deal with middle school drama from full grown adults, if a manager was having a bad day they would fully take it all out on you. Not to mention most people there are crack heads with no teeth
Oh Lord!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2018
Just do not go to the one that I went to. The managers are similar to the ones at McDonald's Inc. The only enjoyable part of the job is being paid for the work I did.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Emotions
Fun but Hectic
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, TNJuly 20, 2018
Under our previous owners Zaxbys was a great place to work. We had full benefits for managers and crew members alike. They were more concerned about the staff and community rather than the money side of things. The new owners seem more inclined to make as much money as they can, they took most of the benefits away from managers and took all benefits away from the crew. They had us go down to minimal staffing which made it hard to do all the required work and the give 100% to our customers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no benefits really
work place
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Hampton, GAJuly 19, 2018
I was basically removing the frozen food out of the freezer to relocate it to the refrigerator.The refrigerator cause it to melt ,the ones that are in there before i put the fresh frozen ones in i cook them. Mainly, i be in the kitchen area majority of the time.
It's okay
Cook (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 19, 2018
As any fast food place for the most part is bad. They never gave me enough hours. Never had me do a job i was good at, only what they needed for the time. Which was usually drive through. I would be swamped for hours with no backup. They also had the minimal number of workers. So if someone called out, you would definitely know.
Pros
discounts.
Cons
Good place, can't complain.
Shift Leader BOH (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJuly 19, 2018
For my first time in fast food it wasn't too bad. Good, clean place that has the equipment you need to keep the kitchen running smoothly. Sometimes can be hectic, but I'm sure thats the way most fast food is. Good management, decent employees, great owner. He tries to help everyone out and accommodate to everyone's needs.
it is a fun environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Powder Springs, GAJuly 19, 2018
It was a busy work environment. I learned that it is all about teamwork. Management was awesome. the workplace culture was phenomenal. the hardest part was cleaning the front of the store.
Pros
discounts
Cooking and cleaning were the main parts of my job; worked for a great manager.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GAJuly 19, 2018
A typical day at work involved me cooking and keeping the area I worked in dry-mopped at all times for safety reasons. Of course, because I was a cook, the workplace culture was always hot. Had to always be mindful of safety issues.
Pros
Management was great.
It is definitely a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valley, ALJuly 18, 2018
At Zaxby's, it was very hard for me to have a life outside of work.

I was paid minimum wage the entire time I worked there (and I was a shift lead) and was never offered any compensation for the extra work I was given.

The people were enjoyable and I am still friends with many of them.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours, Pay
I love Zaxbys
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 18, 2018
I love working at zaxbys. Great managers. great employees. provide good and fast food. Clean restaurant. good environment. a good place for lunch. a good first job.
Fast paced always busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Zaxbys for the short time I did. If i had been getting a full 40 hours that would have been a permanent job for me. The crew is incredible as well as managers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours
Pro and Cons
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 18, 2018
There are some good things about Zaxby's as far as being in managment and overseeing work flow. However, if your not the General Manager your not as flexible and held accountable for things falling apart. Somehow when problems occur they fall back on Assistant Managers rather than the GM.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, covering shifts, open availability
Good First job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 18, 2018
It's your typical fast food job, it can be really good, and the scheduling is probably the niciest part. It's hit or miss. The job is pretty easy, or at least after I got a hang to it.
Great Starter Job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJuly 17, 2018
I worked within the company for 4 years at two different locations. The businesses are individually owned which allows your true boss to be able to make a personal connection with you as a worker. This job did not pay enough to sustain my lifestyle but is great for those first moving out with roommates.
management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Walkertown, NCJuly 17, 2018
Could be better management, they showed a lot of favoritism towards certain employees, they would cut hours for no reason and give them to ones who don't work.
Bad area
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 17, 2018
I had really bad management
The food was terrible
They were not strict on cleaning which is unhealthy
rude to customers
they were disrespectful to employes
Not a profesional work environment
Zaxbys cook (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNJuly 17, 2018
To many immature people that work there. The manager is not the best. My hours are all over the place and the pay is unacceptable. Its a nice and fun environment for a high schooler but not for and adult
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
Work Hours arent concrete
It is okay
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Flat Shoals, GAJuly 17, 2018
It is an okay job. Too much goes on up there. A lot of rude customers in that area. Worked with some good people. Great co workers and managers. Very understandable managers.
Productive and fun enviroment
Zaxby's so i know how to cook, work as a cashier (Current Employee) –  4115 Lebanon, NashvilleJuly 16, 2018
Working at Zaxbys is fun and the current location im at is like a family. if i didnt need to leave due to salary i wouldn't leave, but i have to keep moving forward.
Pros
free meals per shift
Cons
hard to take time off sometimes
Great place to start.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJuly 16, 2018
Great opportunity to kick start a career. Very fast paced and hands on, customer service is top priority. Multitude of opportunity to learn as much about the hospitality industry, for those willing to take it.