Zaxby's

United States6,420 reviews

Found 6,420 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,431 reviews
fooddiscountmealfastmanagercookbreakcashier

Ok

Decent place to work. If you are in school do not get focused on trying to work. Focus on your school and let them know your availability. Sometimes they will work with your schedule

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexible hours What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Managements personal drama was brought in daily What is the work environment and culture like at the company?People were nice for the most part unless they decided to start a problem with you

Zaxby's insights

Based on 4,603 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Bad management

The management were doing something then they did the other. They tried to enforce the rules but kept people who broke it and fored people who tried to keep it.

Fun and productive

Everyone gets alone and it is a friendly work zone. Managers communicate very well with crew and customers always feel welcome and safe to come and eat.

Fun work place and good addictive food

I loved working here and I would go back to work here if called me I was a assistant manager and I enjoyed being around all my hard working employees they all liked me I was always at work I was always happy to go in and work and the majority of my employees loved me I just wish the pay was a little more for assistant nanagers

Pros

1 free meal while working

Cons

No breaks

Good company

I love the way they pay me cause I like doing the things with my gang and see them do good at what they do ands it's good that I do that amen and I love they way they control there center down there no kap

Pros

Good food productive

Cons

Good health insurance

What is the best part of working at the company?The food, the salary at the time, & management. It’s a great starter job What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I would say maintaining the floor where customers dine in, it can get pretty messy pretty fast. Rushes also don’t help with trying to maintain the cleanliness, you’d need more than one person doing it What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment is consistent, culture was okay What is a typical day like for you at the company?I always knew what to expect & liked that

What is the best part of working at the company?The customers some of themWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Employees and rude customers What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Hostile, negative energy, roaches, and flies What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful, employee being rude

Easy Job

Would be a decent job for anyone who wants more costumer service experience. Good training, easy tasks. Can be very fast paced, and working with the general public can be stressful at times. Very nice management at my location and flexible hours.

Fun workplace

Great management team and crew. Fun and rewarding work, loved working with the customers and seeing the happy people come through, especially the regulars.

Loved it

It was my first customer service job and the people were great! I had school at the time and they were very understanding. Only things was that at some point because there were not enough twirlers I would have to stay an hour or two after my end scheduled time.

It was ok

Fun workplace but never enough staff. It puts too much work on the manager. No work/life balance either and you can never take vacation time due to the low staffing levels.

Money can be made

Growth experience. Not for the faint of heart. Definitely made me stronger. Keep your mind on what you came to accomplish and be patient, with customers, coworkers, staff and most of all yourself 😉. Have faith in God.

Terrible

It was a terrible workplace, Horrible management and coworkers and tremendously toxic environment. So disgusting also that even almost 3 years later I won't eat at another Zaxbys again.

Fun workplace

Good work environment, everyone is very close and friendly on the team. Easy to get raises and not hard to get hired. Lots of laughter and overall a nice place to work.

A Comfortable Workplace

At Zaxby's, you are bound to be good friends with your co-workers as the workplace is not very stressful. The daily tasks are all smooth sailing until you hit rush hour & then it becomes all hands on deck. Working at Zaxby's is very similar to working at any fast food restaurant but the difference is the food is better than most.

Productive if you are productive and have a motivated team to get the job done

As a BOH manager, you will be working all shifts doing a lot of everything especially if your team is lazy or doesn't show up to work. Primary responsibility is to get the orders out when the rushes come. So cooking all the good by yourself might be a days situation for you. The job can be draining and repetitive. If you're looking for a fast-paced job with no change in daily duties, this job at Zaxby's or any chain restaurant is for you.

It’s fast food. Don’t expect much.

It was my first job, I learned every role in the store. Even so, after a year of working there I still was only making 8.50 per hour. I worked about 30 hours a week there in high school, sometimes more if they would schedule me into the times when I was technically unavailable.

Pros

Cheap food, good discount.

Cons

You smell bad after work, not good money, it’s fast food.

Absolutely awful ethics

They demand perfection and in turn all they offer is criticism and its the farthest thing from a healthy work environment. They overwork and demand a lot for very little compensation. They don't allow breaks because their store needs to meet their "set window time". Breaks are not allowed to be taken when it's busy, which is usually all the time. Constantly distracting you from the correct task with priority being to serve the customer

Cashier

Mostly high schoolers or they just graduated. Just to start out job. Not many for long term unless you're seeking a manager or director position. Pay is not the best but great for someone with no bills.

People are good, Company not so much.

The people you work with will be the best and most chill people you will ever know. But the company will tell you one way of doing something then change is the next month. Not to even mention the “corporate people” that could care less about you.

Pros

Free Meal once a shift

Cons

Mangers are ether real good or really bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zaxby's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Zaxby's with

Zaxby's reviews by popular job title

• Zaxby's