Zaxby's Employee Reviews

41.1K
Found 3,561 reviews matching the search See all 3,562 reviews
fast paced nice employees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAOctober 20, 2018
Just need more employees that actually care about there jobs...managers keep coming & going to much drama, too many high schoolers that call out 24/7.
Pros
Discount on lunches
Cons
bad management no employees pay isnt good
Okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAOctober 19, 2018
They don’t give enough hours, coworkers are okay, they’re falling apart on the inside of the store and don’t have really good reviews. Good place to make extra cash.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
No hours
Busy place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAOctober 19, 2018
It's a good place to work. The management was nice and was willing to drive me home after closing when I had no car. I had a 15 percent off every day that I worked
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Adel, GAOctober 18, 2018
There is usually always something to do. It's usually rather fast-pasted and productive. The management could be better. The environment alone is rather.
Zaxby's
ASSISTANT MANAGER / CASHIER / COOK (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCOctober 18, 2018
Worked me 40+ hours but only got paid less than 35 hours most of the time. Also tired of being called in all the time on my days off and getting ripped off. Management shows favoritism to other managers that is friends prior to working there.
Pros
Discount food/Good food
Cons
Management favoritism
Productive with fast pace. Poor management and leadership skills.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 17, 2018
The managers are not the best. They often let team leads and cooks provide most of the sophisticated ideas. They never work with school schedules so that the employee could have a separate check and school rights.
Hard workers, poor management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCOctober 16, 2018
Zaxby's isn't a horrible place to work. The discounts and benefits are pretty decent too but, the management on the other hand is too much for me. If they don't like someone or what you're doing they'll talk about you. It's just a very petty environment. It would just be nice to have a change of pace and management that care about their employees.
Pros
free meals if you work a certain amount of hours
Cons
management
Easy learning job everybody got along very well we all crack jokes and for that our time working went by quick .
Associate (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAOctober 16, 2018
Overall I loved working at zaxbys . We were more of a family then just co workers . Even though I left due to lack of communication and poor management I enjoyed my time working there .
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Taking out trash
comfortabel working inviroment
Zaxbys cook (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAOctober 16, 2018
working at zaxbys i learned about customer service and learned how to make the food at the right temperature and time. it was also a good job for me and i like it
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
n/a
Fast paced and somewhat stressful workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCOctober 15, 2018
Zaxby's is a fast paced and somewhat stressful place to work. It is mostly a place for kids in school. Not for older people or people with health issues.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
short staffed at the moment
Productive and Fast paced environment
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAOctober 14, 2018
Everyday working at Zaxby's was the same routine. Job is very self explanatory. The best part about working at Zaxby's is the team work and seeing how working together brought about great results.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Every day was something new I was always learning new things
cashier and stocker (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCOctober 14, 2018
A typical day at the job would include me introducing customers to the new menu, stocking the shelves and food containers. I have learned how to work the cash register and communicate with other people. The hardest part of the job is working with difficult people but I am a calm and collective person so I was able to manage it. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and finishing off the day with happy customers.
Pros
I love to work
Cons
short breaks
poor management
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Clarkesville, GAOctober 12, 2018
New management was treating old employees unfairly. Also the new rules did not apply to everyone which was not fair at all. Also can't keep their word when they say they will promote someone i expect it with the pay raise.
Cons
no free lunch, bad pay for to much work, no one gets a raise ever
it was ok
Poinsett Hwy - Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 12, 2018
it was stressful. nobody cares. rude teenagers with bad attitudes and middle aged people with nothing better to do with their lives but um some of them were pretty cool.
Pros
discounts bc zaxbys is expensive
Cons
everything else except my boyfriend
Busy work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 12, 2018
I learned to keep up a fast pace while working in this kitchen and I also learned about health and making sure everything is clean and following all rules so that there is no cross contamination between chicken and fish and other oral food . Keeping customers happy the hardest part about this job is working for 8 hours with no lunch breaks .
productive fun work enviornment
cook-assistant manager (Former Employee) –  orlandoOctober 12, 2018
Zaxbys was an awesome place to work. So much that i will become an owner of one. Zaxbys was my first job. Gave me the opportunity to move up in the company just after a year.
I love zaxby's food no question about it. I just didnt like the particular one i was employed with. The pay was terrible and wasnt enough hours for me
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 11, 2018
If the pay was more and the interview process was one on one and not a group interview maybe I would have had a better experience. But nevertheless that experience wouldn't keep me from applying at another location
Pros
Food great
Cons
To each their own
Richmond locations
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 11, 2018
Ok, well don't work here unless your desperate, seems normal at first and then you experince lack of training, nothing is organized with training. Management change like the wind, if Zaxby's invest in employee training, they would produce happier employees people will stay. I worked in more than one location. They are no Chick-fil-A that's for sure. The owner isn't really interested in who works for him, until someone complains, the idea of telling people they have to pay extra for items doesn't go over to well. I have eaten at out of town Zaxby's different all together, there locations I worked at, employees spend a lot of time gossiping, arguing, or they just don't show up. If you are new to getting a job skip this one, your experience will have you scared to work restaurants.If a company is only concerned with how much money they will make don't work there. This is not a community friendly restaurant.
Pros
Discount on food for your shift
Cons
Scheduling, co-workers not friendly, unorganized manager
Difficult job but little pay
cashier (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNOctober 11, 2018
I saw a lot of new hires come in while I worked there, and not many stayed. Pay was relatively low and hours were short, so the pay was not nearly enough.
Some days were okay, but most were very busy. Some days were fun, most wer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 10, 2018
Great place to work for a first time experience job. Teaches you a lot about the work force especially a fast paced environment conditions. Not only do you make great friends, you build a family.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks. Sometimes you won’t get a break.