Zaxby's Employee Reviews

Found 3,362 reviews matching the search See all 3,363 reviews
Fun environement to work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2018
Really enjoyed working in this environment. They took care of their managers and employees to the fullest. I would recommend anyone to work here. you wont regret it.
workplace fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCAugust 17, 2018
Zaxby's okay to work, but you don't get weekend off they want you work on the weekend. Also you get your paycheck late instead of being on time. Lack of management and unprofessional.
Low payment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYAugust 17, 2018
Low paychecks. Manager berated me weekly about no sense of urgency even though I was one of the hardest workers. No job advancements. No pay raises for me or other workers.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, bad manager
na
CASHIER/ KITCHEN CREW (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 17, 2018
overall i loved working for zaxby’s i think it’s a great company and great food for decent however i think depending on which one you work at your experience may vary as far as quality of service and management
Pros
easy job with okay pay
Cons
na
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCAugust 17, 2018
it was a good first job. my managers were very childish but were hard workers. always worked bad shifts. schedules were always different. never got a consistent schedule.
It’s Mutual
Cashier and Server (Current Employee) –  Eatonville, FLAugust 16, 2018
Very neutral place to work , cool , just a tiny bit of messy , good management but poor hours given . I wish they give me more days & longer hours i have a child to take care of
Pros
Discount
Cook (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALAugust 16, 2018
Zaxbys was my first job. I did not know what to expect.
Some of the people were nice. It was A very fast paced environment. You got discounts when your working. My favorite part of the job was breaks because, you get to eat or whatever and just relax after being on your feet for hours. The hardest part of the job would be well, if your a cook trying not to get yourself burned. The managers were decent. Always and I mean always at least try to be on their good side. A typical day at work would be clocking in, wiping down your area, making and preparing the food etc. Well, that is for cooks at least I don't know about cashiers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Bad attitudes
It's a fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 16, 2018
Co workers get along great, there is no drama hardly and never really get mean/offensive customers. As long as your job is done right. It's a fast paced environment, the food is great as well and very fresh.
Pros
Half off, set schedule of own choosing
Cons
No breaks unless asked, no benefits or raises
Great people work here
Lead Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALAugust 16, 2018
I worked with a great group of people here. The facility is clean and safe. The only downfall was the big bosses. The associate manager and immediate manager were cool
Pros
Discount on food
Poor management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAAugust 16, 2018
Management at the Zaxby's that I worked at was very poor. They failed to communicate with employees until the last moment, and even struggled communicating with each other.
Pros
half price meals
Front Floor Cleaning. (Former Employee) –  Bremen, GAAugust 16, 2018
A typical day is slow, calming work environment. I worked weekends, so Sunday was my busies day. Fast pace work was needed, which wasn't a problem. Learned to keep up on quick pace rush hour. Which, was the hardest part. Easy part was cleaning, sweeping and table washing came easier with practice. Management was fair, honest and overall excellent.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers.
Cons
None.
It's and okay place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 16, 2018
Great work place. Great food great employees and more. They are willing to work around your schedule something that is more suitable for you. Management is great
It was okay as a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCAugust 15, 2018
Lots of things to do and you would get nothing in return, lots of rude workers, management talked about you behind your back, and sometimes won’t even let you finish your whole shift because they felt like sending you home.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
It a decent place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 15, 2018
I work mostly in back only work upfront twice. Sometimes they dont let you have days off if you ask. Its unfair how easy its to get fired. If you prep its kinda bad you run out of things.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No breaks unless you work a double or in school
unfriendly
Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2018
never let you know your hours rude managers at all three I worked at good chicken, but I never would recommend even an enemy to work in this fast food joint
Pros
good chicken
Cons
terrible coworkers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 14, 2018
Mostly Zaxby's is an ok place to work. If you have to call out, don't expect to be on the schedule the following week as they will punish you and not work you for a full week if you call off one time in over a year.
Pros
easy work
Cons
way they do weekly schedules are very bad
Employees were hard to get a long with
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 14, 2018
For the most part I enjoyed working at zaxbys but, no matter who you were you would find someone to want to start drama with you or make you angry. I didn’t enjoy working with most employees/ managers here.
Pros
Food
Cons
Management, short breaks
I hope I have an opportunity to work with the team of Retro Fitness.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28270August 14, 2018
I enjoy working at Zaxbys, but I know that's not what I want to do all of my life. I want to get into something I love doing like working out and I feel like this is the perfect job for me and I hope I have an opportunity to show everyone that.
Great first job.
server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Zaxbys for the first few months. I tooks orders, served food, cleaned bathrooms, lobby, front of house, and dishes. I also learned how to prepare meals. It turned out not working out for me but it's a good first job.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
poor management
Great work atmosphere
Cashier/Cook/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALAugust 14, 2018
Great place to work. There are many opportunities to advance in your job. Great managers and owners. They work with you on your schedule. very understanding and will hire young people with no experience or older people who have a hard time finding jobs because of their background. There are benefits of you choose to pursue them.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Managers are very young