Zazzle Employee Reviews

Worse company ever
Hourly Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 20, 2019
Unless you are upper management like on the board of directors the work life balance is awful. The senior level managers don't even work eight hours a day while the hourly are expected to work as many hours as demanded on them or be fired. The benefits are not much better if you work in Nevada they don't even offer sick pay. Your job security is minimal they lay off as soon as production tails off unless you are one of the "in" crowd of Zazzle or part of the Gonzalez family. The Reno Nevada facility is now searching for their third plant manager in less then three years. The culture is shut up and get your job done or be fired. Safety is the lowest priority with multiple safety violations through out the plant. Stay away from this dump unless you like being treated like a slave.
Pros
when you get to leave each day
Cons
no sick pay and low pay. low moral and no regard for your safety
Fun workplace
Service Technician-Servicing non working machines (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 23, 2019
Good overall, I thought It was a very friendly, fun work environment. Everyone was very energetic which I like and preferred, They also were always changing things up.
No place to advance
Production Worker I (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 14, 2019
Honestly, Zazzle is an "Easy" place to work. It's slow even during the holiday rush season. Well for Reno area it is. I liked the slow/busy we had during the end of November till the first of the year but I was printing ornaments so it was pretty chill.

However, after the holiday rush you are stuck in the same area usually. I learned a lot of machines because that's the type of person I am. I work to learn new things. As far as advancements I always applied but never got the jobs, just excuses. I wasn't raised on excuses but this company sure has some management that was. Unless you are favored by the management there you won't go anywhere.

The co-workers were honestly why I held in for so long. There is some amazing people who work there, they started to leave in twos though when they realized nothing was going to happen opportunity wise and went else where as I did.

The supervisors were great people too, and not all management was bad just particular people which happens everywhere I guess.
Pros
Sometimes we got spoiled with food. It's an opportunity for 4 10's or 3 12's.
Cons
Short Breaks, not a long enough lunch period, they'd complain about bathroom breaks.
Team Work
Printer Operator/Handler (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 28, 2018
An average day at Zazzle is pleasant. Your job is't stressful. Everyone encourages their teammates with positive vibes. I looked forward to going to work & being PROUD to do my job. Zazzle is a friendly fast pace workplace. Being there made you want to strive for advancements. Zazzle as by far been 1 of my favorite places to work.
Productive and Engaging work environment
PRODUCTION LEAD (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 28, 2018
On a typical day we work on creating custom products for customers. the products range from paper to apparel. There is a daily quota of shipments to make, but that is all dependent on the ability to get work from the presses to the floor for finishing. The management is great, they're willing to work with you to find a position that best suits your abilities. The workplace culture is pretty tight knit. We're a close group of people with the work hours being 10 - 12 hours a day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with machines and their various problems and repairs. especially since those affect every other persons job on the floor from Q/A to shipping. But at the same time I enjoy finding creative solutions to those kind of problems.
Pros
Benefits for full time are great
Cons
Long work hours
Typical Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 6, 2018
Working at Zazzle as a Customer Service Representative. It is nice role and company but it becomes boring. You will notice favoritism. Perks is "free" lunch $25 lunch card to be used at the local campus cafe. Free snacks water, coffee, tea juices. You will not get far with out being kiss up.
Pros
Lunch card with set amount, Annual company parties, Free snack bar
Cons
Management helps friends with getting better positions regardless of your skills
fun friendly environment
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 9, 2018
friendly crew & helpful leaders only short term employment no advancement for a seasonal job. Don't place order coz no guarantee you will receive your order before you get lay off.
A tale of two companies that are actually just one
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 25, 2018
When I started at Zazzle it was very-much a startup. It was a bit disorganized and everyone did a little work on everything. Engineers even helped out in customer support and manufacturing busy times of year.

These days it is much more of a mid-sized company. There is effective HR and job security and even an online form to fill out for taking vacation. The CEO and founders have attempted to keep the start-up look and feel by providing meals, being laid back about how employees spend manage their time, and encouraging input from everyone. But, these features are for the knowledge workers.

Increasingly, manufacturing and customer support are becoming their own company. The Manufacturing team has moved out of the Bay Area (to Reno) and a lot of customer support happens from Ireland. There are also many seasonal workers employed for the holiday rush.

This makes Zazzle feel much less like a single company and more like two companies. The startup-ish engineering, product, and marketing teams are pretty disconnected from the day-to-day operations work that gets done. Zazzle is not alone in this. Apple, Google, and Microsoft all manufacture things, but their knowledge workers may never set foot in the same country as their builders. The difference is that Zazzle is trying to hold everyone under one company.
Pros
Great People, Nice Offices, Good business model
Cons
Family Business, Understaffed for goals
Slow
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95126April 19, 2018
There is no definite work load for each day so they send workers home most of the time. They are good to their employees though but only to those who have been there longest. New people aren't so important to them,
Fun and Relaxing
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 3, 2018
Printing company already moved from other state, it is a fun job as you met a lot of people but it is a non stop work and you need to be on time and very fast, what i liked about the big manufacturing companies are they are not that strict and also there are free lunches snacks almost every day.
Not too decent
Digital Press Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 18, 2017
The atmosphere when i first walked onto the work site was weary and bleak. The employees looked like they did not want to be there.
Some looked tired and over worked, some looked bored.
My department was fun and exciting and the team members in my department made the job bearable.
Pros
fun atmosphere sometimes, nice break rooms.
Cons
employees loo miserable.
Too stressfull. When you get to work you always think if you are going to get laid off.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 29, 2017
to much gossiping and not enough work. Always feeling uncomfortable.Managers supervisor goofing off with employees they like picking on ones they dont
Pros
Zazzle was in a good part of town.
Cons
Managers goofing off. Making problems for employees they didn't like.
Faced paced company
Production Staff II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 28, 2017
I liked working for this company because the prints department that I worked in by myself was fast paced and there was always something to do because there were certain goals that needed to be reached and I enjoyed the challenge. I like being able to use the commercial grade HP printers to print out posters and wrapping papers. I was able to learn the computer software and programs easily without any supervision once trained. When the shift overlapped with the other shift, it was a great experience working with the other shift as a team.
Easy Work
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 11, 2017
This has been possibly the easiest production job I have had. It is simple, but there is a lot of standing to do. Staff is friendly and you do learn some new and interesting things, but there are some unfair things about this job and that is that I felt we were lied about our hours which made it harder for to get things done outside of work.
Pros
Friendly staff and Easy Work.
Cons
Felt like we got lied to about our hours.
Productive Work space
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 23, 2017
A typical day was clocking in and doing your assigned job. Working at Zazzle I learned how to communicate with others. Also, the workplace culture was friendly and welcoming.
Cons
Short breaks
productive
ptinting (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAMay 28, 2017
sometimes busy, printing and cleaning and canvasing things. the hardest part was the holidays. the most enjoyable was actually making the canvases and framing the photos
Pros
productive and new skill set of makng a convas
Cons
the commute was far
fast paced work enviornment
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 12, 2017
during a typical work day I set up my team with their daily goal and let them know our areas of strength and weakness from the previous day. throughout the day I check in with team members to ensure we are on track to hit goal.
Fast paced environment with lots of room for growth.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2017
You're always moving, with plenty of things to do. You're hardly ever idle. Management is usually on point regarding any issues you have (scheduling, etc.) Regarding schedules, they're often wonky graveyard hours or somewhat normal business-hours.
Pros
Extremely competitive pay.
Cons
They hire through a headhunting service.
Fun and enjoyable
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 12, 2017
TIME MANAGEMENT
need to target the quota everyday
need to run all the machines
hardest part- sometimes you needle stick on the hand because of the machines running too fast
Factory Work
Apparel Printer (Former Employee) –  San JoseJanuary 11, 2017
There weren't many surprises. If you can tolerate the tedium that comes with working in a factory and dealing with printer breakdowns this is the right company for you. Night shifts are available.