ZCorum Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
This place sucks
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAAugust 9, 2018
The work is fine. Taking calls is easy, people get angry but you still do your best to help them. the staff here is very hard to work with. The women are catty and bring alot of drama and stress to the workplace. The environment is toxic.
A good beginning step
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gordon, GAAugust 4, 2018
My work experience at Zcorum has been good. This was my first job and current job. The typical day at work is assisting techs with their troubleshooting questions while they are on the phone with the customers. I also take live calls myself as well. I have learned a lot about the internet and how it works. The management is also good. They are there to help you, with anything. The hardest part is sitting on the phone for 8 hours. Your brain is tired from thinking. The most enjoyable part of my job is that you get to resolve customers issues and that the customers are truly appreciative for your work on resolving their issue.
Low pay. Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gordon, GAJuly 24, 2018
10/hr as a manager. About 8/hr as a tech. They told me I would be making 50,000 a year by my second year, They act like and tread you make good money.
Pros
You have a schedule
Cons
Pay Is awful, and taking time off is a hassle
... Stressful and Decitful Management (Top to Bottom!)
Sales Engineering (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 24, 2017
Unfortunately, Not worth the time nor have enough space to outline this Co's Fractured Culture. ......................................................
Official response from ZCorum
January 31, 2018

We're sorry that you felt this way. Stressful and deceitful are not words that describe ZCorum's work environment or the company's management. Honesty is one of the company's core values. This is taken seriously and applies to all who work at ZCorum, not just management: http://www.zcorum.com/about-us/our-philosophy.

Good first job
Web Programmer (Former Employee) –  Gordon, GADecember 15, 2017
It was a good place to start a career in the IT field. Anything from startup engineering to web programming and technical support. A degree at a 4 year university put me at an advantage in the field. The starting position was telephone technical support and later I migrated to web development.
Pros
Diverse work environment
Cons
Pay was not competitive with the field.
Great Place to Work
INTERNET TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Gordon, GADecember 19, 2016
ZCorum was a great place to work. I learned a lot about troubleshooting internet connection, software, and hardware issues. We worked as a team to resolve customer issues.
Pros
excellent on the job training, manages always giving feedback on your job performance whether good or bad
Cons
pay
Great for a first job
Web Developer / Programmer (Former Employee) –  Gordon, GAJuly 16, 2016
Learned all my Web Development skills there. HTML, PHP, MySQL, and Javascript. Great culture around 2000 with diversity of employees. Managers were great and so were the co-workers. It wasn't particularly hard, we we trained to do customer service for tech support problems we encountered nightly. I already had a Computer Science degree, so I picked up on the programming and web development quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually creating websites and apps.
Good for experience not long term
Level 1 Technician (Former Employee) –  Gordon, GASeptember 11, 2015
I would recommend the position for high school students and someone looking to gain customer service experience. The pay is horrible for a call center so don't expect to make more than $8 starting out. It's pretty much a who you know job so unless youre buddies with management expect to work hard and not be compensated accordingly. There's a lot of childish high school drama that is fueled by management. The hours are flexible to an extent but expect to work most holidays and weekends. The job is overly stressful but if you can put up with the negative vibes you'll be fine. Once you gain the necessary customer service experience you'll be able to land a REAL job elsewhere.
Pros
None.
Cons
Pay, Poor management
Official response from ZCorum
January 31, 2018

Thanks for your comment. ZCorum does provide good opportunities for entry-level positions that can allow employees to develop their skills. Employees who have passion for their job, an excellent attitude and a strong work ethic are rewarded, and the company likes to promote from within when possible. Some who started in an entry level position and stayed with the company have progressed into positions such as network engineers, account management, as well as supervisory and management positions, including vice president.

Friendly and comfortable environment, good for beginners
Level 1 Technician (Current Employee) –  Gordon, GAJune 12, 2015
A typical day at work includes sitting down at a desk, typing in a code to log in to a phone queue, and taking customer calls. I learned how to set up POP3 & IMAP email on email clients, as well as keeping customers satisfied. Management is average, they are very nice and willing to work with you. My co-workers have been very nice people, and I'm extremely lucky to work with them. I'd hate to leave them! The hardest part of the job is dealing with completely rude customers that don't appreciate the service you provide for them, but at the same time the best part is teaching customers how to troubleshoot their connection as well as feeling like you made a difference in their daily lives.

Even if you do not know that much about technology, you will quickly learn as you go. Zcorum is sort of like a third party that signs contacts with ISPs in other states to provide support for them. As a result, you have to memorize a lot of different companies, but you see some more often then others so you become accustomed to them.
Pros
Holiday parties, flexible scheduling, learning on the job, amazing co-workers
Cons
Little training, doesn't even begin to cover the realm of situations you will encounter., Pay is absolutely terrible and would need to move up in the company to gain any real income.
a great start to learn internet connection and troubleshooting
Level I Technician (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAJune 18, 2014
troubleshooting internet connection in a help desk environment, working directly with the customer.
Pros
lerning how to connect large and small netwoks and personal pc
Cons
sitting behind a desk on the phone

Want to know more about ZCorum?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZCorum. Our community is ready to answer.

ZCorum Reviews by Location