Zea Rotisserie & Bar

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

It was okay, just like any other restaurant

Of course every restaurants is going to have issues with management I feel. It was an okay place to work, one of the cleanest restaurants I have worked at.

Understaffed

Because we were so understaffed we had people being overworked which led to burn out and feeling overwhelmed every shift. Other than that, it was an okay working experience.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

understaffed, short breaks

Management was good about working with your availability. I attending school at the time and I never had a time conflict issue with my school schedule.

My favorite part is the people.

I love working as a team to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience. They hire great workers who know how to do a job well done, and the pay doesn’t hurt either.

Pros

50% off, great friends, great money

Cons

breaks can be short occasionally

Fun place but very hypocritical

Was fun to work at but they fired me for doing something i seen the manger was doing, i feel like they should give warning before firing, especially when they constantly tell you how good of a worker you are

Pros

50% off

Cons

Watching you to the point it’s uncomfortable

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

great training but corporate management can be elusive

training is intense and good which helps you succeed. Corporate management is very hands on but feel elusive or make you feel below them. Owners are great

Great company with vision and hunger to grow

This was a great company to work for. They have vision and a hunger to grow. I only wish I was mature enough to realize it at the time. The company truly cares about having a health life balance

Pros

promote from with-in

Great work environment

Hands down the best management team I’ve ever had in any restaurant I’ve worked it. I’ve never seen a GM so helpful. They’re very flexible and will work with you. Clean work environment. Overall great experience.

Pros

Flexible, great staff

Cons

Tips go on paycheck

Managers love substance abuse

Not a good place to work at all. I was a server there and all the other servers including the manager were abusing different substances on the clock. They run a tight ship and there’s a lot of favoritism. If you haven’t been working for the company for at least three years don’t even think about getting good sections

I love working at Zea, but I do not agree with some of the management choices that are made.

I have been working for Zea for more than 2 years now and despite hard work and good customer service, some employees are given more opportunities than others based on favoritism.

Management prioritizes everything before employee well-being

ZEA's rotisserie and bar started as a fun place to work. But the work load slowly increases past previous expectations without any compensation or incentive increase

Wonderful experience!!!

I worked in the restaurant for 15 years and I have to say, it was a great experience. Management is very flexible with scheduling or needing time off, it is very much a family atmosphere at Zea!!

Pros

Employee discounts, lots of flexibility in schedules, team enviroment, Healthcare provided and promotes from within.

Cons

Great company with minor flaws.

Company was great. A lot of hours, raises, and advancement. However, if you aren't able to cover a shift for management their opinion of your work ethic becomes biased.

Management is petty

There is 100% a pack mentality among the veteran servers, and it’s near impossible to befriend anyone. The place reeks of drama. The managers will brag that you’ll make a ton of money and you WON’T. This is a sinking ship, don’t jump on it.

Productive and fair place of business

I loved working at Zea Rotisserie Grill because of flexibility and salary. I lived close to my job where I was able to get to work on time every day. The managers and staff were always easy to work with.

Best Restaurant Company I've Ever Worked For

The culture with Zea cannot be matched. Everyone is basically required to support one another, which is necessary to properly work as a team. You're allowed to ask questions and hold managers accountable if needed. Tattoos aren't an issue in the front or back of the house, unless they're offensive, of course. You're encouraged to be a leader. If you're the type to constantly gripe and make excuses, no one will stand for it. No company is perfect, but this is the closest to a work family I've ever seen!

Pros

Very diverse and open communication

Cons

Hourly server wage should be more

fast paced, great culture

incredible work experience. I managed to work every position over 15 years. Its was hard to leave such an incredible company to work for. unfortunately had to relocate.

Great people and managment!

A wonderful place to work with understanding managers who actually care about you. A flexible schedule and if something comes up they will help as much as they can.

Fun workplace

Great food, makes the front of house job easier. Decent clientele. Relaxed overall vibe that just wants to serve great food and provide great service. Solid college job

They suck unorganized and unprofessional...wouldnt waste my time working for them

I wouldnt waste my time working for them they are unprofessional...and dnt care about no one but there self...no respect or leadership...no care for other employees...and any and everything goes on there...everybody cuthroat...

Pros

No respect or leadership

Cons

Not professional

zea

the overall atmosphere was awesome! you meet a lot of new people and going to work is usually fun but there is a little bit of lack of communication between some employees.

Pros

great people

Cons

lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zea Rotisserie & Bar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Zea Rotisserie & Bar