Zeel Massages on Demand Employee Reviews

Oakland Management Team lack of integrity, profession, human qualities
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  SF, CAMarch 5, 2019
Zeel pays the most generous, has trust and respect to massage therapists.

Since the SF team left the company in early 2018, the new management team in Oakland, CA making Zeel's brand, reputation go south.
Pros
pay very good, 18% gratuity included, little control on therapist, there is trust and respect to therapists then Soothe, (Soothe has a review rating system reflects their little trust and respect to therapists)
Cons
Poor management team in Oakland, Ca
Great Concept, Good Execution, Some drawbacks
Massage Therapist (Independent Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2019
I work for Zeel in Miami and I worked for them in Austin as well. In Austin, it was absolutely fantastic and I attribute that to the field manager. She really did her part and made sure that clients were vetted properly and therapists were taken care of and got plenty of appointments.

Here in Miami, it has not been as good. Appointments are few and far between. I’ve reported clients who have acted inappropriately and yet they’re still allowed to continue booking appointments-placing other therapists at risk. I was told by a manager that they’d do something to help me out since I was victimized and I never heard back from them. It seems like the field office here is not as diligent as it was in Austin but that’s true in many cases here-not a strong work ethic here in Miami.

Some good points: If you rate a client poorly, they do check in to see what the problem was (they just don’t always follow through as I stated earlier.). The pay rate is wonderful but you can’t rely on it because call frequency is low. They keep very good records and make it easy for therapists to access them. Overall, it’s a good supplement. I really wish I could make more money with them because the freedom, pay rate and flexibility can’t be beat!
Pros
Pay rate, flexibility, freedom, good record keeping
Cons
Support staff could be better, frequency of bookings
Nice opportunity to earn supplemental income
Massage Therapist - Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2019
Zeel on demand is a nice way to earn supplemental income. However, they don’t provide massage therapists with enough enough work to make it a part time or full time experience.
Pros
Some paid parking
Cons
Not enough jobs to make it worth while
Zeel is great
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  New York StateDecember 21, 2018
I haven't found the downside to this company. You set & work your schedule. The pay is great. There's no penalty for not picking up services. Everyone I've treated is lovely. I've never had anyone I didn't like.
Pros
great pay, my own schedule, great communication
Cons
Slow over the winter in my area
Great supliment work w potencial for full time
On call portable Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hamptons NYSeptember 13, 2018
You can make your own schedule and pick your own clients. The compensation is good. Varied clientele are all "pre screened". The company is concerned about the safety of the therapist .
Pros
pick up extra work at a good pay.
Cons
Management has become more corperation like, and less personal.
It’s fun less hour to work. Flexible
Massage Therapist - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 2, 2018
It’s Uber to go ,, massage on demand . Very flexible..I open the app when I want to work. I accept the call if I want to work,, but it’s gets slow , because some people don’t know anything about it ,or they get busy with life. Also people request a massage after 8,9 pm which it’s late for me to go out and work ...
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not steady income, carrying heavy table and go to people house sometimes gets too much
Great way to fill in the empty time in your work schedule.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Zeel Massage on Demand is a great, super flexible, way to earn extra money doing massage. As a contractor you are making your own work schedule and can try to work as many or as few hours as you want in a day. The only caveat is that once you have gotten one massage job for the day, they are less likely to give you another unless there are not other therapists available. I have found that even if you are available for the whole day, you typically only get one massage job per day.

You do make a good wage for the time spent doing the massage. But that doesn't account for time getting to or returning from the appointments. It also doesn't compensate for the need to catch a taxi, Lyft, or Uber to get to the hard to park at locations in downtown San Francisco. Nor does it cover the cost for parking at a lot, except in some limited instances where the client offers to cover the parking costs.

Zeel is an ideal situation for a therapists who already have a stable job with benefits, and just wants to make some extra cash in their free time.
Pros
Create your own work schedule
Cons
No structure makes it easy to be lazy
Caring Staff
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2017
Zeel staff really cares about their therapists. Always making sure they are safe by keeping constant contact with them. Pay is great and hours are flexible.
Pros
Flexible hours Great company
Cons
No healthcare
great
LMT (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 13, 2017
i love it! lovely company to work. It is great that I can work how and when i want too. I would reccomend this to any and every massage therapist and the pay is excellent.
Pros
work when you want
Excellent Company!!!
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 16, 2017
It is a reliable company, with managers and dispatchers experts in the work with clients and therapists, management understand any situation and are willing to help you at any time.
The clientele is analyzed for the safety of the therapists and they offer safety and stability in the work.
Pros
Almost all clients have their own table and linens, clients are reliable a d with very good education and standards
Cons
Start up feeling, lacking some support and investment in employees
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
As an operations associate, a typical day feels very long and much more difficult that that of many other employees in other departments. The management of the Operations team is quite scatterbrained and lacks privacy when necessary, such as when scheduling hours happens.
Pros
Monthly happy hour, unlimited PTO, views of the Empire State Building
Cons
Very short breaks if any, salary and benefits could be more competitive
Demanding
MASSAGE THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2017
Great company to work for the pay excellent. Unfortunately their model could make it very difficult to get jobs, and was very competitive. Also the work is unreliable because of that.
Pros
pay, independence
Cons
instability, unreliable, too competitive
Unpredictable
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2017
Zeel is great when you have steady work. The spa block projects are typically the best and most steady form of income. The app is figity and unpredictable, sometimes I bid on everything I can do and they hand me out something I didn't bid on or I can't make in time. The pay is good but sometimes there are annoying periods of them not giving you any work and it's frustrating because you can't talk to the operator.
Pros
good pay, flexible
Cons
terrible app, unpredictable at times, sometimes you don't get work.
Cool jobs
Certified Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2017
Get to meet people from all over the United States or even the World when they are visiting Sunny San Diego and they book a massage through one of these companies.
Pros
Work when I want
Cons
Not that many requests
Great Alternative to Salons and Spas
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19130November 18, 2016
Great to have as a second source of income. You can choose when you want to work and who you want to work with. Great if you're just starting out
Flexible way to earn good money with my skills
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2016
Zeel pays really well, pays quickly, communicates well with their employees and actually cares.
They are really nice and down to earth, while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
Work is at your own discretion. Usually most jobs happen at night and on the weekends.
I enjoy meeting the new clientele and leaving them feeling satisfied.