Zeel

Zeel Employee Reviews

Flexible place to make side cash, unreliable
A great place to make some side cash, but not a reliable source of income for full-time work unless you want to drive all over chasing down hard to get in-home massages.
Great comoany to be apart of
Zeel makes work life convient for its therapist, which is much appreicated. To be able to set your own schedule is ssuper helpful especially if you have a family to attend to.
Zero support for their therapist : nightmare
This company is very odd and nightmare and don’t seem to have any respect or concern for their therapist . They have zero support system against wrongful accusations and lies and unacceptable ratings. They do not seem to resolve any concern or issues of their therapist and failing them badly with any kind or moral support . Very unethical and very wrong

I
Sinking ship
Just don't. The lucky ones got laid off. The rest have hatchets hanging over heads. No respect for work/ life balance unless you're upper management. Tense, scary vibe that makes it hard to focus. Depressing and oppressive. I don't know one person in my department who isn't shopping their resume. Of course, it's almost impossible to get time off to go to interviews.
very supportive
very eficient with providing state of the Art with scheduling appointments and providing information about costumers. it has a good app with basic daily functions.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Lower Pay Same Work just in time for the Holidays
Zeel is already annoying to use with their booking style and payout sometimes almost 2 weeks from the day you preform the massage... in this day and age there is no excuse for that... now they have lowered pay in Chicago. A city that is full of crime, car jackings, and armed robberies. Wow Merry Christmas!! They still say the tip is included... here’s the tip, work for someone else!! No joke
Protest
The pay sucks. They just decrease our pay in NJ totally unfair Because the therapist is doing Majority of the work. We need a raise . I think all therapist should stop working for a day or 2 so they can raise our pay. We need to stick together so they can respect us as therapist.
Sigh
After working for Zeel for almost 2 years, I have to admit that a company I looked up to for how well they treated their therapists is becoming just like any other massage company. Business focused and all about gross income. They increased client cost without warning therapists in the network, a half year later they lowered our pay in the tristate area - NYC - one of the hardest places to find parking and to drive around in - also without warning us. Its a shame. With a 2hr commute into the city, gas/parking tickets/speeding tickets, and each appointment averaging around 2hrs (including 1hr massage, 15min setup and intake, 15min take down, 30min average traveling time and finding parking time) at $115 per appointment, that means I am making around $45 per hour on a weekend.
The communication was always terrible... but I'm sure there is a master 'plan' here to lower the pay even more so the company can see more profit - while we run around like chickens without heads, earning the exact salary every other spa pays. At one time, all the chaos was worth the payout. Not any more.

Also I had three major issues that I reported and someone did call me and give me the run around.

This is the push I needed to start my own local business.
Work for another company
Whenever I respond to a massage request, 99% of the time I don’t land it. “Oh hi, thanks for responding. The request from the client was booked with another therapist.” You can’t even make a living with this app. You can’t even make enough that the IRS will feel sorry for you and say “We would absolutely love to take your money but you barely worked with Zeel and find another job you broke boy.”
Good pay/Terrible communication from corporate
Was fired with no explanation. I was one of many this happened to. Am curious if this company hired new therapists with lower pay. Would never recommend Zeel to anybody.
No longer recommend
As a therapist working with Zeel for the last 4 years, I'm sad to report I can no longer recommend this company to clients or therapists. They used to be very therapist focused and offer great support, but now we can no longer speak to a human being when attempting to contact the company. It can take weeks to resolve problems, if they are addressed at all.

This is unsafe for both therapists and clients, as if an issue arises there is no recourse or communication, and can lead to dangerous and frustrating situations. I recommend finding another option locally.
Worst job ever
Overworked and underplayed. Working 9 hour days 6 days a week and not being compensated for the overtime. They tell you you’ll get unlimited PTO but good luck getting your shift covered now that they’ve fired a third of the company.
They are there for you
Company is immediately available by text through the app if provider has any question or difficulty. Lots of nice customers, no one sketchy. App is easy to use.
Review
Zeel Massage Therapy on Demand is Excellent and Professional. They allow Licensed and Professional Massage Therapists to Earn The Income they Deserve!
its a great company
But you definitely need something on the side, only because its first bid gets the massage unless it's a request. But every one is great to work with.
Sigh
Their system was frustrating. I still don't know how they pick and choose which therapists went to which clients. They also paid differently depending on which borough you were in
Great Pay, Great amount of clients, customer service was trash
Customer service may have improved after I left but at the time, if you needed to get in contact with them like if you can't find the place and client isn't responding, it was hard to get ahold of someone and when you did, SOMETIMES they'd have an attitude. Again, this may have changed and I only worked with them for a few months before going with another mobile massage company. But I would recommend it because of the pay.
Pros
great pay
Cons
customer service
Very happy LMT
I've been with Zeel since they first started in the DC area. I am licensed in DC and Virginia so they keep me busy. Being a contractor, i set my own schedule and have plenty of flexibility. I don't have to fight to take a weekend off if I want! I have been set up as a small business so I'm set up and used to tracking all my expenses (milage, parking, supplies, paying taxes). Pay is very fair for the area. They offer some discounts for supplies, liability insurance and other things. Being a contractor, there are no benefits but that's to be expected. It would be nice if there were more discounts or a way to help us with for vacation savings, health insurance or AFLAC.

Sometimes getting appointments can be competitive but by now my ratings are good (being dependable and many customers giving high ratings) I tend to get as many appointments as I want. I have many repeat clients that are in their membership programs which doesn't require me to take my table (in turn I get paid a little less), this saves my body. Now that Zeel help with short term spa staffing, that's keeping me busy. The app can be flaky at times. Their start/end session on the app ensures safety. I never had an issue with a client but know one therapist that had and Zeel was very responsive (they had somebody pick up her supplies so she could get to safety).
Pros
Great pay, flexible schedule, being your own boss
Be sure to be accept appointments immediately
It's literally a race to accept appointments. Clients are booked to the therapist who accepts the appointment first and you must be ready asap. Outside of that its a pretty cool gig and when you book couples massages you get to network with other equally awesome therapists.
Pros
High Commission
Cons
Most appointments are within the hour. Lots of driving. Competitive booking.
its an independant contract job
they want you to be available and wear a t-shirt with their logo and help promote their company but you are not an employee you are independent and you pay for everything on your own. you provide supplies and transportation and take all the risk and wear and tear to your equipment and body with lil compensation in return. no support by local management team, never met my manger, everything is done by text or through the app. its the uber of massage. This massive company that was the first to enter the mobile massage business but now its not setting a good standard since they have loss quality over the years with bad communication and terrible management. if you get hired and actually get booked a client you will have a lot of things to tolerate from problematic clients to glitches with the app and no communication or slow reply when faced with an issue. they have no real concern for you such as if you are sick and need to cancel an appointment. and no real way to ensure safety when booked alone with certain clients. no sick days or pto. you really are better off making your own business and not working for a major company that doesn’t have your best interest. this company generates millions of dollars off the hard-working therapists and we get no benefits. no pay increase, no real incentives to work except because you love doing massage and need bodies to work on. if you need side money you would be lucky to get booked more than 5 times a week, I averaged about 3 a week in Florida and got more work offers in Virginia, each state seems different with how they handle bookings. - more...
Pros
was flexible not anymore, hard to rely on steady workflow
Cons
management is dissatisfying to continue working with them
Flexible work schedule, but competitive with no benefits
Zeel is a super flexible way to earn extra cash in your free time. It is best if you have another job, as Zeel has no benefits. But it is a great way to earn extra cash in your free time. You are paid well for time worked giving individual massages. But their pay for chair massage is only good if the chair massage gig is over three hours. Since pay is per hour, if it is less than two hours it hardly seems worth it. Especially if it is someplace that has a chair already. Because you are paid less if they have a chair on-site already.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zeel. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Zeel.