Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Job satisfaction
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with professionals who dedicate their life to facilitating and teaching Sailors the effects of stress management. This training definitely makes a difference in the fleet.
Not great place to work
SARC/ FAP Victim Advocate (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCDecember 6, 2017
Although I loved the actual job hated the fact the communication was very poor as was guidance was nil. You must be a strong self paced individual. Dont look at management to assist you with issues or concerns
Pros
Actual job was great, assisting people in need
Cons
On site Supervisors and Headquarter Supervisors
On Demand
On Demand Personal Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 10, 2017
Great company, paid CEU's for Accredited Financial Counselors but the huge downside is that on-demand jobs aren't always available. The three assignments that came up within a reasonable distance I couldn't take because I have another part-time job to keep me financially afloat.
Pros
Pay, Paid CEU's, great training
Cons
On-demand work isn't always available
Great job
Personal Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALNovember 3, 2017
Great job with good benefits, like all contract positions its temporary nature is one of its downfalls. After working with the company for a few years, I have found that in general they are responsive to the needs of their employees.
Contract Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 18, 2017
Interesting work that supports military and their families. Opportunity to learn new skills. Strong teams. Teleworking available. Very good benefits package.
Always remember you work for the lowest bidder
Personal Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 4, 2017
Job advancement does not exist. Management is very untrustworthy. Major ethical issues with this organization at all levels. No guidance. No advancement potential. Very poor communication / prone to misinformation.
MyCAA Program is promoting Fraud
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  TelecommuteSeptember 6, 2017
Don't be fooled. This isn't career counseling; it's making sure corrupt, for-profit schools steal the $4,000 grant given to uneducated military spouses of lower ranked service members. Animal training on-line and client doesn't own an animal. That will be $4000.
Pros
Fellow counselors
Cons
Management; Promoting Fraud; Stealing from Military Spouses
Worked with dedicated coworkers, Learned about the challenges military personnel face.
In-Home Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CASeptember 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with military families, in order to increase their understanding of child development and age appropriate expectations of children.

One of the most difficult aspects of the job was the travel required, in order to meet individual families in their own home environments. The time spent traveling from home to home limited the amount of time to complete mandatory paperwork and documentation of visits.

A typical day at work included preparing lesson plans for visits with individual families, based on the needs of the family and ages of their children. The documentation and entry of reports and statistical data required a great deal of time on a daily basis.

I feel I learned a great deal about the military and the challenges faced by those serving and their families, especially when children are involved. While my gratitude to those individuals knows few, if any limits, I am also aware of the challenges it places on every member of a family, regardless of age.

While employed as a contractor, I found it somewhat difficult reporting to not only civilian program management but also to military personnel and their requirements.
Pros
Dedicated friendly coworkers, meeting and working with families, helping families get needed resources
Cons
Fulfilling the requirements of the position, completing reports in timely manner
Find a Job Elsewhere
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 27, 2017
On the contract that I supported, the management team was inept and had a race relations issue (I.e., white employees received higher wages than black employees, white employees were promoted even if they didn't have the credentials for the positions they were promoted into, large number of black employees were either forced out of the organization, because of being the victim of an increasingly hostile work environment, or because they were targeted by management and wrongfully terminated). Education and experience were not appreciated. Management team was threatened by personnel with advanced degrees and more experience than they had. I do not recommend anyone working for this company if you are a proponent of being in an ethical environment and with working with ethical people.
Cons
Unehical management team, undervalues employees of color, lack of leadership from HR team, worklife balance not afforded to all
Great people to work with
Education Training Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2017
Contract work is unpredictable. When a contract ends, you do not know if you will still be employed. A lot of travel for little compensation. If you like to travel then it is great.
Not Reccomended
Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 18, 2017
Not a company I would reccomend to anyone. Counselors do not get to utilize skills, provide proper services and follow up, or give accurate information to clients without consequences.
Pros
A job that pays money. Provided company equipment.
Cons
Very low salary, poor benefits, juvenile management, questionable ethics
Keeping up the appearance
Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 3, 2017
Due to working on a contract, you must keep up appearances with meeting quotas. It is nerve wrecking for a counseling session to be recorded and evaluated not for the counseling quality but the quality of phrases are used. Management can bully you like you are a 3rd grader in recess. You will be patted on the back or rewarded for all the wrong reasons. Learning a new skill will be out of the question no matter what approach you take.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
being bullied is real.
Corporate Culture
Proposal Writer (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 17, 2017
Wonderful company to work for, They just replaced the CEO and promoted from within. That individual is a good executive and very customer oriented.

In order to replace a significant contract loss they are bidding on a number of government RFPs at the same time. Consequently a staff of 3 people were working on five proposals at the same time with two more looming. Work.life balance suffered as a result with 65 - 70 hour weeks being the norm for almost a full year. However, it was necessary to sustain the company.

The nature of the work is important and the service providers and headquarters staff are a wonderful bunch of professionals.
Pros
Professional, friendly culture
Cons
Work life balance is a problem
Rewarding Job
Personal Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 10, 2017
I provide financial counseling to military families throughout different phases of their military life. You are typically contacted through email for your availability to support an assignment. Assignments can be short-term such as a day or a weekend or longer-term, like 30 days or more.
Pros
Opportunity to travel nationally and internationally
Cons
Assignments are not guaranteed
Nonstop call center environment- IT troubleshooting/ limited career advising
SECO Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 2, 2017
Coworkers are great and very helpful. However everything else is miserable. 90% of the calls is assisting military spouses with IT computer issues. Limited breaks. Unethical academic counseling about the participating schools. Bullying managers.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Everything else
Great staff to work with and wonderful mission
Human Resources Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 25, 2016
Great central location and wonderful people to work with. Organization that is dedicated to leading and not lagging in the government contract industry.
Pros
Cons
Salaries are not competitive
Great mission, poor management
Personal Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMarch 4, 2016
The financial consultant program can provide a very valuable service to the military, but opportunities to serve in this capacity are extremely limited.
After going through hours and hours of training, monthly conference calls and continuing education, on demand Personal Financial Counselors are lucky if they get selected for even one assignment of a few days a year.
Management continues to solicit and hire more and more PFCs (check online) when the existing pool are seldom offered opportunities.
Perhaps if a smaller group of dedicated full timers were employed both the PFCs and customers (our military service members) would be better served. At one point there were full timers, but it seems that now only part timers are hired, perhaps because they do not qualify for any benefits.
Pros
Good mission to serve military servicemembers
Cons
No real opportunity to serve, disinterested management
IT Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 11, 2016
It was a great learning experience for anyone who is pursuing in IT. Everyone was a great to work with and couldn't for better co workers
Pros
non
Cons
non
Horrible
Education Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 5, 2016
This company is a fraudulent company that steals from the government and steals from military. Zeiders abuses their staff. As a telework employee, we are often not able to get up to go to the bathroom, eat lunch. We are constantly berated, our jobs threatened. We are old that we must keep the partners "happy" and are not allowed to give military spouses accurate information regarding the "schools" that market to them - which are not schools at all - these "partners" are designed to take their scholarship giving them noting in return. It was a terrible experience. I was continually bullied by by supervisors and other staff who thought that by my speaking up I was going to ruin their cushy job - "certain" staff who would play the game were rewarded with less work. So if you are as corrupt as Zeiders is, it will be a perfect fit for you!
Pros
telework
Cons
corrupt, no lunch, no time to go to bathroom, pushed to keep vital information secret, violation of professional ethics, constant bulling and harrassment
Professional and Fair Company
CNIC Team (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 15, 2016
Zeiders was one of the best companies I worked for and my experience was very rewarding. No company is perfect, people are not always easy to get along with and there is always room for improvement; but management always strived to ensure the employees and customers were treated fairly and with respect. Having worked with the CNIC Management team, I must say it was a truly amazing experience and I have no regrets. No two days were the same and being flexible and ready to deal with challenges became easy because of the dedication, commitment and professionalism displayed by this awesome team. It was not easy leaving but due to the nature of the business some things cannot be avoided, but nevertheless I would say, the experience was wonderful!
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Advancement