ZEISS Group Employee Reviews

Most challenging and most times rewarding job, very good opportunity
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Trenton, MIOctober 10, 2018
I am a Field Service Engineer installing, servicing & maintaining medical equipment covering a large geographic area.

Owing my own territory and taking care of my customers and their patients is very rewarding.

Grateful for the opportunity and personal experience to challenge myself with amazing instruments that Zeiss develops.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Horrid work culture
TOXIC management, NO leaders
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 29, 2018
The company as a whole had a huge layoff during the spring of 2018 and is pretty unstable. Management is terrible and don’t care about customers or employee empowerment. This was the worst company I’ve ever worked for, or even heard of! Hands down, this is time I wish I had back!
Pros
At market rate pay
Cons
Management, no leadership, no autonomy, cheap company structure
Poor Management
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 13, 2018
Senior management was always in flux and "confused" giving direction without support on how to get there. Just get it done kind of attitude. If a mistake was made they were ready to terminate for minor issues whereas others would make major mistakes and they would be overlooked.
Pros
Benefits, vacation.
Cons
Senior Management
Good company with excellent people working there
Product Specialist, Advanced Imaging Microscopy (Former Employee) –  Thornwood, NYAugust 9, 2018
I think Zeiss USA was a great company, based around technology and helping customers do great work in the lab and the clinic. I enjoyed the people and the work, but in the end it was not what I wanted to do with my career.
Pros
Travel, good people
Cons
Salary was tied to commissions and that was hard for applications specialists such as me.
No future
Sales Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Thornwood, NYOctober 25, 2018
Do not waste anytime applying for this company. There is no advancement and the management might be the worst I have ever seen. They cry poverty but in reality they have built solar panels, a new multi million dollar lab, pay the higher ups, yet do not take care of the everyday people.
An excellent career choice
Manager, Expert systems (Former Employee) –  Remote, North America wide travelOctober 29, 2018
Zeiss is a top-shelf brand with top-shelf people. Management is always waiting to assist but all employees are trusted and given autonomy. Zeiss is an excellent company for a veteran to spread their wings and fly.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Work intensity can be high
Shared responsibilities between Dublin CA and Germany.
Senior Manager of Americas Service Hub (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAOctober 27, 2018
Shared responsibilities between Dublin CA and Germany.
Dotted line reporting to both organizations.

Fast pace, need to keep up.

Products are well respected in the industry.
management ruins company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CA 94568August 8, 2018
worked very hard and long hours, however if you complain about management they get rid of you. they have half of the employees working there as temporary status, this way if they don't agree with your opinion, your gone.
Pros
good money
Cons
management
Clincal Applications Specialist
Clinical Applications Specialist contractor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed the mixture of remote work as well as traveling for the on site trainings. I was able to make my own schedule for the on site trainings. I had an abundance of company meetings that focused on continuing education.
Management extremely poor
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MINovember 22, 2018
Management was very weak in areas of getting things done, support and basic functions. Have no backbone to confront issues and then blames others instead of taking responsibility.
Expectation were very high
Design Lead (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 14, 2018
The amount of hours required tonwork far exceeded a normal work week. Being salary you would think between 40-50 but the expectation was much higher and it definitely cut into family time. People were still waiting to hear if raises were coming 7 months after they are usually awarded. As of today nobody has received word of increases
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Way too many hours expected of employees
Productive workplace with great employees
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 14, 2018
My work experience at Carl Zeiss was very beneficial to my education. In my first summer working there, my skills involving Excel improved through the ongoing help of my coworkers. Carl Zeiss provided a productive and open workplace where I felt comfortable and welcome each and every day.
Pros
Donuts provided on pay day.
Cons
Short breaks provided for interns.
Exiting products, great technology
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CANovember 7, 2018
Great opportunity to learn the Ophthalmology market place. The company moves at a fast pace, extra hours are required. Great and fun people to work with.
A Lot of Disappointed Employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 16, 2018
Zeiss local management is able to blame all problems on the German HQ so it completely lacks accountability. They emphasize the brand and quality but if the Company is not putting the necessary priority (money) into roles and processes that will provide real customer support and sustainable growth it will continue to make empty promises.

The company was doing very well and growing but without putting more into realistic staffing in key roles, Field Service, IT, Data Mgmt, Logistics, Finance, employees are set up to fail. They say customer service is the focus but clearly that is not true for upper management. They also think they are treating employees well but when you do not acknowledge and support the necessary changes you are patronizing and treating employees as numbers only.
Pros
Depends on your role
Cons
Understaffed where it matters
Accounts Payable Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2018
Zeiss has a great benefits and compensation package. A typical day at Zeiss go by very fast as we process a high amount of invoices. The management team keeps an open door policy.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
Could provide more training when starting
Average work
MANAGER OF ORDER ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 3, 2018
Was going through a transition and was not a healthy environment and management was not clear on direction.

People were leaving and direction unclear
Pros
Cloase to home
Cons
Management was not supported
Industry Leader
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Thornwood, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Zeiss has been an industry leader in the field of microscopy and always will be. The have a great research team and are always one step ahead of the competition.
Good German company to work for US divisions still lack employee focus.
Sr. Sales Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAMarch 19, 2018
A typical day is fast paced putting out fires trying to focus on customer satisfaction.
The opportunity to learn is available but the management rarely helps employees to progress in their career.
Talk about job/life balance abounds but this hasn't reached to the US divisions yet.
The most enjoyable part of the job is how the products touch and change peoples lives in a positive way.
Pros
Best products in the medical field
Cons
lack of employee care.
fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 13, 2018
good place to work i loved the people and the managers paid great as long as you was there everday you had your job if i could go back i would and it was very easy
Great people great job
Assembler - electro mechanical devices (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAApril 19, 2018
If I had a chance to go back I would go in a hart beat.Great work life balance.great Co workers every one worked together as a team.I learned a lot of Sub. ASSY. work I learn a hole lot more there.The place is just a great place to work.
Pros
Good food, Good weekly meetings.
Cons
No bennies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZEISS Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about