Zel Technologies Employee Reviews

Laughable
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLJuly 19, 2019
Company will probably delete this negative review. Zel Technologies is a money first, employee second type of company. The site leads or corporate people that all have M-F schedules act like nothing is wrong with their AFSOC PED contract, but the reality is: most contractors leave before they spend a year here. The question that always comes up is why? Perhaps it has something to do with compensation, or the lack of. All the other contracts scale the compensation with the workload, but they haven’t quite figured that out at AFSOC.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay, culture, company pretends problems don’t exist, unfair pay for those that show they can handle extra workload.
Great, Family Oriented Workplace
Systems Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 25, 2019
This company is amazing! To start with the employees who work there are not arrogant or condescending, they very kind and welcoming. The CEO of the company Jack Ezzel is also a representation of the company itself. He loves to give back to the surrounding community in a number of ways such as having himself and his employees volunteer at a local church to feed the homeless. He is a visionary who is always looking ahead towards the future while at the same staying present in the now. The work that is being done at this company is phenomenal from VR and AR to military technology and support, they are helping make our military strong and more efficient, essentially they are saving lives.
Potentially can get better
Intel Analyst (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 12, 2019
The company isn't bad, however the Ft. Gordon location is a miserable, gender bias, double standard dark hole. Main issue is the leadership (i.e. site lead, deputy site lead and the many shift leads they have for 3 shifts). Don't get me wrong site leads try their best, but fail often. They cater to certain individuals, especially their friends. They don't take others serious. Shift leads don't care about those under them. Overall morale in the office is dead. No one takes complaints serious. It's a male dominant office and the females cause all the problems apparently (from the male perspective). Older employees (age wise) are frowned upon. Shift leads talk negative about one another and their employees. Trusting any leadership is hard because of the "friend code" they follow. It's a dog eat dog office. People are out for others positions so they will do and say whatever to make it happen.
Pros
Salary, overall schedule
Cons
No lunch break, micromanage at the finest, horrible leadership
Good work place, difficult hours
Imagery Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 25, 2018
Overall it was a very good company to work for. The schedule was a little difficult to adjust to (modified panama schedule), and the hours were long. For me this was not a huge issue, but if you have children I could see the schedule being very inconvenient. They give you the ability to move up in certifications, but there is not a pay raise with each one. The management in my opinion was very easy to work with, but sometimes there was miscommunication between the "contracting side" and the "Air Force side".
Pros
pays well, gives very good experience
Cons
odd hours
Excellent entry level
Imagery Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field afbNovember 12, 2018
Was given the opportunity to work with team Zel Technologies in support of AFSOC. Company health insurance required an overhaul which happened after some time. Plenty of opportunity to advance in the company. Tuition assistance. Paid time off.
Pros
Good internal communication with necessary information.
ZelTech
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 9, 2018
It was a great place to work and everyone was great. Job ended due to defense training budget being cut (Sequestration) I would go back to work with them gladly if it was requested
Negative experience
Counter-UAS Lead for JIDO J8 (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 21, 2018
Poorly managed, micro-managed, did not provide clear expectations. Little management support. Some positions required little and it seems employees mostly just hung out, while others were over-worked. Direct supervisor had a bias against women.
Productive and career enhancing working envirnment
Systems Integrator & Technical Integrator (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VAApril 8, 2018
I would recommend Zeltech to my family & friends. The pay is very competitive and the managers care enough to reach out to all employees. Excellent benefits as well.
Pros
Pay, bennefits, and management
Cons
high expectations, many responsibilities
Avoid the cape!
Embedded Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Zel as a company is not bad. The Cape branch, however, is a sucking chest wound. One year contracts mean employment is tenuous at best. There is no software development or systems engineering procedure to speak of what so ever. Government will ask employees to "volunteer" in cases of damage to facility (hurricane), and require company workers to "check in" in cases of emergency as if they were government employees. This would not be much of an issue if it the SETA contractors weren't treated like dirt by the Government people, or sent off constructive change alarms. Healthcare benefits are pretty poor. Contractor Coworkers are nice people. Leadership is short sighted, clueless, and more than willing to throw you under the bus. Most people who know whats going on will get out if transferred to the Cape facility.
Pros
Good location, decent pay, friendly coworkers, interesting work
Cons
Leadership is the most poisonous I have ever seen
Working for the customer!
Project Manager / Architect (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 13, 2017
At my job with Zeltech, I was physically located in the customer's facility, and worked solely with the customer all day, every day. That said, whenever I needed anything, Zeltech was a simple phone call away. A phone call that addressed my problem, and didn't push them off until later or when it was more convenient for them.
Good opportunities but detached
Laboratory Supply Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 8, 2017
Zel technologies has great benefits and as far as my office goes, our PM is amazing! The benefits package and other programs offered such as cheap legal service on retainer is a plus for added security. The only thing Zel Tech needs to work on is keeping its personnel scattered across the world more connected or at least in its own local division. I would definitely recommend my friends and family to work for this company.
Pros
Retirement, medical packages
Cons
short vacation, disconnected
SOF PED analyst
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLJune 20, 2017
An interesting job in interesting times. Although it can vary to multiple degrees of pace, there are many opportunities to work in an immersive environment where 12.5 hours shifts fly by due to mission tempo and production activity required to support operations. You will have the opportunity to work with contractors from various backgrounds (Ints, Services, Experience levels), military and government civilians. You will have chances to learn and mentor analysts, network (small community) and even possibly transition to a government civilian role if that is your goal.
Pros
mission, company values, leadership team (most of them)
Cons
there is some disparity between the military and contractors, due to some inexperience or non-engaged military leaders
Rewarding position
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLJune 19, 2017
I have worked with four contracting companies and ZelTech has been the best in regards to employee recognition. Spot bonuses, out of cycle promotions/raises, and employee of the month/year awards are a few tools I have seen them use. The mission can be face paced, but the work is interesting and the location for fun outside of work is hard to beat if you like the beach and salt water fishing.
Pros
Employee performance recognition programs, promotion from within opportunities, transparent leadership team
Cons
Although some are very good, most military co-workers could be more invested in the mission and support training better
Excellent Company
Digital Signal Processor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 14, 2017
This is an excellent company to work for. I am very happy with their leadership and their care for their employees. They work hard and hired highly competent professionals.
Pros
Many long-term employees
Cons
Some projects on the cutting board by the government.
Good step
Full-Motion Video Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLMay 9, 2017
It's a good beginning company to work for in Intel.
The benefits are nice, shift work will always be hard. Company is really reliable and open to new ideas.
Great place to grow as an Analyst
FMV Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLMay 5, 2017
Plenty of methods to grow. You can "level-up" into tiered positions once you meet the requirement, you can earn additional PED qualifications, you can also grow through the management team. There are parallel efforts such as the Fusion Cell and the Staff work that is also on this contract that you can migrate to if you have the right qualifications and experience, some of which you can learn here. If you apply yourself it will be hard to become stagnant.
Pros
Benefits are better than other companies doing the same work
Cons
The maturity level of the Airmen you may work with can be annoying at times
poor benefits
Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLApril 8, 2017
No room for growth I suggest that if you do get hired by this company. That you keep your resume public so you always have options. I was ready to leave this place in under a month
June 20, 2017

If you were ready to leave this place in under a month, not even enough time to earn your first technical qualification, then you are probably not a good fit to support the mission and be a part of our team. It is an unrealistic for anyone who applies to the SOF PED work at Hurlburt Field to expect immediate growth as there is a training and qualification requirement for employment. We use a promotion from within policy for anyone that meets the next analyst level requirements, which are clearly outlined to any new hire candidate, and each step requires the analyst to take on additional responsibilities commensurate to the position. Our PM and Recruiters are completely forthcoming on the position, opportunities for growth (which there are an abundant avenues for advancement), and the work place. I suggest that anyone who is applying take advantage of our recruitment team's frankness and recent experience working the mission when asking questions about the work and company.

Not Bad.
Imagery Intelligence Analyst Level II (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLApril 3, 2017
The days are long, but working with the group I do, it seems to pass by at a moderate pace. The workplace has a good flow to it, however, it is held back by the fact of low morale.
June 20, 2017

ZelTech takes every effort to solicit feedback for improvement to include anonymous suggestion boxes, surveys and town hall meetings. We also hope that any morale issues are brought up to the leadership team, using the chain of command in place, until a resolution or response is received. Bottom-line we want the best morale possible, however, the only way this can be achieved is for employees to take advantage of our communication channels so that we can become aware. We also appreciate anyone who also suggests a solution when identifying any challenges. If you have any specific feedback that may identify the underlying morale issue and suggestions for improvement please bring it up to our management team. I also have an open door policy (Christopher Brewer, Director ISR Programs-christopher.brewer@zeltech.com), but I would appreciate it if you give your immediate team leads the opportunity to fix.

Great Opportunity to do meaningful work and learn SOF ISR PED Analyst Tradecraft
SOF PED Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLDecember 13, 2016
-Wide range of Analysts on staff from different service and intelligence backgrounds to learn from
-You see a variety of mission sets and tempos that can vary from day to day--great opportunities to get qualify in multiple positions, become a trainer/evaluator, move laterally into other analytical positions (for example going from 1st phase analysis to more 1.5 to 2nd phase or become a Staff Action Officer)
-Opportunities for advancement in the management chain or as a higher level Analyst plus any kind of advancement is compensated
-Management can vary from team to team but for the most part they are professional and experienced analysts--higher managers have worked hard to morph benefits and compensation to improve employee well being despite the cost sensitive environment
-Higher Management at the PMO level have experience working as Analysts at this location so understands the work environment and stresses involved--willing to work with employees to alleviate personal stresses or issues if they are informed (Do have an open door policy but requests utilization of the management chain to not cut their legs out from under them)
Pros
401k matching, Vision, Dental, Healthcare (Healthcare Cost has drastically decreased), tuition assistance, professional certification reimbursement, legal assistance, employee recognition programs
Cons
Rotate between nights and days every three months
Great team and mission to support
Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLSeptember 19, 2016
This is hands down the best mission set I have supported as an Intelligence Analyst. I have also had the opportunity to work with folks on this contract from a large spectrum of backgrounds and experience which has allowed me to learn many things outside of my past experience. The management team is great and promoting folks from within, versus externally hiring and there are several recognition/bonus programs in place to reward the top performers.
Pros
work schedule, floating holidays, 401k matching, Military Leave, Dental, Vision, Education Assistance
Cons
Healthcare prices are high
May 1, 2017

Healthcare prices greatly improved Jan 2017 as promised by leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zel Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.