Zen Massage Employee Reviews

Shady
Massage Therapist - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 26, 2018
I was hired and put to work that day. I gave the manager A massage then A client and was ask to come in A couple of hours for another one but then it was cancelled and was told to come next day at 3pm for A massage and that one was cancelled.
I have identity guard and was notified of of inquiry and was surprised by that. I asked Jo at Zen spa if he had done the inquiry by text he didn't answer me and never contacted me for anymore massages. So I texted him again and ask him to mail my check, still no reply of any kind.
Beware of this place something very fishy about it.
They didn't have my permission to run A credit inquiry, and your an independent contractor there so why would they.
VERY RUDE TO BLOW ME OFF.
I have been in this business 16 years and never had this happen.
Great place to work!
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 2, 2018
Zen was a great place to work! I enjoyed working there, all employees got a long and made it a fun place to be each day. The management were wonderful people to work for. I only left because I needed something with medical benefits, but all in all I would definitely recommend Zen.
Fun, relaxing place to work
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 8, 2018
The job was a dream. Owners and managers were the greatest, super helpful. You definitely feel like a family member and not just an independent contractor.
Pros
Creating your own schedule. Working at your own pace
Cons
N/a
Perfect place for wokring in a calm enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66215April 19, 2017
Loved working here. I was aknowledged for my hard work and moved up to store management. The employees are great and i loved building relationships with the clients. IF you want a career in the spa industry, this is the place.
Poor Management
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMarch 24, 2017
I was given contraindication client after another even after I said to not give me clients that didn't want to do their part in bettering themselves. I got burned out due to them not building me up gradually to handle six massages per setting.
Room for improvement, lack of leadership, poor moral
Front Desk Receptionist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAMarch 20, 2017
Much room for improvement Both in staff and in cosmetic appeal. Services provided are generally amazing and up to standard, but behind the scenes company moral and management are lacking. Over all care for the center needs attention. Missing leadership, lack of discipline and no reward system in place for staff/employees. Lack of cleanliness over the entire Center.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Little to no breaks, no holiday pay
A Fun and productive work environment
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 12, 2016
A typical day at Zen: I walk in and see what rooms are available. I check with the Receptionist to see how my day booked usually I am fully booked when I walk in. I set up my room and visit with my coworkers until my clients arrive. I have learned a lot about the ins and outs of the massage business. Such as peak seasons, peak times to book (usually nights and weekends) even what the receptionist do behind the scenes. My managers are helpful and accommodating and my co workers are friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is the slow season and sometimes having to wait to get booked. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my clients and the new challenges each brings to the table.
Pros
Flexible hours, creating my own schedule
Cons
no paid vacation, or sick leave
Friendly but not busy
Massage Therapist - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAOctober 9, 2016
This place is based on independent contractor terms. Sometimes it works well for some, but in my case, it did not. The location is unknown to many people. More than 60% of my clients that were booked had no idea where the location was or even existed. You had to get your own clients because there were hardly any calls. The people I worked with were very pleasant to be around.
Pros
Make your own schedule, friendly, free will over clients
Cons
Slow, hardly busy, location hidden
No business. Owners do not advertise
Lmt (Former Employee) –  UsaFebruary 16, 2016
Owners do not advertise business. Not enough clients. Business slow and they keep on hiring???
Front desk inexperienced.
Good company to work at for beginner therapist
LMBT #11129 (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 31, 2015
Zen is a good company for beginner therapist. Its a great place to learn the ropes of massage. The therapist are great to work with.
Pros
Helps you learn the ropes in massage
Cons
Not busy enough and too many therapist
It was a young company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 5, 2015
I came to Zen when it was just two rooms in the Olympus Cove area of Salt Lake City. While there we increased business enough to expand to a second location in Murray. Along side the owner I designed and built the new location. Afterwards, I managed the location and trained new therapists.

All in all, it was a good place to work.
It was a good job
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 2, 2015
It was a good place to work just not enough hours or clientele. I am looking for the right company to work for that has teaching as well as benefits.
Pros
great experience
Cons
not enough clientele