Zendesk

Zendesk Employee Reviews

United States29 reviews
I worked on every kind of metal or any kind of roof. I am smart, dedicated, heathy, very hard working. Me and one other man built a roof for a large Shopping area from the ground ups. It is in Waynesboro, Va.
Pros
Hard working, dedication healthy experienced getting along with others intelligence.
Cons
This is the first company where I have seen so many management layers for a "start-up" - Worker bees get lost under these thick layer of management and just few months into the company, I can now understand the high attrition rate.
Pros
snacks
Cons
poor management
I work as an analyst. This is one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Lots of learning opportunities, people are very smart and inspiring. Casual work environment, weekly happy hours, free coffee and snacks, free monthly bart/muni pass.
Company has great culture and great people. With the rate of growth, the company is experiencing some growing pains. Management is good depending upon what team.
The customers carry the brand - they love it! And that makes it a really great product to work on. My co-workers were terrific and I would still be there if we didn't love.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Zendesk has a great work-life balance however it some times feels chaotic with little direction. I learned a lot during my time as Zendesk but I'm looking for another place to learn and grow.
If you like the stick in the mud, molasses-y, sprinkled with a good dose of siloed politics, this is the company for you. When you join the company, there is a full jug of that startupland kool-aid waiting for you, which you will chug down, no doubt. If you are joining the IT, specifically the Enterprise Data group, my best advice is... don't! You probably have better things to do, such as riding the BART aimlessly, staring at the ceiling contemplating the meaning of life, Netflix marathons, or anything else for that matter, all of which are worth your time than working here. The level of incompetence at the senior management level who think they can run an engineering dept with no engineering management background is appalling, to say the least. My advice, life is short, spend it better!
Workplace was good but poor middle managers that did not know systems they managed. They had pre-conceived ideas on how the tools should run and did not recognize my area of work.
Pros
innovative company
Cons
location of office very unsafe
Zendesk is a fun place to work. The technology is innovative and the product is interesting and provides value. It is showing signs of office politics but not too bad.
It's simply put, Zendesk is a wonderful place to work. A typical day for me would be building apps as proof of concept for customers. I've learned so much about developing relationships with customers while still maintaining a support mentality.

The culture at Zendesk is beyond fantastic. Everyone comes to work with the mindset of how can "we" better assist the customer. Team work all around.

The hardest part of the job is just staying up to date with all the massive changes. However, you do have the ability to reach out to several departments for assistance if required.

As for the most enjoyable part of the job, building connections and being able to support a product you fully appreciate.
Pros
The benefits and the work/life balance
Cons
To be honest, as long as you come to have fun and do your job - life is good :)
Engaging and challenging work environment, balanced with a true focus on customer success and, internally, on employees and ensuring we do the best work of our lives.
Zendesk values it's employees and they will go to great lengths to ensure employees are happy. Everyone works as a team to help grow the company & to reach its fullest potential.
As an engineer, there is something for everyone here. Technically interesting work is hard to miss. The people are awesome and have a great attitude. There are high performance expectations, but *not* by sacrificing work-life balance. It's a global company and video conference meetings are common. Zendesk is not a place to be sleepy, it's a lively work environment.
Pros
Fun, benefits, great people
Cons
Open office
If you're looking for a fun place to work, an easy work/life balance, and free lunches, Zendesk is the place for you. Overall their friendly, charitable culture is very successful and they are passionate about both the community and their employees.

However, there is a lack of communication across teams and egos involved.
This is a great place to work. Great culture and people. It's also changing quickly to meet the goal of being a $1bn company by 2020. Emphasis has shifted, understandably, to the bottom line. New leadership touts transparency but doesn't follow through. Sales goals keep rising, and product teams keep delivering, but support suffers.
Pros
So many perks
Cons
Unlimited time off isn't really unlimited, you end up not taking as much than if you had a set amount of days available.
Dealing with an international company can be challenging. With offices worldwide, we would have meetings at odd hours. The team was very supportive. We worked together to deal with crises as they came up.
Pros
Working in any location
Cons
Hard to make friends.
This is a great place to work and the people are great. Ive had opportunities to work with lots of interesting and great people that are very driven and care about the company
Great place to work! Good culture, work hard play hard mentality, smart people, upward opportunity for growth, great leadership that care about your future.
Pros: Fantastic product and support. Innovation is great. Good CEO (that seems to not be calling the shots with what is happening on the sales side)

Cons: New leadership in Sales is atrocious. It's "what have you done for me lately", poor job security. Very little upward mobility as new managers are hiring more of their friends from previous jobs or poaching from existing competitors. Territories keep getting smaller and smaller. AEs wear too many hats, are stretched too thin and there are some greenfield markets that need more brand awareness.
Zendesk is great for a starter position or someone who is project driven. Not much flexibility with taking ownership or making decisions on your own. Great culture and diverse.
Pros
office environment, food, swag
Cons
lots of road blocks, needs stronger management
There is a lot of talk about transparency and yet decisions are made in a vacuum at the C level and the why is rarely shared.

We have a reorg every 6 months or so and none of them seem to work.

People who have been around for a long time get treated differently then those who are most recent hires.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Favoritism, homogenous, too many reorgs
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zendesk. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Zendesk.