Zenefits Employee Reviews

You will learn a ton
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 20, 2018
Support new CEO . A lot of good changes but Management needs to change. I learned so much and really enjoy my colleagues. Very smart people. The constant change can be extremely exhausting and cause of burnout.
Overall experience
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 30, 2018
I would not recommend Zenefits to anyone I know. There was no work life balances. Training was not beneficial. The company seemed to be biting off more than they could chew. There was no employee retention.
Innovative and Quick pace Environment
Chat/Premium/Triage Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 4, 2018
Management is very receptive and empathetic to your work day and is always accommodating. The company strives to be transparent in their practice and decision making.

Pay is competitive and benefits are really good. Generally, pay raises are given quarterly based off your performance. Additionally, they have a fully stocked kitchen, catered lunch each day, exceptional time off policies, and great benefits.

The opportunities for advancement are high right now, however, every job requires you to be behind a computer all day. The atmosphere is very free for you to take ownership of issues if you have the capacity to do so.
Great experience working for a fast growing startup
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 22, 2018
I’ve had some amazing leadership opportunities here. I thoroughly enjoyed mentoring, leading and training millennials.
Having direct access and reporting responsibility to the C-Suite was also invigorating.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
None to speak of
Best Job I Ever Had!
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 21, 2018
I worked in Client Support back in 2016. Unfortunately I was laid off during the restructuring in Feb 2017. Despite being laid off I feel we were very much taken care of (3 months of pay and COBRA coverage) and Zenefits is still to this day the best employer I've ever had!
Pros
Stocked Kitchen, Supportive Management, Culture
No comment
Strategic Benefits Strategist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 27, 2018
They're good about making sure you don't say anything about them after you leave! Purely writing this sentence to satisfy the 150 minimum character requirement I can't seem to avoid skipping.
Not a great place to work
Fullfillment (Former Employee) –  TempeMarch 15, 2018
They play favorites here more than anything. It comes down to being the most charismatic, not the hardest working. They outsource a lot of their jobs to countries like the Philippines and do massive layoffs at least once or twice a year.
Pros
Free food
Growing Start Up
Payroll Tax Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 30, 2018
I am currently a long time contractor with this company an love the culture. However, because it is a start up the company is not as stable as I am use to.
Pros
Free lunch everyday
It's aight
Broker's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 3, 2018
The atmosphere is fairly relaxed, but things are constantly changing, and everyone is a little confused about what they're doing. Also, I was a temp, so I didn't have the same benefits and compensation as everyone else
Fun job - too much drama
Broker Services (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 5, 2017
Love the job itself and a lot of the people I work with. But man the drama is out of this world. Too high school like. Pay was decent. Free catered lunches, beer and coffee on tap and all the snacks your head could dream of.

Want to know more about Zenefits?

Ask a question
I loved working there - but the negatives ended up outweighing the positives
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 3, 2017
I really did love my role at Zenefits. The only problem is that they're a start-up and have a history of laying off tons of people whenever they feel like it. I unfortunately was one of these people. It's happened about 3-4 times now where they "re-structure" their company and get rid of 500 employees at a time. I just think they don't really know what they're doing and are trying to figure it out. Don't get me wrong, I really loved the work environment and my team, but it's hard to make a permanent career there when they are laying off people left and right.
Pros
Free lunches, fun company events!
Cons
not stable
Great company to work for
Broker Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 25, 2017
Everyone is helpful, it's a relaxed environment and you can pretty much work at your own pace as long as you're getting things done. They're also willing to work with your schedule to keep a good work/life balance.
Great job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  1732 west franklinAugust 29, 2017
Love to work and be excited to complete a project. I do my best at whatever job I have. The job is so exciting to come to every morning knowing you have a job and an income coming biweekly.
Sinking Ship
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 15, 2017
Poor decision making and management at the executive level. No guidance or development for both individual contributors and managers (first time and experienced managers). Culture is the hardest thing to change and the biggest challenge this company faces.
Zenefits is fun!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Maricopa County, AZJuly 29, 2017
While you work here, you'll experience many ups and downs. The job itself is a downer :( but the people that work here are FUN! They help make the bad days go by quickly, and the good days a true laugh worthy situation. However, the job itself really sucks and multiple bad days in a row leave you wondering about the timid management structure of Zenefits- there are issues starting with above here. The managers don't know how to adequately address and assist the customer issues, since the product is faulty inherently.
Pros
Free lunches, unlimited paid time off, fun coworkers, positive atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, no help from above, confused management
Different company now
SMB Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2017
I can't really speak to the company as it stands. I worked there when it was a small startup, and while it was a ton of work, we got paid very well, and the team was fantastic.
Pros
great product
Cons
rencent management changes
I got in right before the layoffs
HR & BENEFITS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2017
I loved Zenefits. I would still work there if the layoffs didn't happen. That being said, I loved the layoffs and can't thank them enough for paying me so well.
Productive work place with good culture.
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2017
Zenefits is a great place to work. The company culture is very good and the hours are flexible. Co-workers are very friendly and supportive. The work here is interesting and challenging. However, the company has poor job security and is unstable. There are frequent CEO swaps. I signed a full time offer after my 8 month internship only to have the offer rescinded 3 months later when a new CEO was hired.
Fun yet chaotic environment
Client Support Associate- Insurance (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 30, 2017
Zenefits was both the most stressful and fun jobs of my career. The work was ever-changing, answers were not documented and it was your job to do so. The culture was very much that of a startup, which both fun and exhausting. 60-hour workweeks were not unheard-of in the beginning. I understand its improved since then.
Pros
Free snacks, lunches, social activities, pay
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance
Startup constantly reshuffling
Implementation Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 22, 2017
Zenefits has a stong platform and UI however shifts leadership and gears too frequently and does not provide the necessary infrastructure, training, or support to current staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zenefits. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight