Zenith American Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stay Away
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15222May 24, 2018
If you want a job where you can talk all day, or sleep at your desk, or online shop, or do a half-hearted job, the accounting department in Pittsburgh is the place to be. Your trainer is everyone in the department; the managers never answer questions (usually they don't know the answer). They laugh when they loose clients; only a few provide true customer service. The benefits are horrible. They don't promote from within. No help with parking or busing. Can't work from home, but the managers can. Oh, and they expect there accountants to answer the phone.
Pros
Four Day Work Week
Cons
Healthcare, Management, No matching retirement, Poor salary
Zenith provides very professional administrative services for it's clients
Trust Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAMay 14, 2018
I was with Zenith for just over a year with responsibilities to transition ATPA's largest client following the close of ATPA.
Zenith is a very professional organization with an outlook to provide great service to it's clients. I did not stay with Zenith as it would have meant a move to the accounting office in Seattle,
The management staff was good to work with; they were very accommodating in learning new requirements while also working to maintain and complete deadlines.
I did notice there was quite a bit of turnover, though they were in other departments so not sure of the reason.
Pros
Good management staff
Cons
Union office workers, so there are some restrictions on flexabilities
Okay place to work
Sr. Accounts Control Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 10, 2018
People were nice. Schedule was way too rigid. I have some health issues and it was an issue for me to even attend a doctor appt. The atmosphere wasn't one where co-workers were close.
Zenith was not honest about loosing the contract
Claims Processor II (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 24, 2018
It was a total shock to be secure in a job. OnE day to walk in and find out that you'll be unemployed within less than a month was devastating. Simply because we were informed that the contract that we were employed under would be extended atleast for am additional year.
Pros
Quiet work environment, simple dress code
Cons
Poor communication from management, horrible training
The Manager is what made the office.
Payroll Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 23, 2018
This was a fast-paced position. It allowed me to travel the country, however; the travel was always solo and this led to loneliness, during the week. The management of this company is what sells the job.
Pros
Cons
Lost the contract.
Stay Away
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNApril 16, 2018
The work itself is fine. Taking incoming calls from union members and answering account , eligibility, HRA, claims, and like type of questions. Calls from providers for benefits and claims resolutions
Pros
The pay is good. Not a hard job.
Cons
Management not supportive. Micro managing by district supervisor. Extremely high deductible.
misery loves company
Benefit Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2018
if you want to hear profanity and door slamming this is job for you. If your a smoker welcome you work outside smoking and do nothing while non smokers carry all the load
Good casual feeling place to work
Help Desk Technician/Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 7, 2018
I loved working as a user support specialist on the help desk and resolving all kinds of Windows 7, Server, XP, laptop telecommuter, PC Desktop and networking issues both locally and remotely and users computers and desktop. I found all departments respectful and helpful in assisting me in answering questions posed to them in assisting them to resolve their issues quickly and friendly.

I loved the feeling of having help desk tickets assigned directly to me and even ask for my assistance by name. Or calling me directly at my extension. All in all working at Zenith was very good experience.
Pros
Casual clothing allowed
Cons
Too many management changes and too many managers telling you what to do.
Steady work for steady pay
MAIL CLERK (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 31, 2018
Zenith is a 3rd party insurance company so it's setup like a call center. Some days would be very quick paced and a little hectic, while other days can be laid back and quite. There is a good, steady balance when it comes to workflow and is a M-F gig.
Varied Work Culture
Client Service Executive (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 22, 2018
Zenith-Amrerican Solutions has gone through a number of incarnations over the past ten years. Repeatedly bought, sold and merged, the company seems to be in a period of flux. Senior Management is a parade of new Vice Presidents.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Constantly changing vision which creates a culture of fear and uncertantiy.
Zenith Is a Great Place to work
Health and Welfare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJanuary 14, 2018
Zenith was a great place to work and I really enjoyed my time there. Management knows what they are doing and do a wonderful job at executing it. I was sad to leave. The hardest part of the job was making sure the members were happy and had their health insurance. But this was also the best part of the job! Helping people. The culture is great, a lot of hard-working people but they were enjoying life and their jobs. A lot of positive family feelings and a very warm place to work.
fast paced with room for advancement. most days fly by because you are too busy to look at the clock.
Contribution Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJanuary 10, 2018
Zenith American has a lot of room for advancement. The days are very fast paced and you must be able to multi task and switch gears at the drop of a hat. The one negative thing I would say is there is little to no training for any of the positions in the company and you really cant count on management either because they dont know the day to day going on's in the office or they are too busy to help if they do have the knowledge.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no training
Work can always be done.
Pension Auditor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 29, 2017
I consistently have work to do. Sometimes it can be the same job repeatedly, but other jobs need done as well. I have learned different pension, annuity and 401(k) procedures. Everyone is very kind here. The hardest job is keeping focused because the work done can seem repetitive. The nicest part of the job is working with people who all want the same thing, which is to help the client.
Pros
Good people, pto, job security
Cons
Large work load, low pay
Stressful but satisfying
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNNovember 27, 2017
Zenith is a good company to work for. Great pay and benefits. Friendly atmosphere. It is a smaller company so you get to know your fellow employees. It feels homier than a big corporate center.
Pros
Pto, 401K, health benefits
Cons
only one 30 min. break, stressful call center role
enjoyable
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Zenith and made lots of friends. Its a friendly atmosphere and a great place to work. Very diverse in culture and a fair and balanced workplace
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
got laid off
Beware the Applicant! You don't want to work at ZAS
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 5, 2017
Management wasn't accessible to their team members for escalated concerns by client customers. Chronic absenteeism as team members are always dealing with problem issues on key client accounts. Very little training. Just don't apply. You'll be glad you didn't.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, Overworked, Poor Management
Open Management
Client Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJOctober 11, 2017
Senior level execs open to recommendations from folks at all levels. Everyone working on a first name basis.

Lots of offices. Lots of opportunity.
Sad bitter place
Benefit Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 27, 2017
Lil company got eaten up by huge company. Managers screamed and swore at employees such lack of respect and consideration. Workplace culture worst I ever worked
Claims examiner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2017
I rather not say anything good or bad. Medical field is a small world you neve know who you going to run into.
I learned a lot
met good people.
My Boss i nice
Good health benefits
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Run far away!!
Customer Service Trainer/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 21, 2017
Awful company. Low pay with growing list of responsibilities. Very poor management.

This company will kill you if you let it. There is absolutely nothing positive that I can say about this organization which is unfortunate but honest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zenith American Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight