Zenith American Solutions
Happiness rating is 50 out of 100

Zenith American Solutions Employee Reviews

It was an interesting place to work and provide a different light of accounting. Had it good and bad. Accounts where sometimes hard to follow and made the job more difficult.
This company had a pretty good work life balance. Middle management tried to help but the problem was with all of the changes corporate trying to make universal changes that did not fit all situations. Overall it was a good experience but when the layoff happed it was not very professional.
Pros
Good work life balance, time off
Cons
Large company almost to large trying to make different offices through the US universal
The benefits were a plus but the chaos, disorganization, and lack of communication has is to much. Benefits were never clear and when you quoted them some way some how claims were paid differently. You could never get an adjuster to help. There was no follow up and management could careless about how a call was handled,
Pros
Paid benefits
Cons
Chaos, disorganized, lack empathy for their members and employees
The company is committed to accuracy and excellence, but the IT solutions could be more robust. Suggestions for more substantial change doesn't go far, but production is welcomed and encouraged despite that.
Pros
Work from home allowed less interrupted production despite mail delays beyond their control.
Cons
There could me much greater examinations for current best practices for documents, etc.
Zenith in Pittsburgh is all based on favoritism. It doesn't matter if you are a hard worker,come in on time, and take on extra work. They will give the promotion or be more lenient towards the person they favor. Most of the employees that work there are friends or family. It is all hushed up however.There is a low percentage off people that are hired off the street. The ones that are hired off the street are treated poorly. I would only take this job if you have to and have no other choice. Please Beware.. The systems they use are very old and outdated. The computers are old and outdated. It is always putting a fire out and a constant stressive state. They stopped matching 401K's during the pandemic to make matters even worse.
Pros
Its on the bus line
Cons
bad atmosphere, people, outdated programming, bad benefits.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
● Work-life balanceToo many supervisors involved. Not helpful. No training skills. Lack of communication. To much work for little pay. Stressful environment.● Pay & benefitsBenefits was great. Not enough pay● Job security and advancementThey didn’t allow growth other than certain people.● ManagementManager always looking for all your wrongs instead of all you do● CultureYou could work remotely but at their convenience and conditions● OverallThis is a very stressful place to work and most coworkers are not friendly or helpful. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone! Managers always looking for someone to use and abuse.
All leadership have lunch together and will discuss your personal business to other team members, causing a good employee to quit. Your jobs are threatened daily and you are faced with age discrimination and nothing is done about it. HR was notified and still nothing was done, we were hit with retaliation time after time and still no help. When I reached out to the Union Rep, he never returned my calls, so you just stuck with defending yourself and hoping you will keep your job. The leadership team which is all supervisors and managers will lie and tell upper management work is completed, and then come back to you to ask to work over to get it done. When you don’t meet deadline they put the blame on you and then transfer your work to someone else. The employees work hard daily and they continue to put more work on you knowing it can not get done in 8 hours. They are very short staffed, and will not hire anyone unless someone leaves. The job is very stressful and you leave with a headache daily. The CEO needs to come down and clean house because of all the wrong doing leadership are doing. Age Discrimination is against the law and I’m not sure how they’re able to get away with it. They can’t keep anyone in Contribution Accounting, they all leave due to leadership team at that office. The Customer Service department are dealing with the same problems, they write you up so you can’t transfer to another department. Discrimination against pregnant lady, her supervisor refused her three doctors appointments and she was high risk. What did HR do about it, nothing. The need to investigate - more...
Pros
Good benefits and great co-workers.
Cons
Poor leadership team
Zenith American Solutions is the equivalent to a sweatshop that has no care for it’s employees. The work environment is extremely poor and there is no guidance nor opportunity for advancement. Management is clueless when it comes to client satisfaction and as a result revenue is impacted and business suffers from this negligence. The company has poor leadership and offers no incentive for employees to excel in their position. False promises of career advancement are made on a regular basis. In my 15+ year career I have never been part of such a dysfunctional organization.
Non-Supportive Management. Non-Supportive internal departments. No one willing to offer any additional assistance. No "Team Concept". No training on company processes. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
This company denied me an exit interview so that should tell you a lot right from the start, because of this I have decided to leave a review on public forums and let you decide if you find this legitimate or not. Everyone’s experience is different and I can only speak to mine. I was hired in March prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. Our first month was training. I was fortunate enough to have the manager of training from the company’s corporate office come to the Bothell location. They were very knowledgeable and provided me and the person I was training with a very comprehensive notebook with most of the materials we would need. Apparently they don’t do this for every new hire so I was feeling pretty fortunate. The training was good, I have no complaints. There are areas where we could have spent more time in, but basically the main point of training was to manage your way through the company’s client databases (there are up to 3 separate programs you can be using). If you do not have a background in healthcare this can be challenging. I did not have any industry background and wished that they would go more in depth about health insurance because it’s very complicating. This companies policy states that you will not be allowed on the phones until you pass a final assessment, due to COVID-19 I was not able to take that assessment was quickly moved to working remote. Once I finally settled in that’s where my concerns with this company began. I was not able to have anyone shadow me due to one of my roommates being diagnosed with COVID, and I did get sick as well so I was - more...
This is a very nice place to work, the upper management have a open door policy and they really take the time to listen to your issues. I been here for years.
I was there for a year before they finally decided to train me for the job I was hired to do. Lots of criticism, not enough time to learn anything, then they tell you 6 months later you aren't doing your job good enough.
Great place to learn and grow. Supportive co-workers. Supportive management who are genuinely interested in your growth, well being and work life balance. Training and feedback are part of the daily routine. Free Yoga classes on site twice a week. Beautiful office in the financial district with views of Coit Tower, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz. Short walk to BART. Strong mission oriented environment.
Union environment creates a culture of competitiveness, no support from management, every man for himself. Many mistakes are made and nothing is done about it. Everything is done very last minute. A low-class company that runs as such.
Pros
Zenith American Solutions offers a stable place to work. I have enjoyed my time and have learned a great deal. Pay is fair and they offer a fair work life balance.
I was terminated shortly before ending my 90 days probation. After meeting with the Director of Claims, I mentioned that I and other co-workers were not being paid overtime. The Dir. denied this saying I was being paid for every minute of overtime. This was a lie because I printed out my times to show extra minutes not being paid out. During the meeting, my manager was present and asked to leave as I told the Director that he harassed a woman telling her that she was taking too long on a bathroom break and that he was constantly hurrying me in my work, oftentimes telling me to be on the phone which I was. The job has zero flexibility, horrible training to prepare you for the phones and the manager is an awful leader.
It’s a decent place to work, only thing I do not care for is the internet is slow and causes systems to freeze up and drop calls. Union position but the raises are only cost of living raises.
Great place to work. Big workload but plenty of PTO earned and lots of paid holidays. very diverse but not much advancement at all. Yearly reviews suck because they only keep you in the "good" status, nothing higher no matter how much extra work you do.
Where should I start, low pay, terrible benefits, horribly managed. They have favorites who get away with everything. They reward the slackers. Punish the ones who actually do work. Management gets upset if you ever speak up about issues. Everyone basically feels like they’re just trying to survive. Everyone is on your back about everything. Always get work dumped on you so you can’t do your own work. And to get your work done, you have to jump through 50 hoops. Manager micromanages. Other departments harass accounting at a constant. They will literally hover at your desk. Transmittals starts drama all the time and is completely mismanaged. Everyone talks behind each other’s backs. The break room is never clean. Dirtiest break room I’ve ever seen. The bathrooms are always being hogged by workers who hide in there to avoid work. They don’t let you talk. People are always sick and people come in sick cause the PTO there sucks. There’s constant inappropriate behavior and harassment from IT that somehow goes unnoticed by management. Roaches keep popping up everywhere. Management threatens workers with mandatory overtime. All the systems are outdated. There are only like 4 people who actually know what they’re doing. All the others just stare at their screens and ask 50 questions. They don’t properly train people. They mess up the clients all the time. I think this office should just shut down already. Or at least clean house and remove all the executives and management. Something drastic needs done.
I learned so much as a temporary employee and even more as a permanent employee. The team of employees supported by continued growth in development. The Contribution Accounting team is a great place to be.
This company started great, but has since changed so much. They only care about the bottom line, not the employees or the clients they have. Sad really.