Zepf Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Insecure and inexperienced manager
Health Information (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHJuly 13, 2018
I was initially excited about the position I had and was doing very well. Though my supervisor quickly became intimidated by my experience and knowledge. She lacked both the experience and the eduction for her position. Therefore instead of gaining a great employee they terminated me.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Poor management
Zepf is a good organization to work for
CPST, QMHS, Case Manager MH and Dual-Diagnosis (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 30, 2018
I enjoy working at Zepf. The union is supportive and Zepf is compliant with making changes to support the staff. Zepf cares for their clients and is proud of their accomplishments.
Growing company with lots to offer
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 19, 2018
This agency provides staff the opportunity to advance in their desired career path. They continue to grow as an organization and play a vital role in the community which leads to job satisfaction of the employees. They have great benefits and are continue to stay competitive with their offered compensation plans. There is a lot of change but this allows for the staff to continue to learn, grow, and challenge themselves.
Pros
always something to learn, positive environment, great benefits
punitive environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 15, 2018
Poor structure and will not consider any suggestions for change or improvement. Management is poorly developed with no experience and very unprofessional. staff receive minimal training and very little resources for support.
Pros
pay is fair, woork hours reasonable
Cons
no opportunity for advancement, poor management and structure, limited training
going through changes ....bumpy road
Integrated Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 12, 2018
I have worked at the Zepf Center for 5 years and have seen lots of people come and go. The people who stay are incredible and I couldn't ask for a better group of coworkers. We have had some shifts in management and operating systems to learn. The potential is there to do great things. We just have to get the rhythm adjusted and keep going
Zepf was a great place for individuals to develop their skills and set career goals.
Job Placement Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 23, 2018
A typical day would be meeting with welfare to work individuals and unemployed individuals that were looking for work and helping them through the process of obtaining employment.
We worked as a team and taught job search skills, every aspect of resume writing, meeting with employers and interviewing, and job seeking, as well as on-the-job training.
The culture was diverse and fun to work with. The staff were all positive and 90% of the students wanted to learn.
The hardest part of the job was helping individual single mothers stay on task if they had not found day care or had other obstacles like cognitive deficiencies that prohibited them from being successful on the job. Overcoming these obstacles was constant.
The management team was supportive and did a great job writing grants and obtaining funds to continue the programs that were provided.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting individuals in setting career goals, overcoming obstacles to employment, finding careers that matched their abilities and interests, and follow up watching each individual succeed and maintain their career choices. And even surpass our expectations by going on in education to higher levels of employment.
I just read about a student who is seeking her dr. in psychology after starting in the health program at SAOIC.
Excellent Management, terrible environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 11, 2018
Job was great, but didn't like getting yelled at all the time. Hours were good and benefits. To many people calling off
More words so this post, still not enough, almost
Worked with individuals with Mental Disabilities
Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 9, 2018
Intensive Case Manager working with a case load of 12 - 15 clients. Required documentation on a daily basis to meet units that was required by the state.
Cons
Stressful
Not what it used to be
LSW (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 16, 2017
Ineffective upper management, administration, and managing board. Morale is terrible and leadership does not appear to want to address in a genuine way.
Pros
Good benefits, supportive peers
Cons
Morale, company culture
Up and coming company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 15, 2017
• Checks clients in for scheduled appointments
• Schedules future appointments
• Communicates with other staff in regards to clients’ needs and concerns
• Ensures clients’ charts contain accurate contact information
• Other duties as assigned
Case Worker
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 4, 2017
Happy to leave will not go back, lack of pay,over worked. Stressful job, not treated fairly. under paid. lack of communicaton, poor client care. will not let you work for two weeks if planning to leave. Mistreated as a black person. only thing came out good was the benefits
Pros
good benifits
Cons
under paid
many recent changes in this work place
Psychiatric/Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 18, 2017
Worked at this facility in the past. There have been many staff and management changes since this time. In the past the benefits and hours outweighed the pay.
Administration just doesn't get it.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 11, 2017
Company has been through tremendous upheaval. They claim to be changing the culture while top leaders still scheme ways to bring in their outside pals. Seriously there is no one good enough to train and promote who already works there???? HR people are so fed up most have quit and employees are joining a union. But somehow more outside managers are going to fix all that? There are a lot of nice people working there and if you stay away from management it's a good job. Vacation is less than other places.
Pros
The new CEO gave everyone a bonus. Good client care.
Cons
They don't know billing. I had to train my boss.
Low morale, bottom dollar more important than patient care
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 12, 2017
Rude managment, self centered and down right snobby. Medical managers talk about patients in break rooms as if they were dirt. Lazy medical assistants who often were late and came into work intoxicated. Left before my license would be suspended by the state because of unethical practices. Do not work here if you value your nursing license.
Pros
Can't find any
Cons
Poor pay, unethical practice.
Relaxed environment, room for advancement, and great people
Quality Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 26, 2017
Typical day at work consisted of greeting patients and check-in. Copied, scanned, and filed documents, wrote school/work excuse notes and notified physician of patient arrival via messenger. Chart preparation and breakdown, scheduled appointments, placed reminder calls, and maintained waiting area.
Pros
Great learning opportunities
Cons
Mainly contingent positions
Good heart, Bad Management
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 3, 2017
They discontinued the peer support specialist program within one year of its beginning. The training was very good. But after that, we were not utilized to our fullest potential.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Poor Communication and Organization
Fun Place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 1, 2017
I thought that the company was always helpful in finding new learning opportunities. Such as encouraging to go to workshops and attending certain training classes.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful
Excellent benefits/PTO
Sr. Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 27, 2017
I agree with the mission of serving and improving our community. Management is open to creative program suggestions that will benefit clients and staff.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Lack of effective communication
A step towards paying it foward
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 8, 2017
Every child is going through something right now. The Zepf Center understands and wants to help these children. There main concern are those who are less fortunate. Become someone's blessing by working at the Zepf Center.
Pros
New friends
Cons
Not enough hours
I don't wish to share this information
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 16, 2017
I do not wish to participate in this review of the agency. If I could have skipped over this portion I would have, but apparently it is "required." Thanks anyways.