Zero Zone, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Truck Driver/Warehouse/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNJuly 26, 2018
Loved working there. Would love to go back! Work hard, pay attention to detail, and try your best! The best company I ever worked for, I wish I had never left!
Pros
Not enough room to type. They care about there employees, they listen to your concerns. Easy company to want to work for.
Cons
I refuse too say anything negative about this company
great benefits
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Prairie, WIMarch 11, 2018
Great benefits, really poor management. Job was lots of stress, expect to work 10 hours minimum each day. Expect to be in meeting at least 1/2 of your time. Have the ability to create reports, daily ,weekly and yearly that will never be read by anybody
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management has no clue, and does not want any opinions or ideas taht are not thier own
Production and support staff great; too much micro management from executives
Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Prairie, WINovember 2, 2017
They make a great product and generally foster an environment of cooperation. Too many cross-functional meetings, however, then no time to act on issues from those meetings. Global Purchasing Mgr. micro-managed all of the very capable buyers instead of letting them do what they know to do on their own.
great company
CONTROLS APPLICATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  North Prairie, WIOctober 9, 2017
great company to work for, good pay, good administration, great product, great quality control, excellent long range planning. management listened to employees.
I would take a job there.
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Prairie, WIJanuary 10, 2017
Good place to work. Concerned about work / life balance. I learned a great deal about refrigeration. There market share is growing and the benefits are good.
They worked you hard
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 10, 2016
I did like my supervisor. They did also have a really fun golf outing for the company. It was hard work, but the company wasn't too bad.
Pros
Golf outing
Cons
Hard work
Buyer II
Buyer II (Current Employee) –  North Prairie WIAugust 10, 2015
Contract Negotiator/ Purchasing
Zero Zone is an industrial leader in the manufacturing of commercial refrigeration systems.
• Responsible for aligning key suppliers to optimize strategic partner relationships in a global market.
• Negotiate strategy contracts to manage total cost, focusing on inventory, logistics and components.
• Spend 15 million: covering plastics, raw material, electronic and plant and equipment.
• Implement and manages several Kanban programs for inventory.
• Manage all VMI programs, including Hardware, Wire, Electrical Hardware, and Janitorial supplies (zip ties, shipping material, bonding materials).
• Utilize IFS ERP to manage and purchase inventory.
• Familiar with ECN process.
Key Accomplishments
• Cost down 10% 2014 totaling one- million
• Supplier reduction 30%
• Two bin inventory program with suppliers establishing point of use stations by production lines.
good place to work at get to listen to music
assembler (Former Employee) –  prairieApril 14, 2015
Having a list to do when finished then just do motors to run the fans. I learned how ventilation's was made and build. My manger was nice and cool he would come help me at times to build the motors. My co-workers are very nice they would help me when I needed help. The hardest thing was when I first started and trying to put the plugs in the vents but, after awhile it was easy.
Pros
get to listen to music a clean place to work
Cons
too far from where I lived
productive and fun good work atmosphere
quality technician (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNSeptember 25, 2014
typical day at work was a ten hour shift, I learned how to operate different types of equipment, forklifts and gene lifts, lots of mechanical experience gained working with hand tools and power tools daily. I learned and understood the general concept of refrigeration here, learned how to separate the systems and properly pressurize followed by leak checking. Learned alot on taking apart compressors, ball valves, check valves, gauges, charge ports, t-valves, angle valves, master safety relief valves, rupture discs, liquid level gauges, gaskets and other essential refrigeration equipment and putting all this equipment back together. I recieved a good amount of mig welding experience along with plasma cutting. The hardest part of this job would have to be the shop helper position I had when I first worked here, Most enjoyable part of working here was the good people, good atmosphere and music to listen too most nights
Pros
two paid fifteens, working inside, close to home
Cons
at the shop over 10.5 hours every day, mandatory o.t.
It was a great experience for me, I learned alot about refrigarations.
Coil assembler/builder (Former Employee) –  North Prairie, WISeptember 4, 2014
Arrive on time for work, even thou life sometimes throws you curve balls. Look at the blue bins, see if any needs restocking. Cut parts bend and braze them. Load coils that range from 20lbs-150lbs plus on carts to help the coil builders speed up there numbers. Maintain a clean and hazard free work area.
Pros
Quarterly meeting lunches, bonuses
Cons
Unfair treatment, favortism, and grudges/unprofessional. Basically they don't follow E.E.O
great benefits
assembler (Current Employee) –  North Prairie, WIJuly 8, 2012
nothing is boring, always keep on your toes. good bunch of people to work with never have to ask for help very professional. most enjoyable and the hardest part of he job is completing the required schedule.
Pros
free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zero Zone, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.