ZeroCater Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Always changing to better the company
On-Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2018
Management always try their best to better employment there. They help offer shifts to people but the position was never a full time thing. They provide free lunch!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
snobby tech clients
Great Place to work
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 12, 2018
I would still be there if I hadn't decided to move out of state. Fun atmosphere, great food and good co-workers. Management was kind of hit and miss and didn't always seem to connect with the team.
Pros
Food and co-workers
Cons
not high enough pay to live inthe city
Great PT job for college students and those looking to make extra $$
ON-SITE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMarch 13, 2018
Overall, ZeroCater is a great place to work at. It is an awesome place to meet new people and learn new skills. Management has a lot on their plates so it's understandable why some responses are delayed. They are trying their best and the majority of the time, needs are met. Hours can waver quite a bit but asking for additional shifts will almost always result well.
Not for everyone
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 7, 2018
Can be a fun place to work with some great people, but very little career advancement, inexperienced leaders and management, lower than average pay in Bay Area.
Wonderful Workplace, Some Growing Pains
Client Success (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2018
ZeroCater is a great place to work, especially for those with a passion for food! As the business continues to grow and scale, they are experiencing some challenges, as to be expected in a startup environment at that stage.
Fun company, very demanding
Client Success Strategist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Culture at the company is really great (free lunch every day, plenty of fun) but the expectations are high and get ratcheted up pretty regularly without much change in expectations/compensation.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
High expectations, poor compensation
Great stepping stone for career development & great people/culture.
Vendor Partnership Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2018
ZeroCater helped build my professional skills which will ultimately make me a stronger candidate for future jobs. I, however, didn't see it as a long-term job option. Many people leave after 1-3 years. I loved the people I worked with and I felt lucky to work on the Vendor Team- working with restaurants to increase business for both ZeroCater & food partners was rewarding and interesting.
Pros
Free lunches, company culture, professional development
Cons
Small raises, tech issues with systems, unclear verticals for growth on certain teams, high turnover
Great place to grow
Product Designer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 22, 2017
Currently I am a product designer for a popular corporate catering company. I design and help in developing customer facing experiences, such as client dashboards for both our catering product as well as our new office snacks and kitchens program. I own my projects from end-to-end and maintain a cadence of UX research interviews to continue improving our products post-launch. I spend most of my time working with a cross-functional team consisting of engineers, our head of product, our head of marketing, and advisors from our client success and sales teams.
Great startup. Good people.
Escalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 2, 2017
ZeroCater gave me the opportunity to develop my skills in the startup environment. It helped me become more driven and focused.
During my time at ZeroCater, I help builded the support pod from grounds up.

I recommend it!
nice workplace.
Hospitality Ambassador/ (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94107January 2, 2017
It was a fun job but I was looking for something more towards my major. I had some great co workers and made some amazing connections with other companies I would go on-site to.
Interesting Place to work, poor compensation or contractors
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 29, 2016
Overall interesting product and company. However being a contract here is not work the time or energy, as you do not receive any benefits for being on site aside from extensive reiteration of processes.
Pros
Work from home, snack bar
Cons
low pay, no catered lunch
Great Work Environment and Free Catered Lunches
Client Success Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 25, 2016
Great Work Environment, Dog-Friendly Office, and Free Catered Lunches. Establish partnerships with different vendors and customize menus for different clients all along the Bay Area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZeroCater. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight