ZF

United States85 reviews

Clear

Found 36 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,186 reviews

Cool place to start

Fired from my previous job for poor communication, I landed a job at ZF Duncan. The pay was insulting, made me stay late at the last minute several times. Had to be apart of the cool club to get over time. Seemed like all of floor management was related. But after working at other manufacturing places this place wasn’t that bad, organized, communication was clear, and the line stayed running. Other than pay I’d go back if I had to.

Pros

TV in break room

Cons

Last minute overtime, pay.

1st shift Over stressed & depressed.

I’ve had many jobs in my life but this place was the worst. Only good thing was the pay/OT & benefits for FULL TIME employees. Felt the most depressed & excluded on that shift than anywhere else. The only WOC hired full time on that shift & was ridiculed the entire time. No empathy or understanding from management, HR or most co workers. Never appreciated for work done & what was was never enough. Worked 60-70hr weeks for a year within a pandemic & listed as “non eligible for rehire” (after a fulfilled 2 week notice). Management & HR department has a complete lack of understanding of their production floor. Reprimanded for not meeting goals while understaffed & running 3 machines to achieve that 1 goal. Brings in 3rd party contractors at 2x the pay I received for lazy work. Just Overall THE WORST JOB IVE EVER HAD…but the pay & insurance was NICE!

ZF insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Dont get sick from covid you get fired.

I worked through covid git sick because they don't sanitize correctly no one takes your temp and instead of getting std you get fired. Horrible hr department Horrible place to work.

Bad

Probably the worst place to work. Over work you. They have poor management and a weak union. We have been on 10 hour days 19 day straight and 2 days off for almost 2 years straight. No breaks.

Ehh

I wouldnt go back. Doesn't pay enough for all the time you're there. 19 days straight with only 2 days off. No work / life balance. Management doesn't care about their employees.

Pros

Cons

19 days staright 2 off

Great people

A typical day working at ZF was that if you had a machine problem you had to yell thru the factory to get help in order to get the machine looked at, or fixed. I learned how to work on diesel brakes, and brackets I had a slight management problem, but not a problem with my shift advisor, or supervisor.The hardest part of the job was putting the brakes in a crateThe most enjoyable part was getting to meet new people

Pros

Great people

Cons

A slight management problem

Nice place to work

Everybody is very helpful and they set you up for success.it was a great job and I would go back if management changed a little bit recommended absolutely.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Long hour

Ok

I enjoyed the time I worked there it was to far for me to travel every day it was a very fast paced Job and you have to wear steel toes very uncomfortable and you're constantly moving you don't get a second to breathe and they're very very mean they don't care about their employees all they care about is their product they are a selfish company I would never work for them again

Not terrible

Management is atrocious and naive..the jobs aren’t too difficult and it’s an okay company but management is kind of a joke. They don’t take the job serious and that causes for people to fail and temps get little to no respect. We’re all just trying to survive but some of the people there are arrogant and cocky.

Pros

Good pay, climate controlled

Cons

Work too much during holidays/managment

Mediocre

It's a very demanding job, must be able to work 7 days a week. Very taxing on the body and the management is mediocre at best. I wouldn't recommend working here

Automotive Company

A typical day at work consists of clocking in, going to the locker area and putting all valuables (purse, cell phone, etc...) in your locker, going to the assembly line to work. The worst part of this job is they constantly lay off employees.

Management is sorry

Doesnt stick to the policy in place. Transmission are more important than the workers. Always lying and not really an opportunity to grow in the plant like they say

Old Outdated Ways

This place has been following some old out dated ways and HR doesn't seem to care or change. They say cameras are everywhere which should help you in certain circumstances, but it's just the opposite. No support from upper management at all. Steer clear!!

Pros

Competitive wages

Cons

No support from Upper Management or Human resource.s

Id rather not say

Id rather not say... management was horrible, the hours was ridiculous, they don't care about you or family, felt like a robot, they talk to you any type of way, and if you're hurt..lol oh well.

Do not work here

I would not recommend this place at all, you have to spend your life working there and if you dont you are treated unfairly. Management will treat you as if you don't exist and your life does not mean anything.

Ok

It's OK to work for things change from day to day. The pay is good and the benefits are good to. Management need to get on one page things aren't ever consistent.

Pros

No consistently

Cons

Hrs

Very stressful place to work

Liked working there in the beginning but the last few years have been stressful.Have been laid off twice (1st for 9 months 2nd will be permanent in August 2019). You have no home life working there and can’t make any plans because they don’t give notice when you might be working weekends.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Bad management, no sick days, short breaks

Decent

It’s a good job but management will make you leave the job . Unorganized treat you like a child. Instead of telling you things they’ll wait last minute . I

zf tranmission

I get to work at 7 we met and exercise for 8 minutes that suppose to be 10 minute. Then we get on line start up with accepting stations from other shift. Do then do the TPM and master and SPC. All this has to be done before you do more than 5 parts on the line. Management is suppose to come around to make sure stations are ready for work. they don't. the hardest part of my job it takes team effort. if one person don't want to work it will stop the whole entire line. that makes time go by slow. that makes people really mad. I enjoy when I get my pay check because you work so much you don't have time to spend money so it easy to save.

Pros

paid lunch if you stay inside zf not leave premises

Cons

no paid lunch if you go outside zf gate still not leaving premises

Best Manufacturing Setting Ive Worked At So Far

Assembly Line Worker/Packer ZFTRW is a modern assembly plant that manufactures Anti Brake Lock Systems, Probably the best place ive ever worked at so far, The work is very easy and simple, moderate paced not super fast not super slow, two 15 minute breaks one 30 minute break, Most People Seem happy and content working there, Management seems very welcoming and helpful,The facility is one of the cleanest ive ever seen, great place to start out if its your first factory job and also a great place to make a life long career in, in the short 6 months i worked there I've had so many experiences, met so many new people, probably the only place ive worked at that i can say i actually enjoyed the work i was doing lol, I would have stayed much longer but life had other plans for me and i wish the best of luck to this company and to anyone who works there!

Pros

Temp Controlled Facility, Good Break Schedule, Listen To Music, Good Management.

Cons

Alot Of Mandatory OT and longer hours, But It Is Paid So Not Too Bad, Max Pay is a little low at $16.00/Hr but the amount of OT helps with that

Its a factory job

Assemble a part in a specific amount of time and do that 600 times in work day. Not much else. you work 4 days a week and pay is alright. Surprising a lot of drama that goes on. Your body will hurt and if you work there long enough you'll have them for the rest of your life. Management is a very next man up approach. If you want to be there or not they don't care they just want those parts made. Union is very corrupt and not helpful at all. I saw many people get fired and union reps did nothing to help. But they'll gladly take a cut of your paycheck. You're also working in a non-temperature controlled environment so summer days can be very awful. It can get very hot in there but don't worry they have conveniently placed fans above your working area that will blow hot air in your face if you'd like. They also have never been cleaned so they're filled with dust and look disgusting so good luck breathing that in.

Pros

4 day work week

Cons

short breaks, pay, union, union dues, drama, dirty environment