ZIA PARK CASINO Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nice quite work place,
Staff Accountant/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 5, 2018
Relaxed environment. Start collecting hours of employees hours, filing if necessary. Meet with management if something needed taken care of first, then start my usual process.
Pros
Free lunch in the break room
Cons
Stayed all day at the same location.
Enjoyed the customers
Server (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMFebruary 7, 2018
It was a lot of fun working there. I enjoyed the customers and the job. Didn't want to leave but new management came in and didn't work well with my needs as a single parent
Pros
Fun
Cons
Bad management
Zia Park Casino
Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) –  Hobbs NMJanuary 14, 2018
I really liked my job there but all the supervisors were out to get each other. I loved watching all the people that would come in and try and find the ones that were not supposed to be in the casino.
Pros
free meals while at work.
Cons
I could never go gamble because I worked in the sky
amazing place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMNovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed everyday coming to work here. The management was amazing and everything ran smoothly. The environment attracted good people so it made bar tending a little less stressful.
Nice place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Hobbs NmNovember 27, 2017
Really enjoyed the environment has a lot of great people that you get to meet. At first the management was great then they changed the management and it was horrible.
Pros
Tips and the customers
Poor workplace,horrible management, poor communication, dishonest
GRA (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMSeptember 25, 2017
BS best describes this workplace. I was terminated 1 week before my week vacation for no reason after 11months of employment & my PTO was not paid out. They are very rude & dishonest & are only nice to you when it benefits them. Wouldn't recommend my worst enemy.
Pros
Free lunch was edible sometimes
Cons
Our only break was lunch
very fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMSeptember 11, 2017
working at the casino for me was very exciting. its just a fun environment to be apart of. we stayed on our feet, i definitely learned better time management and memory skills.
Good starting place, horrible management
N/A (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJune 9, 2017
A typical day at work 80% of the time can be exhausting but rewarding if you're a hard worker.

Management is laughable! these people require you to do things that aren't in your job description,work long hours and never help you when you need it the most they're (in the F&B side) lazy,dishonest and horrible team leaders. Some of them are great but that's a very VERY small margin.
Pros
Free Lunch, Meet New People, Learn about foods and alcohol
Cons
No Breaks, Lazy Management, Always rushing you
poor structure and unfair pay for certain positions.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 5, 2017
The pay scale for this facility is far below fair. Management staff does not honor their word and completely ignores staff issues and concerns. Training is very poor, only one person knows how to run one department.
Pros
benefits.
Cons
Poor structure in management.
If professionalism is for you don't come here.
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMarch 14, 2017
The entire staff leading from management to workers are unprofessional and allot of "Intercompany" relationships distract from advancement and getting the work done. Little to no incentive to work here.
Fun place
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMarch 8, 2017
Loved working here. Very good benefits and great atmosphere You make great tips as a bartender-server and meet amazing new friends and your staff is excellent at helping
Amazing people and great entertainment
Server/Cashier/bartender/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMFebruary 19, 2017
Zia park is an amazing place to go have fun eat,drink, and gamble also the management is great there. Karaoke,live band and trivia night. There will always greet you with a warm welcoming.
Pros
Free lunch, bonus, and smoke breaks
Cons
Closing time is to late and they only have 2 restaurants now
productive and out going work place with new faces everyday
SLOT HOST (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMNovember 8, 2016
A typical day at zia park was going an helping customers, getting customers drinks , helping customers with money jams , processing the jackpots and paying the jackpots out. I have learned that not every customer you talk to is going to treat you with respect . The hardest part of my job was dealing with the customers that don't have any respect for anyone but you just have to take a breath and help them. The most enjoyable part for this job was helping the elderly customers and paying the jackpots to them and seeing how happy and thankful they are makes my day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours, not enough pto
fun place to work at
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 15, 2016
I enjoyed my time when I was a security officer . the management and everything was excellent .
my colleagues were the best I was new but they took time to explain everything in a professional way
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
too much writing and paper work . everything should be digital
Fun place to work.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMAugust 25, 2015
Everyone here is super nice, and fun to be around. They are all outgoing and friendly. Overall nice place to work. The most enjoyable part of my days are making sure the patrons are happy.
Fun environment with opportunities for advancement
Turf Club Server (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 5, 2015
Let me start by saying that i was only a server here but, I LOVED MY JOB!!!! I had just moved to this town and was looking to stay in the retail industry and really didn't want to take a step backwards and end up back in the food industry. However I decided to take the first job i could find and figured i could always just quit when something better came. Eventually something in retail with better pay did open up but because i was having such a good experience working here i kept this job till i finished up my seasonal position and worked both!
i didn't need to work to jobs based on the pay in my retail position but i just couldn't see my self quitting a job that brightened up my day. There is opportunity for advancement here and jobs open up constantly that offer more pay. It is a place i would love to go back to if i ever moved back! My costumers were great! My managers were professional and willing to work with my schedule! The hardest part was how busy it can be keeping track and keeping happy of high paying customers can be challenging. The most enjoyable however is learning from the customers as well as serving them. They want bets and they want someone to have a good time with them! Do your work but enjoy their presence if you can keep a smile on your face they will like you and they WILL pay you for it!
Pros
Good Management, free lunch/dinner, Fun experience
Cons
Food industry pay, Fast paced
Productive and fun workplace watching cameras
Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 30, 2014
A typical day at work would be working from 8-16 hours. Learned how to bust patrons selling narcotics, watch for underage patrons, underage drinkers. Management was okay. Most of my co workers were trustable, kind, helpful. Some were not. The hardest part of the job was working from 11pm- 7am on nights the casino was closed. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching people win.
Pros
Free Lunches / Benefits
Cons
No time for breaks
Very fun work environment.
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 30, 2014
On a day to day basis it was my job to write, proof, and submit all rules and regulations for monthly promotions. On the weekend I would run promotions as fun and efficiently as possible.
nice place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMarch 17, 2014
it was hard keeping the routine but it was fun and I learn how to memorized orders etc.
Very productive and fun workplace.
Server (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 22, 2013
Working at The Zia Park Casino, I would begin the day by assisting the servers with cleaning tables and helping them prepare to leave their shift, while paying attention to customers who came in so I can tend to their wanted food and beverages. Management was always around, we always had one general manager of food and beverages on the floor as well as the bartender acting as a back up. We had a very diverse group of servers of which I loved to work with and we all had a pretty close relationship with each other while working. I learned a big deal of responsibility with making sure to listen, and paying attention to the full work place to make sure every customer enjoyed their service and planned to return for another visit. Also handling the money you received and making sure everything was accurate before giving it to the company vault at the end of the night was a huge responsibility that I feel I handled extremely well.
Pros
Free Lunch, Benefits, great team