Zilli Hospitality Group
Zilli Hospitality Group Employee Review

Zilli Hospitality Group Caterer/Server Review - Very flexible, friendly people

September 3, 2019
I am able to work exactly when I want. All Zilli employees are like one big family. I love the people I meet and exploring different event venues. We also all enjoy a "family meal" together at every event. I very highly recommend Zilli to anyone. I will be here long term!
February 2, 2020
Same roleSame location
Catering Associate / Banquet Server (Former Employee) - Milwaukee, WI
Work can be redundant, but the environment, the diverse staff, events, and clients make every day different, and usually enjoyable. Pay is okay. Do not expect tips, if they say you may be tipped, it is not often or someone else pockets it. The work can be very physical. Expect to move furniture, lift heavy banquet trays full of plates and glassware, and be mopping a lot of floors. If you want to stay fit, this may be the job for you. You should apply if you enjoy a team orientated, busy, face paced environment, and enjoy helping create a perfect day or evening for wedding couples. Weddings are on the weekends so if you're not willing to give up your every Saturday night during the busy season, don't bother applying. The uniforms are really outdated but, not terrible. It would be nice if you could have your schedule one to two weeks in advance, rather than the week of! Depending on which location you work in, the management can be very immature, uncaring, and unorganized. You have to be flexible and accepting of more or less work depending on the day! It's a seasonal position so plan on looking for extra work during the winter months. It doesn't seem to matter how long you have worked or if you're "full-time." Good job for a student, who is looking for part-time work, not great for someone trying to make it their only job, unless you're a manager or in sales. Some of the job sites require you to pay for parking every time you have a shift. This adds up! Keep in mind this is a large family run business and favoritism and nepotism is alive and well there. It does not seem to matter - more...
Official response from Zilli Hospitality Group
February 25, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about working at ZHG. We value your opinion and would like to better understand the reasons for your review. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you, and I may be reached at 262-547-9447 ext 2517. We value all our employees and would love the chance to work with you to improve your satisfaction with us as an employer.
August 16, 2017
Same role
Caterer, server, barista, cafe manager (Former Employee) - Waukesha, WI
I loved working here because you get food every shift. Most people who work here are awesome and super nice! The managers are usually super helpful if you don't know what you are doing.,
Pros
free food
February 14, 2020
Same location
Assistant Event Designer (Former Employee) - Milwaukee, WI
I planned events and catered for ZHG for over a decade. This is a company that values employees who have a strong work ethic and who are team players. If you have those traits then there is no shortage of opportunities for growth and advancement. Managers are eager to provide you with tools and education if you want to improve yourself and your professional skills. My family schedule and availability changed many times throughout my tenure and they were always willing to accommodate my scheduling needs. Best of all there is a team of incredibly hardworking, fun, professional employees that are very willing to help you succeed in whatever role you take within this company.
Pros
Lots and lots of work - you are never going to be bored.
Cons
Lots and lots of work - you will be tired.
  1. Very flexible, friendly people