Zillow Employee Reviews

Zillow
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 1, 2018
One of the hardest places to get hired at. They only hire less than 1% of the resumes they receive yearly. It was truly an amazing experience and brought new challenges every day.
great while it lasted
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2018
I was a contractor for 2 1/2 years working online from home. The Zillow folks were great. I enjoyed the work and felt it was well managed. I wish there was still something that I could do for Zillow along the same lines.
Pros
flexible schedule, great people, good processes
Cons
low pay
Corporate Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 15, 2018
They no longer hire a Corporate Real Estate Brokers. I would work for their Company again if they did. I hope they hire Coporate Brokers in the future.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Good Company
Fun and integrated
Concierge/Consumer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 1, 2018
The work is very entry level and low demanding. The environment is youthful and modern. The workplace culture was laid back, where we could all relate and bond as teams. The most enjoyable part of my job was my team.
Pros
They provide free food and drinks
Cons
Terrible parking lot
Overall great company to work for. Management not the best.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 26, 2018
Zillow by far is the best company I have ever worked for. The company has the best benefits I have ever seen and if you are in the good graces of management you will love everyday of work.

That being said if you do get a bad manager, good luck. There is no opportunity to transfer to a new team/ different manager.

If you do not instantly succeed there is no support from management to get you back on track.
Pros
great benefits, great compensation, great schedule
Cons
bad management no opportunity to transfer to a new team
rentals team awful
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 24, 2018
Management on the rentals team & HR are awful. They fire people with no cause or reason and get away with it. Be very careful about questions you ask.
Pros
Free food, coffee, culture
Cons
Poor management, HR inexperienced, cutthroat
great Place
Retention Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CO 80112May 22, 2018
This is a great place work with a very friendly environment. Great culture with great people. I would highly recommend this place for newbies in the business.
great work environment
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 18, 2018
one of the best companies ive worked for. The culture is great and the employees are well taken care of. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me
The Grind
Business to Business Media Sales (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 5, 2018
Zillow is a great after college job to get a feel of sales. Its a grind, Somewhat of a boiler room. Really suited to the young set who love things like free snacks. Standing rather than sitting...
Client Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 2, 2018
It is ranked top places to work in the NW every year for a reason! Some companies say they believe in work/life balance, but this place really does preach it and encourage it; from the CEO down to Direct Managers.
Fun company but moving in the wrong direction
Agent Care (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2018
Zillow used to be a great company, but many departments including mine are moving in the wrong direction. It's a bummer because it used to be such an amazing place that I was proud to work at.
Roles are very siloed
Sr. Enterprise Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2018
Coming from a role in which I wore many hats, I find the sales roles at Zillow very siloed, monotonous and over-managed. I prefer to have more autonomy to manage my business to meet the needs/goals of my clients.

I'd also like to see the groups work closer together to create a more fluid experience internally and for our advertisers & consumers.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
micro-management
Fast & fun
Senior Account Executive, West Region (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Zillow has a great sales environment if that's what helps fuel your personality and they really do care about you as a person and they get to know you as a person. Great team culture.
Pros
free lunch fridays, 401k match, benefits, pto, sick days, compensation, management
Cons
security bc its sales
Good Place to work
Software Development Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 7, 2018
The prospects of the company, working style is amazing. But the immediate management is not well groomed to take up management activities.
I liked my work and the team. I would have liked if there was team work in the team.
Zillow: A Great Place to Work to Get Your Foot in the Door
Agent Performance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2018
Overall, Zillow has been a good place to work. I moved to Colorado for this job, and in my 2 1/2 years here, I have met a lot of great people and grown a lot professionally. The experience I have gained at this company has been invaluable, even if I don't see myself in the Real Estate industry forever. The job involves a lot of performance, data analysis and marketing strategies as well, so I still am able to do some things I enjoy.
Pros
Free food, great PTO and benefits, stock options, clear plan for advancement
Cons
Very fast-paced and competitive - if you don't have a love for or natural tendencies towards sales, it might be more difficult for you.
Fast pace, fun environment
Senior Agent Care (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 13, 2018
Zillow is a work hard, play harder company. Management is young and still getting in to their roles since the acquisition of Trulia. Opportunities to promote are very difficult in certain departments. However, overall, best job I have ever had.
Good Place
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 11, 2018
They cared about employees and have big vision for company as a whole. Very fast-paced environment with many smart people so be ready to work hard and fast.
Fast-paced work environment with perks
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 9, 2018
Grew significantly with Zillow - I appreciated my direct reports and those I reported to. The culture is great and the opportunity to move laterally as well as vertically is within reason.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 2, 2018
Zillow's fantastic culture started with the CEO and founders. They were wonderful people to work for. They truly cared about employees. Zillow is a diverse group of great people who are willing to work hard and be rewarded for their dedication.
Pros
Free lunch, casual environment, friendly staff, great management
Cons
sometimes long hours
Client Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 28, 2017
Good place to work but not very good to move up through the company. Lots of external hiring for positions others in the company could take over so that’s frustrating

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zillow. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight