Zillow Employee Reviews

great work environment
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 18, 2018
one of the best companies ive worked for. The culture is great and the employees are well taken care of. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me
Client Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 2, 2018
It is ranked top places to work in the NW every year for a reason! Some companies say they believe in work/life balance, but this place really does preach it and encourage it; from the CEO down to Direct Managers.
Fun company but moving in the wrong direction
Agent Care (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2018
Zillow used to be a great company, but many departments including mine are moving in the wrong direction. It's a bummer because it used to be such an amazing place that I was proud to work at.
Roles are very siloed
Sr. Enterprise Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2018
Coming from a role in which I wore many hats, I find the sales roles at Zillow very siloed, monotonous and over-managed. I prefer to have more autonomy to manage my business to meet the needs/goals of my clients.

I'd also like to see the groups work closer together to create a more fluid experience internally and for our advertisers & consumers.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
micro-management
Fast & fun
Senior Account Executive, West Region (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Zillow has a great sales environment if that's what helps fuel your personality and they really do care about you as a person and they get to know you as a person. Great team culture.
Pros
free lunch fridays, 401k match, benefits, pto, sick days, compensation, management
Cons
security bc its sales
Good Place to work
Software Development Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 7, 2018
The prospects of the company, working style is amazing. But the immediate management is not well groomed to take up management activities.
I liked my work and the team. I would have liked if there was team work in the team.
Zillow: A Great Place to Work to Get Your Foot in the Door
Agent Performance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2018
Overall, Zillow has been a good place to work. I moved to Colorado for this job, and in my 2 1/2 years here, I have met a lot of great people and grown a lot professionally. The experience I have gained at this company has been invaluable, even if I don't see myself in the Real Estate industry forever. The job involves a lot of performance, data analysis and marketing strategies as well, so I still am able to do some things I enjoy.
Pros
Free food, great PTO and benefits, stock options, clear plan for advancement
Cons
Very fast-paced and competitive - if you don't have a love for or natural tendencies towards sales, it might be more difficult for you.
Fast pace, fun environment
Senior Agent Care (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 13, 2018
Zillow is a work hard, play harder company. Management is young and still getting in to their roles since the acquisition of Trulia. Opportunities to promote are very difficult in certain departments. However, overall, best job I have ever had.
Good Place
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 11, 2018
They cared about employees and have big vision for company as a whole. Very fast-paced environment with many smart people so be ready to work hard and fast.
Fast-paced work environment with perks
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 9, 2018
Grew significantly with Zillow - I appreciated my direct reports and those I reported to. The culture is great and the opportunity to move laterally as well as vertically is within reason.

Want to know more about Zillow?

Ask a question
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 2, 2018
Zillow's fantastic culture started with the CEO and founders. They were wonderful people to work for. They truly cared about employees. Zillow is a diverse group of great people who are willing to work hard and be rewarded for their dedication.
Pros
Free lunch, casual environment, friendly staff, great management
Cons
sometimes long hours
Client Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 28, 2017
Good place to work but not very good to move up through the company. Lots of external hiring for positions others in the company could take over so that’s frustrating
Initially a great place to work.
Client Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 6, 2017
Upper management is horrible. Co-workers and company culture are awesome. Amazing perks and benefits. Hardly any room for advancement in my department.
Zillow Group is fabulous
Client Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 8, 2017
Great place to work. The leadership has worked extremely hard to create an awesome company that is continually growing in which employees are truly given all the tools to develop and expand their roles.
Great company, poor management
Enterprise Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2017
Terrible management on the Enterprise Team. The culture in other organizations within the company are great and the teams are thriving. The Enterprise team, however, is unfortunately a different story. The leadership micromanages literally everything you do, the team morale is very negative, leadership doesn't take constructive criticism or suggestions and they are not invested in the training of their employees. It could be such a great team but the management and director are very junior and treat the job like an inside sales team but claim that it is not. The CEO and founders are absolutely incredible.
Pros
Great pay, free lunch once a week, great location, beautiful office, great benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Associate Client Engagement Specialist
Associate Client Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 12, 2017
Amazing company, co-workers, culture, management, and benefits. The role itself can get repetitive and a bit mind-numbing. But the right manager makes it worth while by boosting moral with team meetings, competitions, prizes, pot lucks, and so on. If not for my relocation, I would've wanted to stay long term.
Great Experience
Design Specialist/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2017
working online for zillow was a great opportunity and experience. It was a temporary job but I would go back if there was more job security and benefits.
Smaller version of Google's home office
Regional Sales Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 16, 2017
Zillow recruited me when I was still living in Wichita, KS which was so flattering considering they only hire less than 1% of employees that apply. They have a wonderful culture but also stress sales so much that the culture became unstable in ways that I don't want to damage their name nor image but what went on a daily basis was not okay nor what I am about. I love the company and have had extreme success there but unfortunately with what goes on behind closed doors made me need to leave as we are expecting our first child.
Pros
catered lunches and amazing commissions
Cons
use of illegal substances everywhere
great place
Inside Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 11, 2017
great place if you can dedicate over 40 hours a week to work. good culture but very competitive in the sales department. would have loved to continue working there but in a different role.
Pros
great comps
Cons
competitive and stressful
Best Place I Have Worked
Account Manager/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 11, 2017
I haven't worked for Zillow for years, and still get friends that reach out to me get my opinion on working at the company. 100% of the time, I recommend working there. The leadership is sharp, fair, and making all employees across the company feel that they are contributing to the companies goals.

10/10 recommend working at Zillow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zillow. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.