Zillow
Coronavirus update

Zillow Employee Reviews

United States131 reviews
The people
Zillow employees are mostly all wonderful. Respectful, hard-working. Are good at partnering no matter the level. Care about their work and the company.
Leading edge company that lives its values
Very supportive and inclusive environment with many opportunities to stretch and grow. Great benefits and bonuses, awesome work environment, very little negativity or drama. Hands down the most progressive, thoughtful, and well organized company with whom I have worked. The pace is fast and change is constant, but there are systems in place to help navigate change and meet expectations.
Inclusive place to work.
At Zillow people really care about you, they show you love, empathy and understanding. I have learned so much in my years here. I can honestly say that Zillow has changed my life and has made me a better professional and person. Pay is fair and the benefits are outstanding, they really accommodate peoples needs. The only draw back is career development. It's really hard to advance to anything else but your role unless you're in a higher position.
Terrible place to work if you want a career
I arrived before everyone else and was the last to leave. I learned no matter how much value you bring as an individual contributor, if you're not willing to play the BS corporate game, you'll never advance. It's not like I did a bad job or was insubordinate. Of the 4 years I worked there, I was the first and only person in a sales role who gave their 30-day notice and was allowed to stay and work whereas it's common practice to be walked out.
Zillow has a good corporate culture, but fast paced growth is pushing the limits of the org
Overall Zillow has a great vision and a lot of great people. The fast paced growth is starting to expose a number of cracks in the maturity of the organizational structure and that is upping the pressure on a number of different teams.
Talks a good game, it ends there
Do not believe that Zillow Offers has to say. They promise the agents a lot and the job is nothing like Zillow says. Culture is sold as all important, I have never been in a place of employment with a more toxic culture. Management does nothing to help you achieve goals and many in management could not preform basic task related to the job.
Pros
The pay is high but that just gets you people that are under qualified for the position.
Cons
culture is a joke, Zillow Offers does whatever it wants, No amount of money is worth the total torment this job is everyday.
Great Place to Work!!!
I can from Amazon, Microsoft, and Google. Hands down this is the best place I have worked! bottom up culture and autonomy respect and ownership. I have been here for about a year now.
Nice people nice culture
This list is long: benefits, office perks, work hours, travel, uncapped income potential, forward-thinking and evolving company, incredible culture, open-door leadership culture, etc.. Working for Zillow has, in no small way, changed my life. My contributions are recognized financially and through corporate recognition, and I take great pride in my work and career trajectory. I have requested multiple 1:1 meetings with executive-level leadership and always land on their calendars. You absolutely have to be proactive and eager here, but the rewards are the best in the business!
The People
I worked with some amazing people while at Zillow that were hard working and motivated to succeed. The culture was one of open feedback and winning, which I enjoyed.
Sexist, ageist, inexperienced white male club
Reckless disregard for Federal regulatory compliance in Mortgage Sales over many years; old school, abusive and punitive management not a surprise as senior management primarily came from timeshare sales at Wyndham. Young white boys dominate low and mid level sales management and have virtually no interest in learning how to develop a top notch sales team nor implement sound practices
Great Company. Hard to move up
Overall great culture but the company has grown so much the "startup" feel recruiters like to pitch is no longer true. Their in love with MBA's and people who have left Microsoft and Amazon. It gets a little pretentious at Zillow and dont you dare question leadership.
empty promises and management was dishonest
very unfair work environment and lots of distrust and dishonest people in management! I regret leaving my previous employer for the empty promises made by Zillow!!
Challenging and Rewarding
A typical day at work would be starting with a quick sales meeting, then you hit the phones until lunch. When you come back from lunch there's a quick team huddle to go over announcements and sales plays. Management is involved and encouraging to their teams. Culture is great, there's lots of change and lots to be updated on in the real estate training so they do a lot of training both by management and peers. There are lots of contests, and there are always snacks, and people are really respectful and encouraging of one another. There's limited drama people have too much work to do. The quota is harder and harder to attain and the business model is changing. It's a tough gig and there's a lot of people getting fired or quitting. You need to be really organized and attack the phones. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that no day is ever the same it's tough to be bored.
Tougher and Tougher Environment
Not much mobility and management isnt great. Mostly a parent/ child relationship. Be careful of management playing favorites. Good place to break into the market with but they are trying to reduce sales salaries overall.
Great Company to work for!
A lot of change all the time, but over all best position so far in my career. Sales is fast paced and a bit hectic. I would definitely recommend the company overall.
No comment
No comment. The Job Speaks For Itself nothing to say nothing to Say nothing to say nothing to say about the job. Nothing to say at the moment. No comment
It was a good job
It was a good job. The environment was awesome! They taught you everything you needed to know. Had a great break room and a game room for when you needed a breather.
fun place to work
great place to work. The management is great and the training programs are top notch. Culture is really big at Zillow. They do a lot of really cool events throughout the year and has a lot of great snacks.
Fast-paced people driven workplace
Working at Zillow Group was a treat. They care greatly for their employees' overall well-being, and have the best benefits I've ever encountered in a company. The culture is unmatched. You definitely need to have passion, motivation, and can adapt to sudden changes to thrive.
Great Company with Great Culture
Zillow is a great place to work for hundreds of reasons but the main reason is the people. I have never met a group of more talented professionals in my life and everyone truly cares about each other.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Workplace Culture Fun
The workplace culture fun(when it comes to team events and free snacks). There is opportunity when it comes to management skills. Opportunities are limited. Great benefits.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zillow. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Zillow.