Zillow
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Zillow Employee Reviews

United States139 reviews
Job security was a problem. The culture is one of the best. People at work are great and supportive. You can gain a lot of skills and knowledge. Overall a great experience but my job was eliminated
I loved my job and the people. My personal manager was unfair and listened to others without investing both sides. I had three managers in two years and felt mid lead.

My personal overall experience with Zillow was awesome. The pay and benefits were outstanding and the Administration was solid.

They provided and took care of their people.
Pros
Free food and drinks and unlimited support.
Cons
The facilities manager was unfair and to buddy to help.
I love working for this company! In so many ways it has changed my outlook on corporate America. It’s nice to work for a company that doesn’t micro manage you, but sets professional expectations to help you reach your goals. Fantastic benefits, culture and various new opportunities.
There are so many blatantly obvious examples of people being hired or promoted based on who they know. So many cliques, it’s like being in high school. They say they value diversity, but hire from the same pools of people. The result is departmental silos of friends that think the same. Instead of promoting from within, they invent middle management positions to hire their friends into.
Pros
Benefits aimed towards recent grads
Cons
Can’t trust anybody, cut-throat culture
Leave a review. Help people like you.
It was tons of hours and not enough pay or room for advancement. They get you all excited and say it's going to be great and then you realize y ok I are a telemarketer that makes about 15 bucks an hour.
Pros
Trendy Culture
Cons
Hours
Zillow does have a very good work culture and management do care about employees. Zillow started as one of the most innovative companies in the real estate space and it's ripping benefit of that early lead.

Lately, the company is playing catchup to multiple competitors who are trying to disrupt the market.
Pros
Good place to work, good managers, decent pay, feel of a tech company
Cons
Tech can be better, tech innovation is dying, infiltration of amazon culture
Zillow is a fast-paced and high-intensity environment that values result-driven focus. If this feels like your personality type, give Uncle Zillow an application. If you are more of a relaxed (non-type A) personality type, I may look in other directions. The work perks are great, the pay is very good for the job, but there is an air of looming fear for losing your job. That fear is mostly ignored in the work environment but seems to be present monthly, as new and vet employees fall off the work line. Not to say all employees are let go, It is just something that is more commonplace and understood in the culture than what I would consider "normal".
Pros
Healthcare coverage, food, cold-brew coffee, high energy teams, driven employees.
Cons
employee churn and relinquish rate.
Current/new GM loves to micromanage and is a terrible leader. Other markets may be better, but fellow RFM’s, GM, and AGM are all terrible. A large number of our employees came from the same company, including management, so they are the only ones to ever be recognized and chosen for special projects. Our field staff are given the task of driving all over the place in a very inefficient manner, causing more wear and tear on there personal vehicles.
Renovation Superintendent is the best job to have here. They do the least amount of work and are not held accountable for anything. Unfortunately most of the focus and blame always falls to the field estimators.

Pay and Benefits are great, however, they come at a cost. The company is very liberal.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Liberal, management, job advancement
Very supportive and inclusive environment with many opportunities to stretch and grow. Great benefits and bonuses, awesome work environment, very little negativity or drama. Hands down the most progressive, thoughtful, and well organized company with whom I have worked. The pace is fast and change is constant, but there are systems in place to help navigate change and meet expectations.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Zillow?
Zillow employees are mostly all wonderful. Respectful, hard-working. Are good at partnering no matter the level. Care about their work and the company.
At Zillow people really care about you, they show you love, empathy and understanding. I have learned so much in my years here. I can honestly say that Zillow has changed my life and has made me a better professional and person. Pay is fair and the benefits are outstanding, they really accommodate peoples needs. The only draw back is career development. It's really hard to advance to anything else but your role unless you're in a higher position.
I arrived before everyone else and was the last to leave. I learned no matter how much value you bring as an individual contributor, if you're not willing to play the BS corporate game, you'll never advance. It's not like I did a bad job or was insubordinate. Of the 4 years I worked there, I was the first and only person in a sales role who gave their 30-day notice and was allowed to stay and work whereas it's common practice to be walked out.
Overall Zillow has a great vision and a lot of great people. The fast paced growth is starting to expose a number of cracks in the maturity of the organizational structure and that is upping the pressure on a number of different teams.
Do not believe that Zillow Offers has to say. They promise the agents a lot and the job is nothing like Zillow says. Culture is sold as all important, I have never been in a place of employment with a more toxic culture. Management does nothing to help you achieve goals and many in management could not preform basic task related to the job.
Pros
The pay is high but that just gets you people that are under qualified for the position.
Cons
culture is a joke, Zillow Offers does whatever it wants, No amount of money is worth the total torment this job is everyday.
I can from Amazon, Microsoft, and Google. Hands down this is the best place I have worked! bottom up culture and autonomy respect and ownership. I have been here for about a year now.
This list is long: benefits, office perks, work hours, travel, uncapped income potential, forward-thinking and evolving company, incredible culture, open-door leadership culture, etc.. Working for Zillow has, in no small way, changed my life. My contributions are recognized financially and through corporate recognition, and I take great pride in my work and career trajectory. I have requested multiple 1:1 meetings with executive-level leadership and always land on their calendars. You absolutely have to be proactive and eager here, but the rewards are the best in the business!
I worked with some amazing people while at Zillow that were hard working and motivated to succeed. The culture was one of open feedback and winning, which I enjoyed.
Reckless disregard for Federal regulatory compliance in Mortgage Sales over many years; old school, abusive and punitive management not a surprise as senior management primarily came from timeshare sales at Wyndham. Young white boys dominate low and mid level sales management and have virtually no interest in learning how to develop a top notch sales team nor implement sound practices
Overall great culture but the company has grown so much the "startup" feel recruiters like to pitch is no longer true. Their in love with MBA's and people who have left Microsoft and Amazon. It gets a little pretentious at Zillow and dont you dare question leadership.
very unfair work environment and lots of distrust and dishonest people in management! I regret leaving my previous employer for the empty promises made by Zillow!!
A typical day at work would be starting with a quick sales meeting, then you hit the phones until lunch. When you come back from lunch there's a quick team huddle to go over announcements and sales plays. Management is involved and encouraging to their teams. Culture is great, there's lots of change and lots to be updated on in the real estate training so they do a lot of training both by management and peers. There are lots of contests, and there are always snacks, and people are really respectful and encouraging of one another. There's limited drama people have too much work to do. The quota is harder and harder to attain and the business model is changing. It's a tough gig and there's a lot of people getting fired or quitting. You need to be really organized and attack the phones. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that no day is ever the same it's tough to be bored.