Zillow

Zillow Employee Reviews

Zillow insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Review of Premier Agent - Business Development Representative position

First thing to know about this job: you would essentially be telemarketing, but in a specialized field where your company name holds a lot of weight. As a BDR, you are contacting real estate agents out-of-the blue who (most of the time) did not inquire about Zillow's paid services. If you decide to accept this job, it is very important to have thick skin as agents frequently hang-up or are simply just rude over the phone. Also, this job requires a lot of determination and effort as you are expected to make 100+ dials a day.

Pros

Great management and team spirit, monthly reimbursements, excellent healthcare plans, position is good for professionals starting their career in sales

Cons

compensation is underwhelming, can get burnout quickly in the role, high-turn over rate due to employees leaving

Amazing company to work for

Amazing benefits, amazing culture and peopleZillow offers is growing and upper management needs to work on a lot of things to smooth out processes. Needs to work on escrow partners and ZCS

Benefits

Cons

Stressful work

Such a great company

Frequent lay offs and people constantly worried about the ever changing shifts in priorities and focus. Not many people in leadership with real real estate experience

Pros

So many perks

Cons

Frequent layoffs

Fun environment, remote work

Zillow is currently going through a few changes and that's always difficult to navigate but they're doing a good job with it. Overall, it's a really great place to work and they truly do care for their employees. As a team, they really do try to make the work fun. The people you work with are what really makes it special.Pros:- Super supportive managers and inviting team environments- Ongoing rewards for hard work and hitting goals- Remote work, usually time flexible if you communicate with management- Amazing benefits (medical, 401k match, stock options, etc)Cons:- Quotas and goals are constantly changing- Demanding goals, sometimes easy to get burned out

Would Not Recommend Entry Level Roles

Zillow = smoke & mirrors. Zillow wants to be a FAANG-tier tech company but struggles to compete — let alone keep up — with the industry standard in wages, advancement opportunities, employee perks, workforce satisfaction/loyalty, diversity in leadership, technology, consistency/accountability across processes & teams. Pros: - work from home/flexible hours - benefits/401k match/monthly gym & office supplies reimbursement- stock options/RSUsCons: - junior managers w/ poor leadership skills (i.e. micromanaging) - little to no pathways for growth, advancement structure is “employee led” aka elusive & easier to be put off/discouraged by managers; many stay in their role 2-4 years - high turnover/burn out — constant need for more hands - boring/unrewarding work - not competitive with pay (compared to industry); minimal/non-compelling raisesAdvice to job seekers: use Zillow as a stepping stone if you must, but leave as soon as you can leverage your experience for a better opportunity. My recommendation to Zillow is to be transparent about compensation and timelines for growth & promotion. Otherwise, enjoy the high turnover & keep wondering why no one is engaged with the work.

Pros

Benefits, flexibility/wfh, social justicey

Cons

Bad middle/jr. mgmt, vague paths to promotion, uncompetitive pay/raises, low morale/dead culture, social justicey

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Very poor life/work balance

Very poor work life balance. The company and senior leadership seems to be fully aware of the overall stress that all employees are going through, yet little to no action is taken to address this concern. Instead, they’re focused on growing the business while overworking and underpaying their people. It’s definitely not as “pretty” as it might sound or seem from the outside.

Pros

Dto

Cons

Poor life/work balance; long stressful days; many operational obstacles

Terrible Management and culture

I was in a lower management position with little opportunity for growth. There is a poor workplace culture. Management thinks fast but doesn't finish a thought and often doesn't consider the opinion of those very experienced workers in lower positions.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Poor work culture, little opportunity for advancement

Clear objectives, repetitive work, POVERTY hourly pay, high turnover

Let me first start off with the positives, my experience with management, they’re ok. I’m thankful that they sent us home to work when the pandemic hit. That was a blessing. Basically, it’s a call center, the objectives are clear but the work is repetitive, I get really bored and the pay is Poverty wages. I’ve been here almost 3 years never received a raise so I’ve come to realize.. they don’t give those out to anyone no matter your consistent ranking. I never apply for the team captain positions when they come open bc like any job they have their “favorites.” Plus, I’ve been a team leader before many many years ago on my first job ever and came to realize “it’s just a title.” I took the job because I moved here and couldn’t find a job in my degree field. I hate the shift bids, you’re going to work at least 1 day of the weekend. You work every Holiday except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. They are always asking us to do overtime which can be a blessing and a curse bc you’re trading time for money. The turnover is high… uuummm Zillow maybe if you pay people more, the turnover would decrease. But I get it, the front line people no matter the industry are always told “we value you and you’re important” Lies.. Lip service. They keep your hourly pay low so they can give out the “occasional bonuses.” So, it will forever be a “pit stop” job for people that’s if they can find another job in this market or reinvent themselves like I’m doing currently. I can’t wait to put in my notice. It’s not a place you want to stay for the reasons I stated above. You’re NOT valued. Take control -

Pros

Clear objectives

Cons

Poverty wages, repetitive boring work, work most holidays, and shift bids

Love working from home

No benefits is the downfall. No paid days off, no health insurance. You do get to choose hours you want to work though so that's a plus. You are graded based on your performance. Holidays worked is extra pay.

Productive and Fun Environment

They trained me very well. Management and culture was great. Sales target monthly was stressful but all-in-all a great place to work! One of the best cultures from any call center I worked.

Jobs at Zillow

See more jobs

Good benifits

The company has good benifits, but they do not understand construction processes, and they treat their vendors horrible. We went through more contractors in 6 month because Zillow does not pay very well for contractors working on their properties.

Pros

Great benifits

Cons

Management is terrible, they do not understand the construction process

Great company

Overall this is a very great company. Very transparent with a lot of the changes taking place. The ceo and founder addresses the company directly every month, which I love.

Great work life balance

Good pay and benefits. Allowed employees to go fully remote in 2020 and move wherever they want, and give us a monthly allowance to support home office. Exec leadership is constantly reorganizing and it makes it difficult to see a consistent direction quarter over quarter.

Pros

Location flexibility

Cons

Constantly changing exec leadership structure

Fun and Casual. Heavily Recruit Externally And Through Referrals.

Casual environment. Little room for advancement, but lateral, or "restart" position movements are encouraged from the top down. Management approval is required now for WFH or even changing offices after they declared Zillow will work from home INDEFINETLY. Very liberal. Favoritism is a cultural value, whether they say it or not.

Extremely Biased Company Culture

Unless you fall within a certain gender identity or skin color, you will not be treated fairly. Regardless of how well you perform. Oppressive atmosphere.

Awesome Culture, Pay, and Benefits

Zillow is a really good company to work for. I feel that they generally care about you and want to see you succeed. You can learn a lot through company education provided and they encourage you to move up through the company. Pay and benefits are top notch!

Lots of free food, free sweets, and great team environment

Worked as an intern at Zillow, overall a great company. Managed to improve my work/ life balance as the workload kind of just comes at you. Would love to come back to work there again.

Pros

Lots of support and great team, free food, and nice location (Seattle)

Cons

Workload is not increased or decreased, kind of the same.

I highly recommend working for Zillow. It’s a great company...period.

Great company to work for. I loved everything about it right up until the layoffs. Outstanding support from middle and upper management. Coworkers are awesome. I had a big sense of belonging. Zillow is big on culture and inclusion.

Pros

At least one free lunch a week if you’re in the office.

Cons

Field workers drive a lot. There is some pressure to get reports in on time

More political than the government

No clear methodology why people are in the roles they're in other than being buddies with the right people. It's very secretive, and the commissions you earn and not what you make. Managers will decide to retroactively take money out of your check without letting you know ahead of time. If you don't catch it, they won't tell you about it. They hope you won't confront them. When you do confront them, they tell you "sorry about that. I wish I could go back and change it." BE CAREFUL!

Pros

snacks

Cons

Lack of ethics, and quality managers

Great place to work!

I worked an entry level call center job which was incredibly boring. But it is a great company with excellent pay and benefits and culture with a lot of room and opportunities for advancement if you apply yourself or have a degree.

Great place to work!

Pay & benefitsBenefits packages are amazing.Job security and advancementOne of the biggest things at Zillow is that career growth is highly encouraged.ManagementBy far, THE BEST management I have ever seen in any company.OverallZG is one of the best places to work. Simple as that. Benefits packages are amazing. I was so impressed when I started working with Zillow. Management is probably the best out there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zillow. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

63%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

63%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Zillow with

• Zillow
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?