Zimmer Biomet Employee Reviews

Wonderful Career Development Experience
Director of Trauma (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2019
The past 6 years at Zimmer Biomet has been a remarkable learning experience that has sharpened my marketing and sales skills beyond what I thought possible.

Utilizing my Executive MBA from Notre Dame has provided me with a unique vision for success, and the pathways to get there.

I feel incredibly lucky to be a part of this organization.
Pros
Being a vital asset in the Operating Room
Cons
Working 2 to 3 weekends a month.
Loved it there
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dover, OHJanuary 3, 2019
Zimmer Biomet (Dover, OH location) was a great place to work... I miss it daily. Great people, managers, work life balance, vacation time, culture is improving yearly and they are working to make it better all the time.
Pros
People, Managers, Flexibility
Cons
beneifts are a bit pricey, but very good overall in terms of coverage
Poor management with familial favoritism and no chance of advancement.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 2, 2019
Term 'poor management' is giving them the benefit of the doubt. There is NO MANAGEMENT! The so called management have no business being in their positions. Familial favoritism, cliques, and lack of knowledge for job positions are a few things the management needed to advance in their positions. The company and HR representatives didn't care about the employees at all no matter how many people complained about the management and unfair working conditions. Hostile work environment and bullying are frequent and daily occurrences that are never addressed and are often brushed aside.

In short, DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Cons
Stress, health decline, and poor work environment
Great work environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 28, 2018
Throughout my time at Zimmer Biomet there were many changes taking place as well as issues with the FDA resulting in too much overtime. But all in all it was a great place to work and I regret that I had to leave
Great employer
Cell Support (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 19, 2018
Unfortunately 3rd shift didnt work with my life schedule. Otherwise Id likely still be working for ZB. I am eligible for rehire and am pursuing further employment.
Good pay, High stress
Production Machinist (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 19, 2018
Management fails to communicate between shifts. The constantly changing expectation makes it difficult to confidently produce product. The difference in expectations between shifts has created a hostile environment as each shift interprets instructions differently.
Abiente bueno
Mecanico Industrial (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRDecember 18, 2018
Hay compañerimos y una buena compañia hay momentos malos para todas la compañia y tomado la decision de reducir empleado
Pros
Sss
Cons
Si
Stressful at times; very demanding
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 13, 2018
A good place to learn about the medical device industry. It is a highly regulated industry that requires a certain level of education to succeed. It is also rewarding to know you work for a company that changes people's lives.
Review of Zimmer Biomet
Project Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 11, 2018
Working at Zimmer Biomet was a fantastic experience that allowed me to understand and explore the workings of the orthopedic development industry. My main roles were working as an intern and assisting the engineers with all of their work. This included working through paperwork, coming up with initial designs, rapid prototyping and machining different parts, and conducting product testing.
Productive and fun place to work
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2018
i enjoyed working as an inventory control analyst. i enjoyed learning new things. i learned how to process product complaints. i enjoyed processing RMA.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
no cons
For your health and Sanity...DON'T WORK HERE
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 5, 2018
We are the underdogs. Even though we get everything done, we got treated like we did not matter. Sales Rep did what ever they wanted at no consequence to them. Management looked the other way. They never listened to you. They only did something about it if it affected them, not us
Lots of competition
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 5, 2018
Orthopedic sales is a dying art because of price wars and contracts , as well as the reduction in commissions. I really loved being useful during surgeries but all the driving became too expensive.
My experience
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 5, 2018
In some ways it was very disappointing, as I was lured away from a secure long time position. It gave me a chance to learn a few things but I would really look the place over and the hiring manager before accepting a position.
Pros
Flexible hours, exercise, good pay and benefits
Cons
Debt load company carries, rigid management, disorganized and poorly run
Stressful
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 28, 2018
Selling and servicing surgical supplies and equipment can be very stressful. Working with nuerosurgeons is many times very frustrating. They have a tremendous responsibility and communications with a sales representative can many times be difficult. It took a great deal of confidence to do your job well. I had that confidence.
Pros
Patient satisfaction
Cons
Stress
Na
Lead Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 26, 2018
The company is average when it comes to overall growth of individual. It would be nice if the company concentrates on the growth of the employee as well.
people are nice. pay is good.
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 20, 2018
people are nice, pay is good, just near impossible to get hired on full time. they would rather spend a year retraining someone new rather than hire you fulltime after you spent a year doing training and was a good employee due to their policies sad. but thats the way it is
Some divisions lost the vision
Surgical Sales Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 20, 2018
The division I work in has completely lost sight of current and long term sales trends. Promotion of non sales related managers has left a huge competitive and creative void. Lack the customized products and multiple competitors. Inventory mismanagement has caused huge voids in product availability.
Pros
Great regional sales managers
Cons
Product development, contracting
Great People
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 19, 2018
Zimmer Biomet in Carlsbad, CA has a great core management team that produces great results, however the manufacturing site is closing, so there are obviously no long term benefits here.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Site Closure
Manager (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 9, 2018
Good place to work and great people to work with. Leadership needs to make decisions and take responsibility. Support your people and help improve them.
cleaning and packaging
Cleaning-Packaging (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 7, 2018
Wasn't always in the same dept everynight. Wish I would have been explained that I would have probably stayed. Some people wanted to work, some to just work and flirt all night. I enjoyed my work overall though.
Pros
Free lunches. Friendly people. Great place to work
Cons
Biomet people would try to get us interim in trouble. cause fights. No benefits. Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zimmer Biomet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight