Zimmer Biomet Employee Reviews

I really wanted to keep working
Técnico de Ensamblaje (Former Employee) –  Ponce Municipio, PRSeptember 20, 2018
Well most of the coworkers will teach you everything you need to learn there’s always room to improve and if you want to learn different areas of the industry management is willing to train you and live in different areas that way you can belong like to a family who will recommend anyone work that will want to work
Pros
A Sense of accomplishment
Cons
Nothing really
love this place!
Packager (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 16, 2018
i loved my job at ZB! my supervisor definitely had favorites, which resulted in me losing my job, but had it not been for that specific supervisor i would have stayed there!
4.5 Stars
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOSeptember 13, 2018
Great company I really liked what I did and my boss. However, it wasn't going to be my last job ever, chances are your company won't be either. I have a 10year plan of opening my own comedy club. It is my absolute plan to be the last boss I ever have.
Pros
My Boss
Cons
His Boss
Senior IT Support Lv 3 (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 9, 2018
Stress free environment. Always looking to improve the quality of work. Good communication on what's going on with the company. Recommended place to work
Busy, friendly, not relaxed.
Process Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 7, 2018
Depending on the campus the culture and enjoyment working there will be completely different. The NJ location is friendly and busy. There maybe needs to be more organization for internal management.
job with Zimmer is a contract position, but Zimmer do have lots of benefits for perm employees
Regulatory Affairs Associate (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 29, 2018
Zimmer is a good place to work even as a contractor, they provide training for all employees from contractors to permanent employees, they always do things to give back to the community and employees, incentives, extra time off correct amount of vacation days for employees,
Stay away from production jobs
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  shanon IrelandAugust 27, 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for no inovation all advances are made by manual intervention. All the capable staff have left once the job market had started to expand. Lot of fear and intimitadion to make numbers . The courts are now seeing the fruits of the culture .
Pros
There was a brilliant drive for sucess from the initial staff
Cons
Bad management has made it a soul less place
Loved it!
Sales Reporting Internship (Former Employee) –  Winona Lake, INAugust 27, 2018
I was an intern at ZB for a couple semesters during college and loved it! I learned a lot in this relaxed environment where they encouraged growth both personally and professionally. The teams work together well and take time out of the office to get to know you! I would highly recommend a position with this company.
Horrible place to work
Machinist/Polisher (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 23, 2018
Management (or lack thereof) is ridiculous. Trained monkeys could run that place better. While they never actually say they want more pieces out. Theyll complain about not hitting target, when it's their procedure that ties their own hands. They wont listen to anything a production worker has to say and NEVER want to hear about QUALITY issues. If you bring this up you're sure to have a TARGET on your back and WILL be replaced by someone who will "look the other way". They whole train of thought is "if you dont go looking for a problem, it's not there". The whole "quality" philosophy is just a joke and employees are trained to fool FDA to pass inspection audits!! Was told multiple times and I quote "we know there is bad parts going out, but we cant stop production for it!!" Their slogan is " Made as if intended for family" I heard a MANAGER say and I quote again " only if it's my mother-in-law" WHAT???? This used to be a good company until they merged with Biomet and the whole atmosphere changed. I'm not blaming Biomet, but the lack of unity and harbors a constant hostile work environment much like an infected hair that just festers stench and irritation. Be aware of this place as they will lie straight to you face and not think twice. They ARE cutting labor rates and firing anyone that is at top pay to replace them with a temp making a third of pay and expected to do the same rate. They will promise temps full time and after SEVERAL years just let them go. People have families to provide for and lives to support. This company has lost all morals when it comes this and are only  more... looking to fill their already gold lined pockets. They absolutely dont care about anyone, whether it's the patient the part goes in or the descent human being trying to make a quality part. If I ever need an implant, i will REFUSE one from this company. Do yourself a favor and find a company to work for where you can be appreciated and rewarded for hard work. This is NOT that place!!!  less
Pros
Free backaches and sore hands and fingers
Cons
No sense of security or a single ounce of morality
Friendly & Helpful Environment
Intern, Human Resources Department (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 23, 2018
I loved being in a group of humble individuals, although many of them were paid in the executive level.
I loved how as an intern I was doing way more than fetching coffee and tea.
Pros
Free Lunches
work to no end
Production Machinist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 22, 2018
a lot of empty promises. many meetings about strict company policy and FDA rules that your manager or supervisor wold explicitly tell you to break within days of how serious and penalizing they are.
Good coworkers, horrible management
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 20, 2018
The people where I work are awesome, however management and sales reps make it a very poor experience. There is a trio of supervisors that work together to get rid of anyone they don't like, even behind the back of the immediate supervisor of the person they want gone. Sales reps run the building, stealing stock for themselves, and treating office staff like garbage. Corporate back orders make fulfilling the reps needs almost impossible, creating a cut throat atmosphere with the office stuck in the middle. The pay is decent enough, but you soon enough get dragged down. Would be a great place to work if a few people were replaced.
Most Enjoyable
Medical Education Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 18, 2018
Working with a facet of groups to build an educational course and travel to execute it. Great balance between office and travel and the company is mindful work/life balance.
1099 Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAAugust 14, 2018
Long hours, no base salary. Commission only after your first year as a sales associate. Poor communication between sales reps and middle management. Hard to track sales records of the individual.
Pros
full portfolio to sell, everyday is different with new tasks
Cons
lack of communication, negative coworkers
Not always on the same page...
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 14, 2018
While this company has great potential to be a great company to work for, the different business units are not all on the same page. Opportunity depends on what group you are in. Job security is NOT a thing here and can be very unsettling.
Machinine Operator (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRAugust 13, 2018
Good place to work, great team work! Good place to start a career or grab experience!
Pros
Cons
No promotion to a regular member in a very long time or never comes the oportunity
Fun place to work if you enjoy working in the medical device field
PROJECT COORDINATOR/ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2018
Great culture with opportunities to work on the latest tech being introduced into the operating rooms. Opportunity to work closely from some of the most respected surgeon across the country
areas of high stress, needs to be a motivated employee
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 9, 2018
need to be a team player, requires self motivation and a high degree of skill to be reckonized, skill is required for advancement and operators need to be responsible.
Pros
pay and benifits are competitive
Cons
requires self starters and patience for training
Gone down hill since the merger
Cell Support Operator (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 6, 2018
Zimmer used to be a great place to work. Great pay, atmosphere, benefits, etc were very nice. Once the merger with Biomet happened, it all went downhill. They no longer care about their employees or quality of their products.
The pinnacle of disappointments
Senior Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 6, 2018
Rewards bad employees within the "clique", while ignoring and condemning the employees that carry more than their own weight. Management doesn't listen to their employees, and 90% of your performance is based on perception and not actual performance records.
Cons
Horrible management, awful morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zimmer Biomet. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight