Zimmerman Advertising Employee Reviews

It's not for everyone.
Creative Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2018
Zimmerman's HR department is pretty straight forward when they say, "It's not for everyone." This very true. The company can be a difficult place to endure as it is notoriously demanding and has no respect for work / life balance. That being said, it is for some. If you have talent, are willing to take the abuse and can establish yourself as indispensable there is tremendous opportunity for growth. Aside from that there are not a lot of pros. The culture is anxious and aggressive and the benefits are so so at best.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Poor management, Work/Life Balance, Expensive Family Health Insurance
Aloof management and extremely heavy workloads
Media Planning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2018
Decent salary, poor management and culture. Lack of training and development. No flexibility to work remotely and leaving early for appts is discouraged.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of training and development
Great company to start at
Retail Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 2, 2018
But...They will work you to death for such low pay! The lowest of the lowest in the industry. It's hard to catch a break or even go on vacation without having to be bothered. I was always afraid of taking time off because you are given the guilt trip. Hard work with barely any compensation especially for the account team. Luckily, I had the most amazing coworkers which kept me afloat there.
Great Experience, Horrible Management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 7, 2018
Management is built on the "bully mentality" across the entire agency, from the top-down. Moral is EXTREMELY low all of the time with failed promises.

Will say it has been the best career experience I have ever had, but I cannot imagine having children and working at a place like this.

Opportunity for growth and advancement is talked about but never acted on. Money is literally poverty line degrading to those working 60+ hr work weeks.
Pros
Peer Employees are great
Cons
So.Many.Things.
Zimmerman Doesn't Care About You
Jr. Account Executive - Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 17, 2018
Zimmerman managing team doesn't care about their employees. They work us to the bone and don't pay us fairly, while the top dogs are making 6 figures and there 2 or 3 days a week. Does that sound fair to you?

The biggest plus of this agency is the people. You will make the greatest friends on the planet working here. I wouldn't trade that for the world.
Pros
People
Cons
Salary, Work-Life Balance
Challenging environment but a supportive management/culture
VP/Account Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 19, 2018
I was part of a start up account team so the hours were long but the management support was strong. They have a 24/7 work culture that does make for a difficult work/life balance and as a result, turnover is high.
Very stressful environment
Video Editor / Motion Graphics Designer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 27, 2018
Fast paced advertising company which motto is "you sleep when you die" . Forget about personal life, you live for the company and it is not appreciated at all. Salary is unfair.
In a word, Aweful Experience
Media (Former Employee) –  DallasJune 29, 2017
There is no work/life balance. The pay and benefits at terrible. No one seems happy. It's really not an ad agency. Some of the people are so beat down that they seem strange. Atypical day was chaos and useless meetings that got cancelled or stopped abruptly. I didn't really learn anything new. Management was never around, came in late, left early. There is no culture. The hardest part of the job was getting anyone to answer a question without seeming annoyed. There was nothing enjoyable.
Pros
Cons
Anything uou can think of was bad here
okay place to work
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2013
This company is all about who you know. Its a great place to gain good solid job experience fresh out of college but the place is a revolving door. There is always someone waiting in line to take your place. I worked there for 2 years and had great relationships with all of my co-workers including my bosses. I made a mistake and was fired.

its a big company that likes to plan a lot of events which is cool from time to time but its far from a great company. I enjoyed most of my time there.

Expect to make next to nothing if you're entry level. $24k is standard for people just starting out. it took me 2 years to get up to $30k which is what they should pay from the start. you can also expect to work long hours without compensation for overtime. I've worked 60 hour weeks with nothing extra in my paycheck.

If you get the opportunity to work there I would take it. its the largest agency in Florida.
Do not work here!!!
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2018
Horrible management and work life balance!!! Mean spirited management, they burn and churn their people to death!!! Sweat shop do not work here!!!!!!!!
Fun learning environment, little room to grow
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I have learned so much working for Zimmerman Advertising, as it is a fast-pace agency and you constantly have to be on your toes. They aren't kidding when they say their motto is "24/7" because, you cannot expect to have a life outside of the building once you reach a relevant position. It is very hard to move up in the company, seems like they want to keep everyone pretty stagnant, and everyone is always afraid to give advice on how you can move up in the company, because they feel threatened as if you will take their position. Overall great workplace, and the environment though chaotic, is really awesome.
Pros
Free jamba juice, great 401k benefits
Cons
Long hours, little salary
This was a face pace environment
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 4, 2018
A typical day was to produce about 30 flash banner ads, email campaigns and landing pages.

Management was productivity focused. Workplace culture was work hard and play hard. I really enjoyed the camaraderie of the design team.
Pros
They provided free dinners when we had to do overtime
Cons
It could get very tense at times
Relaxed Environment
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 24, 2014
This company has potential. It's a very big company with hundreds of employees. Our new building is more relaxed and we're really quite happy here. We have more physical room to be creative. However, the department I work in, isn't my favorite. CReativity is frowned on from certain people. Work is recycled, and new ideas are quickly scrapped. Very disappointing. Management (mine specifically) doesn't leap to manage my department well, will not create new ideas, and generally sticks to what is known, even if its been known for the last 10 years.
Aside from management, Zimmerman is quite a decent place to work. When the workload is heavy, and when I'm challenged, I'm generally content. Basically thats the hardest, yet most enjoyable part of this job.

Salary at this place is dreadful, but the vacation and benefits make it more manageable.
Pros
Food Truck Fridays
Cons
Poor management at times
Good job for young professionals coming out of college
a liaison between the client and Retail Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 10, 2018
After paying my dues for 2 years at the organization, was laid off due to loss of business. Ultimately, the top people in the organization are taken care of. The newer employees are constantly circulating.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
no ability to advance within the company
Fun Place to Work
Digital Account Coordinator - Nissan (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 13, 2018
Great for graduates and entry level folks.
Fun environment.
Fun clients.
Organized.
Good processes.
No autonomy.
Very task specific jobs.
Not very rewarding work.
Pros
Cool place and people. Great for making connections
Cons
Not challenging. Not rewarding. Sometimes boring.
A great place to gain experience, not so much to earn a living however
Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 2, 2018
You will learn so many different things at Zimmerman, that if they just simply paid people what they deserved, they would probably stay forever. You are hands on with so many different marketing tools and projects that you will get lost in the opportunity/possibilities. But then you'll go home to either your parents house or your one bedroom shack, because you won't be able to afford to live or do anything.

This is why the turnover rate is so high after one year.
Pros
Great work experience, Nice people
Cons
Quick-paced, Low Pay - did I say low pay?
Great Job Culture - Awful Management
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 22, 2017
Zimmerman will quickly grow on you because luckily the people there quickly become really good friends, and will help you adjust to your position. The work environment and culture truly is strong and a place where you enjoy being. The building and facilities itself are super nice and comfortable to be in. However, it is the complete opposite when it comes to your work managers and the work you have. There is no real organization on title management there. A Junior could be doing a Senior job and still gets paid junior position and there are Directors sitting there doing nothing all day and getting paid 6 figures. There are plenty of talented leaders but they are too caught up in their egos they forget how to lead. Overall, there isn't much room to grow in the company, unless you are completely lucky, which doesn't create a fair process for everyone. The work you will create is nothing creative, you have no creative freedom - Zimmerman does not value the aesthetics only wants to work to be done fast.
Zimmmerman is a great place to work.
Media Payables Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 2, 2018
Zimmerman is a nice place. The people are friendly and you work at your own pace. The owner always reconiznized his employees and always have an open door policy.
Pros
Hour lunch, flexable hours
Cons
Fun place to work, a lot of young people
Junior Integrated Buyer-Broadcast Activation (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 15, 2012
Learned a lot in a short amount of time. Training not always available when needed.
Pros
free lunches, fun people, opportunity for advancement
Cons
long hours, salary is low for entry level positions
A lot of learning, very poor upper management
Senior Account Executive - Nissan (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 29, 2016
You learn a ton, and get great exposure to advertising basics. in office culture is good, upper level management seems very detached from low level employees. work/pay balance is very poor. benefits are poor