Zimmerman Advertising Culture reviews

Aloof management and extremely heavy workloads
Media Planning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2018
Decent salary, poor management and culture. Lack of training and development. No flexibility to work remotely and leaving early for appts is discouraged.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of training and development
It's not for everyone.
Creative Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2018
Zimmerman's HR department is pretty straight forward when they say, "It's not for everyone." This very true. The company can be a difficult place to endure as it is notoriously demanding and has no respect for work / life balance. That being said, it is for some. If you have talent, are willing to take the abuse and can establish yourself as indispensable there is tremendous opportunity for growth. Aside from that there are not a lot of pros. The culture is anxious and aggressive and the benefits are so so at best.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Poor management, Work/Life Balance, Expensive Family Health Insurance
This was a face pace environment
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 4, 2018
A typical day was to produce about 30 flash banner ads, email campaigns and landing pages.

Management was productivity focused. Workplace culture was work hard and play hard. I really enjoyed the camaraderie of the design team.
Pros
They provided free dinners when we had to do overtime
Cons
It could get very tense at times
Great Start to your Career
Nissan Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Zimmerman is where you go to gain experience and then leave. The work culture is awful and there is no such thing as work/life balance. Zimmerman becomes your only life.
Pros
great creative employees, cool office, vacation time
Cons
long hours, horrible pay
Great Job Culture - Awful Management
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 22, 2017
Zimmerman will quickly grow on you because luckily the people there quickly become really good friends, and will help you adjust to your position. The work environment and culture truly is strong and a place where you enjoy being. The building and facilities itself are super nice and comfortable to be in. However, it is the complete opposite when it comes to your work managers and the work you have. There is no real organization on title management there. A Junior could be doing a Senior job and still gets paid junior position and there are Directors sitting there doing nothing all day and getting paid 6 figures. There are plenty of talented leaders but they are too caught up in their egos they forget how to lead. Overall, there isn't much room to grow in the company, unless you are completely lucky, which doesn't create a fair process for everyone. The work you will create is nothing creative, you have no creative freedom - Zimmerman does not value the aesthetics only wants to work to be done fast.
Great first job
Jr. Digital Media Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Learned about google double click advertising and billing. Enjoyed the people I worked with. Workplace was filled with supportive management. Great first job right out of college.
In a word, Aweful Experience
Media (Former Employee) –  DallasJune 29, 2017
There is no work/life balance. The pay and benefits at terrible. No one seems happy. It's really not an ad agency. Some of the people are so beat down that they seem strange. Atypical day was chaos and useless meetings that got cancelled or stopped abruptly. I didn't really learn anything new. Management was never around, came in late, left early. There is no culture. The hardest part of the job was getting anyone to answer a question without seeming annoyed. There was nothing enjoyable.
Pros
Cons
Anything uou can think of was bad here
Great experience
Senior Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 9, 2017
Positive environment, great culture and abundant experience. it is hardworking environment with plenty of team work across the company. It is a joy coming into work everyday
Fast Paced and Competitive
Junior Video Editor/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 12, 2017
Typical day consisted of producing a minimum of 6 car spots a day. Learned many motion Graphic skills. Management was ok. Workplace culture is fast paced and competitive. The hardest part of job was the time spent there. The most enjoyable part was that you learn many motion graphic skills.
Pros
Learn how to sink or swim
Cons
Learn how to sink or swim
Great Company
Integrated Media Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Smart employees, Good leaders, decent company culture. I enjoyed worked in a team-oriented environment and learning from Account Managers, VP, President, and CMO.
Start up job
Senior Media Billing Coordinator - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Always busy, never a dull moment
Learn how to deal with difficult tasks
Management not the best
Great co-workers
Hardest part of a job, not having structure
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
poor managment
A lot of learning, very poor upper management
Senior Account Executive - Nissan (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 29, 2016
You learn a ton, and get great exposure to advertising basics. in office culture is good, upper level management seems very detached from low level employees. work/pay balance is very poor. benefits are poor
Great department
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 1, 2016
Great company. love the department I work in. Everyone works well together. Upper management always keeps us well informed.
Pros
Great company morale, managers are friendly and helpful.
Cons
More pay
Abusive work environment
Senior Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLNovember 19, 2015
Horrible macho business culture where managers take pride in belittling bossing employees. It is not just tolerated by upper management, that is where it comes from. Everyone I know who worked there hates it actively and passionately.

Zero severance, zero notice healthcare is cancelled by Monday.

The only bright side is because it is a sweatshop where they work you to death, you gain lots of experience.

If you go here, go knowing they are bad and have savings exit plan.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Abusive work environment.
Everything that's wrong with advertising
Integrated Media Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 5, 2014
I had a great supervisor but this place is filled with incompetent people who basically stuck around and buy into the deranged culture.
Mostly production work for a huge account
Art Director/Graphic Designer Freelance (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 2, 2013
I worked there for 5 months and it was very niceā€¦ what I liked the most was the coworkers, I believe this company is very strong and has a lot of great thing coming.
Going to Zimmerman has its advantages
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 19, 2012
- It can be a cut throat place to work
- Everyday is a learning experience
- Fast pace environment, which is not bad for mental conditioning
- You get a crash course in "At work Politics".
- I always tell people that I received my Masters Degree at Zimmerman University.
- I'm grateful for getting an opportunity to work there! I appreciate the good and bad times. It molded me into a better Art Director.
Fun work place and good production
Co-op Coordinator/Processor (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 25, 2012
A typical day was getting out as many claims as possible, I learned how to process claims how to work with denials and Co-op overall. Management was good and very organized.My co-workers were fun and had good team production. The hardest part of the days was around the deadline time . The best part of my day was getting everything done on my agenda.
Pros
a lot of events for the clients
Cons
denials