Zions Bancorporation Employee Reviews

It could be better, far better
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 2, 2018
Communication from a few senior leaders lacks and negatively impacts "lower level" staff. Dependant upon position, promotions do not happen. Senior leads favor certain management, leaving other key players unaware of changes or ideas. Pay at many other institutions, depending on position, pay at least 10-15K more a year. Executives are oblivious to salary issuesHealth benefits are typical with basic preventative and high deductible for 10k, with vision and dental reimbursement but not insurance.
Cons
Sick and vacation no longer roll over, promotions are not structured in a fashion that allows you for visual progression, communication lacks on all levels
I worked at the call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTSeptember 21, 2018
Working at the call center is nothing like working at the bank. Being on the phone having someone scream into your ears all day while staring at 2 computer screen is a high stress demanding job. I don't feel they give you enough training before sending you off on your own. Also they keep attendance for days missed and being late. They won't work with on that if you go over your fired. Also some of the managers are very rude and unwilling to htrainingif you need it.
Pros
They have good benifits
Cons
Short breaks, not enough help, attendance
OK Place
SR. LEAD (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 30, 2018
Ok place, behind the times. Need new management with fresh ideas. Status quo here. Managers have no authority over their teams. Everything even days off have to go through upper management. What type of authority does a manager that can't manage their team really have?
Pros
co-workers are nice
Cons
benefits, pay, micromanage
Important to multi task
Fraud Analyst II and Process Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 9, 2018
A typical day is very busy. Need to multi task and organize the work to complete it on time.
Good work family life balance.
Company is very goal oriented
Opportunities to be crossed trained in other Departments
Supportive Management
The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to catch fraud and save the customer for becoming a victim of fraud
Cons
Healthcare, no annual bonuses, low raise increases
Good company with conservative philosophy.
Auditor II - Trust Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 3, 2018
Good company to work for, good hours and company culture. The company provides decent benefits and nice work conditions.
The company mission is a little conservative, but well planned.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Employee health plan
Great workplace for a graduate student
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake County, UTMay 7, 2018
Zions is a good place to work for while attending graduate school or while pursuing a bachelor's degree. Management is great to work for, employees are typically easy to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Benefits aren't the greatest
Good people
Communication Officer II (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 3, 2018
Most people at Zions were eager to help you learn and grow, both personally and professionally. The overall benefits were good, though the medical insurance option(s) were lacking.
Pros
Better than average culture.
Cons
Management seemed distant and inaccessible.
Great people but lousy benefits
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2018
People that work at this company are awesome! It's what made me want to work for them a second time but the benefits are horrible. Max 4 weeks vacation and that's after 15 years. You start at 2 weeks unless you're salary, then you're maxed out at 4 weeks. They also have awful health insurance plans with high deductibles. If they had better benefits and more than 4 weeks of vacation, I'd have probably been a lifer.
Pros
Great atmosphere and people
Cons
Benefits, vacation, severely outdated technology
Busy and interesting
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  St. George, UTMay 6, 2018
Fast paced work environment but very compensated with discounts and opportunities to make more money. Promote from within and opportunities to advance.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Managers are horrible DO NOT APPLY!
Wire Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2018
Over worked & under paid. They don't care about their employees. Managers don't know their own department process. Leads are horrible No help at all. They expect you to shut up and listen and if you speak up about problems they target you. Employees are assigned queues that are extremely busy and are expected to finish your work while taking multiple calls through out the day. You don't finish your work you get in trouble, you don't answer phones to finish your work you get in trouble. Higher up management has been notified about feeling short staffed and over worked but their answer was "why hire more people when 1 worker can do the job of 3"
DO NOT APPLY DO NOT APPLY DO NOT APPLY

If you do apply and get hired good luck.
Pros
Good schedule
productive place
Corporate Trust Division Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 6, 2018
as an intern a learned a lot about municipal bonds and banking. I felt welcome to work for the team even though I was only there temporary. Most complaints were that people did not have good health benefits.
Great place to work if you have a family.
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2018
The work life balance is valued at this company. However the culture is very conservative and Utah based. The compensation is comparable when considering the work/life balance.
Good place to work. Good start. Not great pay but its a paycheck
SBA Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2018
I worked in a small office and so the culture was a bit different than corporate offices. The job was great. The pay was very low with not a lot of opportunity to get a decent pay raise or move up quickly.
Pros
A job, good people
Cons
Pay
Zions doesn’t value their employees
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2018
Most Zions employees are overworked, underpaid for what they do and their responsibilities, and not given good benefits. There’s not actual dental/vision insurance and the health care is expensive.
Pros
401k, advancement
Cons
Benefits, stress, etc.
Zions is a wonderful company to work for.
Bankcard Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 28, 2018
Great company! They have a great team, great benefits and we had free coffee all day. The managers do their jobs well, I learned a
lot from my one on one coaching sessions. I would recommend Zions to anybody who wants a long term position with a great company.
Productive and a great place to work if you got family
Teller III (Supervising Teller/Shift Manager) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 24, 2018
They worked with me all the time whenever i needed to be there for my family. They always wanted to let me know that there are always options for me to move up in this company and they will help me learn and grow. They are friendly and they treat you like family.
Benefits
Cons
cant think of any
is a good place to work or start helps with allowing to go to school
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kanab, UTJune 29, 2018
is a productive place, that answer calls from clients about their accounts, game incentives to reach sales goal. management cared out the people is only good for people who can handle the stress of clients upset about their accounts.
most enjoyable is able to help clients and coworkers with questions that needed to be answered.

also helping coworkers with questions that needed to be answered when coaches or supervisor were to busy to answer
Pros
would have games, lunches for free after holidays, and also getting to work from home
Cons
healthcare not good, didn't have good dental or vision, breaks off the phones to short
Great Place to work
Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  UTJanuary 25, 2018
I have really enjoyed my time working at Zions. The people are great, and my managers have been amazing!
The benefits package leaves much to be desired.
Pros
work-life balance, Great Culture
Cons
Benefits, Pay Increases
Good place to keep your head down and never advance
IT DATA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 25, 2018
The people were great and I had friends there. I had a few stinker managers but most of my bosses were very good. However; once you are hired on at a lower salary you will not see it rise very much or very frequently. And after awhile the new hires with less experience will be hired on at more than the senior people make with no hope of the long term employees ever getting decent raises. Over the years trainings and opportunity to learn new skills pretty much evaporated and your expected to learn new skills by yourself and not on the companies dime.
Top management keeps switching around and every time a new VP or COO gets in they completely "reorganize" their divisions. In 7 years I had more upper managers than I can remember and was moved to different building more then 5 times. This constant shift in organization means a lot of the overall vision or strategy gets lost in the cracks and as soon as you start moving the ship towards one set of goals a new boss is coming in and all that will be flushed down the toilet to work on the new COO's goals and vision. 401k is good but the health benefits are awful and keep getting worse and worse; even for a high deductible plan the monthly premiums are ridiculous and the company does not contribute to HSA's at all. We used to have holiday parties or dinners at least and measly $100 xmas bonus but those all got phased out for cost savings - even though the bank is highly profitable.
Pros
Good people; good work life balance.
Cons
Terrible benefits and too much shifting of upper management
Great place to work!
Online Banking Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 18, 2018
I started at Zions Bank in the Customer Service Area (TOPS) and I learned a lot, from banking language to how to manage my personal finance. I great place, great benefits and amazing working culture.
Pros
free lunches, bonuses, gifts
Cons
Building with small rooms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zions Bancorporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight