Zions Bancorporation

Zions Bancorporation Employee Reviews

Laid back
Nice place to work. They provided parking which is a plus, because downtown parking can get expensive paying daily. Business casual was great for me.
Not a great employer
Work to home life is encroached upon frequently. Executive management is fixated on their bottom line without a concerned of whom below is affected. Promotions are granted to those who fit a certain image.
Good Place to Work
Zions offers lots of opportunities to grow and learn. Depending on the position and manager they are flexible with the hours worked. They also push employees to have a work-life balance.
Outsourced to overseas
A normal Day at the Zions IT Service Desk consists of helping people learn how to use a computer and how to use the programs that the bank uses and creates.
Solid company
Zions Bancorporation is a solid company to work for. The best thing to me is the work/life balance, they are very flexible and for my position, I have the option to work remote which really helps. However, don't expect them to be on the cutting edge of technology. They are about 10-15 years behind in technology.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Productive place, tries to keep work-life balance
Zions pays less and states they are more family and work-life balance oriented - not always true. Leadership is learning to be professional. Technology is very balanced and striving to remain current.
Pros
most engineers are 8-5 3 out of 4 weeks a month
Cons
Pay is low average
Different departments to work in to learn different jobs
Different experiences in different departments. Learned lots of systems ie. xnet, excel, word, microsoft outlook. Lots of changes happening within the bank.
Stressful work enviroment with unclear future objectives
Zions tends to have a lot of stress attached to their job positions. At times management is under qualified to perform their necessary duties. Many tasks are unnecessary and the company does have a lot of meetings where things don't always get completed and are wasteful.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Zions Bancorporation?
nice place
Nice place to work, volunteer opportunities, and great environment to work in. Good PC equipment and fairly nice conference rooms.

Over all, nice place to work
Pros
family time
Benefits
Zions Bancorp
Been with company now for over 24 years and have held several different job within organization. President of Zions Bank is a great person to work for and several of the executive managers.
Pros
Free Banking Services
Cons
Poor health benefits
Loan specialist
Absolutely loved working for Zions. They are very family oriented and work hard to move you up from within the company. The benefits could use improvement. Over definitely recommend working here.
It was okay.
It seems like a job to just get you by. I personally just cannot do call centers. The work environment was laid back. Management was kind. Overall just not what I see myself doing for longer than a year
Silos and more silos
Find another place to consider. The left hand doesn't know where the right hand is. Long term employees are selfish and are not team players. Management is a complete joke.
It was ok as long as you were friends with management.
Management does not have you back and keeps you in the dark about everything. They promote their own friends to positions they are not qualified for. Management discuss's other employees performance with non management employees.
Pros
8-5 pm, M-f, use your cell phone whenever
Cons
Not flexible, little overtime
Great place to work on your own without constant supervision
Zions Bancorp offers a very wide range of employee assistance and benefits. Job opportunities exist in several different states. Very organized company and enjoy working there.
Employees are loyal
Zions fosters a sense of loyalty towards the company. Employees tend to stay and work for Zions for a long time. Being able to work downtown SLC is a plus.
Love working there, health care isn't great though
Typical day, approve invoices, print checks, stuff envelopes, mail them out. New programs to learn. Self taught. Very busy. Pick it up quick and try not to get overwhelmed.
Pros
Lunch room cafeteria, fair pay
Cons
healthcare limited, can be monotonous
Love the job
Love the job, people, etc. People are great much moving up within the company. Lots of opportunity. Fast paced, high expectations but helpful supervisors and other coworkers.
Productive and Fun place to work...yes in a bank!
Bank teller work is more than counting cash, depositing & withdrawing money for customers. There are Federal regulations to maintain and details that are an absolute must. Of course, every customer "client" thinks you can just do whatever it is that they need or want done. They get upset beyond words if you don't or can't. The co-workers that I had were great ! We were diverse and daily work was challenging but we pulled each other up everyday! Excellent learning process and I was blessed with great team leader and co-workers that helped me think or catch me before I made huge mistakes. I miss them but I missed my home state of Texas and family more!
Pros
Benefits and growth potential
Cons
Constant changes in regulations...must learn & must do!
Perfect Fit
I love working for Zions Bank. Management is very understanding, and they have a great work/life balance here. I finally feel like I’m at a job I feel secure with. I love being able to provide for my family but still be part of their lives and experiences.
Pros
Schedule, Management, co-workers, pay
Cons
Very little loyalty to employees
I worked there for over 10 years and they eliminated the position I was in. They did not help me find other employment. I went into a very cold meeting with my boss and an HR employee where they told me I no longer had a job and sent me on my way, crying down the elevator. I emailed HR several times with severance and other questions and was ignored and spoken to like I was fired.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zions Bancorporation. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight