Zions Bank Employee Reviews

Strong competitor in banking
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 14, 2018
Advance from within and offer great mentors. Felt appreciated, accepted, and valued as an employee. Gives time and money to the community. Ethical and Strong established bank, with growth potential.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401k, Management
A great place to work
Peak-Time (Travelling) Teller (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 7, 2018
During my time with Zions I loved the culture of the company. Zions prides itself by putting its customers and employees first and as a result it was adored by the people in SLC.
Loved the work enviroment
Wire Transfer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 15, 2018
The everyday work was repeatative. Loved working with all of our clients on a daily basis. Management was great they didn't micromanage you. The place was a great office environment. The hardest part of the job was at the end of day for the dead line.
Pros
Acomplishment
Cons
stress at end of day
Some good local branches.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 25, 2018
Technology for employees is terrible.
A good variety of accounts and services.
Some free checking accounts and really sophisticated treasury management products
Pros
Local back office support
Cons
Internal systems and network.
Zions Bancorporation
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 19, 2018
Zion's always rewarded employees with yearly company get together. They always had flexibility in your schedule for doctor appointments, or for your personal needs. Great place to be employed.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Job advancement
Good company to work for
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 18, 2018
Quick-paced environment with in-house training. Some management isn't as good as others, but certain branch managers create a fun environment for employees.
Credit Analysis & Underwriter
COMMERCIAL CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 13, 2018
Underwrote commercial loans and assisted relationship managers often acting as their back up in loan closings and bookings. Job also required spreading of financial statements in Moody's. Great environment to learn
Pros
Middle and upper management was very friendly and supportive
Cons
At the time there appeared very room to pursue other opportunities
Work
Senior Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2018
Great Place, enjoyed the people and culture here. We all worked together as a team to accomplich our goals and objectives. I would recommend this company.
non understanding.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 31, 2018
It used to be a great place to work. Not enough help and support from top management. Had surgery used sick time. Not understanding of the time I took off.
Pros
hours
Cons
stressful
Not a bad place to work
Personal Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTAugust 29, 2018
I enjoy working at Zions, it has its challenges like any employment does but overall It has provided a positive work experience. The work is satisfying sometimes but other times it is monotonous. An example of a good day would be a day that has consistent walk in traffic where I get the opportunity to get to know someone new and help them with their financial goals. A not so great day would be a day that is slow or overwhelmed with menial maintenance tasks.
Pros
professional
Cons
competition for business within the organization
Managment
Loan Specialist/Corporate Trust Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2018
The management in my department tend to care more about those who do poor work than those who actually get things done. Very frustrating.

My boss has been waiting over a year for a raise when she got to her new position. She still has not received it.

While the management is lacking I did enjoy my work and my co-workers.
fsr
Teller/FSR (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTAugust 17, 2018
opened new accounts, cross sell products, new asset quota, deposits, account maintenance, included basic teller job functions to,loans, no overtime and fair pay for college, high school people. Managers can make a good living but corporate is where you will be able to make a career and great living.
Pros
worked around schooling
Cons
growth in branches
Fun workplace
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2018
Always celebrate birthdays and have some sort of potluck and had this great momentum of getting the work done as a team in a timely manner. Great people.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
long hours at times
great work pLACE
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work, was consistant and steady. While helping customers its best to catch up on your reviewed teller lessons. occassional fast paced work setting.
Pros
nice peopel
Cons
not lots of advancement
Teller
Floating Teller (Current Employee) –  FloaterAugust 9, 2018
Was a good job but didn't pay enough. Management and coworkers were great. I had to travel to different locations. Got to interact with lots of awesome people.
Pros
lunch
Cons
traveling
Run the other direction
Department Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2018
When a company decides you have to start bringing your own cups for water or your own napkins while their management teams take an all expenses paid by the company trip to Hawaii for a "client meeting" - that tells you everything you need to know about Zions.
Pros
Cons
If youre BFFS with an EVP you get to run the place too
Excellent place to work
VP Branch Manager IV, Business Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 18, 2018
The best company I worked for, the only reason I'm leaving is that I'm moving closer to my family and there is not Zions Bank in Atlanta
Excellent training, great culture, great respect for employees, great supervisors
Zions Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 11, 2018
My co-workers were great to work with. The management, not so much. The benefits were good, and the vacation time was great. My immediate supervisor was not flexible with different ways of doing things.
Great company to work for.
IT Customer Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 28, 2018
Provide quality customer service on inbound support calls, support tickets, and e-mails.
Maintain high productivity and use time effectively by achieving department goals for manned time.
Attend scheduled team meetings, training sessions, and learning opportunities.
Maintain knowledge of company policies, procedures, and programs by frequently checking resources, reading e-mails, updates, and information.
Proactively identify coaching/training opportunities on incoming calls, chats, support tickets, and e-mails, and give information that will enhance and improve customer satisfaction.
Too much "good ole boys" and not enough diversity of opinion
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2018
Don't work here. They don't value opinions aside from their own and the leadership is all too old and disconnected from reality to know how to lead this bank. They lean on their name recognition to get them in the door and then mistreat their customers and employees.

If you make one mistake the senior leadership will just blacklist you and you'll never get off their list. I was blocked for transfers into new roles more times than I can count.
Pros
The people in the trenches are great
Cons
Senior leadership only cares how something looks on them.