Zions Bank Employee Reviews

Business Development
SVP & Commercial Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Prove, UTJanuary 21, 2019
At its core, commercial banking is a business development job. In my opinion, there is too much emphasis on new business development and not enough on existing client development. Zions Bank tries to do both well, with varying degrees of success. Management is focused on growing the business. The culture is changing with many new managers from outside the bank. The hardest part of the job is balancing my time between taking care of my clients and building relationships with new prospects who will become customers.
Pros
You will learn a lot
Cons
Benefits are average
Managment
Loan Specialist/Corporate Trust Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2018
The management in my department tend to care more about those who do poor work than those who actually get things done. Very frustrating.

My boss has been waiting over a year for a raise when she got to her new position. She still has not received it.

While the management is lacking I did enjoy my work and my co-workers.
Strong competitor in banking
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 14, 2018
Advance from within and offer great mentors. Felt appreciated, accepted, and valued as an employee. Gives time and money to the community. Ethical and Strong established bank, with growth potential.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401k, Management
Zions Bank lacks in accountability in their culture, too many meetings
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJune 7, 2018
Zions Bank suffers from a general lack of accountability from their employees. Management structure is overall a little weak. I have seen a considerable amount of turnover at Zions considering they are better than average at salary for the area but the health benefits are poor.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
health benefits
with better benefits would be a good job
CUSTOMER SERVICE/BANKCARD AGENT (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 15, 2019
easy to get to, decent working conditions although all new jobs were 'work at home' which i have no interest in. they have a terrific 401K with immediate vesting but their dental and vision and (especially) medicals benefits are terrible.
Pros
decent pay, if you like work at home that could be a benefit. 401K
Cons
lousy/terrible benefits (other than 401K).
A fast, and consistant work experience.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 28, 2019
The work isn't super hard, and everyone is friendly there. They offer a variety of benefits, and enough opportunity to move up if you don't get into any final warnings. Unfortunately they push the workforce hard with a strict Verint regiment, and occurrences for days missed.
Pros
Vacation and benefits.
Cons
Verint and occurances.
Zions Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 11, 2018
My co-workers were great to work with. The management, not so much. The benefits were good, and the vacation time was great. My immediate supervisor was not flexible with different ways of doing things.
Credit Analysis & Underwriter
COMMERCIAL CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 13, 2018
Underwrote commercial loans and assisted relationship managers often acting as their back up in loan closings and bookings. Job also required spreading of financial statements in Moody's. Great environment to learn
Pros
Middle and upper management was very friendly and supportive
Cons
At the time there appeared very room to pursue other opportunities
I enjoyed my job and coworkers and customers
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDNovember 30, 2018
I was an on call part time teller. I covered three branches with traveling to Moscow as needed. I made okay wages but no benefits. There have been alot of changes recently so I dont know how things are now.
Loved the work enviroment
Wire Transfer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 15, 2018
The everyday work was repeatative. Loved working with all of our clients on a daily basis. Management was great they didn't micromanage you. The place was a great office environment. The hardest part of the job was at the end of day for the dead line.
Pros
Acomplishment
Cons
stress at end of day
Teller
Teller (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, UTFebruary 8, 2019
Being the sole provider is is very hard when you have a child and bills to pay. Being a teller is hard when you are trying to start a family. Management is not the best.
Zions Bancorporation
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 19, 2018
Zion's always rewarded employees with yearly company get together. They always had flexibility in your schedule for doctor appointments, or for your personal needs. Great place to be employed.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Job advancement
A great place to work
Peak-Time (Travelling) Teller (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 7, 2018
During my time with Zions I loved the culture of the company. Zions prides itself by putting its customers and employees first and as a result it was adored by the people in SLC.
Some good local branches.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 25, 2018
Technology for employees is terrible.
A good variety of accounts and services.
Some free checking accounts and really sophisticated treasury management products
Pros
Local back office support
Cons
Internal systems and network.
fsr
Teller/FSR (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTAugust 17, 2018
opened new accounts, cross sell products, new asset quota, deposits, account maintenance, included basic teller job functions to,loans, no overtime and fair pay for college, high school people. Managers can make a good living but corporate is where you will be able to make a career and great living.
Pros
worked around schooling
Cons
growth in branches
Run the other direction
Department Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2018
When a company decides you have to start bringing your own cups for water or your own napkins while their management teams take an all expenses paid by the company trip to Hawaii for a "client meeting" - that tells you everything you need to know about Zions.
Pros
Cons
If youre BFFS with an EVP you get to run the place too
Vice President / Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 29, 2018
The Bank continues to expect more from its employees, by eliminating systems or support staff that are keys to getting things done efficiently, while expecting employees to cover those areas as well as exceeding expectations in their current role. Part of this stems from regulations, most is from management decisions. Many, many employees feel overwhelmed, frustrated, ignored, exploited, etc. It was a great place to work, but has changed significantly over the last few years, and has become a difficult place to work and feel gratified and recognized at the end of the day.
Pros
Learning and experience from working with varying clientele.
Cons
Expectations exceed human abilities, must be a super hero.
Good company to work for
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 18, 2018
Quick-paced environment with in-house training. Some management isn't as good as others, but certain branch managers create a fun environment for employees.
Zion Bank has a big lunch room for employees, also they provide free coffee and chocolate for employees.
Bankcard Agent (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 24, 2019
It was a very fast paste work environment, you learn a lot of banking information, very good place to work coworkers are very friendly. They are always playing games with the employees and always making it fun for everyone.
Pros
company parties
Cons
2 breaks and 30 min lunch
non understanding.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 31, 2018
It used to be a great place to work. Not enough help and support from top management. Had surgery used sick time. Not understanding of the time I took off.
Pros
hours
Cons
stressful