Zions Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great
Axis41, Salt Lake - Account Director (Former Employee) –  SLCJune 22, 2018
I didn't actually work for Zions. I was a working for an Agency - Axis41 - and they were a client.

Great people there.

This website is taking them as an employee and forcing me to fill this out.
Too much "good ole boys" and not enough diversity of opinion
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2018
Don't work here. They don't value opinions aside from their own and the leadership is all too old and disconnected from reality to know how to lead this bank. They lean on their name recognition to get them in the door and then mistreat their customers and employees.

If you make one mistake the senior leadership will just blacklist you and you'll never get off their list. I was blocked for transfers into new roles more times than I can count.
Pros
The people in the trenches are great
Cons
Senior leadership only cares how something looks on them.
Saddened
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2018
I'm extremely unhappy that the main bank chose to close this municipal funding unit because of the financial housing crisis. I must say that the severance package was more than fair. If this unit was there, I'd probably still be working there.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
Closed
Zions Bank lacks in accountability in their culture, too many meetings
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJune 7, 2018
Zions Bank suffers from a general lack of accountability from their employees. Management structure is overall a little weak. I have seen a considerable amount of turnover at Zions considering they are better than average at salary for the area but the health benefits are poor.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
health benefits
Private Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 1, 2018
As much as I enjoyed my job, they had cliques you had to be apart of to really strive. You could be the best employee they had, but if you didn't do this or didn't enjoy that, then you are pretty SOL.
If you have a choice, DON’T DO IT!!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTMay 6, 2018
Horrible training at the Vernal Branch! Watch a video then ok here ya go! Antiquated computer system. Expectations to sell customers at a bank are unrealistic! People are nice! However nice doesn’t get the job done. Plus lots of women so lots of catty, bad mouthing, drama!!
Great place to start and move to bigger and better.
Financial Center Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 30, 2018
Good place to come learn a lot as they do offer lots of chances for promotions if you take them and look. If you get stuck it don't worry it happens to most of the people that may work there. But they don't pay you well for the amount of work that is put forth.
Pros
Chill
Cons
Don't pay very well for the work you do.
Vice President / Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 29, 2018
The Bank continues to expect more from its employees, by eliminating systems or support staff that are keys to getting things done efficiently, while expecting employees to cover those areas as well as exceeding expectations in their current role. Part of this stems from regulations, most is from management decisions. Many, many employees feel overwhelmed, frustrated, ignored, exploited, etc. It was a great place to work, but has changed significantly over the last few years, and has become a difficult place to work and feel gratified and recognized at the end of the day.
Pros
Learning and experience from working with varying clientele.
Cons
Expectations exceed human abilities, must be a super hero.
Zions
Financial Service Representative/Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Salina, UTMarch 13, 2018
I worked at Zions First National Bank for 17 years. I advance through the company from teller, vault manager, Financial service manager. I learned a lot about banking. Loved finding products to help the clients for their needs. Working with coworkers and becoming friends.
Excellent
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Hailey, IDFebruary 22, 2018
I loved working for Zions Bank, the only reason I left was due to my husbands job relocating. I would work for Zions Bank again if the opportunity arose.
3890 sorter processes
Processor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84119February 19, 2018
i work 3890 processes sorter for checking and statement sent to mail department . also i work all 3 different bank for 22 years same as 3890 sorter position and i had more experience i love work bank but it is sad they laid me off
Pros
n/a
Cons
good health insurance and 401k retirement
Great Work environment
SBA Loan Closer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 5, 2017
Very fast paced. As long as you get your work done you can do whatever you want. Great culture everyone is really friendly. It is really hard to advance in this field.
Productive & fun
ACH Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2017
Management fair to everyone in regards to salary and workloads. Teamwork great and everyone gets a long very well. Probably still be working with this bank but the department re located to another state.
Nice place
Commercial Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2017
Zions Bank is a very large place and the cultures can be different which depends on which department you are in. Department level changes can be quickly made, but Bank Wide policy changes will take years to transform.

Zions Bank recently purchased large software packages that still have many bugs to work through. Overall I think it is a nice place to work, but other banks will pay more.
Pros
Banking hours and Bank Holidays
Cons
Health care benefits are HSA based
Productive fun environment to work in.
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2017
Great place to work. Good job security and awesome bonuses. All about promoting from within. Would definitely recommend Zions Bank for a place to work.
Interesting place to work
Peak Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 7, 2017
Interacting with clients depositing and withdrawing money. Learned how to count money fast, good with numbers. Little room for advancement. The culture is not as exciting as one would hope.
Pros
Nice place
Cons
boring
Enjoyable place to work
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 27, 2017
work with others to facilitate commercial loans. Would like to see management take an interest in the review process of all employees. I enjoy helping clients with problems.
Pros
8 hour days
Cons
no short term disability, no formal review process
Good work life balance, struggling vision
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 20, 2017
Bankers hours, low stress environment, struggle to keep employees due to tight staffing and overworked retail staff. If internal processes improve can really take off, however, vision keeps changing and there is a lack of direction. Constant changes in organizational structure.
Pros
Work life balance, great people
Cons
Internal processes are too slow for approvals making clients suffer
This is an okay company to work for if you are young and have a college degree.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2017
I would go into work in the morning and sort and check codding on work. i would the process my work by entering each invoice according to company policy.
Decent Place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 25, 2017
Zions is excellent about allowing time for family. You don't have to work 60-80 work weeks. My dissatisfaction comes from my personal choice to remain in the Provo region where there is little opportunity for growth/mobility. If I lived nearer to central office I believe I would be far more satisfied as mobility is much easier there.
Pros
Flexible, willing to work with schedules/family
Cons
No ability to advance