Ziosk Employee Reviews

Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and Contracts
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2018
very little work life balance; however, very nice working environment among the team, people are very nice. a lot of challenges in the job which makes it exciting.
Ziosk
Point of Sales Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 9, 2018
Wasn't too thrilled with it. Compensation was very low. I felt that the management of the group I worked with was subpar. Our group was relegated to working in a garage loading dock so there wasn't much interaction with other employees.
Compelling Opporunity
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75251February 7, 2018
Ziosk presents an extremely unique opportunity to implement technology in a manner that provides discernable, difference-making impact to our clients and their guests. More than simply a technology platform, Ziosk strives to have impact.

The culture is also unique, with a strong sense of family accessible to anyone ready to give of themselves. There are numerous people ready to demonstrate sincere and engaged interest with their co-workers.

There are challenges for the company as it often operates in unchartered waters as a technological innovator. Balancing the interest of our clients, while still operating in our own interest can be difficult..
Pros
purpose, employees, opportunity
Cons
relatively young, relatively small
Avoid
Anonymous employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2018
A lot of politics and poor character. Car dealer offer letter tactics, toxic company culture, pitiful benefits, low pay, no way to be recognized, It's just sad. I hope for the sake of the few good souls that work there the ship turns around FAST
Premise is good, but ran and structured ineffective
administrative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2017
The people who work there have great pride in the product and the company, but that's about as far as it goes. The organization structure is ineffective at best. I thought it was hilarious and weird that the org chart was not shared with employees. Like seriously! How are you supposed to work with people you don't even know what everyone does? It was shared in the "on boarding process", but when asked if I could have a copy at my desk to reference, was told they don't share it with employees! HA! Overall, poor management, overworked staff and clear favoritism on all levels made this work environment very toxic! I would not recommend this as a place to thrive and see success. Taught me what type of company to steer clear of!
Pros
Free snacks and lunches on occasion.
Cons
Poor management, Ineffective organization structure, Health Benefits are expensive and cover next to nothing, no room for advancement
Nice atmosphere for the company and employees who work upstairs
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2017
totally different atmosphere downstairs in the warehouse area ....employees are not looked at as the same as upstairs.
There looked down upon. No room for advancement if you start in the warehouse,
Pros
serve lunches at company meetings
Cons
no room for advancement
Great startup company
Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2017
Overall great place to work as far as the culture and the overall atmosphere. HR seems to be more interested in working in the company's best interest rather than the company's employees as individuals. Being that it is a start up company, no room for growth unless you are in a managerial position.
Pros
Free lunches from the company's clients
Cons
Each employee has to do the job of 5 employees
Working In The Warehouse Was Bad
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2016
I worked in the warehouse part of the company repairing the Ziosk units and the chargers for the batteries. The pay, PTO, and benefits were good. I enjoyed the people who I worked with.

Upper management was fairly neglectful of the warehouse.

The manager was awful. Blatant favoritism, never lifted a hand to help. Put IP cameras up to watch us from upstairs even though his office was in the warehouse. Didn't put a camera in the back where receiving was and where an employee was selling drugs. Seemed kinda shady. Also constantly threatened jobs for small things.
Pros
Hour lunch, Two 15min paid breaks, Decent healthcare
Cons
Managment