Zips Car Wash Employee Reviews

Horrible Company
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 19, 2019
Horrible company to work for. The operations managers don't care about the employees and could care less about how anyone feels. Seems like the promotions are ran on a buddy system instead of the deserving employees. Not to mention if you mess up one time, no raise for you, as if a coaching isn't good enough. Oh and they make their managers take pictures of everyone that works for them every single day, it's so creepy and uncomfortable to work here. I would never recommend anyone to work here... if you're thinking of applying, run! Go somewhere else. Anywhere else is better than here.
Pros
Free wash
Cons
Operations managers, company values, creepy pics daily
If youre a kid
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAApril 16, 2019
It's an ok job for a kid. Management was poor. Lead customer associate shouldn't have been lead. The job is easy enough but the work environment sucked.
Awful place to work
LCSA (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 10, 2019
None of the managers know how to do their jobs. They don’t care about the employees, they only care about themselves. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to this job. Corporate slurps donkey noodles just as much as management. Nothing but empty promises with the expectation of going above and beyond. I hope all the zips burn to the ground.
Pros
Free washes because I’m a G
Cons
Don’t do it
very busy and fast past.
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76114April 4, 2019
The managers would often pick favorites. I was expected to know everything when i went to my location after training. I pulled alot of doubles because they were short staffed but i learned alot from it.
a typical day at work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNMarch 24, 2019
I would get to work and something would be broken, and the manager would do nothing to fix it and didn't inform the customers that something was broken. I would sometimes be left on my own doing normal work, or I would have to deal with a frustrated customer.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Poor management
If u work there I’d make it temporary
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMarch 21, 2019
I worked there for a Year and about 6 or 7 months. No pay raises. They tried bumping me up from a CSA to a LCSA without a pay raise as well I declined and ever sense then it was like they were looking for a reason to fire me. Managers aren’t to bad but the company it self will definitely go downhill soon, and I hope so👍🏻
Pros
Super easy job just gets busy sometimes
Cons
Don’t expect to be able to live if this job or move up
Terrible due to Management
Lead Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 24, 2019
If it wasn't for the General Manager for Zips, I think I would've retired with the company. He's lazy and leaves the store to go play Pokemon Go. He never did anything. I ran the car wash. His boss would never do anything about anything because hes soft.
Pros
a job
Cons
everything
Thought this job would be a fun temporary job..turns out it was TERRIBLE
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 3, 2019
Management didn’t do their job...didn’t take anything serious in a days work...managers made everybody else working do everything around the place while they sit in the office during a days shift
Cons
No breaks, no raises as promised and talked about, bad management
Zips, a right place for right people.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dunn ave, Jacksonville Fl.January 20, 2019
Zips has a huge opportunity to make a great career out of it. Has plenty of opportunities for advancement. Zips has put forth a method for you to advance your self in the company. Seriously, if you work for Zips and do not know how to do this please get with your district manager. they should be able to explain these steps to you.
Pros
1 hour lunch, flexible scheduling, ease of promotions.
Cons
If there is a con, Zips will deal with it and remove it from being a con.
Be your own boss
Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 8, 2019
Great place to work if you enjoy a widespread list of duties. Everyday requirements but something new daily. Easy advancements and fast paced wor environment.
Pros
Very structured
Cons
Transportation required for advancement
Interesting Experience
Lead Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 30, 2018
The staff is great to work with, but, though my job requires me to train the new hires, I was never properly trained myself. The job sometimes have us working in dangerous conditions and issues would not be fixed in weeks or months. Even when something is obviously wrong to the point that customers would notice it—like soap not getting dispensed through the wash—we are required to stay open. Without a manager to guide us or help us, being the only location without a dedicated manager too, it's tough. It's an interesting first job experience, one that I've learned a lot from. One good thing I got from this was learning to get over my social anxiety.
Pros
1 hour lunch break, friendly staff
Cons
dangerous conditions, terrible management
nice laid back
lead/ top sales associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2018
Best pat of working at Zips Car Wash is the people. Especially if you like working with different people. Also everybody that works for this company is very friendly.
Very nice and funny people. Very caring!
Lead Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNDecember 5, 2018
Always helpful to the public. When someone has a problem there right on it! Works as a great team. Customers can be hard to deal with sometime ,but we always try make them satisfied in the end.
Pros
Get to be outside!!
Cons
The winters are very cold.
It’s an okay work place
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 1, 2018
Zips has its ups and downs, its a good place to start out but when you work there so long the management starts to treat there employees not to kindly
Pros
Good pay
Membership Associate
Membership Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GANovember 28, 2018
Pretty much all i did was stand at the machine when customers pulled in. Management is lack of, they won't work around the hours you can at least they didn't in case. There is 1 female at the whole location, all males. Need better understanding of what is offered.
Lack of training from General manager
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Helotes, TXNovember 20, 2018
It took forever to properly trained and still wasn’t enough to run the wash properly. Lack of respect when it came to family and health concerns. Constant yelling from the general manager when nothing wrong was done.
needs better manangement
worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 16, 2018
management has no communication with each other, they have no maintenance team, when something breaks its up to the employees to fix things. management on call 24/7 regardless of whats going on
It’s an alright job.
Lead Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNSeptember 8, 2018
This is a pretty good job if you’re a high school/college student. Don’t work here if you don’t like getting sweaty/freezing/dirty, you’re at the complete mercy of the weather that day. It’s pretty slow paced during the day, and you only really work for the last hour of your shift if you’re a closer. Here in TN pay starts at 9 per hour. You get promised a lot of raises that you don’t ever get. Management is annoying and likes to spy on you. They expect you to deep clean in an hour’s time but complain if you get overtime. Work kind of consumes your life because of superfluous group texts you are subjected to. You’re always worried that some big manager is gonna sneak up on you and then you’ll get in trouble cuz you forgot your belt that day. They like to promote brown-nosers to the management positions and not the people who actually do the work. Lots of drama because there’s nothing to do.
Pros
Pretty high starting pay, easy job, flexible with time off
Cons
Annoying management, drama
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXSeptember 7, 2018
Great place to work, lots of hours. It’s good work can be hard depending on if something breaks you have to get real dirty. Great management. If I had to pick one job to go back too I would go back to zips today no doubt in my mind
It’s an okay job the pay needs to be better
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 4, 2018
Need more options for advancement . It’s an okay job at times. Fixing the equipment is a thing you’d have to help on also staying late on some nights to help the team