ZocDoc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast-paced workplace
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 16, 2018
I worked for Zocdoc for four years in both Client Operations and People Operations (HR) in their Scottsdale location.

Zocdoc is a fast-paced company where things are constantly changing. This is in part due to the nature of the industry (healthcare meets tech), but also the shortsightedness of leadership. It seems like Zocdoc continues to rollout initiatives and processes without doing a proper impact analysis, often creating miscommunication and redundancies across multiple departments.

There is also the sense that if you are not close to the business' bottom line (Technology, Sales), you are more expendable. Throughout my time there, I had constantly-changing managers, which it made it difficult to receive consistent coaching and mentorship. My roles often lacked career pathing and my teams lacked strong business strategies to follow. Ultimately, there was no real investment/support from senior leadership in the work my teams did, making it hard to have a meaningful impact.

Zocdoc does have a strong mission (give power to the patient) that's easy to get behind and the Scottsdale office has a very welcoming, community-centered culture. The benefits are great and the people who work there really care about what they do.
Pros
Free lunch and snacks, healthcare premiums completely covered, Pto
Cons
Silos, poor cross-department communication
Great culture and product
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 27, 2018
ZocDoc is a company with tremendous upside and growth potential. The culture is great, the management are very collaborative, and the perks are consistent with a tech start up with lots of investment capital. However, when I worked there, it was a requirement you worked no less than a 10 hour work day. I later learned this caused a giant lawsuit and the company had to pay out for overtime law violations, so I can't imagine this is a practice they continue.
Pros
culture, free lunches and health benefits
Cons
Long working hours, poor work/life balance
Great culture, not a lifetime job
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
Zocdoc has an amazing culture. Full health benefits. Paid vacation. Free lunch and snacks. Great people. Fun atmosphere with occasional surprises like company celebrations and happy hours. The culture is the real win for the company.

However, if you're looking to grow, look elsewhere. High turnover in sales. There used to be potential to make GREAT money but they have since capped commission for most roles. You cannot move inter departmentally no matter how hard you try and the only way you move up is MAYBE if you work there for 5-10 years or kiss butt all the time. Work ethic often times gets overlooked.

Great company to gain some experience, get a quick jump start out of college and learn how to sell the right way. If you want to stick in a sales or account management position forever then I highly recommend Zocdoc. If you're looking to grow and develop into a higher role, look elsewhere.
Pros
culture, free food, great benefits, great people, decent pay
Cons
no growth opportunity, managers have no managerial experience, no one listens to suggestions unless your a senior manager or director
A means to an end
Senior Sales & Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2018
Zocdoc is not designed to be your career. Its a place you go until you find where you really want to be. No structure, no support and basically you're on your own. (which I liked).
Great workplace for specific departments
Data Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2018
ZocDoc is a wonderful place to work if you work for the right department. The company values it's engineers & product managers but doesn't seem to realize the importance of their Operations teams. The entire department is underpaid and is run by a woman who has a lot of emotional investment in the company so she takes everything personally.
Pros
Catered lunch
Cons
Made employees hourly
great culture, but poor business model
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
great culture, but poor business model. the service is basically a yellow pages service for most of its users, since you need PPO insurance in order to choose any doctor without a pre-auth from you insurance company. essentially over 85% of zocdoc users cannot actually use the service for its intended use.
Great People, company a little lost
Senior Technical-Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2017
Zocdoc's strength is they hire incredible people, and it's amazing to come in and work with all of them. They have free lunch and great benefits.

The company however, does not exactly know what it wants to be. Rather than giving a real explanation of how they will compete in the health industry they commonly give vague jargon and no real direction.

The facilities (NY office) are just plain bad and the whole time I worked there (3+ years) nothing was done to fix bad bathrooms, overcrowding and lack of natural light. They eventually worked on a "redesign" that was basically a lobby for new applicants and a few engineers.

The compensation is not very good compared to similar jobs, and advancement is difficult.
Pros
free lunches, great benefits
Cons
bad facilities, bad pay, little room to advance
Fun productive environment
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 5, 2017
Fun productive environment that is easy to get caught up in and feed off of the energy they do a great job of hiring the right people. The benefits are great
It was a fast paced productive environment that had a great fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2017
Most of us that worked for the company started our day at 7:30 am began with a team meeting with our managers. My role for the company was to call prospective clients and share with them the benefits Zocdoc could bring to their place of business. We had daily competitions between our coworkers who could close more deals by the end of the work day. It was fun environment while stressful to get meet our daily goals.
Pros
Loved the challenge and the mentorship was superb
Cons
Sporadic hours and the high turnover
productive and fun work place with ping pong tables
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2017
productive and fun work place with ping pong tables
met a lot of young professionals
good benefits with working for a start up company
room for growth
Provided Lunch and Ping Pong
Patient Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 28, 2017
Zocdoc is a great company. Work is fun and they have a way of hiring like-minded people who are quirky and creative. Most managers just tow the corporate line, but a few genuinely care about their employees and try to utilize input and make the job better. Great health benefits for full-time team members and daily catered lunch. Pay and advancement opportunities could be better.
Great Company to Work For
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Zocdoc is a really cool company to work for. The people are young, smart, and pleasant to be around. Understand that when you are interviewing for a particular position, that is the job you will be doing. If you want to be a salesman, understand, your career line will be in sales- and nothing else. Great benefits.
Pros
Free Meals; Free Healthcare; 401k; Promotes With-In
Cons
Bro Culture; Cold Calling
Fun place to work
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Enjoyed this job. It was a great place to contribute too. Lots of great people. Startup so has many challenges. I would recommend this job if you lived in NY.
Unstable
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Zocdoc has some great things going for it. The benefits package is extremely generous. That said, the environment is extremely unstable.
Pros
free lunch, Health benefits
Cons
Unstable, Lack of communication, Unskilled workforce (related to leadership), lack of vision and purpose
Good money, alot of stress
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 24, 2017
exactly what the summary says. paychecks were awesome, work life balance was not i was always working even when i wasnt clocked in or on salary for.
Loved it
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 10, 2017
I was a top performer when I was there. But it is hard hard hard work. It is extremely hard to sell to doctors but you feel good out it when you are successful. If you have a bad month you are put on a PDP... there is no room for failure. But I loved the culture and my direct boss. I would still be there is they didnt lay off all of the sales staff in AZ.
Tries to seem different but is just like every other corporation
Patient Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2016
Being a Patient Operations Assistant here is a difficult, thankless, poorly paid position. Constant pressure and no reward. Managers attempt to assuage this with cupcakes every now and then.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Constant pressure, extremely stringent policies which value numbers over people
Great company with a great futre
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 3, 2016
Solid program in NYC but the Scottsdale location was not led the same. The program was taken back to the NYC office due to business changes.
Low pay
Sales Origination Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
Although I fully stand behind what Zocdoc represents, I do not agree with the amount that employees are paid. Since the office is located in Soho, employees must be paid generously to be able to live anywhere near the office which is not the case. They also are constantly changing what they expect out of employees and it seems management is never on the same page. They tell you one thing at noon and by 2pm they are telling you the complete opposite. Very unorganized and only care about signing up as many doctors as possible even if they are not fit for the service and will not do well.
Pros
free lunch, free benefits
Cons
pay, management, lack of transparency
Great place to work.
Senior Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2015
I love ZocDoc and after being here for three years I can say that it is a truly incredible community. The executive team is available and ready to hear more feedback. The engineering team is building great products and the sales team is becoming a powerful force. This is an exciting place to work and I would recommend it to almost anyone.
Pros
Great people, fun community, free lunch, great events

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZocDoc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight