Zodiac Aerospace Employee Reviews

Average Place to Work
Composite Technician Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 13, 2017
Not somewhere that you can work your way up and that is speaking from experience having worked there for so long. They had great health insurance and but the pay was average. I often did many things out of my job description but was never compensated fairly for it.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Pay
fast paced
Assembler A (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXDecember 7, 2017
I loved this job, I was constantly busy and I learned something new every day. I learned how to build a commercial airline seat from top to bottom and how to fix things that went wrong in the process.
Pros
met alot of friends
Cons
could only miss 80 hours a year
buyer/planner
Buyer/Planner & Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WADecember 5, 2017
good place to work but need to provide more training to meet expectations. The work environment was sufficient to do the job required and was comfortable
Bad management
Production Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TXDecember 5, 2017
There is way to much favoritism buddyism. The manager's are the worst. They could careless about the hard working people. The HR department is the worst I have ever seen. And it is ok for people to mess around with each other and nothing happens to them. HR allows for all this to happen. They even took it out of the code of ethics.And they promote people without testing because of the buddy system that runs rapid here. The management is horrible. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Cons
Management, Hr.
work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CADecember 4, 2017
Working at zodiac aerospace is a good experience. They give you the hours you need, they also provide insurance. Zodiac work as a team and accomplish many achievements.
Pros
good hours
Cons
the people can be rude
Stressful work environment
Supply Chain Director (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 1, 2017
Performance targets not clearly defined, they continued to change. Although targets were achieved, the targets continued to be redefined. They were redefined in both the target values and the methodology to calculate.
Avoid this place
Production Control Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WANovember 30, 2017
Long hours, low pay, do not care about the employees. Everyone is expendable and they are looking for reasons to get rid of you. Little room for advancement and the company is constantly going thru layoff cycles.
slow paced workplace
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  ontairioNovember 29, 2017
I had a very good mentor here Edward brown , he taught me a lot I use today but every day I would show up there would be this group of guys telling me ,"oh I didn't belong there I was to talented to be wasting my time with a company that was gonna give me low raises
Not good
Will not say, they are vindicative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 28, 2017
They moved or are moving everything to Mexico overall not a great place to work, bad local managers, poor decisions led to the closure of this and other plants. They are always looking for a cheaper worker.
Production Area
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Logan township, 2239 High hill RdNovember 28, 2017
Zodiac Aerospace
I consider this company as a college where you come and work and learn new things every single day. At Zodiac all employees were equal.
Productive work place
Logistics Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 16, 2017
I learned alot of things here , i was a kit puller , expiditor , Logistics Clerk and currently becoming a Shipping clerk as well . So i know a good amount of things. I do like working here but it has become over whelming with the stability here.
Pros
benefits, Pay rate
Cons
lay offs
Stressful, labor intense
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXNovember 15, 2017
Working at Zodiac Aerospace was stressful every day. Labor intense, most people work there for the health benefits, there is absolutely no job security.
Sinking ship
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 15, 2017
When the ship sinks, you rip the life preserver off your coworker so they drown, not you. This happened daily in manager meetings. Blame game! CFO arrested for embezzlement and HR has unethical practices.
Pros
Weather
Cons
Backstabbers
its okay to work at
Technician (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LANovember 12, 2017
It is a great place to work at but be wise and work at your own knowledge and don't expect to move up as planned. Benefits are average and clean work environment
Busy place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 10, 2017
Benefits are weak, especially if you are not a salaried employee. They have different benefits for office/salary employees vs the employees on the shop floor. Good place for young engineers to get their start. Cool product and low risk of injury. Company cares about overall safety. Good team work with all employees.
Pros
People and product
Cons
Benefits and pay are weak
not a place to work
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 8, 2017
A very poor management communication is negative, very poor working statics, too much demand on product but no supplies to work with, get paid less but hi demand on working statics.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor management
Too many changes at the top
Operations Manager/Deputy Director (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 7, 2017
In my time at Zodiac we went through 5 different CEO's all with different visions. Because of all of the changes no infrastructure could ever be built. It hurt the company as a whole.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too many management changes
great place to work
RMS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXNovember 6, 2017
love working at this place great environment and great place to work at sadly I had to leave this place because of a Layoff but will gladly return if I had the option or opportunity
Nice city to live in
Production Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 1, 2017
I would still work there if i wasn't laidoff.I really liked my coworkers.The city of Santa Maria is very nice people wise and weather wise.cost of living is very good.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Little bit too much change in production schedule
Merging Company
Director, Operations Excellence & Change Leader (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 27, 2017
The company is undergoing a large merger with another multiple national company. There are many opportunities for advancement if you desire to work hard.
Pros
Advancement and Transfer opportunities
Cons
Layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zodiac Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9