Zodiac Aerospace Employee Reviews

Productive place
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MSOctober 20, 2018
Very productive and relaxed work environment. Get to meet alot of different people and learn different things. Could make good money if your not laid off
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
One break
Good People
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 15, 2018
A great place to work. Management in flux. The people are great to work with, friendly and always willing to help. Upper management seems to b in flux.
Relaxed environment
Bonder (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 11, 2018
Good people and work is pretty easy. People help you out when you need it and you don’t have to rush so much to get something done. There is always something to do
Pros
Pay is low
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXOctober 7, 2018
It is a fast paced environment in most positions. Need to be a fast learner, if something you have never done before. Not a bad place to work based on position.
Bad Management'
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 5, 2018
Management is sloopy , company as a whole treats employee like uneducted slaves, Management doesn't not want to hear what employees have to say. Company should not have a second shift , only 11a to 7pm , company would produce more
Pros
They pay on time
Cons
Rarely have room for advancement
Musical chairs inspectors and 2 QA managers in 1 year
me (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 4, 2018
As a Quality Inspector supporting the aerospace, aero structure, defense, medical, plastic injection molding industry to name but a few, my first reaction to the present day posing micro manager approach was in sheer disgust and contempt.
Lately, I have encountered an ageing board of CEO and administration who woo the woman staff and virtually ignore the male counterparts.

• Sadly, the budget support of the quality department falls far below the priority level which
• compromises the accuracy and adherence to any given company's quality clauses.
• Instead they spend company dollars on 1st and 2nd party body count who defragments the immediate
• order of command, thus becoming broken, frayed leaving temptation to frustration through a reckless chain of
• over staffed microscopic specialists, who juggle the department’s budget, veto your suggestion
• because it compromises their self-indulgent over expenditure while over analyzing and critique your job duties and
• workmanship procedures and vow there is a better way while claiming that we do not need to purchase better equipment.

• But before the door opens and closes there is that (standard operational bull****) trail of paperwork that can leave you in dismay.
• Then it is "Congratulations and welcome new fish". We will see if we can find a place for you to sit and get you up and surfing
• in the company sea. Weeks later.

• More companies would rather pay your initiation by demanding you sit and read all the policies, workmanship procedures for
• 2 or more days and then when push comes to shove
  more... you end up spending your first week or more sitting around
• before you are even provided a computer, granted access into the company’s portal network and actually begin working and
• feeling like an employee. What is IT? Half of **it.

• Recently I had an encounter with a situation of excessive chain of leads and supervisors who was overwhelmed with work load
• and had no time to train me properly particularly in the paperwork flow.
• All he could hope to do is throw me in the fire and become counterproductive killing their time and yours by me
• constantly asking questions. This is the most pathetic means of management that plagues 50% of the companies
• I have worked for in the last 10 years.

• The marketplace.
• There are not that many young, new and upcoming Inspectors entering the job market which has projected technical skills
• and direct hands on Quality Inspection expertise and besides Quality Inspection is far from the hottest rage and
• profession luring new job seekers in to the job market, especially in the wake of China tech which virtually killed the
• manufacturing market here in the states.
• The fact is, the average wage of a Quality manual labor will leave you in the poor house no matter where
• you live in California. We all cannot possibly live at Disney.

• Lastly,
• within the past 6 months I have noticed repeated job postings on Indeed and other employment e boards, some
• which continue running for months on end while some appear, disappear then poof, reappear as if to suggest that
• either the company thought they had the right candidate for the job then, then oops my bad or the companies
• are doing nothing more than collecting data on who is seeking work or an employee/applicant is sick of their job
• and are looking for something else.
• Are they really optimistic about discovering a new flesh and blood seeking an Inspection position throughout the course of
• a classified job ad running month after month? Very unrealistic.
• These days the majority of companies do not even send you rejection emails.
• After 30 resumes submitted since August, I suspect the weeding process of, not the right fit is so tight it is
• suffocating the company’s jewels.
As 2018 flies by and I continue to run across the same companies running the exact same position ad, I will begin dropping names.
Love the few company Bbq that were given by the company.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 2, 2018
Zodiac Aerospace gave employees lots of overtime in my first 2 years working there which was very helpful financially for everyone that work there. The last year was stressful for everyone concern cause of down sizing within the company for everyone that stayed on cause of the increases workload from co- workers getting laid off. The morale and general optimism were at a all time low cause of the lay offs and no raises given in 2018. All in all Zodiac Aerospace was a good company to work for and I'm personally thankful for the opportunitys they gave me while i work for the company.
Pros
The overtime was great, and positive environment in the work place.
Cons
N/a
Zodiac Aerospace SPARES
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 1, 2018
A typical Manager with a little leadership skills will throw subordinate under the bus just to look good with everybody.Upper management are good managers but mid level supervisors are inexperienced and vindictive. High turnovers of workers from top level management down to production people.
Pros
Good for entry level and gaining aerospace manufacturing experience.
Cons
vindictive manager.
good friends and good people to work with
Supplier Quality Engineer /Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 29, 2018
good company to work at...lots of good people worked with. upper mgt sometimes do not understand how assembly lines operate, should walk the process to better understand how it works..
Its like working among family at Zodiac
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MSSeptember 29, 2018
I worked for the company for 20 years. During that 20 year time period. I probably worked maybe 10 years. The pay is very low. And the company doesn't offer any incentives to encourage employees to stay.
Pros
Working in a family enviorment
Cons
Lay offs with low pay
poor management
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CASeptember 27, 2018
its okay to work there, hostile environment, no balance to work and personal time. very demanding. no structure or procedure. not organized. poor communication
Contract
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CASeptember 26, 2018
I was a contractor, so I do not have any opinion on company policy or management operations or co-workers. It was a good environment for me, I left only due to 100 mile distance from home.
Fast Past work
WAREHOUSE / PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 25, 2018
Fast past warehouse , lots of overtime, weekends and voluntary Saturdays and Sundays. Company shows employee appreciation by having cook outs every six months.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Zodiac just purchased by Safran
R&D Engineer (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 23, 2018
Reorganization has made the employment security doubtful.

High volumes of commercial aircraft seating

Centralizing R&D and M&P

Little manufacturing, all work performed off-site
Pros
Large company
Cons
North Texas
Fast passed work environment/competitive
Engineering Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJSeptember 20, 2018
Fast passed work environment, willing to train, fair benefits, family oriented company. Constantly learning new things, always available to assist anyone within the company.
Fast Paced, Very Chaotic
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 19, 2018
Zodiac is a very chaotic high paced environment. Zodiac offers a lot of experience in a short time. No matter what level of employee you are, you will be treated equally.
It is good
cnc programmer (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 16, 2018
cheap pay,management it is good,a nice place working,workplace is good ,the hardest part of the job is that the people not help each other,the most enjoyable part of the job is very easy to do
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Well-paying but horrible work-life balance
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WASeptember 16, 2018
Working in Cascades department allowed for many work hours in a week, but with too much of it being mandatory. 10 hours a day everyday but Sunday (which was 8) was mandatory, with only 2 days off a month, at most. The company did pay 1.5x and sometimes 2x on OT, though, so it was easy to make a good amount of money in a short time.
Cons
Too many mandatory hours a week
No comments
ELECTRICAL WIRE HARNESS INTEGRATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 14, 2018
No comments. They hired graduated to work on Boeing projects. They do not know how to do it, except they know the Mentor Graphic tools. I have to come in to fix all their mistakes.
Enjoyed the Engineering and Supply Chain Department
Supply Chain / Engineering Administrator (Former Employee) –  Neptune, NJSeptember 12, 2018
This is really an exciting workplace we save live there. We build floats for helicopter, planes and Army and Nave floats, life vests, all types of kits for the airlines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zodiac Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight