Zoes Kitchen, Inc. Employee Reviews

High demand restaurant
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PASeptember 15, 2018
Very fast past kitchen, a lot of catering orders. Food needs to be made in good quality but as well as on time. Prep food from scratch so a lot of kitchen prep work. GM is friendly and the co-workers are excellent.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No breaks, no set schedules, long hours
slow paced and relaxed
FOH Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2018
i worked behind the counter most of the time taking orders and inputing them into the system. id also take out orders to guest and make sure they received everything in a correct and timely manner.
Pros
free food
Cons
none that i can think of
Horrible business
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 6, 2018
Manager horrible treats Mexicans like slaves for low pay promise one thing when your hired next promises are never brought forth low hours low pay horrible management
Easy Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2018
This job was very easy and relaxing. The only thing was I was doing shift leader jobs and not getting paid for it so I decided to leave. The management always depends, sometimes its good sometimes not. But overall it was super slow-paced at nights but it does get busy during the day.
Pros
Discounted Meals, Laid back
Cons
No hours, pay is low
Poor management
Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 26, 2018
The management is poor at this place. The managers are unprofessional, sneaky and very manipulative. Yes there is room for advancement there which is one good thing along with the food when its fresh.
Pros
Discounts, free food, room to advance
Cons
Poor leadership
Messy and Unfair work environment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2018
Don’t work here. Not enough hours given out. You have more free time than work time. Management treated staff very poorly. Overall a bad experience. Would not recommend
Relaxed
Host (Current Employee) –  Chamblee, GAAugust 21, 2018
It is a decent place to work at. You dont get paid too much which is a problem. And there is a management problem since the current manager at my location has a lot of her family working there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
The Upper Managment is on Drugs
Line Chef/Shift-Manager (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAAugust 18, 2018
Really nobody jumped on my back until I tried to bring some discipline to the place. As long as you’re not trying to lead, lots of fun and good food. My location was pretty slow, but I hear some locations get really swamped. Still the work is easy and the management is really laid back.
Pros
Good food, easy going attitude, easy work
Cons
Lack of leadership, no support for management
bad place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 15, 2018
Poor management, no hours, underpaid, no advancement or benefits. I don't like working there and need to find somewhere else that can match my needs soon.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management, lack of pay and hours, rude leaders, no benefits, no chance of advancement, stressful
Productive fun workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 1, 2018
Zoe's Kitchen is a phenomenal company to work for especially those looking for a casual part time job or 20 hour work week. The food is amazing and there are multiple opportunities to learn new skills.
Not a hard job, you just need to be well trained before you decide to start working.
Hostess and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXJuly 25, 2018
This is a very popular store in my area, so it is a very fast paced and sometimes stressful work environment. Management is amazing so I was very well trained and ready for action.
My exciting & fun work day at Zoes
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 25, 2018
From working at zoes kitchen I learned much about managing the team, how to talk to people & get everyone on board with the plan for the day. A typical work day starts with me opening up the store that means I set up the lobby, get the teas ready, set up the tables, & get all the catering orders set up.
Pros
free meal for every shift you work.
Cons
after working 5 hours you have to take a 30 minute un-paid break no matter what.
A full on experience
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2018
I have been working here for 2 years now almost, and it has been a crazy roller coaster. Most of our stores are understaffed with little managers. They keep opening stores when some are struggling very bad.
It was cool for a while
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 23, 2018
I was liking the job until people didn't want to do there job i like working with food and with. New ingredients thats the best part about the job and the people
Good place to work for if you like the resteraunt business, just not too good pay and a ton of work
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2018
Zoes Kitchen isn’t a bad place to work for if you like being around food and admire the resteraunt business but it is a lot of work and you will be slaving for a check, everyday I get off I would be exhausted especially when I had to pull doubles, overall it’s not worth it to work so much considering how much the pay rate is.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No break work straight through
Its good
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 16, 2018
It's good place to work. Obviously it is a restaurant business so there will be cons to that. It iffers competitive pay, good work hours as well, and also just great staff to work with.
a good job
chashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 16, 2018
everyday u get to meet new people from different places its wroth working working there so if u got a job there stay focus its worth it and dont give up
Flexible
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 15, 2018
The hours are Flexible and work around your day to day life. Time off requests are almost always granted, within reason. The managers understand that family comes first and are willing to work with you.
How Zoes Kitchen is
Hostess (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX 77382July 11, 2018
Zoes Kitchen is relatively a good place to work at. I liked the work atmosphere and I liked how the job was flexible. It was simple tasks and I liked that I got to make the guests happy.
Pros
free lunches and good atmosphere
Cons
sexist company
lack of fulfilling promises
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2018
I was told I'd receive 30-40 hours per week in the interview, but only received an average of 20. Part of it was the hours not being scheduled and the other part was being so slow, they'd send people home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zoes Kitchen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about