Zoes Kitchen, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun workplace that is productive when needed
Host/Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 14, 2019
Management was out of this world, I loved every manager there without a doubt. As a crew we'd have fun when we could, that being when no customers were in the store or during closing or opening, but when it came to business we got to it.
Pros
Great environment, good management, And fun co-workers
Cons
Lack of hours due to over staff
Bad management they hire a lot of people from out of the country and faked their social security numbers
Catering Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 10, 2019
I would recommend Zoe's Kitchen if it weren't in this area maybe it's a better place to work in a different state or city. They started hiring a lot of people who are American citizens and actually faking their social security number
Mommy Dearest for a manager
line cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJanuary 8, 2019
A q s r treated like a five star restaurant or at least was trying to be made into one. I was made to feel like you couldn't do anything right and even when you thought you were doing the right thing it was always wrong. High-strung manager with no sense of direction. Thought they knew it all but they didn't have a clue. If you like being belittled, talked to like a idiot and being talked to anyway the manager feels they can talk to you this place is for you. Otherwise I wouldn't even bother. Always made to feel like everything was there idea. All suggestions and ideas dismissed Low pay lots of work stressful environment sometimes left work feeling like you worked a 24-hour day.
Pros
The employees
Cons
The manager
Provide excellent service
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 7, 2019
Good work environment easy going , very good management and extremely fast flexible with hours and specific situations only thing is hours are very sacred
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun, cooperative, fast paced, relaxed environment.
Host (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I learned how to deal with all kinds of customers, it helped me develop my communication skills and customer service. I learned how to work in a kitchen, also learned how to handle money better and work a cash register. It helped me work with people as a team.
Pros
Free Lunch, Flexible Hours
Cons
Little hours, no real advancement
Not A Fun Place to Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I worked at Zoe's for about 5 months and the whole time I worked there I hated it. The specific location I worked at, they required too much from us and the pay never matched the amount of work we had to do. Management was horrible and one of the managers was always bad mouthing the employees.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Wages
review
Prep, line-cook and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoyed the food and the people for the most part, the set up could have been a lot better. A lot of the employees would not do there part in the company and it made it hard for others
Great Place to Work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Lots of changes going on but overall a great place to work. The new RO is Dallas they hired from Starbucks was absolutely terrible and part of the reason I left. She is immature and has terrible communication.
Pros
good hours, lots of growth, free meals
Cons
inexperienced and immature Dallas RO
Good place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 6, 2019
It was a great experience and it paid well. Also good people to work with. The only reason I left was because I was starting back college and wanted to stay focused on my classes.
Zoe's Life
Host/Cashier/Expo (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 2, 2019
Fun, but fast-paced. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen! Some of the reviews from customer's can be harsh, but the hurtful comments should be taken with a grain of salt. You need a routine with this position that can easily be formed with a little practice and self-awareness on the job and referring to the duties listed in the daily log.
Pretty Cool Place To Work
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 1, 2019
Not a super hard job, can be stressful when management isn't the best. Management changes frequently and is either great or downright terrible. Pay isn't the best for employees who have been with the company for years. New hires make sometimes 2-3 dollars more an hour than loyal long term employees. Raises don't happen unless promoted or if they do, it's only by a few cents. Free meal, good hours, loyal customers. Overall pretty cool place to work if you don't have a lot of bills.
Pros
Free Meal, Flexible hours, cool people
Cons
Pay, no breaks, management
A lot of empty promises
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GADecember 22, 2018
I asked for over a year to transfer closer to my house and they gave me the run around. I also referred a new manager and never got my bonus and she was brought in at a higher rate that. I was when I had already been working there for over a year. It just seemed like they were telling me what I wanted to hear to keep me where they wanted me and didn't care too much about me personally.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Travel too far. Too many hours away from my family
Enjoyed working for the company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 19, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for Zoes. I wanted more flexibility to be creative and make choices for myself, that’s why I left. But overall loved the company. Pay rate is lower than competitors and also the work/life balance was more demanding for General Managers than expected.
A decent place to work
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLDecember 18, 2018
It's been pleasant for the most part, with decent pay and opportunities for raises. Company is still growing and provides plenty of opportunities in higher management.
Very disorganized
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 18, 2018
As an up and coming restaurant corporation, Zöe's does not display its long awaited rise to popularity. with many problems behind the counter that has managed to deter many loyal customers. problems with management, hiring, and pay. this place is a cycle of firing and rehiring that it can't seem to get out of.
Pros
VERY Lenient.
Cons
Much needed help at all times with little to no discipline for its employees
Cashiering, food preparation, dishwasher, server, host, busboy, food line server, catering, shift-leader, host. Inventory, cook
Host/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 12, 2018
• Duties: I began as a host; greeting customers, offer customer service, seating customers, cashiering, and lobby duties.
• Shift leader: in charge of all the catering, food preparation, cook, employee watch, inventory, cashier, busboy, server, and dishwasher.
Great Place to work
Director of Supply Chain (non-food and services) (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 6, 2018
Work Hard -Play Hard . Nice people Harding working group .

Positive work environment, innovative ideas and always encouraged to think outside the box.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cashier/Host Experience
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 27, 2018
Really enjoyed working for Zoe's Kitchen. It was a flexible job enviornment, that was quick paced and taught me many new skills. I would recommend to any one, even if you do not think you would like a resturant type job. The company is great and the food is amazing!
Pros
Free/discounted meals
Cons
Short breaks
Hostile Work Environment
Hostess/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2018
I have always felt accepted and supported by my fellow employees with this company but, when it comes to management they do not have proper training..
Good work place
Host (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 9, 2018
The location was good. Customers were friendly. Staff was very good oriented. Staff was very friendly. Management was very competent. Easy to learn work place.
Pros
Discounts, free drinks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zoes Kitchen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about