Zoes Kitchen, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good work place
Host (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 9, 2018
The location was good. Customers were friendly. Staff was very good oriented. Staff was very friendly. Management was very competent. Easy to learn work place.
Pros
Discounts, free drinks
Productive and fun place to work for
Sr. Manager, Business Systems (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 6, 2018
Direct the day-to-day operational activities of the information-technology group encompassing analysts and developers focused on the delivery of reporting and software solutions for business partners. Liaison in various cross-functional applications and building tools and reports for analytic usage. profit-loss projections as well as provide briefing on project progress and outcomes ensuring clear communication with internal/external stakeholders. Demonstrate full-cycle project leadership from inception to completion. Awarded numerous times for performance and successful project completion.
Pros
Free lunch, fun Friday's and sampling of test food
This is an okay job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2018
There was not enough hours available for everyone that worked there. But it was a relaxed job and every day u worked you got a free meal.but the pay was very low and only 20 hours a week available for me to work
Great Culture
Home Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 22, 2018
It was a great place to learn. The people are passionate about Zoes and it shows in the work being produced. I enjoyed that atmosphere of the office, the people I met and the work I got to do. It allowed me to be a part of many things outside of my position!
The Home Office is incompetent, hopefully CAVA fires them all!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 21, 2018
This used to be a great company but as soon as stock prices slipped they fired everyone with a soul and hired evil soulless monsters in their place. I don't know how they chose these people, since the woman running the company was fired from her previous job that was not as large of a role! If being a manager at Zoes Kitchen has one requirement, it is that you must be willing to be a human punching bag. The home office makes decisions that cause RAGE for the hourly team members and the guest, with out soliciting any feedback from the Operators who are in the field every single day. HR goes on and on about how hourly turn over is up but doesn't make any mention of the fact that they took away a General Managers autonomy over their teams pay rates, or how Zoes Kitchen pays less than any restaurant requiring half as much work. That's right, I lose team members who can not believe that I am telling them the truth when I tell them that even though I am their boss, I have ZERO power to give them a pay increase.. so they blame me for it (PUNCH). The internet goes down company wide several times a month causing guest to be very angry that their mobile app does not work, so they scream at me for it (PUNCH) Those guest write negative reviews that cause your bonus to be taken away (PUNCH) There aren't enough people working to take care of the customers because you are only allowed to have the bare minimum of number of team members working at any given time, so you get yelled at.

Also, they went from a monthly GM bonus that was very generous to a quarterly bonus that is LAUGHABLE! They
  more... gave us no notice to be able to plan for the finical burden that would be caused by making $1,000 less a month as a person who works more than full time. Its like they haven't caught on to the idea that companies that treat their employees this poorly are dying off....That's why they had to be bought out, because they can't stand on their own two feet.

They will tell you that they are people first, RUN, they are lying. I have worked 80 weeks with a high fever because I had no Assistant Manager. GMs don't hire Agms...Home office recruiters and Regional Managers are supposed to, but they get their days off either way so what do they care?
Fun and flexible work place
Shift Leader and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 13, 2018
Ive been working here for a while and its a very nice working environment. Im able to plan my work schedule around my school schedule, and there is great opportunities for advancement in the company.
Pros
Free food, fun environment, flexible schedule.
Cons
No breaks, understaffed, close to corporate.
Great place to start a career!
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2018
I worked at Zoes on and off for about 7 years and I loved it! My management team was always involved and asked me about my life ( I was in an entry level position and promoted to a shift leader). The food is great and the team always had fun, great place to get a first job and learn some management skills and responsibilities.
Pros
Free lunch when you work, discount when you are off.
Cons
You have to mop the floors and clean bathroom and that gets old....but its worth it.
Great Place to Work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2018
Zoes Kitchen really does stand by their core values and mission, it is felt throughout the company from the top down. The food is all really good, so you don't have to lie to guests, made in house daily or every other day. Management is supported well from above so that is able to trickle down to the rest of the staff at locations. Training is planned and thorough, as there is a preference to promote from within. It is always a fun day at Zoes Kitchen.
Pros
Great Culture, half off meals, room to grow, supportive management.
Cons
Qsr, so it can get crazy quick, hours are somewhat hard to come by.
great fast pace experience
Cashier Host/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 2, 2018
management was good, but I didn't get what I was promised as far as a pay raise for filling in for others or the work I've done/ heavy lifting as a pregnant woman in the workplace.
Very fast pasting but stress free job.
Host and Cashier and Deilvery Driver (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 26, 2018
This job is a very fun job if you make it to be that way. They understand things going on in your life. Mangement here is straightforward and no sugar coating which i love. You can discuss with the mangers about anything you need.
Bright and fun atmosphere with nice co-workers
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXSeptember 25, 2018
The food is delicious, the attitudes from other employees were always positive. Everyone got along and always helped each other out if needed. We worked as a team.
High demand restaurant
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PASeptember 15, 2018
Very fast past kitchen, a lot of catering orders. Food needs to be made in good quality but as well as on time. Prep food from scratch so a lot of kitchen prep work. GM is friendly and the co-workers are excellent.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No breaks, no set schedules, long hours
slow paced and relaxed
FOH Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2018
i worked behind the counter most of the time taking orders and inputing them into the system. id also take out orders to guest and make sure they received everything in a correct and timely manner.
Pros
free food
Cons
none that i can think of
Horrible business
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 6, 2018
Manager horrible treats Mexicans like slaves for low pay promise one thing when your hired next promises are never brought forth low hours low pay horrible management
Easy Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2018
This job was very easy and relaxing. The only thing was I was doing shift leader jobs and not getting paid for it so I decided to leave. The management always depends, sometimes its good sometimes not. But overall it was super slow-paced at nights but it does get busy during the day.
Pros
Discounted Meals, Laid back
Cons
No hours, pay is low
Poor management
Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 26, 2018
The management is poor at this place. The managers are unprofessional, sneaky and very manipulative. Yes there is room for advancement there which is one good thing along with the food when its fresh.
Pros
Discounts, free food, room to advance
Cons
Poor leadership
Messy and Unfair work environment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2018
Don’t work here. Not enough hours given out. You have more free time than work time. Management treated staff very poorly. Overall a bad experience. Would not recommend
Relaxed
Host (Current Employee) –  Chamblee, GAAugust 21, 2018
It is a decent place to work at. You dont get paid too much which is a problem. And there is a management problem since the current manager at my location has a lot of her family working there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
The Upper Managment is on Drugs
Line Chef/Shift-Manager (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAAugust 18, 2018
Really nobody jumped on my back until I tried to bring some discipline to the place. As long as you’re not trying to lead, lots of fun and good food. My location was pretty slow, but I hear some locations get really swamped. Still the work is easy and the management is really laid back.
Pros
Good food, easy going attitude, easy work
Cons
Lack of leadership, no support for management
bad place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 15, 2018
Poor management, no hours, underpaid, no advancement or benefits. I don't like working there and need to find somewhere else that can match my needs soon.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management, lack of pay and hours, rude leaders, no benefits, no chance of advancement, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zoes Kitchen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about